size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
09-17-2019, 06:01 PM
Rhyme hadn’t been able to leave Abaven after the eruption, but he had been able to send Imperia to tell Poem that they were alive and where it was the pack had relocated to. The island wasn’t perfectly safe, but it was more stable than the mainland. The waves were scary sometimes, but they were making it through in relative peace.

He’d not pressed Shaye, but he could tell that she was in need of real support. He realized when he saw her that she still allowed too much responsibility to weigh on her shoulders. He knew that he wouldn’t be able to go back out and find Motif just yet. Shaye needed him, Eulogy needed him, and all of Abaven’s pups did as well.

Softly he made his way to where Shaye slept, knowing she wasn’t likely doing much of that right now. He missed his time with his alpha partner. Missed the fire that used to dwell in her eyes. Much of it had been torn away when Vail died, but even if she couldn’t see it Rhyme had to take it upon himself to open her eyes to it before it fully went out. His heart beat nervously, he couldn’t remember the last time they’d been alone together. On Vail’s grave?

He shook the memory from his thoughts as he called out softly to her, ”Shaye?” He asked quietly, not wanting to disturb her slumber that was so desperately needed. Rhyme needed to make her selfish, she needed to live for herself. She took too much weight from those she loved that she’d forgotten about herself. Rhyme had to show her how much she meant to him. A task that was difficult when their past was so complicated, he’d always known how deeply he loved her even if he wasn’t allowed to show that affection anymore.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-17-2019, 06:12 PM
Shaye, who longer for a quiet retirement, surrounded by family and bouncing grandkids, had long since realised that this would never be her future. Abaven would always need her, there was always going to be a disaster, and she would give everything to keep her family safe and whole. Just as she had taken that first plunge after Sparrows death, and taken on Abaven because of what this pack meant to her, both in his history and its place in her heart as family.

She trained Theory, and had wished for the girl to take her place, but she could not abandon her to the difficulties the pack was facing. She had begun to realise she would lead this pack until her death, and even then she felt her spirit would be reluctant to let it go, to leave those she cared about without her.

She couldn’t remember closing her eyes, she had fallen asleep with herbs spread out before her - the pack was once again low on healers, with Vail… gone, and Epitaph missing. Perhaps he was dead now as well. She blinked the groggy eyes of someone who hadn’t realised they had slept, waking. She had lavender stuck to her nose, she must have breathed upon its pile when she slept, and she sneezed it free. She hadn’t meant to sleep, the herb stock pile was in terrible state, she needed to make a list and begin foraging… but what had woken her again?

She got to her paws and stuck her head out of her den to find Rhyme standing there, and the Alpha rubbed her eyes and looked at the newly-made Beta. “Oh, Rhyme, what can I do for you?” she asked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

09-17-2019, 07:49 PM
The last thing he’d meant to do was disturb her, and he’d sigh heavily as he’d heard her shuffling awake at the sound of his voice. He’d nearly turned to leave so that she might go back to sleep, but hesitated long enough that her features appeared from the den. The corners of his lips pulled back as she greeted him, first and foremost if she could do anything for him. ”I wondered if you might invite me in.” His request was humble, and almost not uttered at all. Was it too improper? He'd spent a long time trying to distance himself so his heart might not hurt anymore. Now he knew that had been a mistake.

Where would they have been, if he’d grabbed her that morning and held her instead of allowing her to run away? Why had he so easily fallen into her arms while inebriated? What if their deeper relationship had worked instead of fallen apart? Would they have been driven off? Forced to raise their daughters alone in the woods somewhere? Would life have been better in this moment if they’d been forced in that scenario?

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-17-2019, 09:30 PM
She blinked a little at him, still coming to terms with the waking world. It had been a while since he had sought her out, and that they had spoken outside of their fears for their children or this pack. She had shut down with Vails death, and sent him away to find Motif. Their worlds felt so different to how they had been before the birth of Poem and Motif. She blinked stupidly at him a moment longer, before finding her voice. "No, please, come in" she said, stepping back to give him room. The den she had chosen was decent sized, large enough for her frame, and for any in her pack who might wish the comfort of sleeping beside her.

It was also something of a mess, a havoc of herbs across the floor, a half eaten rabbit to one side where she had nibbled between thoughts, before being forgotten. It reminded her that she herself must look like a bedridden mess. She self consciously gave her fur a pat down when he wasnt looking. Not that her appearance in front of Rhyme mattered, he had already seen her at her very worst, what did a little bed hair matter?

She didnt know what was on his mind, but assumed he wished to talk to her about Motif. She wasnt sure she could handle that conversation at the moment, she had felt wound up and tight, like anything might make her snap. She was hiding it, but she had started to fall apart with the death of Vail, and couldn't remember how to put herself back together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

09-18-2019, 06:54 AM
They hadn’t spent much time together recently, for many good reasons. Rhyme hadn’t the time to worry about the mother of his children when he was worried about his children. Motif was missing, and finding her was his first priority for too long now. Verse was gone, Noir left.. He had many yearlings he needed to go out into the world to find. He knew he wouldn’t be able to relax until he knew where they were, but for now he was forced to remain on the island. He could only pray that his offspring were raised well enough to take care of themselves.

He wasn’t sure what caused Shaye’s sudden stupor or if her recently discarded sleep was to blame. She took a long moment to answer him, but did eventually invite him inside with her. He didn’t notice her quick swipe over her fur, or the mess that was her temporary den. Shaye could do anything to him and Rhyme knew he would still hold a deep affection for her.

He made himself comfortable, too long had passed since he’d felt this way inside a den.l. He liked sleeping under the stars, he was more free and easier alerted to the dangers that lurked. For once he didn't wish to speak about their children, or his own. He hoped it was still too soon to tell, but with all of his offspring besides Theo now gone Rhyme felt like he’d failed as a father. He tried to hide the shame the thought brought him as he leaned back against the wall of the den and looked back to Shaye and her worn form.

”I feel like it’s been a while since anyone asked how you are doing.” He started, blue and lavender gaze soft as he opened up the floor for her to vent or mourne or rejoice.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-23-2019, 12:29 AM
She watched as he settled into the den, and reluctantly took a seat beside him. Like a tick in her mind that constantly went off, she remembered everything she needed to do. The herbs she needed to finish assessing, wolves she needed to assign as healers and give a crash course training to. Epitaph… she worried for the man, and was beginning to feel like the healer position in Abaven was cursed.

She wasn’t expected the sudden turn about of his question, directing at her instead of all the problems they faced. She blinked again, perhaps a touch slower than she ought to be. Depression did that to a person.

She contemplated the question for a moment, before she forced a lopsided smile onto her muzzle. “A little overwhelmed, but what's new?” she joked, deflecting his question. “At last I don’t look as bad as you, have you slept this week?” she asked her driven Alpha-partner… ex Alpha Partner.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

10-02-2019, 03:57 PM
She was deep in thought as he surprised her with his question. Shaye was also slow to answer, which told him more than the answer she gave him ever would. He wished he could whisk her away, take her far away from the huge list of responsibilities she had, and force her to relax. She needed to release herself from the huge weight she put upon herself. Shaye needed to understand that she wouldn't be able to keep going like this. She couldn’t do it all, and sooner rather than later she needed to share the responsibility with the younger generation.

Shaye joked, but Rhyme knew better. She tried to turn the conversation back to him but the now Beta wasn’t about to accept that. ”I think it’s a lot overwhelmed.” Rhyme returned seriously as he aimed to find her gaze in the darkness. ”You’re good at hiding it, but I can see your breaking point, Shaye.” His words were soft and gentle as could be with his directness. ”You’ve got to share the weight of the world. You can’t carry it all on your own.” His voice was a whisper, and he was pleading with her much more than trying to tell her what to do. He needed her in his life, and he wasn’t about to let her work herself to death.