gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
09-23-2019, 05:56 PM
Poem and Edgar gad split up for the morning, she thought they’d be able to cover more ground this way. She also had Thad out looking, and she hoped he’d run into her father soon as well. He seemed like he might have been a good candidate for Abaven but she hadn’t wanted to push him. The girl tried not to grow disheartened, she hadn’t had much news from her father other than the pack was safe. She hadn’t been able to send any news back with Imperia.

She made her way through the desert now, it was chill but she was in a desert. The sun kept her warm through the blistering cold as she found her way to a hidden oasis. There was a little greenery, and she hoped the water wasn’t frozen over. White paws carried her forward towards the spring fed water. Thankfully the ice was kept away so she would be able to drink after her trek through the sandy dunes.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-23-2019, 06:13 PM

Prey was scarce, as much of it had fled the volcano even further then the wolf pack had gone. At least they had a decent source of water, and the angle of the red rocks sheltered it from the ash that occasionally drifted even this far South. It was the cold would cause them to struggle, as winter rolled in more fiercely than any other he had felt in this land before… not that he had been here long.

He, too, worried the water might freeze, and leave them without even this vital resource. Such were the thoughts on the tyrants mind as he made his way to the Oasis. What he hadn’t expected to see, was the young child that took a drink by the water. He saw her, and he saw a playmate an a source of warmth for a child of Deathbelle. The frustrated children needed companionship, and the coming winter would prove their need for warmth.

In his way of thinking, the young wolf was trespassing regardless. This was Ashen’s source of water, and a part of their temporary stomping grounds well they waited for the volcano to die down. As he approached her, he caught something familiar about her scent. interesting. he thought. “Why are you here?” the behemoth asked her, his larger than most vultures gliding lazily from the sky to land at his back. Somewhere in the distance, one might catch the subtle whites of the snow leopard as she lay in wait by the deserts edge.

"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

09-23-2019, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 06:38 PM by Seadragoness.)
Poem turned to see the giant walking towards her as much as she heard his massive foot falls in the sandy soil. Bright blue and lavender gaze was brought from the water she so desperately needed. She was no stranger to huge wolves, and didn’t balk at his appearance. She had little reason to fear him. The wolves she’d met so far were all kind and one even offered help in finding her sister. ”I’m in need of water.” She offered, her voice cracking as further evidence of her claim. ”What are you doing here?” She returned the question, curious if she’d missed something. She was so thirsty she missed the familiar scent of his pelt for now. She made motion to get closer to the spring. her throat called out for water.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-23-2019, 06:44 PM

The young wolf didn’t so much as stir in worry at the sight of him, and he wondered at that. He took another deep breath in, scenting her, and getting that familiar taste. Yes, He knew one who was related to her, closely related. If the age similarities where to go by, he would say that she was the littermate of the wolf on his mind. Interesting, for he knew his young slave believed she was alone in the world.

“Drink, then” he offered, taking a step back in case she believed he bared her from the water source, drink, and leave not he thought to himself. His pack needed the resource of her, she could help them hunt, and be there for Deathbelles children. She was far from home, if home had been near the volcano, as the child had said it was. Had she escaped the volcano without her family? Certainly her coat wasn’t thick with the scents of pack. She had been alone for a time. “Does the name Adelaide mean anything to you?” he asked after a moment, expecting a reaction as he spoke the name of her sister.

"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

09-23-2019, 06:53 PM
Even though she hadn’t asked permission as she made a motion to move the mammoth beast gave her clearance to drink as she needed. Poem didn’t even hesitate and drew her slim form forward to partake in the clear and fresh water. The taste was divine to her parched tongue. She barely heard the man as he spoke to her, and asked another question. She realized that hers hadn’t been answered. Not that she had plans to confront him. She just wanted her fill of water.

Had he used her sister’s real name her attention wouldn’t have been able to be diverted. Motif was her main concern and she wouldn’t soon forget her dear sibling. Dark ears fell to her skull as she looked back up from the crystal of the water. ”No, are you looking for her? I’ve been searching for my sister, maybe we can help each other.” She said with a brightness returning to her blue and lavender stare.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-23-2019, 07:23 PM
He frowned, puzzled at her slowly given and lackluster response. Certainly not in line with one who had heard the name of a missing sister. He would have thought she did not think the girl missing at all (he had no doubt that they where related)- if not for the mention of a lost sister. Ahhh... he realised the issue. He had been lied to about her name. It had been the red panda that had given it to him, and he was more cautious then the pup in his possession.

"My mistake." He said, falling silent for a moment, before speaking again. "Your sister... is she darker then you, with similar leg patterns and white on her nose and under her eyes?" He asked then, wondering if this line of enquiry would get a better response then his first. The large vulture upon his back stirred, beady eyes watching the girl, unblinking. Both had come to the conclusion that she was innocent, a sweet summer child, with no u understanding of the dangers that lay on the world. He was surprised that any had let her wonder alone, especially if they where already missing one child. It strengthened the suggestion that her family might be dead - except for her continued innocence.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

09-23-2019, 07:35 PM
He didn’t get the answer he was looking for, that much was clear in the frown that appeared over his features. She tilted her head slightly as he fell silent, seemingly contemplating his words before speaking again. As he described Motif perfectly Poem felt her eyes widen a bit. Did he knew where she could find her sister?

”Yes! That sounds exactly like her! Do you know where she is? Where I can find her?” Poem was already climbing to her ivory white paws, her striped tail wagged eagerly, unable to believe she’d finally gotten her first clue. Motif was so close she knew it! She didn’t know the sinister thoughts lurking behind the behemoth’s blue gaze. All she could think about was that he knew where to find Motif.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-23-2019, 09:28 PM
There it was, the reaction he had been expecting, as the young wolf got to her paws, tail wagging eagerly behind her. Still she showed no reservations towards him, nor the dark faced avian that sat hulkingly upon his back, large wings partly spread, and wicked sharp beak angled slightly downwards. He stood in silence a moment, regarding the sweet faced, excited girl before him. "I do." He said finally, speaking the words as theough they where reluctant.

Another pause, and then a slow smile started on his lips, through it was anything but inviting. "I know exactly where she is, but this knowledge will cost you, cost you dearly. Is it worth it, for your sister?" He asked, before his eyes lit, just a little, with curiosity. And well your at it, "I'm curious, tell me." he said cruelly "was your family killed in the aftermath of the volcanic eruption?" Perhaps now she was starting to get an inkling at just what kind of man he was. Perhaps now she would start to fear, for herself and this lost beloved sister. The girl who was not adelaide.

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

09-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Poem had been beat down and stripped of her confidence with Noir’s actions against her and the loss of her dearest sister. She had hit a low she hadn’t known existed, but now that this stranger was here speaking of her sister she’d been overwhelmed with relief. Motif was alive, or she hoped as she grew more weary with every word the stranger spoke. She’d been introduced to evil when her brother had pushed her to the fire, and again she would be deceived.

Instead of fear her protective instinct started again in overdrive. She needed to find Motif, and nothing and no one would stand in her way. Poem was willing to pay any price as long as she got her sister back safe and sound. She wasn’t afraid, she was getting angry. Though she did wish desperately that Edgar was here beside her. She felt her hair stand on end as the tension between them rose. He spoke of her family like he knew them, but she knew nothing about the man.

Now that she had removed the blinders from her eyes she could smell the pack, and her sister faintly upon him. Poem’s hackles rose as she lowered her head defensively. ”That’s none of your business.” She told him, her own voice lowering. This was no longer the hopeful situation she wished to be in. At first the tall beast reminded her vaguely of Rhyme, now he was much more menacing. If Rhyme was impressive this stranger was deadly. Poem couldn’t balk though, Motif had to be found. ”No price is too high for my sister.” She whispered, her hesitation in attacking him her only hint of the nervousness she had to square off with the experienced sell sword.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-24-2019, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 03:51 PM by Sirius.)

She didn’t back down, and despite her age he only held a few inches over her. Regardless, he used them well, versed in the art of looming as he was, with the great hulking bird upon his back. His elongated fangs parting his lips in a friendly smile, and he surveyed the woman before her. Her fur bristled, but if it was in fear or tension he could not truly tell. She was a brave little spunk, and he could see she wasn’t backing down without a fight.

She gave no answer to her family, and he couldn’t tell if she was protecting them, or it hurt to much to speak on. It didn’t matter, really. If the family was going to retaliate for the loss of a child, they already had the lost little sister in their possession.

“I paid dearly for her, but she is a sniveling little child who believes her family lived beside the volcano and did not survive its wrath. Do you know how hard it is to train one who's broken hearted?” his smile grew, hinting that he had not been kind to the child. In truth, he had not touched a hair on her head, but Poem did not need to know that. “Would you take her place? A life for a life, that is my price. Are you sure, still, that it is not too high?” he eyed her with genuine curiosity, wondering what she would do. Set with such an ultimatum. She had made it clear the girl was important to her, but would she risk this much for her? Sirius knew that if it came to a fight, he could take this child - spunk or no, and she would be a fool to think otherwise.

"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

09-25-2019, 09:26 AM
Brows furrowed at his words Poem felt resentment for the man in front of her build. She already hated that smile, his long sabers protruding from dark lips. She found comfort in the grins of her family, but she couldn’t see anything but hostility from his. Hearing his words only furthered her resolve. Poem had always been the stronger and more mature child, she had to protect her more vulnerable sister. The girl took the task on willingly and gladly, nothing was too big when it came to keeping her sister, her Motif, safe.

She was going to treat him like she treated Noir, she couldn’t give him any ammo against her. She had to show she believed she was strong, even if there was little to no chance of her victory. She took a deep breath, hesitating as she scrambled to think. How did she get out of this situation with herself and Motif returned to Abaven. She had to stay calm, what would Shaye do in a situation like this one? Poem took a deep breath, hoping to steady herself and her voice before her reply. She looked into Sirius’s eyes and held his gaze.

”I am not suffering like my sister.” She started, her voice and gaze steady as she lifted her head. She couldn’t show any weakness. She had to be strong like her mom and dad. ”I know that I’m a much better candidate for.. training.” She almost spat the word. ”I won’t be going quietly if you think your deal is going to save you any time.” She set herself up, and now it was time for the final word. This was all she could do to keep in control. ”Let's make a deal. I fight for my freedom and that of my sister. Both of us go if I win, and if I don’t.. I will go as your willing servant in exchange for her release.” She paused, her gaze shifting to the vulture only slightly. She hadn’t caught sight of the leopard. ”And your bird sits out.”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-25-2019, 04:45 PM

Sirius had to laugh, a surprised, genuine sound at the girls words. “You can’t negotiate for shit, can you?” he said. Eyeing her sternly, like an adult rebuking a child - which was pretty close to the truth. “I have the girl - and if I so desired, I could have you too. Sure, you would likely fight me and be a hassle, but you would hardly be the first rebellious slave i’ve knocked around” he informed her. She asked for a lot, did she truly expect him to give it to her? Just because the first offer he had put on the table was one that was exceptionally fair compared to his normal dealings, didn’t mean he would be a pushover.

“You’ve got spunk girl, i’ll give you that” She reminded him if only faintly of Zee, perhaps that was why he didn’t just knock her over now and show her just how little she could bring to the bargaining table. “How about lets start nice and simple - first, you fight me for your freedom, after you lose, we can negotiate a little more clearly” he said, parting his fangs into a cruel smile.

That was all the warning she would get, as he moved forward so did his leopard, and Marshal lifted from his back with a chilling, cruel cry. The bird moved to distract the girl, as Sirius went in for her neck. If he could get a good grip, he could cut off her windpipe and end this negotiation quickly once she was incapacitated.

Sirius vs Poem for Force Claim
Round one of ?
Size: Dire Wolf
Build: Medium
Companion One: Extra large companion, Battle Vulture (plus 10%)
Companion Two: Snow Leopard (plus 10%)
Battle Accessory (Offensive): Bracers
Battle Accessory (Defensive): Bracers
Mutation: Fangs
Fight Skill Level: Master
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

09-25-2019, 05:59 PM
She was reminded of Epitaph’s stories as he laughed and chastised her. He only made the girl more determined. She had to win this fight, she just had to. He wasn't about to take the bait either, but Poem couldn’t allow her failure there to get her down. He was so assured of his victory. The young Destruction wasn’t about to balk now. She was Rhyme and Shaye’s daughter, she had heart and she trained hard all her short life. She had to have a chance.

”You’re just afraid you’ll lose.” She sneered with more confidence than she felt and then the girl lost control of everything.

He gave her little warning, but Poem was ready for his assault. She Moved as he did, trying to keep the distance between them or at least get behind him. She had to stay away from his fangs. The vulture flew at her, and instead of helping Sirius it caused Poem to move away from his eager attack. He brushed her scruff as she aimed to rush down his side. She’d aim a good bite on his haunches as she just aimed to stay out of his way.

Poem Destruction vs Sirius for her freedom
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Fight Skill Level: Advanced

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-25-2019, 06:06 PM

His teeth missed their mark, and Marshal banked in the air to come down for another swoop. Bast arrived at that point, but didn’t engage, the Leopard was still learning, and she occasionally was more of a hindrance than a help. She watched the two seasoned fighters attack the girl and waited her chance.

“I don’t lose.” Sirius told her, cocky and bold as he attempted to give her a side scrap from the knife hidden in the sheath in his fore-paw as his momentum moved him past her. Her nip on his hunches fell, but he only grinned as he ripped away from her at the loss of some skin. He was already aiming for her windpipe again, he would settle for nothing but total control, bastard that he was.

Sirius vs Poem for Force Claim
Round Two of Two
Size: Dire Wolf
Companion One: Extra large companion, Battle Vulture (plus 10%)
Companion Two: Snow Leopard (plus 10%)
Battle Accessory (Offensive): Bracers
Battle Accessory (Defensive): Bracers
Mutation: Fangs
Fight Skill Level: Master
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

09-25-2019, 06:29 PM
She felt the sting of his blade on her leg as he parted the flesh above her knee. There was a sharp pain, but the cut was shallow. Poem tried to ignore the buffeting of the vulture while remaining near Sirius’s haunches, the bite of her teeth was nowhere near as satisfying as she wanted it to be. Despite her bravery she knew then that this was a losing battle. Still, the girl would give her best attempt. She clung to her bravery, and her need to rescue Motif. Already knowing that if she even beat him this first time, the second would be lost. He went for her throat again but Poem scrambled after his haunches as he curled in on himself. She was careful to avoid the knife a second time. The girl was desperate as the battle wore on and using his own technique against him Poem made a grab for her assailant’s throat. If she didn’t find her purchase she opened herself up for him to overcome her. If she managed to take hold though, the risk was worth it because her loss was imminent.

Poem Destruction vs Sirius for her freedom
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Fight Skill Level: Advanced

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-03-2019, 10:00 AM

And the winner is...

SIRIUS
POEM must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

POEM now belongs to ASHEN.

Totals:

Sirius: 313.13
Poem:  144.84

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-03-2019, 09:19 PM

She went for his throat with the determination of a wolf out for blood. He felt her fangs scrape him there, and felt the soft warmth of blood lift free, she had missed his jugular, her loss. He grinned at her, parting silver fangs, before he drove a hard kick to the underside of one knee and shoved her off balance before she could go for a better grip on his neck. He had a feeling her love-tap would stay with him for a while. A memento of his time meeting her, not that he needed one. She belonged to him now.

As she toppled off balance, he went for her scruff, gripping her tightly there as he pushed down on her crumpled form with the knee of his fore-paw, driving her into the dirt, pulling her head back to expose her throat to the world. He had one, and he would ensure there was no doubt of that. He released his grip on the back of her neck, kissed her exposed throat, and then released her, taking a step back. The dark man watched her for a moment in silence, reveling in his victory. “Now I speak again of a bargain, are you ready to listen?” He said, and she might realize it for her only silver lining. She and her sister both belonged to him, that he was willing to bargain at all was a miracle.

The chilling cry of his vulture struck the air, and the soft hiss of the leopard as she came closer to the girl, coming up behind her, quiet but for the soft whisper of air between her lips.

"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

10-04-2019, 07:37 AM
The feeling of her fangs on flesh brought a renewed sense of victory, if she managed this hold she would be the victor. The satisfying taste of blood excited her, but with one misstep it was all over. She cried out as he threw out her leg and her body was sent to the ground. The weight of the world closed in on her as Poem felt his teet on her scruff. The feeling of those long fangs on her shoulder blades made her shutter as he pulled back her head and exposed the soft flesh of her throat.

Poem panted heavily, her chest heaving as the adrenaline raced through her veins. As it diminished all she could feel was a hopelessness take over. He pressed her into the dirt and made sure that she knew she lost. She blinked back tears as he insulted her before releasing his hold.

He allowed her to stew in her loss for a long moment, and she found it hard to bring her gaze above the sand. She’d lost. Her father’s confidence in her ability was unfounded, her mother’s hope that her daughters would be returned dashed. What would she tell Motif?

”Name it.” She spoke, the confidence in her tone diminished but her determination was not. There was little choice now, she could only hope that he would keep true and Motif would be released.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-04-2019, 02:24 PM

He looked to the girl, frustrated and disheartened, but still with strength in her voice. Such contrast, such a difference, between Poem and the quiet girl he had brought home with him that day. Yes, he wanted Poem, not her weak-willed sister, and he wanted her commitment. He wanted her to use her drive for him, not against him. He knew exactly what she wanted, he had the perfect hand to force her agreement. She was a wolf of honor - he had his own honor, but he suspected the code would look very different side by side with hers.

“I could keep you for life, teach you no skills, with no chance to better yourself, or beat me. Your sister will continue to be a play thing for the children here, and you can watch, helpless to help her..” let her remember why she was agreeing. “Or, you can agree to be not my slave, but my pupil, my student, and to give me your loyalty for a year and a day. If you do this, I will fetch your sister now, and free her today.” he said. Truly, it was a good deal for everyone involved. Poem would not be a slave, and what she could learn would grow her into a strength this world would fear, and her sister would have her freedom.

"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

10-06-2019, 07:33 PM
She hated the way he looked at her, hated how he handled her after taking his victory, hated that she lost and was subjected to his evil stare. Poem tried to claim as much dignity as was possible as he rubbed salt in her wound. He could give her the worst possible outcome, her and Motif both contained in his grasp for life. Or.. He also gave her a way out. Poem didn’t really have much choice when it came to the options presented to her. She didn’t want to be a slave, and she certainly didn’t want her poor sister tormented by this monster any longer.

”I don’t have a choice.” She whispered as she tried to hold his gaze, but found herself having trouble. ”I would never be a willing slave.” Poem muttered as she struggled, blue and lavender eyes remained on his cruel blue ones. ”I would honor a commitment to learning.” She concluded, her eyes finally falling to her icy white paws. She was defeated, and for one year and one day, she would be forced to answer to the beast who took her freedom. ”You will.. allow me to see her?” She asked softly, unwilling to trust him on his word. She needed to see her sister as well. Her heart required it, and she needed to have Motif keep their father off her back. She knew Rhyme would kill himself trying to get her back if she didn’t ask him not to.