gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Heloise
09-26-2019, 10:45 AM

it had been, what, a few days since her acceptance into Abaven. Huntington learned she had been gifted the rank of Baldrian - a higher ranked healing position than she expected to gain. no matter. it would work to her best interest anyway. t'was an interesting name for a position nonetheless. Baldrian, otherwise known as valerian, was plant of some concern. it was primarily used as a sleep aide - something she would rarely get if she was the only healer in the pack - and so she saw the irony in this.

she sat now, noon had cometh and the sky was darkening. by the water, the girl that Abaven knew as 'Rose' was busy cleaning the proverbial dust from her travel. her head was bent, a small pink tongue lapping at her chest. she had little time to rest and groom herself when she had fled, and now she was quite eager to lick free the soot and ash from her journey. no one had actively sought out the healer aside from times she had made for them too. if she was to keep a level activity in the pack, she would need to establish some 'bonds'. however dull that seemed.

with her pale eyes focused on cleaning, she did not notice if another approached her until they were within vicinity. Huntington allowed herself to be lulled into a state of security, the many wolves around her on the island would surely raise alarm if something was truly wrong.

"SPEECH"

Void

Loner

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Vail

Valentines 2020Treat 2019Christmas 2019
09-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Void sat and watched her from the dead vegetation for a long time. Normally the boy slept during daylight hours, he couldn’t see the stars in the day. The young Destruction couldn’t see the stars at night either but that was beside the point. He’d ventured from the temporary den so that he might get a drink of water and relieve himself before sleeping some more. However he was easily distracted by the strange woman.

Vibrant blue and lavender gaze lay upon her as the patient pup decided what he should do. Go and confront the stranger? Skirt around her and just quietly take his drink? Eventually he’d decide to approach. He looked towards the water, and as he started walking towards it couldn’t help but eye the woman as he went past. Would she talk to him? Would she try and eat him? The possibilities were untold.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-28-2019, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2019, 07:46 PM by Theory.)
Shaye had let her know that a new healer had been added to their ranks. Theory was eternally grateful for the kindness of this stranger - the pack was in desperate need of assistance. She didn't dwell too long on Vail's passing and Epitaph's disappearance; although she missed them both, life seemed to march onward without pause for the dead. The pack still needed a healer. Ghosts and phantoms weren't enough to keep things running smoothly.

Theo sought her out to thank her personally. As she caught sight of the stranger, she stumbled upon the quiet Void watching the new wolf with some concern. She tried not to chuckle. He was an odd one, but she was fond of all Eulogy's children. They were her cousins, after all. Theory nudged Void gently. "Come say hello with me?" she invited, giving him an encouraging smile.

The young alpha padded up to Huntington and gave her a brisk nod. "Hello," she said, sitting before her and eyeing her with interest. "I'm Theory, Shaye's alpha partner. I wanted to introduce myself and thank you for coming to our aid. These are difficult times for all living creatures." Although the pack wolves were suffering, so were the other creatures that lived in the shadow of the volcano. She wasn't quick to forget the pains of others. Alouette was still recovering from the ash and smoke. Theo keenly felt her raven's pain just as she felt for her family and friends.

1/3 met Huntington

Huntington

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Heloise
09-28-2019, 03:39 PM

she had been calmly aware of the scent of approaching wolves. one that trailed behind the other perhaps, was one she had known about the most. t'was hard not to spot the little movements of the child in the brush. his dark ashen coat stuck out like a sore thumb. lowering her right limb after she cleaned below it to touch the ground, yellow gaze would look up to see another yearling with the child. the other approached unashamed, bold and confident of her position. quick was the introduction though she rather liked it was to the point.

"Rose" she gave the one she had given Shaye and Poem previously. the one she had given more wolves than the ones she gave her true one. Huntington had her own reasons for not giving her correct dubbing. one of them was that she felt any information could be used against her. and the most common reasoning was, well, it really was not their business why. finishing grooming herself with a few quick laps to the chest to smooth her fur, she sat up straight and eyed the pair neutrally.

any opportunity to expand her knowledge was a decent one to stick about. "I was given the rank of Baldrian by Shaye" no doubt Theory was aware of this, yet she repeated it for a reason "though I am not quite sure what this means or what is expected with the title" was she allowed to do more than heal wolves, for instance? train others that had potential talent? Huntington would not enjoy sticking her nose where it did not belong without some caution. her head gave a subtle tilt "you were without a healer for long?"

considering the thanks she had received, she guessed so. difficulties for all living creatures aside, the stock was woefully not up to her ideal of code. it lacked many common items she used. but there would be time to rope someone into helping her later. a hidden smile appeared on her features. hidden only in the fact it was quite fake and only for the benefit of this conversation. "I am quite pleased to be of assistance. do let me know if you need to be checked too; the burdens of leadership oft do not allow for time off." she forced a light chuckle.

"1/3 met theory
1/3 met void"

Void

Loner

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Vail

09-28-2019, 05:09 PM
The child tilted his head and looked up to Theory slowly as she appeared beside him and offered a quick nudge and invitation forward. The young boy remained silent, watching her for a moment as she turned from him and closed the distance between herself and the other she wolf. Void stood up and toddled forward, bright blue and lavender eyes curious and ears perked forward as he took in their conversation.

He looked from the stranger, Rose, and back to his cousin. ”Theo, what rank am I?” Void’s voice was a soft whisper as he found his gaze returning to the girl at the water. Without waiting for an answer he made his way closer to the spring. He really wanted his drink, but with all the excitement he wasn’t sure if he would return to sleep.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

09-28-2019, 08:00 PM
"Baldrian, well," Theory said, her brow furrowed her a moment. She was a bit surprised that Shaye chose to elevate a stranger to such a high rank, but she trusted her judgment. With Rhyme not operating at full capacity as he aided Poem in her search for Motif, Epitaph missing, and Vail's recent passing... perhaps the rash decision would benefit the pack the most. "In addition to tending to the pack's general well-being, it would be your responsibility to hold group training sessions several times a season, although in times of strife like this, we understand the difficulties that might pose." Right? Theory was fairly sure she'd summed the duties up correctly. It wasn't so long again that she'd learned this all for the first time.

There was something a bit off-putting about Rose, but she wasn't quite sure what it was; perhaps a sort of hollow look behind her eyes? It was unsettling. She tended to believe the best in everyone and tried to put her reservations aside. The eruption had everyone on edge.

"Yes. Our primary healer, and my father, has some important matters to tend to. Our others have either recently passed or have gone missing since the eruption." Her own voice now was flat and affectless. She didn't like talking about these things, especially in front of the children. "I don't need any assistance, thank you." Theo's throat was admittedly sore, but she'd sooner wait for Rhyme to pop around than have a stranger peer down her gullet.

Theory smiled at Void when he asked his question. "You don't have to worry about that! Your job is focus on growing big and strong." She gave his cheek an affectionate lick. Eulogy's children were all sweet in their own way.

Huntington

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Heloise
09-28-2019, 08:14 PM

"oh?" if anything, she was a perceptive girl. the young alpha proclaimed she did not need assistance, but Huntington could tell she was unsettled by her presence. whether this would be a boon or not was something to ponder, however. perhaps Theory did not wish for her to stick her head down her throat. though whether it would fit... it would be interesting to see if it did. though she was getting ahead of herself.  "very well. I do hope you come to trust me in time to look after you, Alpha." a thin smile appeared on her features, though no light seemed to reach her eyes.

the boy wished to ask what rank he had been given. Theory gave him a foolish reply, as if that would sate his appetite. Huntington could not agree with passing his words over so easily; he deserved to know all he could if he was to be successful. then again, she did not know how well she would be received if one of the alphas refused to allow her to treat her. so she could not exactly come to know what these Abaven folk believed in or did for reasons. "I shall hold training for those interested, however." her eyes returned to the alpha girl's face, a subtle nod of her head given.

"are there any children that seek a healer's route?" 'Rose' asked the other yearling.

"2/3 met theory
2/3 met void"

Void

Loner

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Vail

09-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Void mostly kept his eyes on the stranger, mostly because he was studying her. She wasn’t family and she was very new which meant the boy had much to learn about her. However small that information might be when it came to the scheme of the universe. He sighed softly as they spoke and looked up to Theo as she offered him a non answer. Not that he minded, he wasn’t expected to hold any kind of responsibilities yet. There was no rank for him.

The boy scowled a little and his gaze shifted to his feet as he thought about how he could better focus on growing big and strong. He wouldn’t be able to skip any more meals in favor of sleeping so he might stay up in the night and watch the stars. Or go to the cave like he had been doing with Spirit. The girl Rose asked if any pups were interested in healing, and Void certainly wasn’t one of those. He kind of liked plants, but preferred to keep his attention on the heavens above.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

10-01-2019, 10:50 AM
"I'm not sure, but I'll encourage as many interested children as possible to attend." Her eyes followed Void as she spoke. The little boy wasn't interested in much besides the stars, and she couldn't blame him. The heavens were vast and beautiful - more wolves should spend some time looking upwards rather than tethered so tightly to the ground. "I suspect a wolf as interested in the stars as Void here might grow up to be an excellent navigator. He'll know exactly where to guide us when the time is right," she murmured. A pup's unique talents were meant to be encouraged, right? Theory only had fond memories of sparring with Rhyme and Shaye. Diplomat training had consumed her interests until she had been offered the position of heir and then alpha. All of her studying had served her well.

"Trust you, yes," Theo said stiffly. Rose's smile didn't quite reach her eyes. Did she know how off-putting that was? Perhaps it was in Theory's own best interest to take up the healing arts. Rhyme could show her a thing or two. It might better serve the pack in the end, especially if they had a baldrian like Rose hanging around. "I'll certainly be attending your training. There is so much to learn."

Huntington

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Heloise
10-01-2019, 11:02 AM

t'was always interesting when she encountered those that did not welcome her. Shaye had promised seemingly the world itself, yet here was the other leader being near unkind. Huntington's smile grew, though it was more like a smirk. as if asking the other yearling to call her out for... what exactly? she had come here to assist the wolves of Abaven. she came here to expand her own knowledge. she did not need friends or allies. it did not bother her that Theory did not trust her. though it was one of the reasons she had chosen to retreat to her swamp; who needed the drama?

'Rose's face was blank as the yearling explained about navigation. she did not really ask nor care about the boy's skillsets beyond her own, and she gave Void a look-over briefly. it was not her expertise and so she could not teach him. "indeed" the girl stated "and much more to do, so if you will excuse me... I must gather more herbs, Alpha." she rose after her little cleaning, twisting her body to walk away from the group. she was still not used to large groups of wolves, even one with two or three. besides, if she was to hold training she had to think about what she was going to teach.

it had been too long since she had anyone to teach. her guardian before now was only interested in fighting, yet he was woefully absent as of right now. "farewell, Void. Theory." she added, giving each one a nod as she passed before leaving.

/ EXIT

"3/3 met theory
3/3 met void"