Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
10-31-2019, 05:42 PM

Freezing temperatures still hugged the ground despite how close spring was. Valdís feared it was going to be a cold and potentially violent spring. She also feared what she would find when they tried to get back to Legion's original home land. Would her den still be in good shape? Sighing she bent her head, delicately picking up the corners of a patch of deer skin and trotting with her companions deeper into the basin. She'd finished the bear claw necklace for Ásvor and now she was considering making something for herself. She wasn't quite sure yet but she'd found the body of a deceased lynx, a victim to the volcano's eruption. She hoped to make something with that and a few beads she'd managed to find. Settling down into the basin she found a nice dry spot and laid her bundle down.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
10-31-2019, 06:19 PM
All that Asvor cared about was that she and Valdis, and the rest of Legion, were safe and sound after the volcanic eruption. The loss of their homelands didn't matter to her quite as much, though she knew it would affect her mate much more than it ever would herself - the small herb store she'd built up had been meager at best, her plants wilted and weathered, and it wouldn't be until spring until she properly replenished it. Moving locations wasn't much of a problem for her and she was glad to be further away from the threat of the volcano, the effects of which were still lingering to this day.

She couldn't help but wonder what far-reaching effects it might have, for not only months but years into the future, as she descended into the basin. But her thoughts shifted quickly when the scent of Valdis touched her nose, and then her figure appeared in the distance not long after. A rare, genuine smile - one that she seemed to elicit so easily - touched her lips as she drew closer, observing the body that lay near her lover's paws as she approached. "Looks like you're up to no good," Asvor quipped lightly as she moved to sit alongside her, eyeing the items she'd brought.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
10-31-2019, 06:29 PM

Valdís opened her bundle and examined the contents. She had some dried sinew to use as thread. Her raven, Embla, hopped closer, eager to get started. Before she could however she lifted her head at the sound of approaching pawsteps to see her lover. Valdís grinned slyly. "How do you always know? I was thought I'd use my down time to do some crafting. Want to join me? I have something for you!" She'd been waiting for an opportunity to give the gift she'd made to her girlfriend but the moment never seemed quite right. Valdís finally decided to stop waiting for some perfect moment and just make the moment now.

Twisting her head she pulled open another deer hide to reveal a necklace with five bear claws decorating it, spaced between shell beads. "I made this for you."

"Talk" "You" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

11-10-2019, 11:39 AM

That same smile lingered for a long while, looking as though it might never fade. But it finally did as she settled in next to her, her attention shifting to the bundle and its contents. Valdis had always been much craftier than her and she wondered if it wouldn't do her good to spend some time learning what she knew, or at the very least sitting and observing. "Of course," she answered with ease. Briefly her mind went back to a conversation they'd had a few seasons back, about her faith and Valdis wanting to encourage her to practice it and share it more often. It was hard to shake the feeling that such a thing was fruitless without her siblings around, but she fought back those thoughts and decided against sharing them. Focusing on Legion, on Valdis's interest as well as her own seemed as profitable as any other pursuits right now. She couldn't spend the rest of her life waiting for a sign, after all - this was her home, and her life, and she was beginning to realize she was quite content with that.

It was easy to remember just how content she was with it all when Valdis admitted she had a gift for her, watching as she opened the deer hide to reveal a necklace. Grinning wider now, she leaned forward and pulled the necklace forward with a paw. She'd never really been one for trinkets but it seemed that, too, was changing with time - the gift was thoughtful and she couldn't imagine not wearing it now. Carefully she lifted it up and nosed beneath it, glad that it fell easily over her head, and with the help of a few movements, right around her neck. "Thank you," Asvor breathed softly, leaning to place a gentle lick on Valdis's cheek. "It's perfect."

She couldn't help but wonder exactly how she'd made it. Twisting back to look at the items she'd laid out, as well as at the body of the lynx. "What are you making now?" Asvor asked curiously, wondering if she had plans yet. "You should teach me to make something," she suggested playfully. "So that maybe I can make you a gift this nice someday."

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

11-14-2019, 10:26 PM
Valdís grinned as her girlfriend gently licked her cheek. She felt terribly pleased with herself for putting together a good gift. She enjoyed making Ásvor happy. Turning her focus back to the necklace she laid out the beads and claws in the order she wanted them before delicately picking one up in her jaws. Embla hopped forward and used her beak to thread the sinew through the bead. Valdís set the piece down and looked up. "I'm making a necklace for myself as well." She picked up a claw and set it down in front of Embla who began to wrap the sinew around it. The bird had found a way to drill holed into the bone with a small metal piece but it was time consuming and she wanted to see how wrapping would work. Once the claw was securely wrapped the raven added a little drop of resin and set it to dry.

"Sure! I'd love to show you though to be honest I wouldn't be able to do any of this without Embla. Her dexterous beak and talons make this possible. I have some spare sinew and a few odds and ends if you'd like to make something now?"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

01-07-2020, 08:43 PM
How curious. Asvor was beyond pleased with her gift, truly impressed at Valdis's skill, even if Embla had a rather large part to play in all of this. Asvor had never been the crafting type, but she could still  appreciate the hard work and creative that went into what she was doing. "I like it," she murmured thoughtfully, watching the way the raven used her beak to twist the sinew around the claws. It was an interesting bond they had, not completely unlike the one she shared with Jormungandr, though their skill sets were clearly vastly different.

Her expression lightened again at the invitation. "Alright. Maybe I'll try a practice necklace. In preparation for your real one," Asvor explained with a chuckle. Perhaps she'd have to find a way to borrow Embla for an afternoon once she had a good idea for what to make her, exactly; she didn't consider herself terribly creative in that regard, so she'd have to think on it for awhile. "Think you can spare a claw?" Asvor gestured toward one of the claws that it didn't look like Valdis was using, snatching a piece of sinew of her own and pulling it toward her.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

01-12-2020, 12:52 PM
Valdís wagged her tail, pleased that Ásvor liked her gift and that she wanted to return the favor. "Thank you, I can't wait to see it." She was curious to see what her girlfriend would design but ultimately the fact that her lover was making something for her was more important than the final result.

"Certainly." Valdís picked up one of the claws and set it down next to Ásvor.

"Ásvor, I did want to let you know that I'm planning on asking Chaos for the rank of Mantle. I think I've really grown as a warrior and I can be of more use to the pack in that rank. At least… I hope so. I plan to give it a try for a few seasons and see if it suits me." Valdís didn't want to keep secrets from Ásvor. Her plans would likely affect her time and her role within the pack but she certainly hoped it wouldn't affect their relationship in a negative way.

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

01-25-2020, 10:47 AM
She eyed Embla, and the raven seemed to recognize her need for help before she even had to ask, hopping toward her and helping her thread the sinew through a hole in the claw without much of a struggling. Asvor paused to study what she'd made so far. It was merely practice so she wouldn't be overly critical, though already she was trying to concoct a fitting gift for Valdis in her mind that might somehow compare to what she'd made her.

"You should," Asvor encouraged her easily, not surprised at Valdis's words. She'd always been far more driven than Asvor ever was and she was impressed with her girlfriend's drive. "He'd been foolish to deny you. You're suited for it," he tone was matter-of-fact, occasionally lifting to reach her own before falling back to her project. Even if it meant less time spent together she more than supposed her ambitions. They'd spent long enough apart over the years that she doubted she'd deny Valdis much of anything, if it meant staying in Legion and with her, and the little life they'd created together.