size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-01-2019, 03:03 AM

The time for getting to know this place had ended. Though they weren't in their permanent home, Iolaire already saw her job as having begun. By the flickering light of the moon, the small lass had laid out the contents of the healing side of her satchel. The killing side lay safely tucked away still. In her mind, she went over the items, listing what each did and attempting to tally up just how much she would need for the following year. Really, it all depended on how many wolves Sirius would have under his control, but she had already decided that she would be a busy girl.

Laying upon her stomach at the edge of the water, Iolaire hummed a soft, trailing tune. Her mother had been the singer. She couldn't sing to save her life, but dammit, she could hum. Having assessed her wares, she gently and methodically tucked them back within the leather pack. Each piece had its place. In time, she would have her own place and would begin to cultivate her garden. Hopefully the land was fertile and easily pliable.

Having finished her assessment, Io took the time to simply rest. It was the time of night where most other would would be asleep. Should be asleep. She'd always had a bit of a different internal clock, however, staying awake well into the night. Suffice to say, mornings weren't her friend.

Speech
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-01-2019, 03:31 AM
It was deep in the night, Zee was back in the main body of the Empire, spending time with Deathbelle. He told her their friend needed companionship, but the truth was he was weary of the dangers he posed to her in what should have been the safety of their home. It left him alone in their den, and restless over the night.

He left the den, stepping out into the cool air, and feeling a lonely night breeze ruffle his coat. He sighed, and anticipated a jog to wear himself out, a border patrol, anything to keep his mind busy. Instead, he would find the fresh scent of little Io

He made his way towards the Oasis, and would find her there, lying beside the water, the fresh scent of herbs around her. “Little Io?’ he asked, surprised to find her awake and out and about

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-01-2019, 03:58 AM

She had been lost in thought and had barely registered the approaching figure. It was only when his voice called out to her that she focused on the present again. Blinking away her thoughts, the woman craned her neck to the side. He'd called out to her with his pet name and so she used hers in turn. Hey, Big Guy. Extending one slender foreleg, Iolaire tapped the spot of turf beside her, offering him the chance to pull up a spot if he was in the mind to chat.

A little late to be up carousing, eh? Perhaps he was having trouble sleeping. He'd send his lady away, she knew. Away to be with Deathbelle for a time. It was fine by Io. While she liked Zeitgeist, this gave her more time to set up a game plan. Lay out everything that she had to do to prepare herself for the future to come.

Speech
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
11-01-2019, 04:30 AM

He approached the tiny wolf, and she gave a spot beside her a pat. Taking the hint, the titan moved forward, and collapsed onto his belly beside her. Landing so hard a small cloud of dust kicked up in his wake. Ignoring it, and likely failing to hide his grin, he turned to look at his Vipress. She greeted him with the same familiarity he had used on her. They had not known each other long, but somehow it felt like they knew each other well. A part of him wished she was the little sister he had always longed to have. A wolf outside of his charge, Deathbelle, to confide in. someone he could have told his troubles to as he slowly fell in love with the Princess, and fought to keep her at arms bay, because he, a slave, could never fit the role of anything more.

“Couldn’t Sleep” he admitted, but said nothing more of his troubles, or his accidental attempt on his Wife’s life. Instead, he let out a frustrated sigh, and turned the conversation back to the little wolf. “What about you, why are you out here?” he wondered outloud.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-01-2019, 05:08 AM

Sirius threw himself down haphazardly beside her, much to her pleasure. The woman gave a pleased thump of her thick tail before tucking it up against her hip. He confessed that he hadn't been able to sleep and she tilted her head slightly. The remark seemed slightly cryptic as if he was hiding some details, but she wouldn't pry. If he wished to tell her, he would. Instead she offered what she could. I can give you something to ease your mind and help you sleep if you'd like.
He asked after her own nighttime doings and the fae released a soft chuckle. Night time is my time. She'd always been much more comfortable at night. The daytime was too bright. There were too many people. It was too hot. I was taking stock of my stores. Making a mental list of the things that I need to collect. There are so many new plants in this land. Plants that I have to learn. She cast a sidelong glance at the giant. I was considering seeking out other herbalists. Comparing notes. Learning what I can to get a head start for our new home. Yep. Our new home. Her mind had already committed the place as hers.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-01-2019, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 02:33 PM by Sirius.)

He flinched visible at the offer of sleep aids, as through the offer horrified him in some way. “That would make it so much worse, it’s already hard enough-” he paused, looking at his Little Vipress. Very few wolves knew about his weakness, in fact at this moment only two. Still, as much as it was his habit to hide anything that could be used against him, the Titan knew instincively that he could trust Io. There was something about her, something different. He didn’t feel ice in his veins at the mere idea of her knowing.

“I’m plagued by night terrors. Sleeping aids would only make it harder for me to claw my way free, and the harder I must fight, the worse the fallout when I finally break free.” he admitted with a frustrated growl, pushing himself harder against the earth as he wiggled for a moment and tried to get comfortable. It seemed it was more the words then the earth that bothered him.

“Your not the only one in the Empire who prefers the night, you can have it, if it pleases you, and I will know when to find you. As for herbs, I believe I know an expert herbalist one of Deathbelles men was going to enlist” - until the man himself vanished. Sirius believe Hannibal to be dead, taken by the volcano. “I will find her, and get her to teach you” He said. He liked the way her lips formed the word ‘our’ to hear her profess a possessiveness for the pack was pleasing.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-01-2019, 04:03 PM

She could see just how uncomfortable the idea of sleep made him. Iolaire's brow furrowed in concern. No, this wouldn't do at all. Tell me everything. Anything that you might think is important. Hold nothing back. Iolaire was greatly interested in these night terrors. Her father had been plagued by something similar. If she could help Sirius, she would. If she didn't have the information or the skill, she would learn.

His unease was obvious by both his reactions and his movements. She could understand. It wasn't easy to admit a fault. Especially one that couldn't be controlled. It was that lack of control that bothered him most, she guessed. It made the most sense to her, at least. On the occasions where she had bad dreams, they were always hard to shake. Sometimes they stayed with her long after, clinging to the dredges of her mind.

Sirius suggested that he call an herbalist. Someone that Deathbelle had ties with. Iolaire nodded. It will be a start. I'll have to pick the minds of others though. The only way to learn everything is to ask everyone, you know. She smiled softly, trying to lighten the mood a bit. Io found that she didn't like seeing Sirius upset. It bothered her in a way that it really shouldn't.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-01-2019, 04:38 PM

She wanted to learn everything about his affliction, and he sighed, mind wandering through the paths of chaos his terrors had inflicted. How to begin? Luce hadn’t managed to heal him, and her suggestion of group therapy had frightened him away from seeking her help again. He would not tell his woes to a group of wolves, and in turn listen to their weaknesses. He was a Warlord, and once he had been a slave. Many in Klein Empire resented his quick rise, and would hurt him if they found a way.

He assumed that first and foremost, his Vipress would need to know that it was ptsd. “The Risen Empire did not originate from these lands. It came from another place, a great distance away. It was ravaged by heat, the wells dried up, and the beasts of prey grew scarce. Famine struck, and the lower peasantry, those that could not afford the scarce scraps available, tore the palace apart. They killed everyone in their path, and the Klein royalty fled. Deathbelle, a Princess then, and my charge, was hunted by a particularly ruthless band. I fought them to the man, and she was able to flee, but not before I took a grievance wound. She believed me dead, and was forced to leave me behind. I spent weeks in a state of partial-consciousness, wracked with fever. I do not know how I lived. I do not know if it was residue of that fever that attacks my mind, or the memory of my almost death, of Deathbelle’s almost death.” it was a lot of words jumbled together, and he stopped his speech with a sigh, shaking his head, and resting it on Io’s paw, looking up into her golden gaze.

There it was, a deep part of his history, and not even the whole of his childhood trauma. He almost laughed, but shook it away. He had unburdened a great deal onto his little Vipress, but in terms of the night terrors, he had more to say. “The first time Zee slept beside me, the night terrors intensified, i felt her touch as an attack in my past, and skewered her throat with my fangs. You might see the thin lines of her scars across her neck, and now you know that it was I who gave it to her.” anger leaked into his words, his eyes darkened, his lip pulled back ever so subtly. It was clear if any other had done that to his Zee, he would have killed them where they stood. But how could he deal with it when he himself was the perpetrator?

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-01-2019, 04:56 PM

Iolaire listened with rapt attention as Sirius spoke of his past. He spoke of what had happened to him. It was unfortunate that it had happened, but she knew that it wouldn't break him. She knew. She wouldn't let it. Already a plan was forming in her mind. Steps that they could take. Healing wasn't all about plants and tonics. She would do what she could for him until he was better or she was dead.

Sirius placed his weighty head upon her tiny paw and Iolaire was both shocked and pleased by the action. In a comforting, almost sisterly way, she leaned her small frame into him and placed her tiny skull atop his own. It was such a natural feeling that she almost wrinkled her nose and scoffed, but she held it back.

He told her of his attack upon Zee and Iolaire pressed her form hard again him in a sort of embrace. It pained him that he had injured the woman that he loved and she understood. Io's voice was soft when she spoke since she was practically wrapped around his head. We'll figure it out. Okay, Big Guy? I'll do everything within my power to get you through this. Promise. Again, that strange, nostalgic pang struck her in the chest. The woman pulled her ears back, tucking them against her skull. It was like she missed this. Whatever this was. There was no sexual attraction in the slightest. The feelings that she had for the giant man were purely... familial? Was that what it was? She had the urge to tell him of her own past, but shut the urge down. This moment was about him and the pain that he was feeling. There would be time later to share if she felt like it.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Io leaned into his touch, pressing her skull against his, instead of shying away from his admission of pain he had unleashed upon Zee. He was a hulking, towering Titan, and few could match his stature, and he had never encountered any who could beat it. He was a Warlord, with a past of killing in the name of the Klein royalty, bred for war with unnatural, saber fangs and feline claws. It was very rare for him to lose a fight, and no one who had sparred with him as a child had won since the days he had grown. He was a killing machine who confessed to losing control, and the tinsy tiny healer showed no fear.

“I do not know what you can do, but I thank you. Zee wished for me to seek help with the Klein healer, but I must confess I prefer to seek it with you.” so long as she didn’t start to voice any such cures beginning with ‘group therapy’ that was.

“I trust you Io, it’s almost like we’ve met before, but I would remember” he turned his head, attempting to get a look at her, but she was too tangled up beside him. He frowned, and tried to picture her at the scene of the cave where he had inexplicably recovered. A part of him always knew a healer must have been there, but they had never showed themselves as they saved his life. Or his past, he could remember nothing prior to six or seven months of age, and the faces of his dead parents were lost to him. Surely if she had been born in the Ashen Empire, she would have told him. “Who are you, Io, where did you come from?”

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-01-2019, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 05:43 PM by Iolaire.)

He didn't pull away when she pressed her small form against him. That was good. Honestly, she would have been hurt if he had. Sirius eagerly accepted the help that she offered and told her of the efforts of the Klein's healer. He then confessed that he'd rather seek help from her. Pride swelled in Iolaire and she grinned, though he wouldn't see it. I'd rather be the one to help you. I feel personally invested in your well being. And the well being of Zee. I want nothing but the best for both of you. She meant that to her core.

Sirius went on to tell her that she had his trust. Warmth surged through the dark dame and her grin grew. You have my trust as well. And, oddly enough, I too have this strange, almost nostalgic feeling when it comes to you. Admissions of feelings were a double edged sword. He could use her words against her in the future if he so chose, but she did trust him, and so she felt that it was worth it.

When he asked after her past, however... Iolaire balked. The woman pulled back, her body no longer touching his. She'd gently extracted her paw from beneath his head. Her past bothered her. She didn't like thinking about it let alone speaking about it. The small wolf paced a tight line a few times before taking a deep breath. She sat once more, this time across from him. If they were going to trust one another, then they needed to trust one another.

My father was a king. My mother, a hardened, wandering warrior. The story began to unfold within her minds eye. Iolaire's gaze took on an unfocused look as she continued the tale. There was something wrong with him. He claimed that a demon had taken residence in his soul. There were times where he completely changed. He was bloodthirsty. Murderous. It was during one of these times that my siblings and I were conceived. Rape, of course, but I believe my mother went easy on him because of her feelings for him. Giving a shake of her head, she continued. My mother had us on her own. Attempted to raise us on her own. My father denied that we were his, instead saying that we were the bastards of a devil. Mother was never meant for children. She was a hard, hard woman. There was no softness in her. Once we could eat solid meat, my siblings and I were abandoned. Or perhaps we wandered off.

Iolaire took a short break, gaze still unfocused. Her nose began to wrinkle slightly and her lips pulled back, flashing pristine white fangs momentarily. He tried to have us all killed. My three brothers and I. Later, I found out that my mother had left us because she had been trying to lead him away by creating a trail elsewhere. As far as I know, all of my brothers were killed. The pain was still there when she thought about it. Iolaire had wanted nothing more when she was a child than to grow up with her family and be the princess that she was meant to be. Her father had been a king, after all. Even after she knew that he was trying to kill her, she had clung to that idea. She was a princess. A princess. Idiot.

I almost died several times on my own. Eventually I crossed the path of an old crone. She taught me both the healing and poisoning arts. When she died, I took my show on the road. I've served many an alpha. Many a king. None has ended well. It was then that she realized that she'd been talking up a storm. With a snort, she tossed her head. I'm sorry. You have enough on your plate without listening to all of that mess. Clearing her throat, she tried to think of a reason to extricate herself from the situation, but really, she couldn't. It was night. Everyone was asleep. There was nothing to do. And so she simply sat.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-01-2019, 05:59 PM

She admitted to the same feeling of cognizant familiarity that plagued him when he looked or spoke to Io. The apparition of sensation left him feeling like he should know her, like he did. If he had any siblings out there at all, could they look like Io? A part of him considered the breeding the Klein’s went through to build their army. Io’s small stature and lack of warrior attributed would have led them to consider her a failure. What if.. What if they had been littermates, and the Klein had tossed her away. Was it even slightly possible?

At his pointed question, Io pulled away, and he would finally be able to see her expression. He could immediately see the question bothered her, and he regretted asking it. She pulled at her paw trapped beneath his head, and he obligingly lifted his skull just enough for her to tease it free.

She got to her feet, and he pulled his position into a sitting on, eyeing her warily, and saying nothing as she worked through whatever his words had knocked free. The very start of her sentence dispelled his notion that they could have been siblings, and he was forced to release the idea with regret.

She spoke of her father-king as a wolf who believed in demons, and he sat up straighter, intrigued. He had caught hints of the pack that had resided here before his arrival, and its wolf-king who believed much the same. Elias had died at the hands of the Winterfell leader, and he knew little else of the pack or family - other then how they too had believed they were possessed by demons. Was this her father?

She spoke of the death of her siblings, and his eyes softened in sympathy, he knew the feeling of losing all family, but at least he had had Deathbelle. “Was your father's name Elias?” he asked softly, as he patted the earth before him, giving her the option to lean against him if she chose. He had a feeling she was too restless for that, but she would see nothing but support in the Titan.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-02-2019, 03:25 AM

Sirius listened to her story without much reaction. It felt like whining to Iolaire. She wasn't one to talk about herself, let alone talk about her past. They weren't happy memories by any means. They also reminded her of how utterly childish and jaded that she used to be. Never again would she be like that. Never again would she pretend to be something that she wasn't.

When she finished her tale, Sirius asked after her father. Iolaire gave a light shake of her skull. No, not Elias. A beast in a land far, far away from here. With a sigh she leaned against the big brute when he offered the chance. His solid form was comforting and she realized that she needed that comfort just now. Her voice was soft when she continued. I used to wish that he was dead. Now I just wish that he dies ancient and all alone. Iolaire averted her gaze, staring at the ground. I also used to hate my mother. I haven't seen her in a long time, but I came to realize that she did the best that she could for us. Her nose wrinkled slightly. He almost killed her while making us. The scars upon her... She'll never be what she once was. The small wolf rested her cheek against the big man. I've always wanted a family, but that's not in the cards for me. And so I'm alone. The last of my kind, so to speak.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-03-2019, 02:28 PM
His anger was a slow thrum inside of him, and his patient, outward appearance essential for keeping his calm. A part of him didnt want to hear confirmation for the name he had given Io. Well he wanted the bastard to be dead, he didnt want to owe Acere anything. Besides, he wanted to taste the mans life blood himself.

Io leaned against him as she admitted this was not the same beast, and that her father was in a far away land. Like distance made a difference. She kept calling him by title, bu nature, and a rumble started in the Warlords chest. "His [i] name.[\i]" he snapped, when it seemed the woman wouldnt volunteer it on her own. In those two words she might get a taste of the emotion he was feeling.

It might have been in her past, but it was clear it haunted her still. These were her demons, and likely something that still gave her nightmares. Was it why she was awake now, in the deep of the night?

He grumbled well she rested a cheek against him, one of his giant paws moved to cup against her gently, protectively. "You are not alone. We are your family now. We will be all of your family, because your father wont be long for this world."

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-03-2019, 03:24 PM

She could feel the rumble of his anger reverberate through her small frame and she pressed herself tighter against him. He asked her father's name once again and she released a sigh. His name is Kage. Or, if the demon has consumed him, Dimitri. He was most likely long dead. The rest of the court had been ready to leave due to his outrageous, violent mood swings. He couldn't t have lived long on his own, she imagined.

Sirius declared that he would be her family. They would all be her family. Something within her broke and the woman's gold and green eyes welled with tears. She refused to let them flow. This was all too new. She didn't know yet if there was truth in the statement. She hoped against hope that she would find her home here. A permanent home. Thank you, was all that she managed to say in a soft, barely audible voice.

Sirius used one giant foreleg to pull her close against him, offering comfort that only caused her eyes to well more. He confessed that her father wasn't long for this world and it brought a chuckle from the woman. Thank you, she said again. This time with much more conviction. She had no doubt that Sirius could decimate her old father, but he would never get the chance. Her father had been a recluse even then. She doubted he was capable of leaving his crumbling castle if he was still alive.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-03-2019, 11:11 PM
She would bestow upon him now a name, and he repeated it softly to himself, committing it to memory. If ever he got a chance to end her Sire, he would take it. She would have no demons plaguing her now that she was his. He would keep her safe from all, he swore it.

He looked down at the little wolf in his paws, and would catch the emotion in her eyes. He wasn’t certain how to interpret it, what exactly he had said that had brought her to unshod tears. He wasn’t exactly the best at comforting people, more like pushing them behind him and threatening whatever frightened them. Not every situation allowed him to do so.

Still, he cared enough to tighten his grip on her, and make a soothing noise in the back of his throat. “I hope you know you can tell me all, I would not judger you, and I would keep your safe. You can call for me, anytime, anywhere, and I will come for you” he let out a slow, soft breath. “I haven’t known you for long, but you are like a sister to me. I’ve had no siblings before, but I know this feeling regardless.”

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-03-2019, 11:28 PM

What on earth was he doing? Sirius spoke and pulled her closer. Iolaire's throat tightened and her heart clenched. She felt as though she would die. She? A sister to him? A bit of soft laughter broke free, for if it hadn't, she would have cried instead. That, she wouldn't allow. I had brothers and they were taken from me. It's a pain that I've felt all my days. A sigh ghosted past blackened lips. It's a feeling that I've yearned for. I also feel a familial pull towards you. I couldn't quite place this odd loyalty before, but that's just it. Pulling back, she searched the giant wolfs face with two-toned eyes. You feel like family. It's odd, isn't it?

With a groan, Iolaire extracted herself from the behemoths grip. Rising, she padded a few steps away and stretched. She sniffled a bit and shook the wetness from her eyes. It never happened. No evidence. Well, I think I'm going to overdose on Valerian and sleep for a week. She didn't sleep well and had always suffered from insomnia. That was part of the reason that she was nocturnal. It was easier to sleep during the day.

Are you sure that you don't want help sleeping? Deep. Dreamless. A specialty of mine. Sleepweave was one of the first concoctions that she'd learned how to make. The old Crone had needed it nightly and so she found herself making it on a daily basis.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-03-2019, 11:43 PM
“It is, I asked you your past because I sought a logical reason for the feeling” he explained. She had dashed any thoughts that they might be blood, but that mattered to him less than most would expect. He had never loved one of his own blood before - namely because he had none of which to share such a feeling. Blood was unnecessary for love. A sister could be who he desired it to be, He was a ruler now, a Warlord, and very few could meet his strength. If he said it was so, who truly could contest it? That was the power of strength. He smirked at the thought, and knew Zee would berate him for it.

She extracted herself from his grip, and for the briefest moments he considered not allowing it. That would not get them off to the best start. With a sigh, he let her go, and the smaller wolf climbed away from him.

He was reluctant to have her leave, but could think of no reason for her to stay. She offered him one last time a concoction for sleep, and his heart beat a little faster. Zee wasn’t here tonight, he posed no risk to her. Still, he was weary about taking such herbs. He did not want to get trapped in his mind, nor did he want to be unable to rise if danger came. It went against everything he believed in, but damn he was desperate. Emotions he couldn’t describe flashed across his face, before he bit down on the fear wriggling like an infection in his heart. “...Perhaps” he said, unable to bring himself to say an absolute in either direction. Not cowardly(aka pigheaded) enough to say no, too much hesitation to say yes.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-04-2019, 09:53 AM

Iolaire fixed Sirius with a glassy stare. I would be honored to consider you a brother. She released a soft laugh. I already have been anyway. Might as well continued to do so, eh? Her gaze then became serious, brows furrowing slightly. Thank you, I mean it. There's been something missing in my life for a long, long time. I think you might very well be it. This would breed a whole new problem, of course. The dire wolf wasn't the only one with a possessive streak. That ran in Iolaire's family. Her mother had called them 'Mine.' And all of those that are 'Mine,' you protect with your life. She might be small, but dammit, she wouldn't let anything happen to Sirius.

Another yawn tore through the dame and she shook her head, trying to fling the sleepy feeling away. When offered a tonic, Sirius still seemed apprehensive. She couldn't blame him. Nothing had worked for him so far, why would he trust her concoction? It's entirely up to you. Don't feel pressured. I'll always have it if you care to try it. She wouldn't force anything on him.

Speech

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-04-2019, 04:54 PM
“I know the feeling” he agreed, having never before had siblings to be raised with, to love and argue and banter. He had had Deathbelle, a childhood friend, and who he had told much to, but he had also been beholden to her. It might have been nice to have a sister to speak to. Yet, he was glad Io had not been there. Being raised as a slave in Ashen Empire had not been easy.

He watched as a yawn split her muzzle, and wondered if he kept her awake, even if he had found her already here, enjoying some quiet of the night. “I want to try it.” Sirius said, pushing away his doubts, eyes turning flinty as he charged ahead with the determination of a bull. Dammit he would find a solution, even if it meant taking risks. He would set Marshal and Bast on watch duty, and perhaps he should send Io into the Ashen territory, so Deathbelles wolves can keep an eye on her as well as their own. That way, if something did come creeping into the territory well he was under medical slumber, they could not hurt her. he could not hurt her, if it all turned wrong. He tried not to break out in a cold sweat at the thought of being locked in his nightmares, unable to break free.