An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
11-10-2019, 04:37 PM
I'll tough it out, I won't give in

Squinting Álarr stuck his head outside of his den and sighed. The clouds were growing thicker in the sky and the wind had shifted back to the north. Spring had started only a few days ago but it seemed like winter wasn't quite ready to give up. He was no weather expert but he was willing to bet that snow was on the way again. Álarr knew he should get up, it was late morning already but the shift in the weather made him want to just stay inside his den all day. The wind was picking up, the clouds were darkening. Paws gently pushed into his stomach as he looked down to see Afi open his mouth wide in a yawn. "Is it morning already," asked the cat.

Álarr sighed and nodded."I suppose we ought to get up." Instead he just laid his head down on his forelegs as he watched the wind ruffle the grass and the trees. Afi didn't reply and as he looked down he realized the cat had already fallen back asleep. Well, with his little drill seargent asleep maybe he could get a few more winks himself. His ears flicked forward as he thought he heard movement. "Valdís?" He wouldn't be surprised if the warrior was there to forcibly get him up and training.

Noir

Loner

Expert Fighter (220)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantTrick 2019
11-12-2019, 02:08 PM
After meeting up with Ashmedai Noir figured he might remain closeish to his uncles presence. He’d found food once because of him it was more likely than not he’d do so again. What he didn’t realize was that if he spent half as much time practising his hunting as he did his drills or scavenging he’d never go without a full belly again. There were a decent amount of wolves staying within the basic, those of the pack and that of a band. He figured he wouldn’t get too much lip if he looked around for himself.

It was nearly mid day, most wolves were out doing their daily duties and didn’t much notice Noir poking his nose around. Every now and then he’d follow his nose to a lost morsel. It wasn’t enough to fill him up but it was better than a completely empty stomach. Huge paws carried him onwards, his curious blue and lavender gaze in search of a threat and his dark ears swiveled for sounds. The voice caused him to pause, it sounded a bit younger, within his age range at least.

Noir debated on approaching or not, he was curious either way. Learning about Rhyme’s side of the family, Chaos and Ashmedai and such.. he couldn’t help but reveal himself from the sparse bushed. ”No, not Valdis.” He chuckled, curious what the other yearling might do in the face of his presence.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
11-23-2019, 06:48 PM

Álarr whipped his head to the side at the sound of the foreign voice and he suspiciously eyed a large yearling. He had eye dots near his eyes but they weren't in the customary place to denote an Imperialis and as he didn't smell like Legion Álarr had a feeling this wasn't a new recruit. He quickly scrambled out of his den. "Who are you? Look, I know things have been crazy since the volcano but this is Legion's new den site so I suggest you keep moving." He did his best to look intimidating but the warrior schtick was really more the domain of his siblings. Afi emerged behind him, eyes narrowing in a glare at the stranger. He was shortly followed by Brynhildr who hopped over to Álarr and settled down at his feet, her head cocking to the side as she eyed the strange youth.

Álarr's nostrils flared trying to pick out the scents entangled with the young male as he tensed, ready for conflict just in case it was going to arise. As far as he could tell the other boy was a loner. Perhaps he'd just gotten turned around and would leave now that he understood that a pack was dwelling here.

Noir

Loner

Expert Fighter (220)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

11-24-2019, 07:21 PM
Size wise the boys were near evenly matched, though Noir had a bit of weight on Alarr. He didn’t seem to recognize Noir as family either, but that made things more entertaining. It seemed he was enough to worry about that even his companions came around. Noir took his blue and lavender gaze off Alarr for a moment to look up to find Summer high above him. ”Who are you? Noir returned, finding it more amusing to not give him his name outright. ”What if I don’t keep moving?” To further his point Noir planted his feet and bent his joints, his heavy frame wouldn’t be moving without effort. His blue tipped tail flashed at his hips as he held his head high and challenged the other boy. Noir didn’t really care about leaving, he just didn’t appreciate being told what to do. Especially when they were so close in age. Noir flashed his teeth in a smirk, curious about how his defiance would be received.

wc:170

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
11-30-2019, 10:10 AM

Álarr could feel his heart pounding in his chest. As far as he knew he was the only one at the den site and there was likely no one he could call for help. To make matters worse the other yearling was older, taller, bigger and likely more experienced in the arts of battle. This was not the sort of match he wanted but at least he had his companions where as the other boy-

Álarr followed the boys gaze upward to what was likely the strangers own companion. Well, shit. The stranger failed to answer his question and instead asked for his name. Álarr hesitated, he wasn't sure he wanted to give his name if the other boy wasn't going to give his. Though, he did debate the merits of giving his last name. However, would the wolves of this land know to fear the Imperialis and the Saxe in the way that he hoped? This boy didn't seem the time to give a crap one way or another.

What if I don’t keep moving?

Álarr's ears flicked back. Shit, that was not the answer he wanted but he didn't want to fall into the role of a coward. Trespassers were expected to be dealt with. Now he'd been wishing he'd spent more time on his fight skill rather than healing. At least he could tend to any wounds if he received any.

"Then I'm going to have to try and make you." Álarr snarled and quickly set his defenses. Making sure his ears were pinned and his tail tucked in addition to the rest of his defenses he kicked off toward the boy. Brynhildr took to the air to act as a look out while Afi worked at making himself unseen, biding his time, searching for an opening.

Álarr attempted to close the distance between himself and his opponent as quickly as he could. He sought to build up as much momentum as the distance between them would allow as he attempted to line the front of his left shoulder with the crease between the other boys right shoulder and chest. He lanced it forward seeking to strain the joint and slow his opponent down. In addition his head rotated to his left and his jaws flung wide as he attempted to lean forward and bite into the left side of Noir's neck. He aimed for the point here the yearling's jaw met his neck. HIs lower fangs looked to sink into the crook of Noir's neck just below his jawbone and to the left of his windpipe. Álarr's upper teeth sought to since in behind Noir's left ear and lock him in a solid and powerful grip.

Size: Dire
Build: Medium
Offensive Accessory: n/a
Defensive Accessory: n/a
Companion 1: Raven - Flying
Companion 2: Pallas Cat - Battle
Mutation: Small kudu horns
Disability: n/a
Fight Skill Level: Advanced
Specialty: n/a

Noir

Loner

Expert Fighter (220)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

12-04-2019, 09:56 AM
This was definitely some kind of family member, Noir didn’t know how but they were related. He could see the look of determination in the boys eye and would have recognized it anywhere. Rhyme’s side of the family did not back down, and Noir was eager for such a trait. He wanted to see what the younger boy could do, but mostly he wanted to win against him. Not that he had any foul plans to ruin anything, but picking on the Imperialis boy was amusing.

Noir half attempted to hide his smirk as he was given a perfect reaction to his words. The boy’s ears fell back and he hid his initial nervousness. Noir felt his body shift, his weight was distributed more evenly, his joints bent in preparation as his tail flagged more dominantly. His opponent seemed to recover quickly enough as he announced that he was going to try.

Noir chuckled in his deepening voice as he lowered his head and raised his hackles. ”There is only Do and Do not, no trying involved.” Noir offered what he thought to be sound sage advice. Not that the other boy thought so, but Noir was sure he’d get along well with this cousin, uncle, or whatnot. It didn’t matter, the two of them were going to fight. Just as the blue striped brute wanted.

Alarr raced at him and Noir braced for impact. He was a bit heavier than the slightly younger wolf. Noir instinctually pushed his right shoulder forward as the other boy aimed to slam into him. Sharp point met with broad bone. Noir was jarred and forced to take a step back as he pushed through the pain of a forming bruise. Noir’s pivot to his right that made Alarr land the blow to his broad shoulder caused the boy to miss his precise target with his jaws. He was rewarded instead with the fleshy bit of Noir’s thick neck.

Noir took the chance to retaliate, carefully readjusting his balance the Destruction aimed to lean back on his back legs and wrap Alarr into a bear hug. At the same time he took a page from the boy’s book and opened his jaws wide. He aimed to snap them down under Alarr’s left jaw and around the back of his ear so he wouldn’t have as much room to maneuver, and maybe he’d let go of Noir’s neck.

Noir Destruction vs Alarr for Dominance
Round 1/ 2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Companion 1: Raven, Female - Flying
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Navigator
Specialty: N/A

wc:407

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
12-15-2019, 01:09 PM

The duo collided and Álarr gasped at the pain in his shoulder, but pressed forward with his attack as his jaws sank into the other boys neck, higher up than the younger boy wanted. Álarr felt Noir's weight shift back and he quickly released his target, instead opting to coil his own legs in order to duck sharply down. As such Noir's arms went over his neck instead of wrapping around them but the younger boy did not move quick enough to avoid to others jaws. Noir's fangs tore into the flesh of his upper neck, just behind his ears. Blood spilled out over his white fur, drops scattering onto the ground beneath the battling duo.

Álarr tilted his head up, his legs uncoiling as he rocketed his head up, jaws wide as he sought to catch the underside of Noir's neck, just behind the jaws. He hoped to get ahold of the other boys throat and end this fight if at all possible. As he launched himself up Afi attacked from behind, seeking to latch onto Noir's left hind leg, fangs seeking the boys achilles tendon.

Álarr vs Noir for Dominance
Round 2/2
Size: Dire
Build: Medium
Offensive Accessory: n/a
Defensive Accessory: n/a
Companion 1: Raven - Flying
Companion 2: Pallas Cat - Battle
Mutation: Small kudu horns
Disability: n/a
Fight Skill Level: Advanced
Specialty: n/a

Noir

Loner

Expert Fighter (220)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

12-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Alarr’s contact didn’t last for very long, suddenly he released his grip, leaving Noir with only faint bruising to show for it. The younger boy was taller, but still able to duck enough to dodge Noir’s grab. He felt satisfaction at the blood that flooded into his jaws as his teeth hit flesh. His limbs landed all four on the ground and he aimed to place his right two on Alarr’s right side and his two left paws on the left of his opponent.

He kicked out at the cat that aimed to his tendons, careful not to get bitten too hard as Alarr sought grip on his neck. He succeeded, and as Noir Panicked the young Destruction tried to drop his weight fully on the slightly smaller wolf. He wanted to body slam, to drive the wind from Alarr’s lungs and have him release his throat.

Noir Destruction vs Alarr for Dominance
Round 2/ 2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Companion 1: Raven, Female - Flying
Skills: Expert Fighter & Advanced Navigator
Specialty: N/A

Head Judges

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
12-28-2019, 06:59 PM

And the winner is...

Noir

Alarr must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Alarr: 191.53
(17.55    54    40    55)

Noir: 263.76
(3.3    54.6    75    86.9)

[Lazuli]