gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
11-15-2019, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 03:14 PM by Eliphas.)
[Image: Eliphas_Full.png]

The snowy white owl flew below the dark ash filled clouds, his form easy to see as the sun started to dip below the horizon. Soon it would be their time, Eliphas lived for the night. Like many of his kin his sensitive albino skin couldn’t handle much of the bright light. He preferred to be most active during the night. He and Merlin were making a trip mostly to see what herbs they might gather. The western edge of Boreas was dry and lifeless for the most part, coupled with the volcanic eruption and it made for a difficult time finding what was needed.

The slender Klein made his way through the fjord and to the border of the Bifrost in Auster. The ash and smoke was still horrendous further on, but the color of the smoke and sunset made the sands hold a haunting iridescence. Eliphas paused, dainty paws just touching the sand as his bicolored gaze looked up towards the disastrous sky. His ivory tail flicked nervously at his hips and he wondered if he had found his limit of exploration.

He ‘hmm’d’ softly to himself and bit the inside of his cheek nervously. He’d been out in the wilds for too long, and he was already pushing his luck not bringing along another member of the pack with him. He knew very well what could happen alone and unaware.. Thoughts of the bear sent shivers down his pale spine and the young Klein shifted his weight from foot to foot nervously. ”Merlin, do keep a close eye out.” He called out before having another look around himself.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Fail!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
11-15-2019, 08:28 PM
TIED TO WHAT IS LATE, AIN'T YOU NOW

Aureus skirted along the banks of the fjord, looking for a good place to start a fire and perhaps find some clay for crafting. He carried a deer hide with an odd assortment of items, the corners drawn together in his jaws. Kali was padding along softly beside him, anxious to enjoy the light of the full moon even though it was still muted by ash. Aureus was seeking distraction, moon or no moon. He'd separated from Risen in an effort to find himself and who he was without his surname. What his family had stood for now meant nothing. The surname was just a name and little more, he wasn't sure what meaning he could attach to it. As for himself he was a former prince but what more than that?

Griff swooped down and let out a call and Aureus moved to follow. The tide had gone out leaving bits of driftwood that had dried during the daylight hours. It looked as good a spot as any. Aureus started picking up sticks and assembling them in the middle of the little beach. Kali was quick to join him while Griff stood watch.

Aureus was getting a good pile going when a soft click from Griff's beak caught his attention. He turned his gaze south to see a pale form standing upon the sand gazing skyward. He was a handsome stranger about Aureus' own age. Aureus glanced at Kali who gave an encouraging nod. Taking a deep breath Aureus strode forward then called out gently to the stranger. "Are you out enjoying the evening too? It's still pretty cool, I'm hoping to get a fire started."

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
11-24-2019, 03:43 PM
”Eliphas, to the north.” The snowy white owl cooed softly to catch the young man’s attention. Eli was already nervous about running into another bear he jumped at the sight of the hulking frame. He only took a moment to realize his mistake, but at that point his heart was already beating at a quickened pace. Eliphas didn’t have near as much fear in a stranger as he did a bear, and even by moonlight he looked to be good company.

His voice was friendly, and he offered a place beside a soon to be fire, Eli perked his mismarked ears curiously. Reminded of Zola in both her ability to make fire and her incredible size. Maybe he shouldn’t have been but the dainty boy felt safe in the stranger’s presence. Especially if a bear happened upon them.

”Gathering supplies tonight.” He answered in similar tones, allowing delicate paws to carry him closer to the campfire. It wasn’t that he didn’t enjoy the night, but he was too nervous to really relax and had too much work to do. Dual toned gems watched the titan’s companions curiously. Merlin watched them from Eli’s shoulders. ”I’d enjoy the warmth of a fire though.” There was enough time for that. ”I’m Eliphas Klein, call me Eli if you’d like.” he offered his name with a polite smile as he looked to the gathered firewood. ”I knew another wolf who knew the secret of fire. She used her long canine teeth to start it. I’m curious about your method.” Eliphas looked up at the man’s chiseled features curiously.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

11-30-2019, 10:22 AM

The man replied that he was out gathering supplies. Aureus cocked his head to the side. "Supplies? Like for healing or hunting or something like that?" Aureus bent his head down to add smaller sticks and kindling to the top of the stack of sticks that would form the base of his fire. "Same, we'll see if I can get the fire going. It's nice to meet you Eliphas. My name is Aureus." He paused for a moment, debating on whether or not he should give out his last name. As far as he knew his family had no dealing with the Kleins but best to be on the safe side for now. Besides, he still wasn't quite sure how to feel about his family in all the wandering and bitterness he'd been dealing with. The pride that he'd felt before in giving his surname was gone. He'd leave it as just his first name for now.

"Really? She used her teeth? That's wild! I have just normal teeth so I don't think that will work for me. What I do have…" he rooted around in the scrap of deer hide before pulling out a small chunk of metal and a piece of flint. "Griff showed me how to do this. I found the metal in the Veteran's Plateu and the flint in one of the northern forests. Now all I need to do is strike the flint against the metal." Aureus carefully seized the flint in his mouth by a small piece of leather that they'd wrapped around one end and secured with resin. He then tilted his head and in one smooth motion struck the flint against the metal. There were sparks but no flame so he kept at it. Sometimes what this method really required was patience.

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
12-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Eliphas nodded his head as Aureus sought clarification about his supplies. The Klein boy chuckled, "Yes, kind of. Healing supplies if i can find them but mostly items for my potions." he wasn't always very forthcoming about his workings, but was there much chance he'd meet back up with this handsome stranger. "The pleasure is mine, Aureus." Eli returned with a coy smile playing on his delicate features. The young sorcerer relaxed as his companion turned back to the fire.

Already the pieces of wood were stacked ready for the flame. Eli perked his pale pink ears as bicolored eyes looked over the items retrieved. The boy sat back on his haunches and tilted his head curiously. "Yes, she had lovely long fangs." Eliphas watched as the tools were struck together and sparks flew. Icy blue and soft pink eyes widened in surprise. There was similarities in the methods, but the tools were very different. 

Thinking of Zola was hard, knowing she was there to have his back was a great comfort. Especially after she saved him from a bear. He found his family, and they filled his need for social interaction, but he missed Zola. Eli put her from his mind and tried to focus on his new acquaintance. Aureus was an attractive wolf, and the young Kein found himself enjoying the company. "Should I do anything?" this didn't seem like a two wolf operation but it was possible. Maybe the learned wolf would teach him the tricks. 

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

12-05-2019, 07:50 PM

Aureus listened with interest as Eliphas mentioned that he was gathering items for healing, mainly potions. Aureus had little knowledge of healing and while it wasn't something he was interested in pursuing himself the art in and of itself was still fascination.

He glanced up as Eliphas asked if he could do something. Aureus shook his head, he was getting close, he could feel it. Focusing on the angle of his strike he continued working away until at last a series of sparks landed on the kindling and the fire took hold. It grew and grew until it blossomed into a beautiful fire. Aureus glanced at Eliphas, watching how the fire illuminated the other mans face, casting a gorgeous glow that fixed him in Aureus' sight.

Aureus blinked as he realized he was staring and he quickly looked around as if taking in the scenery before turning back to the other man. "Well, there we go, it looks like it should be going good for awhile. So, what made you decide to practice healing?"

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
12-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Eliphas wasn’t given a task so the delicately built man watched with interest as the titan worked on the fire. His concentration was admirable, but the skill was invaluable. Eli would have to recreate his tools somehow. The young Klein couldn’t help his look of wonder as the fire took life. He almost missed the lengthened stare Aureus gave him, he didn't quite have the confidence to point out the other wolf had been caught.

”Impressive.” He returned, offering a side eyed glance as he focused his dual colored gaze on the fire’s light. ”My father mostly. He was a caretaker of the forest we lived in.” A druid in a sense. Eliphas picked up a lot from him. ”Working with patients isn’t my favorite. I prefer making medicine or experimenting.” Eliphas didn’t often mention his dabbling in magic to others. ”You strike me as the warrior type.” He returned his observation as he settled down gracefully, pale ivory paws folded properly in front of him.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

12-22-2019, 08:27 PM

"A forest caretaker? That sounds interesting. What all does that entail?"

Aureus listened attentively as Eliphas spoke, realizing he was starting to stare again. Why did his eyes keep wandering. He brought himself to focus on the other man's eyes and oh no… that wasn't exactly helping to prevent his thoughts straying downward. He really needed to distract himself. Aureus bent his head down and pulled out the deer hide that held a number of items he wanted to work on. He rolled out a ball of clay that was wrapped in several leaves.

Aureus nodded. "Yea, I'm a soldier. Fighting's really been the only thing I'm good at but I'm trying to branch out." He bent his head down and used his teeth to remove the leaves from the clay ball that he had gathered. Pausing to to ask another question. "So, what sort of things do you like to do in your spare time?"

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
01-01-2020, 10:03 AM
Aureus seemed interested in his father’s work, Eliphas had noticed that the wolves here were not as in tune with the trees and the earth as his sire had been. Even his mother didn’t seem to have the connection that the old man did. ”He was much like an alpha, but instead of a pack of wolves the trees and the animals were his followers. It’s hard to explain I guess, but he was always more.. primal than anyone else I have ever met.” Eli tried to give the other young man a glimpse into his father’s life.

Dual toned eyes were curious as he didn’t fail to miss the other wolf’s own wandering gaze. He felt his skin flush a tiny bit under the explorative ogling. Pink lips pulled back in a secret grin as Aureus returned his attention to his pack and the items he had there. Eliphas didn’t hide his own curious gaze as he watched his new acquaintance work the items in his deft paws. Aureus was indeed a soldier, his only real passion thus far but Eliphas was sure he had more talents than that.

Eliphas allowed himself to watch Aureus for a long moment before he answered, there weren’t many that he allowed to know what his real passion was. He debated if he could trust the man with his well guarded secret. He blinked his pink and ice blue eyes as Aureus crafted his little clay ball. ”If I tell you... “ He started, the hesitation obvious in his voice. ”Promise you wont laugh at me.” There weren’t many who even believed in magic, but Eli was proud of his potions and wasn’t sure if he could take the blow to his ego.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

01-11-2020, 10:26 PM
Aureus started working some plant fibers into the clay, patting it out on the hide as he worked. He wanted to get the fibers interspersed evenly and if he did it correctly it would help to strengthen what would eventually become a small clay bowl. As he worked he listened. He didn't quite know what to make of Eliphas' description of his father other than he was intrigued. It sounded very weird but also kind of cool and rather lonely.

Aureus worked carefully, kneading the clay. His paws and claws worked until he was satisfied but he paused when he Eliphas' tone changed. He looked up, eyes locking on the other mans. The orange light of the fire reflected in those stunning eyes as Eliphas insisted that Aureus promise not to laugh. What could this man be so interested in that he would think Aureus would laugh? Aureus nodded sternly. "I promise, I will not laugh. It can't be any weirder than my great aunt's stuffed potoo collection anyway." He grinned, hoping to be encouraging.

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
01-21-2020, 09:38 AM
The bigger man continued his work and Eliphas found himself quite transfixed on the skill he had with his paws. Dual toned eyes didn’t miss how he carefully shaped his materials. Eli tried not to think what else he could do with his paws as he finished explaining about his father. For a long time he’d wanted to be exactly like his father, but as time went on he found himself drawn toward the supernatural.

Aureus promised that he wouldn’t laugh after Eliphas was blessed with his bright blue eyes. The Klein took in a deep breath and sighed softly as he steeled himself to make the confession. He got the promise that he wasn’t about to laugh at his passion. Eli nodded softly, ”I practice magic.” His voice was soft but serious as he allowed this near stranger to share in his biggest secret. ”I make potions and perform rituals.” His hobby was a secret but his practice was extensive. Eli wondered how his confession might be taken by the handsome stranger.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

01-24-2020, 10:13 PM
Aureus kept his eyes fixed on Eliphas' face as the other confessed his secret and in the end it wasn't that surprising to him. "Wow, really? Don't worry, I don't think your crazy or anything. My family practices rituals as well and we used to have magic generations ago but, not any more." Not since they were bound into mortal flesh. "What sorts of rituals do you do? You… ok, now it's your turn not to laugh. This might be a weird question but you're not descended from a god or something are you?" That was his first thought for explaining Eliphas' magic though he had heard plenty of tales of regular mortals getting their powers from spirits and the like though most of that had been from bedtime stories. He'd never actually met one in person.

Aureus was close to finishing his bowl so he carefully began to use his paws to shape the clay, first rolling it into a ball. He found this method easier to do with his paws. "Do you need any bowls for your potions? You'd be welcome to this one when I'm finished." Once he had a clay ball rolled up he carefully stuck the toes of his paw in the center and circled his wrist until he had a bowl which he then set by the fire to dry.

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
01-29-2020, 07:06 PM
Eliphas couldn’t help the grin that took over his delicate features at Aureus’s reaction to his passionate hobby. Not only was he receptive, but the firemaker even confessed to his own family’s practices. Eli was stunned, but he felt the connection to the huge warrior strengthen. Someone understood and didn’t find him ridiculous. He even went so far as to ask him questions about his craft and Eliphas felt himself swell with affection for the near stranger.

”Lots of chants, for strength, wisdom, luck… love.” He tried not to linger on the word as he was asked his own turn to keep from laughing. He didn’t of course, but he couldn’t say that he could answer affirmatively. ”No, not that I know of. Maybe some powerful spirits, but nothing divine.” He told him, wondering where the question came from and if his companion would explain further. Eli wouldn’t push him if he didn’t want to say.

”Aureus, I would be honored to use your work for my potions.” He said warmly, no one had ever given him such a gift before. Especially not for his quirky passions.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

02-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Eliphas listed off the rituals he would perform and Aureus caught how the man's voice lingered for a moment on love. Aureus felt himself flush as he wondered what sorts of rituals one did in regards to love. Eli stated that he wasn't descended from any god and that was fine. He was clearly gifted to be able to perform magic. Aureus grinned as his gift was accepted. "Consider this bowl yours then! I'd be really interested in seeing one of your rituals some time. Do you come to this area often?" Aureus definitely wanted to see Eliphas again but he wasn't quite sure how to make it happen. He did catch the scent of pack. Maybe he could visit? "Does your pack live near here?"

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
02-12-2020, 09:56 AM
Eliphas wasn’t usually so bold, but he’d found that he was enjoying the larger man’s presence. The two of them settled into an easy afternoon, and talking to him was more than pleasant. He was even offered the fruits of Aureus’s labor, something that touched Eliphas in ways he couldn’t describe. The young Klein was almost surprised when he was told he wanted to see his rituals, and his mention of love brought a flush to his own face. His pale fur would likely show it better, but he tried to keep his confident demeanor. ”I would like that too.” He returned warmly, feeling an odd bubbling of butterflies in his belly. No one made him feel like this before, he too wanted to encounter the tall wolf once more. ”I live in the Ashen Empire,” more specifically the Armada, but he was a Klein and belonged to the Empire as a whole. ”We’ve recently relocated a little North of here. I’d..” He offered his first bit of hesitation, slightly afraid he’d be rejected. ”I’d like to invite you for a visit one day.” His voice held his tension, but there was a warmth to it as well. Maybe he’d make a special potion just for Aureus. Or one they could share. Eliphas relished in his fast heartbeat and fluttering belly.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

02-15-2020, 10:41 AM
Aureus was pleased that Eliphas was open to showing him one of his rituals. He could understand if they were private affairs and not meant for prying eyes but he was genuinely curious. He was only familiar with his own family's rituals and thought it worth getting to know some of the others.

Eliphas stated that he lived in the Ashen Empire which was just a bit north of where they were now. Aureus felt pretty confident he could find it and he thought it was interesting that there was an empire now in Boreas. Aureus grinned at the invitation, just noticing the slight blush to the other man, just barely visible beneath his pale fur. "I'd really like that. I live in the Risen Empire. We're currently in the south of Auster so it's a bit of a trek. But maybe I could come visit you in the later half of summer?"

Eliphas

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019
02-25-2020, 08:51 AM
Eliphas was already planning his potions and rituals for the day that the two of them were reunited. He felt an excitement build within him, the connection between them was already obvious. The young Klein managed to elicit a grin from his new friend and the expression only intensified Eli’s blush. He wasn’t immune to the thought that he would be rejected, but as Aureus accepted his invitation Eli’s luxurious ivory tail wagged softly at his shapely hips.

Even with the prospect of a long journey the sandy man was willing to return to see him revealed that Aureus was indeed eager to reunite. Eliphas grinned, ”I’ll be waiting.” He answered with enthusiastic honesty. ”I should probably be getting back,” his hesitance wasn’t hidden. ”I look forward to seeing you again, Aureus.” Eliphas added as he pushed himself to dainty paws. ”Thank you again for the gift.” He added with a wink as he gently took the bowl into his jaws. He grinned once more before he moved to head home.

-exit?-

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

02-27-2020, 07:53 PM
"Certainly, I look forward to seeing you again as well." He was excited by the prospect of visiting Eliphas and having a friend outside of Risen. Well, a friend, and maybe, just maybe, something more. Eliphas took his bowl and headed on his way. Aureus sat for a moment gazing into the fire that was slowly dying down. When it was down to the point that it was safe Aureus scattered the ashes to cool it more then he gathered his things and headed on his way. Dawn would would be breaking soon and he wanted to cover a bit more ground before settling down for a late morning nap. He caught the look Kali was giving him but he ignored it. There was no point getting ahead of himself.

-exit-