gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2019, 06:38 PM by Deathbelle.)

She had handled the situation poorly. Shock had taken hold when she'd been bitten and she hadn't been able to see past the blinders of panic. Deathbelle's feelings had been utterly ignored, though she'd tended to her wounds in a mechanical sort of way. To make matters worse, she'd avoided everyone for weeks while her facial wounds scabbed and healed. They were barely visible now. The fur had even grown back for the most part. She expected them to heal fully. The only reminder of the battle was a small, crescent shaped scar on the woman's lower lip that was shoved off to the side. This, she thought, was acceptable. It was almost cute. Hmm.

Apologies needed to be made for her poor behavior and so the small woman set out for the temporary base. Her pelt was glistening once more and she smelled lightly of Hyacinthe, thanks to the soap that she'd crafted. Without a call ahead or an indication that she was entering the territory, Iolaire simply followed her nose to where she suspected Deathbelle would be. Hopefully the woman wouldn't be too upset with her.

"Speech"

Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 04:28 PM
The more she threw herself into her work the less she thought about Iolaire and their last meeting. The copper bangle still decorated her arm, even though she felt a pang in her heart every time she glanced it. Being with Io was supposed to have been easy, and she had felt better for a time, but her misery had been shifted. She was finding peace in being without Archon. Toxicity was often beside her during the loneliest nights, and Hannibal’s return a welcome distraction.

But she missed Io’s presence.

That fact made her confused more than anything, she was still hurt from the day and even worse she’d been forced to worry about the dainty woman. No one she spoke to seemed to have seen her, and Bell began to wonder if she had lost her completely. Belle avoided the fur bed they shared, and beyond removing her bangle tried not to think about that day or the Armada healer.

She thought herself crazy when Io passed by suddenly. Deathbelle was lounging on a raised dais against the wall, blocked from view of the path at first. The Empress blinked, hesitating as the moment presented itself. ”Iolaire.” She croaked softly, unsure if it was enough to gain the woman’s attention.
Where My Demons Hide
Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-01-2019, 04:38 PM
It was enough. The movement of silken fur drifting over stone as Deathbelle shifted pulled the small woman's gaze around just as the larger fae spoke her name. Damn. Now that she was here, she didn't quite know what to say. Ears tucked back against her skull for just a moment, showing her apprehension at the encounter. Why had she thought this would be a good idea? Probably because she couldn't avoid her problems forever. She had to act like an adult. Had to do what was best for Ashen. Smoothing things between the two of them was what was best.

"Deathbelle." She purred out in her sultry, accented tones. "You're looking well." Iolaire didn't see much of the injuries that the woman had sustained. They had been tended to quickly and no doubt Lucretia had tended to them herself after. Knowing that the other healer was at Belle's disposal had left Iolaire without worry during the time that they'd been apart. Without worry as to the superficial wounds, anyway. The emotional wounds, however...

The small woman cleared her throat. Her words were oddly stiff and it was obvious that she didn't know where they stood. "I just came to check after your well being."
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Io stopped as Belle caled out, and her form shifted around to face the Empress. Deathbelle’s heart slammed against her chest and her insides turned but she remained stoic on the outside. The healer looked like one of her children after being scolded. Her ears were pinned, and she didn’t seem eager to be in her presence again. Belle tried not to flinch as her own name poured smoothly from Io’s lips.

Deathbelle shrugged lightly, ”My shoulders have healed.” Her words were more cold than she intended, but Io’s actions had shown Belle something she hadn’t wanted to see. Left unsaid was the pain inside.

Surprise flashed across her features as Io followed up, ”That’s all?” Io had walked off without a word and she hadn’t seen her since, the least she deserved was an apology for that. Not to mention how crass she had been when all the Empress wanted was to make her lover whole again after her mistake.
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Ouch. Deathbelle stated that her shoulders were fine, but her 'that's all' was sharp. Iolaire's dusty blue nose wrinkled slightly and her teeth flashed just a bit. "No, that's not all. I'm just not good at this sort of thing." Apologies were uncomfortable things. Belle deserved one, but for someone that didn't apologize often, this wasn't going to be easy. It needed to be done, however.

"I apologize for my behavior." Hey, step one down. A little stuffy, but it was done. Since she didn't know where they stood, it was difficult to show emotion. Iolaire's tongue flicked absently over the scar on her lower lip before she continued. "I shouldn't have left you alone." She should have been able to get over her fear and panic, but... it had been fear and panic. Shock all the way. When she had been bitten, her mind had taken a back seat and her body had gone into auto pilot. Hopefully Belle could at least understand that. Then again, maybe she couldn't. As the woman had said, scars didn't matter to her. Well then definitely mattered to Iolaire. So how could she truly understand?

Still unsure as of what to say, Iolaire simply stood, staring at the speckled woman upon her raised bit of rock. She wouldn't bare her soul to someone that was acting so coldly. She didn't blame her for her frigid demeanor one bit, but they would have to get past this little emotional hurdle before she allowed herself to say just what she meant.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Deathbelle’s mismatched ears were perked and at attention was Io snapped back at the Empress. She admitted her difficulty and Belle was reminded again of Io’s feisty vibrance. Still seeming mechanical she continued, offering up an acceptable apology. Belle wasn’t sure how to proceed either, she’d been hurt and slipped into a mode of self preservation. How could she be vulnerable and show Io how she felt without getting hurt again?

Belle grit her teeth, she hated the barrier between them, and yearned for Io’s sweet touch and closeness. ”I’m sorry I put you in that situation to begin with.” Belle started, her voice softening considerably as did her features. ”I..” Again the ambassador caused a stutter in the Empress. ”I’m relieved to see you well.” She offered hesitantly, showing the worry that had plagued her since that day.

”I was… afraid you wouldn’t come back.”
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-01-2019, 05:33 PM
A frown creased Iolaire's brow. She felt like crap. This whole situation was stupid and unnecessary and she wished it would just be behind them already. It didn't seem like they were going to get anywhere. And then Deathbelle softened. Io could see the worry that had plagued the woman. With a sigh, the small woman's posture visibly sagged.

"Belle..." She started, her gaze drifting away from the speckled woman. "My entire life, I've had to fight for everything that I have. Nothing has ever been given to me." Despite Iolaire's fairly easy going demeanor, she'd honestly had a hard life so far. "My appearance has always been my most powerful weapon. The thought of losing my looks..." Iolaire gave a shake of her skull, eyes closing tightly for a moment. When she opened them again, she looked straight into Deathbelle's lavender pools. "Scars may not mean anything to you, but they would change me. They would take away the weapon that I've honed my entire life." Could she understand? That was why she had gone into shock. Suddenly being stripped of the shield that had always guarded you... It was too much for the small woman to bear at the time.

"I've put myself through horrible ordeals just to keep my looks in place. I can't... begin to explain." The woman's eyes widened and again, just a smidge of that panicked look was taking hold. She had indeed done some horrible things to attain protection for herself. She had killed. She had whored herself out in return for safety. She wasn't just making it up. Being with Sirius was the first time that she had been offered protection without so steep a price. How could she convey such thoughts and feelings to someone like Deathbelle?

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 05:54 PM
”You don’t have to explain yourself.” She offered in hushed tones. Deathbelle knew that Iolaire wouldn’t have lost any of her beauty in the eyes of the Empress. However much the world wouldn’t be able to ignore the disfigurement. ”It.. hurt that you didn’t trust me to help you.” She offered her own explanation, part of the reason she had distanced herself in this most recent encounter. ”But I can’t begrudge your reasoning.”

Deathbelle sighed softly, her gaze lingering on Io’s golden pools as she stood before her. ”I’m sorry I allowed you to get hurt to begin with.” She offered again, she wanted to forgive and forget. She wanted to love Iolaire easily like before. Mismatched ears fell to her skull slowly, she didn’t know how to mend the rift that had formed, or the ache in her chest.
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Deathbelle's initial comment about trust made Iolaire visibly wince. "Gods, Belle... No. Trust... had nothing to do with it." She trusted the woman more than anyone in her life save Sirius. Maybe even more than Sirius in some ways. Iolaire shook her head and took an earnest step towards the larger fae. "Trust was the farthest thing from my mind. I didn't want to see the horror in your eyes at what my face might have looked like." Explaining vanity to someone that was much less vain was a difficult thing. Zee had understood because she, herself, was rather vain.

Belle than apologized for allowing her to get hurt. Iolaire tilted her head slightly. "I don't blame you at all. I blame myself. I had a bad feeling before we left and I didn't trust my gut. If anything, I'm sorry that I allowed you to get hurt." Had she only asked the woman to stay between the furs with her, they wouldn't be in this situation right now.

With yet another sigh and another shake of her head, the small woman looked up to the larger. "Can you forgive me for being so ridiculous?" Hope filled those two-toned eyes. If Belle said no... she would have to live with it. It would be difficult, but she wouldn't have a choice.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 06:32 PM
”Belle,” her informal title fell softly from Io’s lips as she tried to correct the Empress’s perception of events. It was rather odd that the Klein goddess forgot about her looks most of the time. Her natural beauty was difficult to mar, but she did enjoy being looked after. Having to rely on her appearance alone had never occured. She was a princess, and she took what she wanted. She built her heart’s desires. However much her heart wished for that which she could not have. ”I would never.” She tried to assure her that she wouldn’t have reacted nearly as badly as she made it out.

”I’m glad you don’t, i’m sorry we even left the den.” She managed to try and offer up a bit of humor. Remaining near the waterfall tangled up in Io’s arms was much preferable to the events leading up to now. Io took a step forward, and allowing her guard to fall completely Belle shifted to offer Iolaire a place at her side. ”You’ve already been forgiven.” She offered softly, she wanted the bond to repair, she wanted the little healer beside her. ”Don’t make me worry so much next time.”
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-01-2019, 07:15 PM
She was sorry that they'd left the cave too. No use in being sorry now. It was over with. When Belle offered a space beside her and asked that Io not make her worry, the small fae flashed that charming grin of hers and hopped up onto the offered space. "If I was predictable all of the time, I'd be mighty boring, don't you think?"

Wasting no time, the small wolf settled her body next to the larger, pressing their shoulders together. Leaning into Belle, Iolaire nipped the woman's jaw lightly. "I am sorry for upsetting you and I'm glad you're okay." She offered a nuzzle to the fae's cheek. "I hope we can move past this." She didn't expect Deathbelle to fully forget immediately, but in time, perhaps she would regain her full trust again.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 07:44 PM
Iolaire grinned and eagerly took the offer of close proximity. With little prompting Io returned to Deathbelle’s side, but offered a warning instead of agreement. Belle smiled in return, knowing she was right, not that she didn’t wish she could keep Io in their secret retreat forever. She wasn’t sure she could get bored of their time together. The Klein Empress purred softly as Io’s teeth grazed her chin teasingly. She apologized for upsetting her, she hadn’t intentionally meant to cause strife.

”The worry made it clear how much you mean to me.” Deathbelle nuzzled the tiny woman in return, shifting to place a paw over Iolaire’s snowy toes. ”There isn’t much I wouldn’t do for you.” Belle admitted softly as she nibbled her lover’s ear. Her heart beat heavily at her chest, but it wasn’t out of worry and anxiety anymore. Deathbelle relaxed against Io’s tiny form, Io made easy the path to peace. Something the Empress had precious little of.
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Deathbelle's slightly unspoken declaration of love was met with a sigh. Iolaire placed her forehead flat against the woman's neck, speaking into her soft, black and white fluff. "And I, you. Which is why I'm all the more ashamed of my actions and how long it took me to come to you. I was thoroughly embarrassed." It was over. They'd forgiven one another and it was done with. Let it be done.

Trying to move the conversation along, Iolaire pulled back a bit, her gaze searching Belle's. "Has anything happened while we've been apart?" She didn't wait before saying, "Hannibal sought me out. Banshee told him that I was a healer. Odd since he could have gone to Lucretia." What would the woman think of that? Had Hannibal told her that he'd gone looking for her?

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Deathbelle knew that she adored Iolaire, she was a comforting presence and an understanding friend. She offered one more explanation, but Deathbelle still didn’t need it. ”You’re here now, that’s all that matters.” She offered Io another relieved nuzzle, now that she’d touched her again it was hard to stop with the little affections they gave freely.

The conversation continued, Io mentioned she had been visited by her brother and wondered if she missed anything exciting. ”I found my niece, Beryl.” After trying to run from her problems she’d stumbled upon the poor child. ”You are quite the commodity.” Belle teased the smaller woman as she aimed to offer an innocent kiss on her cheek. ”I’m relieved he was able to return home.” She had been convinced she wouldn’t ever see her brother again.
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-02-2019, 05:08 AM
The small woman leaned into the kisses and caresses. She'd missed this. Io pressed her body against Deathbelle's as much as she could. Her thick, foxy tail wrapped itself around Belle's. Relationships were hard. Especially when all of the previous ones had failed, you were used to being on your own, and you were the queen of flings. It was difficult to trust herself in the presence of Deathbelle. In a situation like they'd been through, Iolaire hadn't known how to act. She hadn't even thought of the impact that her withdrawal would have upon her lover. In the future, she would need to be more mindful.

Hearing that Belle had found her niece, Io nodded in acceptance. She hadn't known just how many family members had gone missing during the volcano. "I'm glad that you found her and that he found you." Belle said that Io was a hot commodity and the small woman wrinkled her nose. "I'm just a little healer. No idea why everyone is so interested." At least Hannibal had come to her with the intention of being healed. Others had come simply to gawk and question her.

One silver brow arched slightly and she cast a sidelong glance at the woman beside her. "He's a very... sexual being, isn't he?" The man reeked of sex appeal. His mannerisms and speech were also altered to make him appear desirable. It didn't bother Iolaire. It was something that she did as well. It was simply interesting to her. She wondered if the man might be the same around Deathbelle. If so... would she eventually take him to mate? It would benefit the Empire, she imagined. Plus it wasn't unheard of for family to keep the blood strong, so to speak.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Though they were sorting through their differences there was no hesitation in the affection offered. As Io settled beside her Deathbelle adorned her with sweet kisses and gentle nuzzles. She’d missed the woman’s presence dearly, and it was hard to hold a grudge when she had feared losing her altogether. They moved forward, and they spoke of less difficult encounters.

”You’re much more than just a little healer.” She cooed into her lover’s dark ear. ”You’re the Empress’s mistress.” She teased while trying to hold the dainty woman even closer to her body. She hesitated after Io mentioned her brother’s obvious quality.

Deathbelle chuckled amusedly at the observation. Very. She purred into Iolaire’s neck. ”You can tell him no,” she made sure the tiny woman knew she had every right to deny him. Not that Io would hesitate to tell anyone exactly what was on her mind. ”One of the reasons he got into so much trouble after the volcano. Looking for the mother to another of his litters.” She didn’t deny how jealous she had been when he told her he was expecting another litter near the time she gave birth.
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Everything slid back into place between them. Their affections were given to one another freely. Since they were on Deathbelle's home base, Io imagined that she might be a bit more reserved, lest their affair be discovered. If the speckled woman didn't care though, then neither did she. Iolaire was never ashamed of the things that she did. Well... Most of the time.

"More than just a little healer, indeed. I feel like some strange sideshow attraction as of late." With more and more wolves coming to see who she was and what she was about, Io was beginning to think about charging admission. One herb or shiny thing to catch a glimpse of the elusive Ashen Ambassador. Pfft.

As Belle pulled her closer, Iolaire practically sank into her lover's body. They could get as close as she liked. The small woman didn't mind one bit. Deathbelle informed her that she could tell Hannibal no and Io snorted aloud. "Of course I can." If he had been anyone other than family to Belle, she probably wouldn't have. She hadn't been with a man in quite some time and, frankly, she missed it. When Belle spoke about Hannibal being in trouble after the volcano, she sensed the irritation in the statement. And was that jealousy that she heard? Both dark ears flicked forward. "Ever think of settling down with him or is he too loose to trust?" Yep, she came right out and said it. No use in beating around the bush. It would do them both good to see where the woman's future intentions lay.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-04-2019, 05:52 PM
There was a chance that someone might walk by and see the two of them wrapped in each other’s arms, however unlikely. Belle chose this place to linger and think because there weren’t often wolves going past and through. Io was the first she’d seen. Not that she was ashamed of her involvement with Iolaire either, but keeping her private business private as long as possible was a fun game. She was the Empress though, and her activities always got around eventually.

”Welcome to the family.” She chuckled into Io’s soft ear as she mentioned being an attraction. It felt good to have the tiny healer relax into her embrace, and Belle couldn’t help her amused giggle as Io made sure she knew very well he would be rebuffed. The Empress fell quiet as Io stated her question about settling down with the once heir.

Deathbelle mulled the statement over and contemplated an answer. ”Not seriously, and not in a long time.” Before Archon at least. Her brother always had a streak of freedom and Belle couldn’t really imagine him settling. Times seemed to have changed them all though, and he had a different air about him these days. ”I’m not sure if I would ever see him in a monogamous marriage.” She chuckled softly, not quite losing the jealousy in her voice. He conquered all, and her rebellious spirit quite liked that he hadn’t had her yet. ”That doesn’t change his candidacy for stud services.” Deathbelle found her amusement as she aimed another nuzzle into Io’s fur.

”And it wouldn’t tear me from you.” She added sheepishly, having no trouble announcing her thoughts about Hannibal. Her future with Iolaire was a different story, thinking about it felt much less solid. Like at any moment Io would disappear from her life as quickly as she’d come into it.
Where My Demons Hide

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-05-2019, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the family, indeed. She'd definitely integrated herself into Ashen. Sister to one alpha, lover to another. It would be more amusing if it wasn't such a difficult situation to be in. She knew that Sirius didn't like that she had begun a relationship with Deathbelle. Things had happened and she felt that they both benefited from the arrangement. There was an honest easiness between the two women that they couldn't be when they were apart.

Iolaire listened as Belle spoke of Hannibal, her jealousy and potential future intentions. The small woman simply nodded. She didn't like it, but she didn't have to. She held no ultimate claim over Deathbelle and would never assume to do so. Just as Belle would never hold ultimate claim over her. They were free to do as they wished outside of their relationship. If Belle wanted to bed Hannibal, she was within her rights to do so. If the Empress became pregnant, however, that would drive a bit of a wedge between them for a time. Despite being a woman herself, Io wasn't very fond of pregnancy. It creeped her out.

Deathbelle admitted almost shyly that any interaction between herself and Hannibal wouldn't detract from their own relationship. "Not much could, I imagine." There were a few things that could. Forming a political marriage. Belle finding love again. Things along those lines. Iolaire wouldn't stop being friends with the woman, but their sexual relationship would end. She believed that they were both adult enough to embrace a friendship without sex, but time would tell. It all came down to that in the end: Time.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Deathbelle was more than blessed with the presence of Iolaire and their impromptu relationship. Being in the woman’s presence was easy and healing to the Empress. Of course the Klein goddess had no desire to dwell on how temporary their trist would be. She dove into the woman completely while she could, and being able to forgive her easily was good for her heart. The organ beat heavily in her chest as she held Iolaire close.

Knowing Io’s opinion on childbirth might have given the Empress more confusing feelings. She knew that she wished to bring forth more Klein puppies into the world. Her children she raised now were incredible and their futures were bright and incredible. She knew that the world needed more of her offspring within it.

”No, a thousand wild horses couldn’t pull me from your side.” She promised as she pressed her nuzzle deeper into Io’s neck. She banished the thoughts of how temporary this bliss would be. They did not own one another, but Belle allowed herself to believe so as she held onto Io’s tiny body. ”I can’t help but dwell on the end.” She admitted in hushed tones, but she seemed to at least come to terms with their temporary arrangement. Deathbelle had to remind herself that it wouldn’t end, the pair would always have one another to support each other. Their friendship would always be strong even if their intimacy died.

”I think that I’ll always love you.” There were those words again. She couldn't help herself as she held onto her tiny lover, their closeness intoxicated her and brought out her insecurities like a moth to flame. Iolaire would always hold a part of Deathbelle’s healing heart. Her recovery attributed wholley to the Armada healer.
Where My Demons Hide