Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

Snake EyesVolcanoChristmas 2019
12-01-2019, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 08:04 PM by Kirsi.)
Kirsi had yet to branch out and meet the other wolves that resided within Winterfell. Admittedly much of her time had been spend with Song, perhaps for understandable reasons, but still.. integrating herself within the pack was vital.. even if it ended up taking a bit longer than she'd originally anticipated. That wasn't overly important. Most of her time in the pack thus far, when not spent with song, had been devoted to exploring the pine forest as well as the ship that lay to the northeast. An interesting choice of lands to claim, and this vast stretch of pine trees reminded her quite painfully of the days of her youth.

A quiet, hardly audible sigh fell from the blue-furred woman's lips as she veered carefully around one especially large pine tree. This one seemed especially old, its bark marred visibly from the passage of time. Something was quite admirable about the way it still persevered, and she spent a moment admiring it before continuing on, the tiny woman moving with grace across the terrain that was steadily growing more familiar to her, keeping a careful eye out as she went. One could never be too careful, after all, even surrounded by packmates - they were, after all, mostly still strangers to her.

Lumi

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2019, 08:40 PM
Since her mother's disappearance Lumi had been laying low. The frigid North that had once seemed so welcoming when she was by Heloise's side now seemed harsh and strange - more brutal than she'd ever thought. She had tagged along hunting recently and the sight of bright red blood against the snow was startling. Lumi longed for her mother's comforting words but Heloise was nowhere to be found. Bumming around the den had begun to get boring, even if she was a stickler for rules. Maybe there was another adult she could shadow for a little while. Acere seemed so busy. The hierarchy of the pack was still mostly a mystery to her, but she knew this much: being the daughter of an alpha sucked.

Lumi slunk out of the den and headed towards the pines, intent on an adventure... but a good adventure, where everyone followed the rules and was home by bedtime. She stalked between the trees, looking for a familiar figure. No such luck. All she saw was a blue stranger whose coat lent her an interesting kind of northern camouflage, although she still stuck out a bit as she moved between the trees. The puppy pricked her ears and padded towards the stranger. "Hullo?" she called out, giving Kirsi a shy little wag of her tail.

Kirsi

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

12-10-2019, 05:54 PM
There were children in the pack, Kirsi had noticed. Part of her was reluctant to open up to them, or pay them much mind at all - not because she disliked them, not at all, but because remembering her own deceased children was painful. How would they be now, anyway? That was her first thought when she saw the floppy-eared girl padding through the pine trees toward her, and she felt her chest fluttering nervously at the fact that she couldn't recall. They'd be.. almost two years old, wouldn't they? Something like that. For a moment she felt her focus slip, and struggled to regain her composure.

"Hello," she replied to the girl, letting a faint smile touch her lips. It wasn't quite like her usual tight-lipped icy expression, but instead it was a genuine smile. Seeing the innocent face of a child somehow warmed her heart, despite the faint bubbling of pain that Lumi brought up within her at the same time. "What's your name? I'm Kirsi," she introduced herself, smiling all the while.

Lumi

gems
size
build
player
12-16-2019, 06:22 PM
The blue-toned woman offered her a glowing smile and Lumi lit up in response. She'd been missing her mother something fierce and to see a smiling female face did wonders for her demeanor. "I'm Lumi!" she chirped happily. Kirsi was a pretty name but Lumi was too shy to say it out loud. The pup looked up at her with wide, bicolored eyes. "I haven't seen you around here before..." she added carefully, not wanting to offend her. "But you are part of Winterfell, right?" Lumi could smell the pack scent but it was faint and new, as if she'd only recently arrived. "But I haven't been out much," Lumi considered aloud. It was true, she'd been sticking very close to the den as of late - but that was the right thing to do! Rules seemed more important with each passing day that Heloise and her siblings remained missing. If Lumi followed every rule to the letter, nothing bad would happen and everyone would be safe.

Kirsi

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

12-31-2019, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2019, 08:14 PM by Kirsi.)
The way her expression lit up simply delighted Kirsi. The faint prickles of pain still dotted the corners of her vision. They'd been so small, she thought weakly to herself as flashes of her own deceased children invaded her mind, despite her best attempts to keep them at pay. "Lumi. What a nice name," Kirsi all but echoed her thoughts, smiling still. It was the sort of thing she would've appreciated at her age - verbal encouragement had always been something she'd enjoyed, even if true acceptance wasn't terribly important to her. "I'm new to Winterfell, actually. Me and my -" She paused for a second, considering her words. "- my friend Song joined recently. We were part of Acere's pack before he made Winterfell. So I'm not surprised you haven't seen us around yet." Perhaps she'd trust her more if she knew that? Not that being wary of strangers was such a bad thing. In fact, it was probably better than being overly receptive to them, as far as she was concerned.

Lumi

gems
size
build
player
01-22-2020, 09:14 PM
The pup's little bob tail wagged furiously as Kirsi complemented her. It was a nice thing to hear, like the kind of thing her mother used to say. Lumi's face fell for a moment and she looked away from the blue and slate stranger. She didn't want to explain why she was sad. Talking about Heloise was confusing and painful, but worst of all, it only made the pup miss her mother more. "Thank you," she managed to say, a little bit bashful. "Have you seen everything? Well, never mind, you can't ever see everything... but I know all the best spots for watching animals!" Lumi asserted, trying to spin her sour mood around. Watching and taking mental notes of the other wildlife that lived here was her favorite past time. "I can show you. If you want." Most adults seemed to have other, better things to do.... but maybe since Kirsi was new, she'd be interested.

Kirsi

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

02-03-2020, 08:16 PM
If she noticed that Lumi seemed downtrodden, Kirsi made no real  sign of it. Somehow she could tell that she seemed a little down, despite the way Kirsi's compliment had elicited a smile from her. She knew how hard childhood could be - she'd had her own fair share of tribulations, even if most of them had been.. well, self-induced. But alas. "I've seen quite a bit. Perhaps more than I wish I had. I come from somewhere far, far away from her," she explained lightly. Her homeland had been much different than this place, but she wasn't about to get into those finer details with a child. The less she knew about her life before Winterfell, the better.

"Animal watching, you say? Let's see it." Her pleasant smile remained, eager to see what Lumi had to show her. Perhaps she knew a spot that Kirsi hadn't quite explored yet? That wouldn't be entirely surprising, given how large the pine forest was. It was hard to imagine a more enjoyable way to spend her day, if it wasn't with Song - clearly ready to be taken there, Kirsi stretched her forepaws and waited for the child to lead the way.