size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-14-2019, 04:37 AM
It had been some time since the little dame had made an appearance in Ashen territory. There were characters of great interest living within the land and she was mighty curious as to their well being. She had kept herself scarce so that things might mature naturally. Hopefully they had. Things would be quite a bit more difficult if they hadn't.

Padding into the rocky area that made up the Ashen Empire's temporary base of operations, green and gold eyes scanned for living beings. Things seemed... quiet. "Hmm..." A small sound of slight annoyance was released before Iolaire continued on. There was something irritable within her today. She felt dry inside. Emotion was lacking. Perhaps that was her minds defense mechanism in case she ran into Deathbelle. Io still wasn't sure how she would react to seeing the woman now that they weren't lovers. She was sure how she would act outwardly, but inside...

There was also Bourbon to check on. She had a feeling that she'd planted some seed in the dogs mind during their encounter in the creek. Their long walk home had also been filled with talk. By the time they returned, he had seemed a little different. More confident, in a way. She honestly had a soft spot for the collie and wished him nothing but the best. She definitely didn't wish him a live of slavery and servitude.

Not finding anyone, Iolaire pulled up a patch of rock and sat. She would wait for a short time and, if no one showed their face, she would leave. Pity to have wasted a walk though.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG2

Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019
12-14-2019, 08:54 AM
Bourbon hadn’t went back on his promise to his new mate, he was always by her side no matter what. The two of them were out collecting herbs close to home, after their night together their wandering seemed to naturally decrease. The dog smiled to himself, a natural occurrence, especially these days. He was committed completely to his mate, and that thought brought him joy.

He thought a bit of Iolaire and how her words had been the catalyst to their jump in the relationship. He hadn’t realized that he was holding himself beneath Lucretia. It wasn’t the she wolf that decided where he stood on the rungs of hierarchy, but when she accepted his proposal he thought his heart might burst with love and adoration. Lucretia was his whole world, and being able to show that brought out a different side of the dog.

He was never some scared cur, but now he held his head and tail higher, and his confidence soared with his heart. Bright blue eyes eventually fell on the small Ademre healer and his long furred tail wagged happily at her presence. ”Hello, Io.” He greeted her sweetly, his respect for her obvious. Bourbon lowered his haunches to the ground and wagged his tail at his hips. ”Waiting for someone?” She had briefly mentioned Deathbelle on their long walk home, and he wondered if she was searching for the Empress.
Hello, my name is BOURBON
I belong to Lucretia Maxima Klein
If Found Please Return to Ashen

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-14-2019, 10:54 AM
The scuff of paws on stone drew the woman's attention. Part of her quarry came into  view. She wondered if Luce might be close behind. The collie graced her with a smile and she didn't hold back her own, eyes crinkling in the corners. "Hello, Bourbon." Her own tail swished slowly back and forth behind her. He asked if she was waiting for someone and the little healer nodded. "I am indeed. A few someone's. Since one of them is right here, I only have a few left to wait for."

Forelegs slid outward, bringing the woman to lay upon her stomach. Those forelegs then crossed in a ladylike manner. Ears flicked forward as she spoke. "I came to see how you were doing. I also came to check on Deathbelle and the well being of everyone else." Head tilted slightly. "So, how are you doing? You seem... chipper." Not that he didn't always seem chipper, but there was a pep in his step. He seemed to be holding himself differently.

The collie at least seemed to be doing well. She hoped that the same could be said of Deathbelle and Hannibal. Their scent was weak here so she imagined that she might not see them today. Both good and bad, that. She wouldn't be able to check on them, but she imagined they would be out somewhere together if both of their scents had faded.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG2

12-14-2019, 12:34 PM
The Armada healer greeted him with a similar warmth, he couldn’t deny the pleasure it was to see the woman. She was witty and a good conversationalist. ”Waiting for me?” He asked, a bit surprised but there was news to be shared. What would she say about his commitment to his dear Lucretia.

Iolaire settled down and told him that she was coming to check on him along with the other wolves of Ashen. As well as suspected Deathbelle. He wouldn’t linger on the Empress but their focus turned to him and Io didn’t miss the difference in his demeanor.

”I couldn’t be better.” He told her honestly. ”I thought about what we talked about.” Bourbon started lightly, he knew that he loved Lucretia and they would eventually have found their way together. Io just pushed him along a little faster. ”When I returned to Lucretia, I asked her what kind of future she envisioned.” He couldn’t help but remember the night with a great fondness. ”We are mates now.” His tali wagged eagerly and his smile beamed, this was the happiest he’d ever been.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-15-2019, 04:59 AM
The dog seemed a little surprised that she should be waiting for him. Iolaire laughed aloud, head tilting to the side just a bit. "We're friends, are we not? Friends check in on one another." Silly pup. Her tail continued to wag back and forth behind her. She was quite pleased to have surprised him.

Bourbon continued to speak and with each word, Iolaire's grin grew. He'd confronted Lucretia about his standing and their relationship. Io was so proud of him for standing up for himself and his beliefs. Then... he said that they were now mates. The tiny wolf's eyes went wide and she leaped from her spot. She snatched the collie up and gave him a quick, tight embrace. "Bourbon! I'm so happy for you!" She gave him one last huggy shake before releasing him and stepping back. "You and Luce. I'm so happy for you both."

Everything was coming together. The important people in her life were finding others to help complete themselves. Finding those that would make their lives more worthwhile. Iolaire couldn't have asked for anything more. Happiness radiated off of the formerly sour woman. Her own shitty disposition wouldn't ruin Bourbon's joy. This was too great a day for that.

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG2

12-16-2019, 09:05 AM
She laughed at his surprise, but he deserved it. Bourbon nodded warmly with a smile on his face as he agreed that the two of them were friends. They didn’t linger in that conversation as the dog had much more vibrant news for Iolaire. He watched as her grin grew and when he got to the point her eyes bulged and she was suddenly leaping towards him. He didn’t have enough time to react and he was suddenly caught up in her embrace as she gave him her exuberant congratulations.

He couldn’t contain his huge grin, being with Lucretia completed his life like he had never expected. Bourbon whined happily as she hugged him once more and released him to tell him how happy she was for him. He couldn’t have imagined this reaction, but he knew very well that Io cared for him.

”I’m very happy, thank you.” Though he had no doubt that he and Luce would eventually have found their way together her early heat and Io’s conversation pushed him in the right direction. He reached forward and offered her a friendly nuzzle. He only had eyes for his mate, but he was an affectionate dog. ”Now to tell the rest of the family.” Bourbon felt Luce’s nervousness about telling her sister. Deathbelle had purchased him and given him to her sister as a tool. How would she react to know they were now a mated pair?

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-19-2019, 08:03 AM
Bourbon accepted her embrace with a laugh and a hug of his own. She was truly happy for him and it showed. The woman couldn't stop her tail from lashing back and forth behind her. It was like a happy meter. The accompanying grin on her face could not deny her joy.

The collie spoke of having to tell the family and a bit of the joy faded as she lapsed into thought. She would like to believe that Deathbelle would be accepting of the relationship, but she might be surprised. Bourbon had been purchased. He had been nothing more than a possession that was given to Lucretia. For a possession and a member of the 'royal' family to become mates... surely someone would have something to say about it. She just hoped that it wasn't Deathbelle.

Bringing her gaze to rest upon Bourbons face, the woman spoke. "I want to believe that she will accept this relationship. If for some reason she doesn't, you tell me and I'll take care of it." She gave a shrug. "Or I could accompany you both for moral support." To lighten the mood, she continued. "If anyone has anything negative to say about it, you tell me. I'll poison their breakfast and have them spend the entire day sick in the bushes, eh?" With a grin and a wink, she quieted. It was important for her to know that she supported him. Supported them. She would continue to do so, whether their relationship was generally accepted or not.

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG2

12-20-2019, 09:17 AM
He was glad to make his friend so happy with his news, he was glad to be able to have a friend to even tell it to. He couldn’t help his grin until he spoke about the rest of the family. The Kleins were a special breed, both difficult and easy to predict. Already Luce felt nervous about telling the Empress, in turn Bourbon couldn't help but feel an anxiety as well. Iolaire took a long moment to think about the consequences. There was no doubt someone of the Klein name would look down at their relationship with disdain. What would happen if they had puppies? He tried to shake the thoughts from himself mentally, no any family they made would be loved. He wouldn’t tolerate them being told they were inferior.

Io tried to reassure him, she would take care of things if their discussion went sour. She even offered to stand beside them when the news was delivered. Bourbon shook his head, it was a very kind gesture but he and Luce were adults, they would face the Empress on their own. Bourbon chuckled at her words, it was amusing but he hoped not to take her up on it. ”You are too kind. She is Lucretia’s sister, at least I hope that their closeness will soften any negative feelings.” He didn’t know the relationship between the Empress and her once slave Sirius. If he had the dog wouldn’t have felt near as nervous. At the least he could call out her hypocrisy if she was anything but happy for her sibling.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Of course she knew that Bourbon would turn down her offer. She'd made it in all seriousness, but didn't expect her accompaniment or her offer of poisoning to be accepted. It was simply a kindness to show her full support of the pair. She accepted his refusal with a grin and a nod. There was nothing more that she could do. Her sentiments were clear.

The collie went on to speak of the closeness between the sisters and the dark fae nodded. "I do hope that you have an easy time of it. I can't see Deathbelle denying Lucretia and yourself any happiness."  Not when she herself had been denied it so long. Iolaire sent her hopes along with the caramel colored pup. She wished nothing but the best for him and his mate.

After a small lapse in conversation, the small wolf sighed. "It doesn't look like anyone else will be around today and I have things to do." It was a pity that Deathbelle hadn't shown her face. She was glad to have spent some time with Bourbon though. Rising, Iolaire settled her pack in place before resting her gaze upon the face of the flippy eared canine. "Again, congratulations go to you and if you'd forward them to Luce, I'd appreciate it." Leaning forward, she bumped foreheads with the man. "I knew you had it in you." With a wink, she walked past him and began to make her way back to her temporary home. "Take care, Bourbon. I'll see you soon." And with that, she was gone.