gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Pansexual
12-24-2019, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2020, 05:24 PM by Samara.)

Samara figured she was probably pushing the rules. She didn't know if she was even still part of Abaven anymore. But at this exact moment that seemed a bit less critical to her, even with all four paws planted firmly on their lands. Rhyme had basically passed out the moment they'd gotten him into the den and she'd taken a few moments to try and organize the poor excuse for stores she had left from her visit to Ashen. She somehow doubted much would be of help for the poor man. His body needed rest and care sure, food and water from the symptoms he was exhibiting but it was his mind she was more worried about. The herbs that could affect that would only likely cause further hallucinations and that was the last thing she wanted for him.

Samara sighed and decided it wouldn't hurt to leave him alone in the den for a short while. Though she stayed just outside in case he suddenly felt the need to chase ghosts again. Samara settled onto her haunches and tipped her head back to call for Theory, she assumed the young woman had taken her role as leader since Shaye's passing and if nothing else she deserved to know her father had been returned to her. Samara could only hope that if she was indeed trespassing it could be over looked in return for finding Rhyme and getting him back home.

""

[Image: X7DSVIv.png]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-16-2020, 05:23 PM
Rhyme had been missing for a few days and Theory was worried sick. There was enough going on to keep her just busy enough to keep her from setting out and looking for him herself. She could only hope that he would return soon. A somewhat familiar call caught her attention and she readied herself to answer it. Putting on the mask of confidence had become easier and easier with each day that passed. It was almost real. When she arrived at the plains and saw Samara, Theo tilted her head curiously. The young alpha approached at a clip, slowing down as she came upon the dainty female. Her coloring reminded her of Shaye, and if not for her diminutive size, Theo might have done a double take. "Samara... correct?" She said, her brows furrowed. Once upon a time she'd accompanied her father and siblings to the Firefly Festival, but that felt like a lifetime ago. "What can I do for you?" Samara had joined Abaven under Shaye, but Theory had always had the impression that the black female was a drifter. Even now, she smelled... complicated. She'd been several different places recently, some of them other pack territories, but it wasn't her nature to interrogate.

Samara

Avalon
Healer

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Intermediate Healer (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Pansexual
01-16-2020, 06:00 PM

Samara was not left to wait too long. A young woman approaching and Samara could tell there was some hesitancy there. Samara adopted her best easy demeanor, doing her best to put the young woman at ease. She nodded as Theory asked after her name and the woman gave the girl a respectful dip of her head.

"Just returning a wayward gentleman." She said, gesturing with her head towards Rhyme's den, her voice soft but not unsympathetic. She softened her gaze as she looked at the young girl. "I don't mean to open old wounds. I have some notion of how he got this way but what happened?" She wouldn't push the young woman if she didn't want to talk about the event that had caused her father too start losing his grip on reality.

She looked over at the den, imagining Rhyme sleeping inside, wondering if he was at peace at least in his sleep and her heart twisted. "I'm worried about him. I blame myself some. I left without telling anyone to try and find Motif, but things kind of went to shit. I know it's no use torturing myself over wondering what I could have done if only I'd been there but I can't help myself." She looked back at Theory, feeling that her walls were down, what was it about this family that allowed her to feel comfortable being genuine with them? "I want to try and help him, and I guess to that point I need to know my standings within Abaven."

""

[Image: X7DSVIv.png]
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-16-2020, 06:27 PM
Relief washed over Theory like a warm embrace. She'd brought him home. "Oh, thank you," she said emphatically. Samara couldn't know how much this meant to her... or maybe she could. Theo shouldn't underestimate her. This kindness was a great gesture. Her father had shared some of his personal trials and tribulations with her when she was younger, and his difficulties with love and women were high on his list. Theory wondered where Samara might fall on his list of wishes (or regrets). "After the volcano... well, you know how the land changed. You've seen. Shaye and our greatest warrior, Odysseus, were trapped in a landslide and perished." What she didn't say was the efforts they went to to retrieve the bodies, the long nights spent wailing, and the indelible mark that had been left on the pack as a whole. "I stand in her place. Hopefully it's some small comfort to you, but Motif is bound for Abaven soon." Poem had done her bid to rescue their sister. Theory longed for the day that they would all be together again, but she tried to be patient. Soon.

Theo could tell that Samara was stretching out on a limb. The small female wanted something, of that she was sure, but Theory could only assume her intentions were pure. It would comfort her, at the very least, to know that she had another set of eyes on Rhyme. "You are welcome to join our ranks on the condition that you report to me weekly, privately, concerning my father," she said, offering her a smile. The condition was less than a formality - of course she was welcome to join Abaven, but perhaps if she got to know her a little bit better, Theo could steer Samara towards Rhyme's company. His daughter longed for some flicker of warmth to return to his empty eyes.