size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-28-2019, 09:08 PM
The old woman accepted Drifa’s invitation and followed her whereveer she was led.

Rhythm was more than grateful for the stranger’s kindness and the pelt would keep her much more comfortable for the duration of the trip. She hadn’t mentioned where she was heading, but maybe she would mention before they parted ways. Of course the old woman didn’t know the relationship of Abaven and Winterfell either. Who knew if they would meet again. All Rhythm had was the present, there wasn’t much future for an old wolf like her and the past was painful knowing she couldn’t return to better days.

”I’ve seen a lot in my day. There’s much I haven’t seen as well.” She chuckled lightly, at this point she no longer felt sorrow for her stolen sight. ”What might I help you with?” She asked curiously, eager to help the kind stranger.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
12-30-2019, 10:18 PM
Drífa led Rhythm to a dry clearing covered with pine needles, where the son was beaming down. It would be a pleasant place to sit and chat and warmer than standing out in the cold where the wind could torment them. "If you'd like to settle down here I've a couple of herbs I wanted to ask about." She reached into her pack and pulled out a clump of textured leaves in a long heart shaped pattern (salvia) and she laid them down at Rhythm's feet. "I found these in the Lifeless Caverns here in the north but I don't know that I've ever come across a plant like this before. I was wondering if you could tell me if it has any medicinal properties." It had a rather unique scent and she hoped it might be something she could add to her repertoire.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Rhythm could feel the change in texture beneath her paws, not that she could see where she was led. Drifa seemed like an honorable healer, and she would surely keep to her word. Rhythm didn’t feel like she was in danger. Drifa offered her to get comfortable, and with the fur over her back she delicately placed herself on the shed needles. Drifa was quick to get to her portion of the deal and the old woman perked as the plant was offered to her.

Rhythm sniffed at the offered leaves, she couldn’t see them but she did stroke them gently with one paws as she attempted to identify the species with what she had. Rhythm hadn’t had contact with this plant since her days in the slave pack, it was one that certainly made its rounds among the roughians.

”I believe its a plant called Salvia.” She mused softly, rubbing her toe over the dry leaves again. ”It’s closely related to Sage, but as far as I remember the most prominent property is the ability to cause hallucinations.” She mused over the plant, she hadn’t ever consumed it but.. ”As far as hallucinogens go it is intense but short lived. Only lasting a few moments per dose.”

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

01-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Drífa watched as Rhythm sniffed the herb the Archmaester had placed at her feet. Sight was a vital tool to her herb hunting but scent was even more so. Some herbs looked alike but one could be a poison. Even so she couldn't imagine relying on scent and touch alone to identify herbs. It was truly an impressive skill. Rhythm stated that the herb was a plant called 'Salvia'. It was used to cause hallucinations.

"Goodness, well, I'm glad I asked before letting Halla try it. Are the hallucinations caused mainly by ingesting the plant? Does it have any benefits or is it more of a poison?" She knew some poisons could have beneficial effects when taken in minute doses or when used topically. She wondered if it would be the same for this plant.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-20-2020, 10:25 AM
Drifa would get her answer, though Rhythm wasn’t sure there were many uses outside of the hallucinations there were maybe a couple of uses beyond recreation. There weren’t many side effects, and she wasn’t sure if she would call it poison. Those of the spiritual nature called it diviner’s sage.

”There aren’t many side effects. A little nausea or disorientation.” She continued, trying hard to remember all its uses. ”It can also be used as mood improvement, and can cause uncontrollable laughter.” She mused amusedly. It wasn’t a plant that was going to kill anyone anytime soon. ”Ingestion, tea, burning it and inhaling the smoke.” She offered a few ways to use it. If it was there, why not keep it in case?

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

01-24-2020, 03:38 PM
Drífa listened with interest as Rhythm continued to tell her about salvia, stating that there weren't may side effects apart from nausea and disorientation though she would consider hallucinations to be a pretty serious side effect. She'd never met a wolf who had had hallucinations but she had heard stories and they all sounded terribly distressing.

The plant did seem to have potential use in improving mood but she would have to way if the side effects would be worth it.

"Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with me Rhythm. Perhaps we will cross paths again one day."