An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
12-30-2019, 09:19 PM
Several sizable sticks extended from either end of Álarr's mouth as he trotted northward to the range. The volcano was finally starting to settle and while the range still looked rough the spring rains had done wonders for washing away the ash though many of the trees were burnt to cinders. It would be years, possibly even his lifetime before they grew back. Sniffing the air Álarr stuck his head into the shed, pleased to see that it was still standing and looked reasonable stable. Slipping inside he moved into the middle of the shed to set the sticks down. Afi leapt up onto an old piece of machinery, curly up in the rusty red seat for a nap. Brynhildr settled down at his feet to await instructions though at the moment he didn't think he'd need her help. He wanted to make two different types of spears and see which he liked more.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
12-30-2019, 09:32 PM
Tyrian trotted through the range with one of his latest craft projects banging around on his back. It was a bag and sure, it was butt ugly and lopsided, but it had been crafted by his own paws and he couldn't have been more proud of it or himself for making it. It was a testament to his burgeoning skill. He wore it, ugliness and all, proudly. At the moment it was stuffed to the seams with odds and ends for him to tinker with. He'd collected metal bits and baubles from veteran's plateau and various knickknacks from the range. And amid all those baubles were twines and leather strands, lengths of wire and lord knew what else. He felt prepared to make anything.

There was a shed nearby perfect for crafting in. Inside he would be protected from the elements and hidden from prying eyes - chiefly Sparrow's.

He pushed the door open wider so he and his bulging bag could fit through and then he shouldered his way inside. he said, spying Alarr. "I didn't realize you were in here." Tyrian glanced around then went on to say, "Mind if I sit in here with you? Was just looking for a Sparrow-free, wind-free place to work on some projects."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
12-30-2019, 10:01 PM
Álarr carefully examined the sticks he'd grabbed when he heard paw steps. He turned around to see Tyrian and he smiled gently. It felt like it'd been awhile since he'd spent time with his brother. They'd both been pursing their own interests and Álarr's desire to learn healing almost always took him outside of pack lands. It sounded like Tyr had his own stuff to work on. "Sure! Take a seat. I was just going to try and make a couple spears. I'm thinking of maybe sticking them in a pit or moat or something though that will require a lot."

Álarr giggled as soon as he made the Sparrow connection. At first he thought Tyrian was working on something that would interest birds. "She still going on about being the pirate queen? Whatcha working on?" He leaned down and grabbed a stick then settled his body on it lengthwise wit the top portion between his paws.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
12-30-2019, 11:06 PM
Though he wouldn't admit it out loud, Tyrian had a pretty good relationship with Sparrow. Bickering aside they got along well and had gone on many an adventure together. He just liked to fuss about her. That was their shtick. They took turns pestering and heckling one another, and Tyrian at least would never miss a chance to grumble about her shenanigans. So in that spirit he rolled his eyes and said, "I don't think she's going to give that up any time soon."

Tyrian flopped down facing his brother and unceremoniously dumped out the contents of his bag. "I don't know yet," he said with a shrug. Tyrian then waved a paw over the mountain of baubles as he tried to decide what to start with. "Honestly I'm just in a crafting mood so....eeny...meeny..." You know what? Braiding sounded like a good option. He needed practice if he was ever going to work on his armor. "Mo," he said grabbing a ball of cord and holding it aloft so Alarr could see. "Think I'll just work on my knotwork. See if I can fine tune it and make it pretty enough for apparel."

He measured out and used his teeth to cut three same-sized strands of cordage. As he tied the pieces together he asked, "So a moat, huh? Got big plans I don't know about or something?"
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
12-31-2019, 12:10 AM
Álarr chuckled at Tyrian's eyeroll. "If she wants to be queen of the pirates that's fine with me. I ain't a pirate so as long as she doesn't expect me to bow, then whatever." He hid a slight frown as he turned his head and started carefully using his teeth to fashion a point at the end of the stick. It wasn't a frown at Sparrow so much as he realized that he felt like an acquaintance to most of his family and the pack. From an early age he'd become obsessed with the art of healing. He had the skills now to show for it but his relationships had suffered as a result. He needed to find a way to make up for that but he supposed in a way he sort of ways. It was nice to sit and craft with his brother again.

Álarr lifted his head and watched as Tyrian pulled out a number of string like items and baubles. "Sounds neat, I can't wait to see what you make." He always considered Tyr to be a pretty creative wolf when it came to making things. He shrugged at Tyr's question. "Nothing concrete. I like the idea of a moat but I don't know how to make it practical. I think I'll stick these spears in the ground at an angle to deter bears. They've been really bad this year and I don't want one sticking his head into my den while I'm eating. Have you run into many bears?" Álarr was still sore from his last couple of bear fights. One had brought him far closer to death than he'd have cared for, nearly crushed beneath its wait. The very thought made him shudder, he'd felt so trapped.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
12-31-2019, 12:40 AM
Tyrian set to work braiding the three strands together. Every once in a while he glanced up to see how Alarr was doing but for the most part he kept his eyes on his work. The three strand braid was easy enough once you got the hang of it. Tyrian felt like he could do it in his sleep at this point so currently he was experimenting with tension in the loops. Presently he was weaving the strands and pulling them as tightly as he could. In a little while he would switch to tying it loosely and compare the two methods to see 1) which looked better and 2) if he could think of different uses for each.

"Bears, huh? Hm. Nah I haven't had much of a problem with them, but if they're as bad as you say I might have to hire you to make a spiked moat or something for me." He paused to yank roughly on one of the loose ends. After a beat he glanced up at Alarr. "You seen my sheep yet? I'm going to try to get a whole mess of them and if I do I'm sure I'll need something to keep the bears away."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
12-31-2019, 07:10 PM
Álarr continued to work the wood down til he had a nice point. He paused for a moment tilting his head down near the spear as he glanced at Brynhildr. She nodded excitedly. He was on the right path. He worked at the point a bit more til he felt for sure it was as sharp as his horns. He could kill bears with these horns so having a spear as sharp as them would be what he wanted. Heck, maybe he should consider carrying a spear with him at all times during the spring. As flattered as he was when that woman complemented him on killing a bear with his horns he still wasn't sure it was the smartest move. He could've easily been crushed to death if that woman hadn't been there.

Tyrian seemed to have lucked out in avoiding the bears. His ears perked up at the mention of sheep. "You have sheep? That's a cool idea! I haven't seen them yet, you'll have to show me some time. What kind of sheep are they and how did you get it?"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
01-01-2020, 12:43 PM
Tyrian continued to weave the strands together. After he had about three inches tightly woven he made a knot in the strands to mark the end of one method and then began to weave them loosely. Not having to go back and adjust the woven lines meant the weaving went faster but in the end when he had two finished pieces to compare it was clear who the winner was. He could make out the pattern in the loose end but really it just looked like tangle of leather. The tight end won in the aesthetic department. It was uniform and the solid yet flexible feel it had felt was pleasing to the touch. The loose end was just sort of blobby.

He pondered the applications of both as he answered Alarr. "She's...I don't know the big fluffy kind?" Were there different kinds of sheep? The trader had only had the one. "I traded for her. Pretty much everything I had, honestly, but I think in the end if I can make the herd big enough to sustain a couple of wolves it'll be worth it. I got her from the same trader who gave dad fire."