Calamity

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 21KHalloween 2020 - Haunted HouseDream WeaverTrick 2019
Christmas 2019Promptober 2019
01-07-2020, 01:21 PM
Ever since they had arrived at the shrine, Calamity had been inspired. The balls that Obi had given them to craft their symbols had been on her mind more than ever. Now that she had perfected her sigil, Cala yearned to create a new set of polished dirt-and-stone balls. She'd been ruminating on ways to contact spirits from the other side and thought that perhaps, if they wouldn't speak to her, they might be able to communicate through the world around her. The shrine's enchanting pool had finally struck the final chord of inspiration she'd been looking for.

With careful ministrations, as if she was attending to a newborn, Calamity began to collect the damp soil and mud from the edges of the pond and place them in a pile some ways away. It was messy work. Her toes were covered in algae and she squelched as she walked. The princess wrinkled her nose, but she hoped it would all be worth it. Once she had amassed enough mud, she separated it into six equal piles. Since she'd encountered her father in the spiritual plane she had been ferreting away items that spoke to her. Among her collection was several chunks of raw minerals (jade, fool's gold, quartz), a snake skull, a mouse skull, a particularly vibrantly red cardinal feather, the beak of a dove, and the small, shriveled heart of a skunk. She stared at the objects long and hard before making her selections.

Into the center of the first pile she placed a piece of jade. Into the second went the snake skull. Into the third went the dove's beak. Into the fourth went the quartz. Into the fifth went the feather, folded so that it would fit. As she stared at the final pile, Calamity brought out something she had been holding on to for a long time: the small point of one of her antlers that she had shed last fall. With a note of finality, she placed this piece of herself into the sixth section of mud. Methodically, she began to form each section into a round ball. Once she was satisfied with their shape, Cala decided to take a break and lay down next to her creation. They would take a long time to dry and before it was over she would have to carve the necessary symbols.

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
01-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Meadow walks with a bounce in her step, excitement bleeding into everything she does. There isn’t, necessarily, anything special that has to happen for this state of Meadow to occur. She is just an excited, happy kind of wolf. All that being said, the light-colored female is really, really excited today because Iolaire is with her! They are also going to a new place but, most importantly, Io with her! Her paws seem to dance on their own accord as the pair move through the white, ivory vine draped trees. Such a great day with such an amazing person! The wide, bright smile has not left her lips since they started out on this journey.

A song plays through her head and Meadow hums the tune. The lyrics go something like this, ‘Traveling with Io, I am traveling with Io. Her and me, me and her, we are traveling!’. As they draw closer to the pool in the heart of the woods, the humming dies down as she spots a figure. They seem to be laying next down. Without waiting to see if they are a friend or foe, Meadow calls out, “Hello! Are you okay?” If they are laying down something could be wrong. Shooting a slightly worried glance at Iolaire, she moves forward with a little more purpose in her steps, ready to help the wolf if they need it.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-11-2020, 08:34 AM
While Iolaire was by no means a somber wolf, no one could surpass Meadow in happiness. The older woman never seemed to have a bad day. She always had a kind word for everyone and a smile was constantly plastered to her face. Iolaire couldn't be that happy. She was still angry about the trip. She had barely spoken a word to Roan since they'd arrived other than to give him instruction. And so, when Meadow had suggested they go for a walk to see something new, Io jumped at the chance.

As of yet, Iolaire hadn't been to see the shrine that everyone spoke of. It was as good a time as any to get away from both Roan and Sirius. A good time to just go off and allow herself a moment of happiness. The pair traveled together mostly in silence. Meadow pranced along, humming happily. Iolaire walked with her gaze lowered, obviously still dark and brooding.

The landscape changed from green to white. Though it wasn't winter, the whole of the area surrounding the shrine was primarily the color of snow. It was an impressive sight. Even the mentally stormy woman cracked a smile of wonder as they drew near. "Impressive," she said to no one in particular. And then Meadow was darting away. Ears flicked forward as her gaze followed. Someone was injured?

Padding forward, the pair of women came upon the prone form of a pup. Black and white in color, Io could only assume that it was one of Deathbelle's. Though which one, she couldn't say. She had met Venom and Pestilence, but she believed that there were two or three that she hadn't met. The girl didn't seem to be in distress. Instead she watched a set of mud balls sitting in front of her. "Hello," the small healer greeted. "Are you a child of Deathbelle?" She was quite curious as to what the girl was doing.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
01-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Venom’s pale white paws carried her forward towards the shrine. She too, felt a healthy attraction to the sacred pond. The girl was patrolling the borders, a responsibility she relished in. Her new title of Crown Princess was a dream to bear. The girl didn’t let it go to her head, she was overjoyed to have real tasks placed in her paws. Similarly her training with her mother shifted, and she had yet to tell Sirius about the change.

She smirked as she thought about the moment, her forked tongue flicking out of her mouth as she heard voices closer to the shrine. Curious Venom drew forth, her tall frame appearing through the trees to find her sister and two other women. The young Klein recognized Iolaire, but it felt like so long ago they’d met. The last wolf she didn’t recognize at all.

The Crown Princess padded over to Calla’s side similarly to the she wolves. However she knew without a doubt that her sister was fine and she would bet working. She didn’t miss the orbs and how familiar they looked to the ones Obi and Father created with them. ”Sigils, Calamity?” She asked as she lowered her haunches beside her sister.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Calamity

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 21KHalloween 2020 - Haunted HouseDream WeaverTrick 2019
01-15-2020, 03:15 PM
All at once her silence and contemplation were shattered. Calamity blinked up at the paler female, tilting her head to the side. Was she okay? Well, there were a few different answers to that question. As she was forming an answer, another wolf arrived and asked a simpler question. A look of relief washed over Calamity's face. "Yes, Deathbelle is my mother," she replied. She didn't recognize either of the first wolves to arrive and it set her a bit on edge. They smelled familiar, but different. Armada wolves?

Venom's arrival drew a small noise of greeting from Calamity. If she focused only her sister's familiar face, she could carry on the conversation. Strangers made her a bit uncomfortable. "Sort of... I want to use these runes to discern the future. They should be done drying soon. I was just observing them. I believe using the earth and water from the pond will have given them unique properties," she replied, her voice growing more eager as the sentence went on. Calamity glanced at the strangers. "I'm Calamity. Would you like to know the future?"

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
01-17-2020, 10:14 PM
Meadow’s eyes watch the prone form of the young wolf. Ears perk up as Iolaire asks if the young one is a child of Deathbelle. Io knows the one of the child’s parents? Interesting. When the wolf responds in the affirmative, the light-colored woman looks to Iolaire to see her reaction but her attention is quickly torn away when a new wolf joins them. Meadow feels her curiosity grow and her tilts as she watches the new wolf pad over to the laying down wolf’s side.

Listening as the standing female asks about sigils, the green-eyed woman feels her curiosity pique. As the standing wolf sits next to the other. As the one who has made the sigils explains what she had been doing, Meadow’s eyes round in amazement. When she offers her name as Calamity and asks if they would like know her future, the woman has to stop herself from nodding enthusiastically.

Instead, first she says, “Hello Calamity!” Offering a warm smile to both of the wolves, she continues, “My name is Meadow and this,” She motions to Io, “is Iolaire. I would love to know my future! Do I need to do anything special?” Her smile is bright and eyes are alight with excitement. Moving toward the pair in front of her she stops a short distance away and sits down, ready to get a glimpse into her future.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-17-2020, 11:18 PM
Iolaire stood, inspecting the strange orbs upon the ground that the girl, an affirmed child of Deathbelle, was so intent upon. Soon another form drew near. One that Iolaire knew. She offered a nod to the young wolf. "Venom." The sisters sat near one another and Iolaire dropped her haunches to sit across from them.

Calamity, the girl gave her name. She explained just what she was doing and what she hoped to attain with the orbs. She then offered to tell the future for the pair of strangers. Meadow, always being outgoing, instantly leaped at the chance. Her aunt introduced them both and was eager to know her future. Iolaire was less eager, but she was intrigued at the idea behind it.

Noting that Calamity looked a bit nervous, Iolaire slid down to lay upon her stomach instead. "We're from the Armada. Your mother and I are quite good friends." The small healer offered a soft smile. "And Meadow is family." She gave a slight tilt of her skull. "Could you explain the process while you work? I'm quite curious."
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
01-22-2020, 09:35 AM
Venom settled down confidently as her sister explained what she was doing with her runestones. Pink and purple eyes widened at the explanation as she had quite the ah-ha moment with her sibling. She needed to make her own runes with the glowing water, maybe invite Obi for another ceremony to see their departed father. She smiled politely as Iolaire greeted her, they’d met once before and spoke about Archon.

Calamity explained that she was going to divine the future. Venom perked, but settled in beside her sibling. ”Do you need any help?” She wanted to see the future too, but maybe she would skip her own and help Calla see more clearly for the two women in front of them.

”I’m Venom.” She returned as Meadow introduced herself. She seemed like a sweet wolf, and the young goddess wondered quietly to herself how such a disposition could benefit the pack. She was used to the strongest wolves surrounding her, maybe that was a question for Sirius later. For now she focused on her sister and the ceremony to be performed.

Calamity

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

02-04-2020, 09:14 PM
"Hmmm... stay by my side and lend me your energy," she asked Venom, using her best and most official voice. Calamity was sort of making it up as she went along. She wanted to lend an air of authenticity to this reading, but it was her very first time. Perhaps it wouldn't work at all. Cala leaned into Venom's side and closed her eyes. "Perhaps I'll discover your fortune as I read for them." After spending a few quiet moments meditating, Calamity hummed softly and batted the now semi-hardened balls in front of her. They rolled together back and forth until they finally settled. She overlooked the symbols for some time before turning to Iolaire and speaking to her directly. All of the sigils were of her own design and difficult to make out... but to Calamity, they all had meaning.

"Iolaire... you have worked very hard to accumulate your current wealth. Whether that be material goods or bounty in your relationships, I can't quite tell. In the immediate future you will continue to reap the rewards of your work and guard it closely," Calamity said, then recast her runes. They tumbled around her rolling to a stop again.

"Meadow. An important choice awaits you, but you will be able to make it with a clear and unbiased head. It seems that you conduct yourself often with a sense of fairness and you will be treated the same in return," she added, smiling coyly. So far everything seemed to be relatively positive for her guests. That was good, right? Now, as for Venom...

"My sister," Calamity said, finally rerolling the runes for her sibling. Her warmth and energy radiated through her. That would especially charge the runes, or so Cala thought. Sharing space like this made her feel as if she could clearly see into the future as clear as a reflection in the pond of the shrine. And yet it was murky. "For you," she began, her brows furrowed, "you are still struggling with something very painful." Their shared grief over Archon's passing? Something else entirely? "You must connect with your inner energies. A time of uncertainty is nearing quickly and you must not make any hasty decisions. Take the time to determine your intentions now and prepare yourself. You must allow your intuition to guide you... I'm sorry this isn't more clear," Calamity finished, a bit frustrated. The coming yearling stood up slowly and stretched.

"What do you think?" she asked, meeting each wolf's eyes in turn. "How do you feel about the future?"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

02-05-2020, 04:02 PM
Venom nodded solemnly and leaned against her sister as she asked for her energy. Her mindset was similar to Cala’s though, and she wasn’t sure she was going to see this into fruition. She remained quiet and focused on her sister’s breathing as she threw the runes and read them first to Iolaire. This was slowly followed by the woman, meadow and it seemed her sister was really reading the future.

Then the runes were rolled for her. Venom felt herself and Calamity focus silently for a long time. There wasn’t much doubt that the young princess had much uncertainty in her future. Venom listened as Cala started slowly, an obvious fact at first. She missed her father, that was her greatest pain. Her sister continued, though her predictions were vague Venom knew she would have to prepare her mind as much as body. She didn’t know when this time of uncertainty would appear, but now she wouldn’t be caught unawares.

”I think you did marvelously.” Venom beamed happily at her sister, proud of her work. ”You’ll have to show me how to make my own runes.” She stood with her sibling, sure she wouldn’t want to start on them now after she herself had been sitting for so long.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

03-25-2020, 08:08 AM
Dark ears flicked forward as her fortune was told. A grin spread on Iolaire's maw as Calamity spoke. She had worked incredibly hard for all that she had and she was quite proud of that. Nothing had been handed to her in life. The world didn't have a choice. Iolaire would continue to work hard and would indeed reap those rewards.

Io listened as Meadows fortune was told and arched a silver brow as she looked at her aunt. She wondered what that decision might be. Again, she listened as Calamity spoke of Venom's future and the difficulties that lay ahead. Difficulties were good. They built character. She knew that the young woman would overcome whatever rose in her path.

As Calamity questioned what they thought about their futures, Iolaire nodded with a proud little smile on her maw. "You did very well. I'm impressed. I feel quite satisfied with my future." She then looked to Venom. "And you? Don't let hardship discourage you. Hard times make you hard in turn." She knew this from personal experience. A soft life made a soft wolf. A hard life made the skin thick and the mind sharp.