An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
01-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Álarr had not planned his trip north terribly well. It was taking him longer to cover ground than anticipated and so he arrived at the plateau just as the sun disappeared and the moon rose bright and full in the sky. He was grateful for the full moon to light his way. Afi was curled up on top of his pack asleep and he shook his shoulders to wake the small create. Afi yawned and stretched. "We here?"

Álarr nodded as the cat leapt off his back and sat to clean his whiskers. "Afi, what is all this stuff?" He glanced around at the strange ruins and metal bits that formed unrecognizable shapes.

The cat paused and shrugged. "Hooman things. My ancestors tell of some great war where creatures called Hoomans destroyed themselves and nearly the rest of the world with them. You can find their relics in various places. Basically, if it looks unnatural it is probably a Hooman thing. Come on now, lets see if we can't find a good place to do some training."

The cat took off and Álarr trailed after him.

Eir

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
01-11-2020, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 09:43 PM by Seadragoness.)

The Armegeri explored a new land as she often did whenever she had the time. Reasons were wide, and both were enough for the female to go to the unknown. Exploraring has been something she did since pup hood as coming from a nomad family mean they were always on the move. And now with Lirim seeking for relocation, a new mission was given, and thus she now adventured herself for said thing of finding a good place for them to come. She was doing this of heart , wanting to help her pack as much as she could.

There in the place, eyes of green/cyan stared at the recovering fields. Seeking for good indicators of being a promising place for maintaining a whole pack. The night she come but Eir didn't wish to leave now, she was ready to spend the night here and return at sunrise. The moon accompanied her lonely wandering , but far from feeling sad , she felt some relief, needed after several weeks working as hard as her body could allow her. But then at the distance she saw a figure moving, with a cat with them. Slowly she stopped, staring at them from where she was at. Having no fear she approached just to see who they could be.

"Speak"
[Image: pixel_eir.png]

Eir wears a Santa Claus' coat that has the typical red,white and black colors. She wears it all the time.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
01-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Álarr followed dutifully after Afi but as the cat lead him deeper into the terrain he began to question what the little cat was up to. The land toward the center was dotted with more and more… what did Afi say, Hooman relics? They were sharp and metallic in smell and he wasn't sure why they were going to be fighting in a terrain as nasty as this. "Umm, Afi? Shouldn't we be finding somewhere with a level area to fight, where are you taking us?"

The cat just continued on until he found the most pocked area of terrain, his little tail waving mischievously back and forth. The land was full of craters and and hunks of metal of all shapes and sizes. This was not at all what Álarr would consider an ideal place to terrain. He didn't like this. He glanced down at the cat and Afi gazed back up at him with a smug little grin. "You won't always have your choice of battling in a nice even terrain. What are you going to do if you're exploring or looking for herbs and a bear or something comes up upon you?"

Álarr shuddered. He'd had enough of bears recently and didn't like the thought of running into another one. He didn't care if he never saw another bear as long as he lived. Personally he had no idea why he would ever come to an area like this and he was about ready to shoot off a comment but willed himself to be silent. He knew the point of what Afi was saying and it would make no sense to start arguing. Approaching paw steps alerted the pair to a young woman with brilliant green eyes.

"Oh, hello there. What brings you out here?" Alarr said.

Afi trotted right over to the woman, his fluffy little tail standing straight up. "You wouldn't happen to be a warrior by chance? I was hoping to train my companion on fighting on uneven terrain but as a cat there are limits in what I can translate to a wolf's body." In Afi's opinion cat's were far more graceful and agile than a wolf could dream of. "Perhaps, you have some knowledge you could share?"

Eir

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
01-11-2020, 10:57 PM

Eir stared at them like a hawk staring upon prey, but not like she came to hurt them. She just felt curious on them as never in her life saw a wolf being followed by a feline,it just came to be amazing somehow. Would they be offended should she ask them about such weirdness? Eir wasn't a coward but she was always respectful of other' affairs and ways of living. So for now she decided not to ask about it.

She remained still wanting to see what they would do, wanting to evaluate how could a different animal help a wolf, maybe she could someday get one for herself, and maybe she could then ask about how to get one but not right now

The male and his partner noticed her and soonely they approached. As they close the distance between them, she took note of them. The male seemed to be around her own age , but larger in size. The male was almost all white with the exception of his legs, interesting it was. And as the male asked about her affairs out here she didn't took long to respond. "Hello, I am evaluating these fields. I am looking for a place my pack can relocate to." She asked calmly, with her face serious as always. "You?"

Then the cat approached. "You wouldn't happen to be a warrior by chance? I was hoping to train my companion on fighting on uneven terrain but as a cat there are limits in what I can translate to a wolf's body." The request was a whole surprise for the young warrior, as out of this encounter she never waited to be asked such thing. But as laid back as she could be she decided to give them a hand with what she could. Herself was a trainee of sorts but sharing what she knew so far felt just fine.

"I am a warrior in training,but I can share what i know if you'll like." She started as she lokched her eyes onto the male. "Fighting in uneven terrains is almost like doing so anywhere Else but, I'll recommend a few things. Firstly, in all the fights you have to set your paws in a way that they could give you extra balance." She soon spreader her legs widening her paws so they could have a firm stance. "Always pay attention to where you are stepping in. Lift your tail for estability and use your nails to have some traction." She explained as clear as she couldn't. She rose her tail to show how it should be done.

"Speak"

Eir wears a Santa Claus' coat that has the typical red,white and black colors. She wears it all the time.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
01-13-2020, 07:54 PM
Álarr nodded thoughtfully as she mentioned she was looking for a place her pack could relocate to. It seemed like a lot of packs were dealing with that, Legion among them. While Álarr himself was not privy to the decision of the higher ups he was hoping Chaos would move them back home soon. He knew the land had suffered quite a bit but it just wasn't the same being holed up in the basin. He supposed he was open to the idea of moving the pack entirely to a new location, he just needed a change of scenery. Not to mention his temporary den was starting to fall apart.

His ears perked with interest as she mentioned she was a warrior in training. That was great, so was he! She began to speak about fighting on less than savory terrain and he listened with rapt attention. As she spread her legs wider to demonstrate balance Álarr followed suit and moved his legs in a similar manner. If anything it would help to start establishing a bit of muscle memory.

Afi hopped up on the remnants of a tank as he licked at his paws while keeping a close eye on the proceedings.

Álarr flexed his toes, his nails biting at the ground and he lifted his tail to mimic hers. "Ok, I see! That will probably take practice to see where I'm stepping. Especially here, there's so much junk! Maybe in this kind of case it would be better to try and stay close to my opponent do you think?" He didn't want to box himself in either. "Do the same principles apply if you're fighting on icy or muddy terrain?" He'd been lucky, he hadn't had to fight in any bad conditions yet.

Word Count: 295
Thread Total: 1508

Eir

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
01-25-2020, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2020, 08:56 PM by Eir.)

A soft node took place as the male mimicked her stance. "Yes, like that. And always keep your sign on your opponent while you do this. They could take advantage of you in such a stage. That's why is good to start building up muscular memory. So it is done without a second thought and like that you'll be paying attention to your attacker."

"Ok, I see! That will probably take practice to see where I'm stepping. Especially here, there's so much junk! Maybe in this kind of case, it would be better to try and stay close to my opponent do you think?" "Practice and hard work make it all. And in slippery terrains like those you mentioned, it is always wise to keep your digits wide and nails trying to track, keep your body mas closer to the earth, so you lower the chances of being knocked off by your enemy. And the quicker you dominate them the less time you'll be in discomfort with bad terrain. And yes stay close but be mindful because their reach could grow the more you approach." She explained calmly. This was her first time exchanging knowledge to another, but it was entertaining and it became a rich experience for her to earn.

Words: 195

"Speak"