Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Pride - AsexualDouble MasterValentines 2020Trick 2019
01-26-2020, 04:50 PM
I have toured the endless starlight…

Aerndis had worked her way east to do some exploring in the area that had been hardest hit by the volcano's explosion. There were some areas that were still pretty poor off but things started to look a bit better the closer she got to the coast. She found herself moving into the Rustling Thicket. The cool spring and the large number of rains had helped the grass grow rapidly. It wasn't as tall as it once had been but already it was up to her belly.

She carefully set down the deer hide she'd been using to carry some of her projects. It was a good day for a rest. She tipped her head skyward to examine the clouds in the sky. There was a small gathering of cirrus clouds but other than that the sky was blue and clear. She'd have a nice day today at least.

Pulling the folds of the deer hide open she pulled out a few items to make a small sundial. Harbringr had chatted to her endlessly about them so she thought she'd give it a try. Her first might not be perfect but she needed to start somewhere. She had a scrap piece of hide that was partly rounded so she set her teeth to working at the uneven side so that she had something vaguely circular.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-26-2020, 05:03 PM
Rhythm toured the lands that had always seemed to shelter Abaven, the thicket was much different these days, but she couldn’t see it to really know. The scents were completely different now, but hopefully they might return to what she once knew. Feather flapped loudly to signal the direction the old blind woman should take. She walked at a leisurely pace, it was a nice day. Rhythm should have brought one of her young grandchildren with her, but the distance got away from her and before she knew it the vaguely familiar scent settled over her.

The old Destruction didn’t know the girl personally, but she couldn’t mistake the subtle notes similar to Valentine. Once chocolate lips pulled back in a soft smile as she approached slowly and called out gently. ”Hello, there.” Dark ears perked and cloudy eyes gazed out.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

01-26-2020, 05:26 PM

Aerndis paused in her work to take a deep breath and enjoy the scenery and also continue to observe her surroundings. There were a few clumps of trees in the thicket as well. The ones closest to the volcano were singed and some had been burnt to the ground but there were a few others that seemed to have made it through the event alright.

Her eyes drifted back to the sky and the cirrus clouds. The foretold fair weather for next day or so but they also meant that there was a front moving in and judging by the direction they were twisting it was heading up from the south. Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice and she quickly looked over to see a woman approaching her. A very familiar looking woman. "Oh, hey! You're Rhythm! Oh, sorry, I'm Aerndis, I don't think we've formally met. What are you doing all the way out here?" She'd been part of the raiding part sent to rescue Rhythm but she'd never really talked with the woman or had contact with her.

Aerndis settled back down, eager to work on her project and chat with a somewhat familiar face. She had the hide cut into a rough circle and now she needed to make tears in it. She was planning on doing four, evenly spaced tears and then a tear in the middle of each quadrant's edge so she would have eight evenly spaced tears. She worked carefully, positioning her teeth as accurately as she could and then driving her canines and incisors in.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-29-2020, 09:15 AM
The voice that greeted her wasn’t as familiar of the scent, but she’d never talked to the woman either. She knew who she was, but that wasn’t much of a surprise. Rhythm was one of the oldest wolves she knew, and she had been a big part of Valentine’s life at one time. ”Hello, Aerndis. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” She offered softly in reply as she settled back onto her haunches. ”It’s kind of a long story.” Rhythm went on to say, having only recently relocated to Abaven.

”My niece, the alpha of Abaven, passed suddenly. I’ve returned here to support our family that’s been left behind.” Her heart still hurt knowing the woman was taken so early. She had so much left to give the world it was a huge tragedy that she had been taken so soon. Shaye had daughters to raise and a pack to help grow. It was immensely sad. ”Why are you all the way out here?” She returned the question softly, trying to move past the sad topic.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

02-08-2020, 02:58 PM

Despite the presence of the predators the birds continued to sing their little hearts out. They were well hidden in the tall grasses of the thicket. She did catch sight of a thrush but in a moment it was gone. There were likely a number of other small critters about and it wouldn't surprise her if the thicket served as a shelter for deer. It would be a great place to hide fawns in the spring.

She glanced back at Rhythm who had settled down and delivered some sad news. Rhythm's niece, an alphess, had passed away. "Oh, I'm so sorry." Aerndis didn't really know what to say. She wasn't terribly familiar with the social customs around the passing of a family member. Her thoughts drifted back to the weather. All said it was warm. Cool for summer but over all a beautiful and pleasant day with just the slightest breeze. It was a shame Rhythm was having to deal with such sad news on such a beautiful day.

"Oh, I just wanted to do a bit of exploring. Get out to clear my head." Aerndis positioned one of her canine teeth in the center and carefully bit a hole into it. From there she inserted a small stick and had something like a miniature sundial. It clearly needed a bit of work but this was a start. "So, are you going to live in Abaven then or do you plan to come back to Legion some time?"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
02-11-2020, 08:13 AM
Aerndis was a sweet girl, and she offered her condolences easily. Rhythm could feel the sympathy, but there wasn’t anything she could do to help. Shaye was gone, and only time might help the wound of her loss. ”Thank you,” her words were soft and Rhythm offered the hint of a smile. She truly did appreciate her concern. Thankfully their conversation progressed afterwards, her loss still hurt and dwelling on it didn’t help anyone. Rhythm would help to fill Shaye’s position, though she would never replace her dear niece she could offer comfort to those who could not follow her anymore. Hopefully her son was among them.

The young woman was out exploring and clearing her head, Rhythm couldn’t deny the positive effects of being able to clear your mind. Something she needed to do more of. ”I hope you have success in your head clearing.” Rhythm spoke good naturedly as she gave her blessing. ”I plan to live in Abaven.” She said simply, though she felt Valentine’s distance keenly she knew she needed to be in Abaven for the younger generation. ”If my body cooperates I’d like to return to Legions to visit, I miss those troublemakers.” She chuckled, knowing that Legion wouldn’t be missing too much without her.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

02-15-2020, 10:28 AM

Aerndis wished there was something she could do for Rhythm but she had no idea how best to heal a hurting heart and it was very likely the grief would always be there. It might lessen from time to time but it would never fully go away. Aerndis smiled at Rhythm's words regarding the little trouble makers. Aerndis had left before this newest litter but they did seem an interesting bunch. "And I'm sure we could arrange trips to come visit you to, for festivals and such."

Aerndis was content with the sun on her back but anxious to continue keeping her paws busy. She found it helped keep her mind from running to less savory thoughts. She got up for a moment and pulled out another deer hide bundle from the main bundle, setting it down in front of her. "I have an odd variety of items if you want to craft anything." She was hoping to get some ideas crafted for making a map. She pulled out a piece of hide and spread it out between her paws.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-11-2020, 07:21 AM
Aerndis assured her that there would indeed be visits, it was only a temporary goodbye, unlike the one she said to Shaye. That pain would forever linger in her heart. However, she was always reminded of the love that still remained, the yearlings, her grandchildren, and now Aerndis. Her growing affection was obvious in her voice and Rhythm more than enjoyed the girl’s company. ”I do enjoy a good festival.” However she couldn’t remember the last one she had been to, especially as a free woman.

”I would enjoy a bit of work.” Rhythm offered softly, having something to do with her paws was always one of the best ways to calm her mind. Having an item to boast afterwards wasn’t bad either. With all of her pots and daubles the next trade fair would bring her quite the profit. ”Can I assist?” She didn’t have any sight, so map making might not have been a great option.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

03-13-2020, 07:35 PM

Aenrdis dug through her bag as Rhythm said she'd enjoy doing a bit of work but then she asked if she could assist. "Hmm… I don't know that there's to much you could do to help me on this one. I have a piece of hide here and I'm going to mash up some raspberries then use my claws to making markings on the hide. The markings will be symbols to mark places I've been so I can get an idea of how the land is laid out." She could have Rhythm help mash the berries but that probably wasn't terribly exciting.

"I have some clay if you'd like to sculpt something. Rudy, my companion, knows how to use little sticks to make holes in small bits of clay to make beads and things if you like." She rolled out the little ball of clay to see if that interested the older woman.

Meanwhile she pulled out the small bundle of raspberries and began to mash them right in the hide. She was still very much in the stages of experimentation. Obviously she couldn't keep the raspberries for long. The scent would attract bugs and possibly bears. Also the juice was sticky and not likely to hold up for long. She'd need to find a permanent alternative but this would work for now. She mashed them til she had a nice red liquid to draw with.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-17-2020, 06:52 AM
Rhythm chuckled audibly as Aerndis explained that she likely wasn’t going to be much help in making a map. The old woman kept her sense of humor and after living the majority of her life without sight she had long accepted her disability. ”No, I don’t think I’ll be much help with that.” She shook her head amusedly.

”I’m pretty good at pots, but I’ve never made beads.” She admitted, but she was more than willing to learn. She liked to work with her paws, and adding another item to her list of wares would only help her. She accepted the clay with a grateful nod and got to work. Aerndis said wrapping the play around a stick would produce beads. Not that the old woman could appreciate it but she wondered, ”If you have extra dye, maybe I could use it to color my beads?” She asked curiously as the items were formed beneath her paws.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

03-21-2020, 10:08 AM

Aerndis finished mashing the raspberries. She carefully dipped a claw in the mixture and did a few text markings at the bottom of the hide to make sure it was the consistency she wanted. She delicately licked the berry mash off her claw then moved to her bag to pick out the small ball of clay. She set it down near Rhythm's feet and smiled. "Sure, go for it. You can use as much as you like and you're certainly welcome to use the leftovers from my raspberries. I don't know how well it will work but its worth a shot. I hope to find some other dye options eventually. The raspberries seem to attract gnats to my map." She swatted at a few before returning her focus to the map.

Dipping a claw in the raspberry mixture again she started sketching out an area for the Rustling Thicket. It was a rough outline of the region she had moved through so far. There wasn't too much to mark in the way of land marks but she had passed a little stream. Using a different mark she sketched it in lightly, leaving both ends open as she didn't really know where the stream started or ended.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-25-2020, 07:05 AM
Rhythm was completely sure that she adored Aerndis, the girl had a good head on her shoulders. She was very intelligent and the old woman enjoyed her presence. The girl went on to explain her concoction as she offered up the bit of clay. Rhythm patted around to take the resource and begin to shape it. The old Destruction found too much amusement in the revelation about the bugs.

”Winter will be here soon enough, perhaps they work better when it’s cold.” She mused quietly as she shaped the beads somewhat awkwardly, but it was coming along. For her first try surely they weren’t bad. ”Perhaps if you added an insecticide to the dye.” She suggested tentatively, unsure if it would affect the pigment too much or if it would even be effective.

The old woman continued to shape the clay carefully around the sticks, they were a bit lopsided and Rhythm was sure she wouldn’t want to wear them when it was all done.