ardent

Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

Aryn

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
01-27-2020, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 02:50 PM by Torin.)

Torin knew it was time, his children were pups no more and with the freedoms he granted his members he knew he could neither keep them against their wills or dictate their futures for them, but what he could do was try to guide them down the right path, whatever their destinations might be.

So it was that the man would begin to seek out his children. The twins were first, either of them. With Lili and Lachlan, he had a decent idea of where they wanted to go but with the twins? Well, truth be told he wasn't sure, Sio wasn't the same rambunctious wolf she once had been, though sometimes she still tried. As for Aryn, well he'd admit he hadn't spent as much time with her during their younger months as he would have liked. He meant to rectify that if his children stuck around. Now that their mother was missing he meant to be in their lives as much as possible. He wouldn't let them feel like they had lost both parents.

So it was that he sought out either of his daughters, moving carefully through the freshly reclaimed lands so as not to miss picking up their scents.

Talk Think
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
Valentines 2020Treat 2019Christmas 2019
01-28-2020, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 02:50 PM by Aryn.)

Aryn was a pup no longer, and had happily blossomed into a young lady. The yearling had what felt like a decade of unspent energy and glee, and since being granted the freedom to roam had spent much of her days exploring the wide world. Regardless of her drive for adventure, Aryn still maintained her respect for the rules and regulations of pack life - as well as her goal to keep her father relaxed and lacking in fur greyed in worry. She returned each evening to Emerald Valley to den nearby the rest of her family. The last thing she'd want would be for anyone to stay up waiting for her to come home.

She was preparing to go out once more early in the morning to the nearby waterfall nestled in a cliff. Each sight was more beautiful then the last, though less so then the next. She intended to spend the day splashing in the water, calling to the birds and losing herself in the scents of splashing water and river. She'd very nearly missed her father's approach, though caught his scent on the wind as she stepped out in the direction of the north. Dainty ears perked, her tail beginning to wag gently behind her as she carried herself towards him. "Daddy." Her greeting may have been childish, though no amount of growth could cause the young woman to lose her love for her father. Aryn moved forward to nuzzle against him, a smile upon her face. "I was just going out, did you need me for something?"

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
02-03-2020, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2020, 04:03 PM by Torin.)

Torin's heart was bouyed by the light call of his daughter, no matter what had happened her voice told him his presence wasn't just accepted in her life but welcomed. Aryn moved in to offer her affections and Torin did the same, leaning down a bit to nose at the top of her head, his children were nearly their full heights now so he didn't have to crane quite so much but both Aryn and Sio were shorter, like their mother, Lili was the tallest of those that remained.

But Torin pushed the thoughts of his missing child and wife from his mind, nodding in response to his daughter's question. "I was hoping to talk with you about what it is you want to do." He settled gently onto his haunches, clearly comfortable and ready to listen to his daughter. "If there's a role or a rank you're particularly interested in I can help set you on the right path. Or maybe there's just something that really interests you and you'd like to learn more. We can work out a rank to strive for from that. Or..." He trailed off for a moment, almost dreading what he was going to say but his children were all old enough now he wouldn't force anything upon them, even remaining in Lirim. "If you'd prefer to find what else is out there and find yourself away from Lirim I can release you from the pack."

Torin watched his daughter carefully, eager and a bit nervous to hear her thoughts.

Talk Think
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
02-06-2020, 07:35 PM

Her father returned her nuzzle and Aryn kept her lighthearted grin upon her face. No matter how she might age or her personality shift, Torin and the others of her family would always be her main priority and stay centered firmly in the girl's heart. He settled down gently and Aryn pulled away to regard him, head tilting with curiosity as he spoke. His words were clear, and Aryn knew this was a part of a yearling's life and growth. She'd be asked to choose a specialty, a path, or allowed to leave and continue her life with another pack or on her own.

Her father's hesitance to continue caught her ear and her smile broadened reassuringly as he spoke. When he finished, she didn't leave him much time to worry before responding. "I'm not going anywhere." She told him with a soft giggle. "This is home. I don't know what I want to be, though." Aryn's lips pursed and she hummed thoughtfully, lifting a paw to brush at her chest as she considered. "What does Lirim need? What position could I fill to be the most useful to my pack?"

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
02-24-2020, 02:25 PM

Torin couldn't help but feel relief when Aryn confirmed she didn't have plans to go anywhere, he knew he couldn't force any of his children to stay but since Derecho's disappearance, he could help but want to cling to them for as long as possible.

His daughter admitted she didn't have any idea what it was she might want to do and he mused for a bit on her question. "As of right now Lirim does not have a single dedicated hunter, though I do feel generally hunting for the pack can be managed by our other ranks as well. We also currently only have one healer within Lirim, Kestrel is getting on in age, however." The truth was they were very low in most ranks, but of the basic ones that any pack might need to survive those were the most critical.

"If neither of those speaks to you though I'd still rather try to help you find something you're passionate about if you can think of things you've enjoyed up to this point we can probably figure that out for you."

Talk Think

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

02-25-2020, 08:44 PM

As her father began to explain what exactly Lirim needed, Aryn's brows furrowed into a thoughtful and serious expression. Previously it'd barely crossed her mind that she'd need to do something in the pack once she was grown, and now that the discussion was here and ongoing she found herself becoming a little more lost.

They needed hunters and healers? Well, Aryn didn't know how to do either of those things well. It didn't make her particularly happy to think on the bloodshed necessary to take down a large prey animal, or how it might scream beneath her jaws. A hunter needed to be swift and precise to take down their prey without causing too much suffering. What would she do if she missed her strike and the creature survived long enough to flee, and bleed to death in agony hours later? The thought destroyed her.

Healing might suit her better, though she couldn't ignore how much of a responsibility that was. What if she prescribed the wrong herb, or simply didn't know enough to fix a serious injury? A wolf could die or be pained further because of her knowledge or lack thereof. She was hesitant however to tell her father her fears, the want to help her pack stronger than any fear she felt towards either position.

He gave her an out, claiming he could find something else she was passionate in if neither path called to her. Aryn didn't want to give up that easily, knowing the pack had needs and wanting to fill them if she could. "Could I try them both? Is that allowed?" The yearling asked after a while, looking up at her father.  

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
03-09-2020, 04:10 PM

To say he didn't expect his daughter's reponse would have been a bit of an understatement. His gentle daughter had never expressed an interest in either path but then they hadn't exactly had a typical childhood had they? Regardless he was hopeful that she'd find she loved something and could pursue it.

Torin nodded, chuckling softly and leaning over to nose at his daughter's head affectionatly. "You're allowed to take whatever time you need to figure out what you'd like to do." He didn't want to push anyone in the pack, as long as they were still working to help the pack and find themselves he wasn't going to pressure anyone. "I can talk to Kestral about having her teach you the basics if you'd like and..." He paused for a moment, very much aware of the fact there wasn't a senior hunter to help teach her. "Myself, your grandfather and your aunt can help teach you more about hunting." He's talk to his sister and father more about this later but he figured it wouldn't be hard to convince them to spend time with his daughter.
Talk Think