gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
01-29-2020, 11:45 PM

Lately Hannibal had his children on his mind. With the progression of his and Belle's relationship he felt as though it was time to at least call for his spawn. A conversation or even come sort of shouting match to signify that he cares was needed. A battle was surging within him. Should he be angry due to their reaction to his unfortunate injury in the north or should he accept their rage like a punching bag? Hannibal would never be a true welcome mat to wipe ones paw upon which also applied for his dear children. Within the depths of his memory he thought of his own father. With Hamiclar being a cruel male with a harsh demeanor or sometimes limitless morals he was a pretty ruthless father. Teaching his children to be strong and carry on the Klein legacy with the utmost honor. Thus, Hannibal would expect the same for his kids even if they didn't have a loving relationship in the end.

Thoughts of his own parents and short upbringing ceased as Hannibal reached his destination. Magenta rays of light danced across the rune stone pillars. Ominous as always the shrine gave the albino a horrible chill. So many memories came to mind as he looked over the pool of majestic water. The tiny bit of water with odd stones was what started Hannibal's quick decline. The demise of his ambitions and the separation of his new family happened due in response to Archon wanting to claim the Shrine. A small growl lifted from his throat as he sat at the water's edge and tossed his head into the air. A fierce howl of summons filled the air with ruthless vigor. Hannibal beckoned forth his son Gimli.

speech

This character is mature themed. Thread at your own risk!
Hannibal has a tattered left ear. Most of his art does not display this.

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1KIce Bridge ExplorerChristmas 2019Treat 2019
02-05-2020, 09:59 PM
He'd been digging something up when he heard his sires sudden call for his presence. Gimli lifted his head and narrowed his eyes in the direction it came from, a quiet "tch" under his breath as he returned to his task. Paws scrabbled angrily against the earth now, dirt and mud flying up behind him and coating his shaggy fur. The long tendrils of fur on his chin was a tangled mess, but he didn't care. Who the hell did his sire think he was to demand his presence like that? He hadn't cared one bit before, but now he did? He grit his teeth as he pounded the earth, forgetting that he was trying to carefully dig up a shiny jagged stone he had found sticking out of the ground and in his anger, had cut his paw pad with its sharp surface. He yelped slightly from the pain before staring at it. The blood trickled down his paw and onto his wrist before he licked it a few times, and then placed it back upon the ground.

With a breath of anger, he turned to look in the direction of Hannibal's call again, and finally decided to see what he wanted. Despite his smaller size, he walked with unwavering confidence towards the albino man. The fresh wound on his paw pad barely bothered him at this moment, and all he could hear was the beating of his own heart as he forced his mind into silence.

As he arrived among the stones that made up part of the territory, he stood beside one towering pale tree as his blazing yellow gaze found Hannibal. As much as he wanted to ignore him and pretend like he didn't exist anymore, his curiosity drew him here. "What do ye want?" He asked with guarded and carefully masked emotion.

Hannibal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
04-27-2020, 08:14 PM

As his son arrived Hannibal moved his gaze towards the small yet hefty figure. Gimli had his mother's height but a bit more weight to him. A sturdy boy with a beautiful pelt, Hannibal felt proud of him in those moments but then felt as though he didn't have the right to be. To be honest all Hannibal did was impregnate his mother and give the dam and their litter a safe home. Other then that he didn't have much of a right to claim the boy. Thus, he swallowed the thoughts and watched his son move closer.

As they came face to face the boy let forth gruff words. Accented with his mother's flourish, of course. Hannibal nodded to the boy, "Thank you for coming." Pink and blue eyes eyed the yearling for a moment. Hannibal inhaled his scent as well, as if ensuring Gimli was in good health. "I merely wanted to talk with you, Gimli. That is all." Hannibal recognized his mistake when conversing with Recluse and tried to be more calculated this time. "First and foremost, I am sorry for not being the father you deserve." A gruff voice exposed sincerity as his eyes were focused on the boy. Hannibal was talking to Gimli, not at him. He did not desire any sort of pity but to merely get his point across. "I'm aware words will not mend our relationship. That is why I called you here today." Hannibal raised a brow, "You are a yearling now and it is time to start thinking of your future in Ashen. I'd like to know what your ambitions are."

speech
This character is mature themed. Thread at your own risk!
Hannibal has a tattered left ear. Most of his art does not display this.

Gimli

Hemlock
Paladin

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (175)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1KIce Bridge ExplorerChristmas 2019Treat 2019
04-29-2020, 12:28 AM

"Thank you for coming." He fought the urge to snort and roll his eyes. Despite his dislike for his sire after everything, he was still a respectful lad for the most part. "I merely wanted to talk with you, Gimli. That is all." His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, not noticeably so but enough that he knew he was already feeling suspicious. Did he have any reason to be? Perhaps. Perhaps not. He had never had a conversation with his sire before, nor with anyone really, save for Deathbelle on one or two occasions but they hadn't been very fruitful. Hannibal had started by apologizing to him, making it clear he knew words wouldn't mend what had been broken. Still, Gimli did not reply. He observed in silence. Listened without a word of his own. He wasn't so sure that he was ready to speak to his sire. But whether he was ready or not didn't matter right now. He wasn't showing aggression or anything that seemed offensive. He was relaxed despite the hesitation and tension he felt.

"You are a yearling now and it is time to start thinking of your future in Ashen. I'd like to know what your ambitions are." Well...he didn't really expect that. Ears leaned forward a bit to catch the words, making sure he was hearing that right. He didn't really have to think about what he wanted though...he knew in his heart and soul what he wanted to be. What he desired. Especially after Recluse decided to make him a prime target for her aggression. "Ah want te be a warrior. Ah've proven that's I can fight and defend meself against attackers. Ah've beaten Recluse after she's attacked me fer no reason that I know of. The only good she's done me is show me tha' mah heart and soul lie on the warriors path." He watched Hannibal with steadiness, wondering if he'd accept that, or try to force him to choose a different path...

"Speak"