size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
02-06-2020, 01:55 AM
Now that she had Dunkan running patrols, Resin could afford to take some time off for herself. Her first order of business was to build a wall around the quicksand that had almost swallowed Sirius alive. The giantess was currently collecting rocks and fallen trees with which to line the pit. It was arduous work, but whoever feel in next most likely wouldn't be as lucky as the warlord had been.

After working for a few hours, the one-eyed woman sorely needed a break. Padding beneath one of the numerous willows, she sprawled on her silver stomach. Inhaling deeply, she exhaled slow. Her lone eye dropped to half mast and she took the opportunity to simply relax; something that she didn't often do.
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Cetus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Julian

Valentines 2020
02-06-2020, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2020, 02:57 AM by Cetus.)

It has been a few hours since he had entered this wonderland, as he saw it. The willows he came upon and the streams that went through the ground like tears streaming down the trees.. They made the star boy stop in his tracks. His ears pulled back slightly and with a single exhale he moved forward through the territory. Mismatched eyes and galaxy like body moved carefully through, the willow's arms embracing him here and there as he passed.

By the time he came out of the embrace of one his eyes came upon a large figure in the distance. He himself was on the small side of the chart, but that did not make him lack in muscle or strength. H e moved forward a little further before stopping yet again and letting out a soft murmur trying not to startle the other party and to not intrude too much. "I'm sorry to interrupt. Are you alright?" He asked as he lowered himself slightly. The other wolf might need help.
""

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-06-2020, 03:12 AM

The moment that the sound of movement met her ears, that lone, sulfur yellow eye cracked open. A young wolf approached, his face full of concern. As he drew nearer to the giant woman, she raised her blocky skull from large paws. "I'm quite alright." Obsidian ears flicked forward as she took in the sight of the young man. He looked whole. Strong. Perhaps he would lend his strength to an older wolf, though she didn't exactly need it.

She motioned towards the stone and wood wall that she'd been building. "Care to put some work in?" Though she hadn't been resting for long, she decided that she might as well get up and get back at it. Rising, the behemoth shook out her silver and onyx pelt before padding back to the wall. Latching her serrated teeth into a long stretch of tree, she used her brute strength to pull it around the edge of the quicksand. Once in place, she arched the brow above her missing eye, wondering if the lad would take her up on her offer or not.

Cetus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Julian

Valentines 2020
02-06-2020, 03:23 AM

I am quite alright.
The moment the words reached his ears he gave a soft nod and straightened his posture. When the older woman stood up he realized how small he actually was. Though he was so used to it, that he didn't pay much attention to it. His eyes followed her carefully until her next words caused him to jump into action.

Care to put some work in?

He gave a sharp nod and followed quickly behind her. He grabbed a fairly big log for himself and imitated her movements and positioning. His eyes stared at the quick sand for a few moments before realizing exactly what the woman was doing. "It's really kind of you to do this and to protect in some way others." He commented with admiration and his tail swayed behind him slightly. His shoulders rolled and he went to fetch a few fairly large rocks that he had to push so they keep the logs in place so they won't roll away or tip the wrong way.
""

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-06-2020, 03:36 AM

The barest of grins tugged at the corner of the woman's maw as the small man grabbed another log and followed suit. She did the same, pushing boulders up against the logs to keep them in place. Once the brute realized just what they were doing, he commented. Resin released a soft scoff and gave a slight shrug. "My pack lives nearby. I'd rather not pull another one of them out of the quicksand." That seemed like simple reason enough. She downplayed the act that he seemed to think was noble. To her, there was no need for the act to be acknowledged. It was simply a thing that must be done, so she did it.

One particularly large log wasn't exactly made for biting and dragging. Much like a bighorn sheep, the massive fae lowered her skull so that it lined up with her spine. She pressed the top of her head against the log and pushed, her prodigious mass having enough force to get the log rolling. Once the momentum was begun, it was easy to continue. The chunk of tree slid into place and the woman took a step back, giving her big body a shake to rid it of any clinging debris.

With two of them, it didn't take long to box in the dangerous quicksand. There were just a few more stones that needed to be slid into place, so the woman slowed her pace. Now that the work was mostly done, Resin decided that it was time for a little break. Moving to one of the small streams, she lowered her head and began to drink her fill. Once sated, she curled her thick neck around to look at the young wolf, water dripping from her silver chin. "I am called Resin. Who might you be?"

Cetus

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Julian

Valentines 2020
02-06-2020, 03:51 AM

She mentioned a pack. While he was pushing a large rock near the logs he had carried, to keep them in place. His ears perked up and mismatched eyes tried to find her lonely eye. His tail swayed behind him and as she pulled to the side to rest, he decided to finish up with pushing a few rocks slowly and steadily against the logs so the work can be fully done. His shoulders rolled and a few pops slipped out. After that he moved towards her and took a sip himself. It was so refreshing.

His head lifted up and he met her eye with his own as she questioned him. "My name is Cetus." His light accent into the words caused him to shake his head slightly and recline back onto his hinds as he took a breath before forwarding a question. "With no intention to be rude, will you tell me more about this place and your pack? I have just arrived and I have no idea where here is." He explained and gave Resin an awkward smile. It was definitely something he needed to know. He knew where he came from, where he has been, but he had no idea where he was now. It was always good to know more about the place you will call home for who knows how long. And that reminded him to also look around to see what kind of herbs there were in this place that he could use. Because back where he came from he specialized in healing. And he wanted to continue that of course. Maybe some day his family will come around and they can all be together once more. Though as the first born, he was the first to go and to part. Everyone else decided to stay. But he had to go and see the world.

""

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-06-2020, 04:03 AM

He gave his name as Cetus and the large fae accepted it with a nod. He then went on to ask after both her pack and the land that they were in. Motioning with her skull back towards the fence, she curled her body and padded back towards it to put the last bits in place. As she worked, she spoke. "The pack that I claim is called the Ashen Armada. We are counterpart to another pack; the Ashen Empire." After rolling a few stones into place, she continued. "This land is called the Weeping Wood. The lands that the Armada claims are Sea's Plain and Tall Grass Plain."

Satisfied with the work that they'd done, the behemoths haunches folded and she sat. "There are many packs in this world. All are different. Some are hostile; others friendly." She'd heard much of these things from Iolaire and from others that happened to travel to Armada lands. "The Armada is a pack of warriors and healers. Are you either of those, I wonder?" The brow on the ruined side of her face raised in question.

Absently, she seemed to speak. "This fence is temporary, you know. The pit within will dry up and the ground will be safe again. Still... it wasn't wasted work." Nothing ever was.