Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
02-15-2020, 04:17 PM
ooc: looking for a friendly spar!

I wanted to seek, but I got distracted

Lúta found herself back at the battlefield. The morning sun was shining brightly now and she was seeking a good spar to warm up and keep her skills sharp while she waited for Ragna to arrive. She scouted across the territory looking for any scent of her companion and found none so she could only assume that Ragna had yet to arrive. That was fine. She could keep herself busy for awhile longer.

After finding a good place for a spar Lúta tipped back her head and called for an opponent. As she waited she stretched lightly. She felt she was slowly getting a feel for how the wolves here did battle though it was clear she had a lot to learn.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
RelevantKoala

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
02-20-2020, 02:04 AM

Even though the strange cat had quite easily overpowered him, Azure was confident it was a one time event. Perhaps he'd lost because she was a cat, and by nature they were more agile and powerful than their wolf counterparts. Even Azure knew that wolves hunted in groups while cats took on their prey alone, it must have been for that reason that the she-cat bested him with such ease.

He was ready for round two and begged his mother to allow him one last attempt at combat before forcing him home. Zee herself had frequented the battlefield often in her training, and had never come across a wolf who would mutilate or maim during a spar. It was difficult for the mother to trust that these strangers would not utterly destroy her pup, but knew it was important to let him learn some humility at the risk of injury.

Once more his mother stood at the sidelines - anxious and ready to go home - while Azure approached a waiting challenger. He was much less confident about this one, after all this woman was nearly as large as his father was. Her golden-yellow eyes were kind though, and the pup mustered the courage to meet her challenge. "Hi." He offered his greeting with much less intensity than the last. "Don't go too easy on me, okay?" The blue marked pup offered her a smile, and then when she was ready moved to meet her.

His father had told him to fight with cunning if he couldn't win with strength, and so instead of jumping to latch onto the first body part he saw Azure aimed to run between the she-wolf's legs. There was a lot of room beneath her, and he hoped he could cross the distance of her underbelly fast enough that his jaws could latch upon her rear leg before she had time to react. It felt odd to consider running beneath a titanic wolf, and Azure kept his eyes upon her shadow so that if suddenly she tried to sit on him he might be able to get out of the way.

Azure Keres Fatalis vs Lúta for Spar.
Round 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Hunter
Specialty: N/A

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
02-20-2020, 08:47 PM

Lúta was surprised when her call was answered by a pup, even more surprised at the myriad of mutations the boy seemed to bear. Where she was from it was highly unusual. Being born with claws had been taken as a sign from the spirits and set her on the path of current calling. She smiled at the pup and also at his mother who seemed nervous about the situation. Lúta couldn't blame her. Her own mother had been terribly nervous when she first started learning to fight.

"No worries, young one, I will do my best to be a suitable opponent."

Lúta quickly set her defenses as the boy took the first move. He dove straight for her, coming in now. She quickly shuffled to her left, twisting her head to the right and down as she tried to grab the boys scruff in her teeth. At the same time she lifted her left forepaw, claws extended as she sought to press it into his back.

Lúta Hoskuldr vs Azure for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Skills: Beginner Healer & Expert Fighter

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
RelevantKoala

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
02-20-2020, 09:30 PM

Her voice was kind, and Azure felt a little better about the impending match. Her teeth however, were much less kind. She moved to grasp his scruff and Azure ducked it just in time, feeling the teeth scrape over his skin. Her paw came down upon his back and he yelped in surprise, before bracing himself to roll beneath the claws so that he'd be belly up. His intention was to grasp upon her paw with all four clawed paws of his own, then bite down upon her toes angrily. If anything perhaps she could release him, and he could get one last chance at taking her down.

Azure Keres Fatalis vs Lúta for Spar.
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Hunter

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lunarcat7

02-20-2020, 09:55 PM

Lúta's fangs just missed the boys scruff but her paw made contact with his back. He immediately flipped and she saw his flaws fling out. Lúta quickly recoiled her paw but not before his claws tore light lacerations across the top of her paw. She opted to try a different tactic. Her jaws dove down at an angle toward his right wrist while her front paws sought to capture his left. She'd put herself in harms way of his jaws but it was worth a shot to see if she could get his dangerous little claws pinned. She rarely had the chance to fight other wolves with claws. There had only been one other like her in her tribe. This was certainly working her brain in a new way!

Lúta Hoskuldr vs Azure for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Skills: Beginner Healer & Expert Fighter

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
03-10-2020, 11:02 AM

And the winner is...

LUTA

AZURE must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Azure: 47.5
(11, 13, 13, 27 - Adjusted to 14.85, 13, 13, 27)

Luta: 124.08
(1, 25, 48, 28 - Adjusted to 1.15, 26.25, 48, 28)

- nyx