Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KValentines 2020
Treat 2019
02-18-2020, 07:56 PM
They had moved from Auster to Boreas. She wasn't sure how to feel about it after having been secluded from the other packs since she was born, but now they had neighbors. One of the packs was right next door, and she felt apprehensive about their unknown neighbors. She knew nothing about them, and in fact, didn't know much about the packs that resided this side of the continent. She knew of Abaven, but the rest? Not so much. Apprehensive of their western neighbors, Proserpina took to skirting around their borders until she made it to a bird filled marsh on the other side. The sounds and sights of the birds did little to calm her, though she walked carefully and quietly between this territory and the obvious border of the other pack. She didn't miss the wall that seemed to act as a barrier between the lands, and she wondered how long that had been up and why. Was it because they were afraid of being attacked? Were they easy targets? Drawing in the pack scent, she noticed there were very few wolves there. Maybe that's why they had the wall up...they were likely afraid of being attacked by a larger pack. She stowed that information away for later, though she was sure Eligos knew about this pack and it's small numbers. While her own pack was small now, they were no doubt still stronger than the neighboring mortals that lingered under Aerie's watchful gaze...

Art
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020
02-27-2020, 01:49 AM
Though Viviane was getting training now, she found that her appetite for learning, now whetted, was insatiable. The plants she knew now were all in arid environments, but she was getting a little tired of deserts. She needed a change of pace, so she'd made her way here to work on learning the sights and scents of the wetland plants. Memorizing them, taking detailed note of their individual features. She didn't yet know their names or what, if anything, they were good for, or which were dangerous to use, but she would make sure that if any were ever described to her she would recognize them. Just like Bourbon, when she had described aloe vera. Her training with Aurielle would surely go much more smoothly if she could already pair a plant with its scent as she learned its properties.

But her exploration stopped dead in surprise when she stepped out from behind a clump of marsh grass taller than her head to come face to face with a stranger. She put on the brakes abruptly. "Oh!" she exclaimed softly. "Uhm, I'm sorry, I'll get out of your way." But getting out of the stranger's way in one direction would mean stepping into murky marsh water up to her chest, and the other direction was only a narrow strip of dry land before ending abruptly in flowing water, so Viv hesitated a moment, stymied.

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KValentines 2020
Treat 2019
02-27-2020, 02:01 AM
She was momentarily distracted as a few birds flew up into the canopies and into the thick foliage above. This place had interested her so far with all the different birds...it was like a safe haven for them, and the sound of the frogs hiding in and around the waters edge sort of soothed her into a less apprehensive mood. But it all came to a screeching halt when she heard the brief rustle in the bushes and suddenly she was face to face with another wolf. Her fur stood on end, pale gaze fixated on the smaller she-wolf. She was a stranger. Her scent betraying that of the neighboring pack she was investigating. Had she been found out? Then again...she wasn't sure if it was them she was investigating or the surrounding lands. She'd never been in these parts before, let alone near other packs...

The smaller wolf apologized and offered to get out of her way, only there wasn't really anywhere she could go without practically drowning on one side, and being stuck on the other. Ina was quiet for a long moment as she wasn't sure what to say to someone she didn't know at all. Then finally after what felt like an eternity later, she moved over to give the girl room. "There." She uttered. A single word. Not kind but also not unkind. She was unsure what to do in this predicament...it was clear she wasn't used to being around those she didn't know. "You're from that pack..." She said simply, more a statement than a question.

Art
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

02-27-2020, 02:33 AM
The larger female couldn't really be discribed as pretty, but rather, Viviane wistfully decided, she was beautiful in an exotic, graceful way that the short, sturdily fox-like Viv knew she could never hope to achieve. The best she could hope for was "cute". If Viviane were less Viviane, she might have been jealous of the striking stranger, but she was too brightly dispositioned to fall into that way of thinking, and was quickly distracted from her politely-discrete perusal of her when the stranger said she was from the pack.

Instinctively Viv glanced over at the wall that delineated the boundary between home and the marsh. "Valhalla? Yes, I am. I was born there." She turned a bright smile on the stranger. "My name is Viviane Adravendi. Are you from around here?" Not having taken sentry on that particular side of the territory in the very brief period since they'd arrived, Viv was blissfully unaware of the new presence encroaching on Valhalla, and so didn't recognize the stranger's pack scent as any she knew.

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

Treat 2019
02-28-2020, 10:01 PM
Valhalla...so that was the name of that pack? She stored the name for later, though she figured Eligos might already know that information if they moved so close to them. The smaller girl also introduced herself as Viviane Adravendi, nether name she had really heard of before. "Ghost. And no, I'm not." She said simply. Not her true name of course, but the other didn't need to know that. Since she was feeling...apprehensive about this whole situation still, she figured it was safer to use her alias rather than her real name. While the smaller girl seemed innocent enough, that didn't completely help in making Ina feel relaxed or anything enough. She was way too used to being around her own that it was safe to say she didn't entirely know what to do with strangers when she was alone. Before, she was almost always under Malleus' shadow or near other Abraxas...like the big fiasco with the packs in the battlefield and the slave market. But here? She was on her own today..."Why is that wall there? Did you build it?" She asked finally, a bit of curiosity begging to ask.

Art

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

02-28-2020, 10:20 PM
The other wolf wasn't particularly friendly, but Viv figured she was just fearful of strangers and felt a warm wave of sympathy for the wolf. She knew how that felt, after the bizarre challenge Artur had dragged her and their siblings to she had been very nervous of strangers for quite some time, and hadn't even left the pack lands much. But time and a few good encounters had made the frightening specter of that youthful indiscretion all but fade away. She gave the older woman an encouraging smile. "It has been up since before I was born, the pack started in in my mother's time though we are always adding to it when we can. Its mostly a visual barrier so no one can pretend they didn't know our boundaries were there, but it'll be good for keeping pups in too so they can't wander. Its like... a solid version of our border markers," she told Ghost brightly. "I like it, its fun to find stones that work just right, and its unique. I don't think any other pack has tried it before." She cocked her head curiously at the other wolf. "Do you travel a lot, Ghost?"

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

Treat 2019
02-28-2020, 10:52 PM
Viv explained the wall to her, and Ina couldn't help but to peer over her head to look at the stone wall beyond. That was...smart. It made sense, too. Not only could outsiders not pretend they hadn't noticed the borders, but it helped to keep the young ones from wandering out into potential danger. She looked thoughtful for a few moments, wondering what else they used it for besides just marking the boundary and keeping pups inside. From her standpoint, it looked bigger than it needed to be for just those uses. So she chalked it up to a defensive thing as well. Which she couldn't blame them for..."I used to live in a place that was made of stone, just like that." She mused, a sudden pang of homesickness hitting her. And while it wasn't that long ago that they'd left, she had been missing it. Returning her gaze to Viv, pale gaze looked her in the eyes, her gaze somewhere in between hard and soft as she struggled with how she felt. "I do travel from time to time. But this is practically my first time around here...it's...different." Way different than what she was used to. Maybe being here would bring her out of her isolated little world...

Art

Viviane

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

03-01-2020, 02:47 AM
Viv's eyes widened in awe when Ghost explained that she'd lived in a place made of stones like the border wall was. "Like a whole den built above ground with rocks?" she asked, impressed. "I'd really like to see that someday, I bet it's amazing." Ghost went on to say that she did travel a lot, and that this area was different from what she was used to. Viv nodded. She'd never really seen much outside of the arid western region, except when she had gone to Abaven with Artur and Geoffrey, and that had been different for sure. She'd been shocked at the lush greenery of the east, even with the damage that the fire had caused in one of Abaven's lands. "What's it like where you grew up, Ghost?" she asked, dreamy curiosity coloring her tone. "I wish I was able to travel. Not that my pack wouldn't let me," she hastened to reassure her brand new friend. "I just always feel so guilty when I spend any time away."

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

Treat 2019
04-20-2020, 10:10 PM
"Like a whole den built above ground with rocks?" She thought about it for a moment before nodding. "Sort of. I think they said it was made by humans a long time ago, it has halls and rooms and all sort of things inside," she really did miss the security of the castle. Her viewpoint from the top was always one she would never forget. They could see anyone approaching from quite a distance, but now they claimed a lake and a ravine...while she was sure they had their uses, she sorely missed her stony home. "It was amazing. Especially the view from the top," She was starting to relax now. Though she doubted there was any threat from this sweet looking girl, it was the social aspect and the unknown that had kept her on edge. Viviane woilf continue to speak, asking her what it was like where she grew up and that she wished she could travel.

A brow dot rose, curiosity beginning to form in her. "Auster is different than here. It's smaller, and the seasons seemed to be the opposite of the seasons here. It's far enough away that we were the only pack there, and the volcano's eruption didn't reach us. I must admit, it was secluded...but I didn't know anything else. I was born and raised there, it's really quite pretty." She would admit, but then she felt embarrassed for saying so much at once. So instead of continuing, she turned the tables on Viv. "You should travel more, and not feel guilty about it. I had all the time in the world to travel here, but I didn't because I felt the same way in a sense. But the longer you hold yourself back, the less time there will be to see the world and then you'll end up like me." Unsure about the world beyond what she knew. Hesitant. Ignorant to the unknown...lonely. She didn't know anyone outside of her Abraxas family, and it was really a shame. "By that I mean don't let time slip you by. You're the first wolf I've met since coming here."

Art