An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
02-20-2020, 01:05 AM

The pit idea had been a terrible disappointment. Az and Asla worked their tiny butts off to dig that hole and line it with spears, and the very next day it had been filled in. He had an itching feeling that it was that brute of a wolf Resin who'd done it, but had no desire to directly accuse her of messing with his plans for murder and chaos.

Regardless of whether or not the plan succeeded, his sister did do her part in helping him with it. In return, he vowed to instill as much fear in the warlord alpha as he had in his daughter. Azure may have loved and looked up to his father dearly, though he knew somewhere in his heart that sometimes you had to stand up against those you loved to protect the others who held your heart. Asla did not deserve their father's wrath, and so he'd feel her pain and apologize, hopefully, otherwise Azure would bite him over and over again until he did so.

His heart pounded with anxiety as the pair snuck into the barracks. Azure had lead them through the water first so that their scents would be less noticeable. The pair had explained their plan to the cat companion their father kept, begging her for assistance in distracting the vulture. Bast was easily swayed by promises of belly rubs and cuddles, and agreed as long as the pups promised to remain in the territory.

They made it to their hiding spot without an issue. "I don't think anyone saw us." He whispered, moving up close to her. It was growing dark and inside the building was no light to see each other by. The pup lifted one bear paw and patted the air until he found her shoulder, then wrapping his arm around her and pulling her against him so he'd know where she was to protect her. "Don't worry, it's gonna be okay." He promised softly.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
02-20-2020, 01:30 AM
As Az had promised, a plan was hatched to make their father feel bad. ..Hopefully. Aslatiel had her doubts. Her father was not the man that she had believed him to be. He wasn't there to protect her. Not like Az or Indy or Mort were. He had shown that with his assault of her. She had held the giant wolf on a pedestal and he had broken her little heart.

With the help of Bast, the darling cat that Asla adored, she and Azure were able to sneak away without being seen by the vulture. Swimming through the water had been terrifying, but it was essential to mask their scents. Once they reached the barracks, the pair of wet puppies curled up together. Az pulled her close and Asla gratefully nestled in against him.

"I'm afraid, Az. What if he's mad? What if he hurts us?" The tiny, frightened wolf buried her head into the thicker fur of her brothers neck. "What if he doesn't understand? He can't be one of the bad wolves that he told me about. He just can't."
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
02-20-2020, 01:36 AM
Mortis stood behind his brother, watching him work with a naked curiosity and desire to join in, an expression that luckily his bear pawed brother could not see with his back to him. The winged wolf waited a moment as his brother worked, waiting for him to notice his presence. The humming had stooped, and Az had begun to work in silence. It took Mort longer then he cared to admit to realised Az wasnt oblivious, he had chosen to ignore him.

Anger burned in his stomach. Az had tried to KILL him, and what, now he was too cowardly to look Mort in the face? The anger steamed in him, and forced him to keep his calm for a little longer, before he stepped forward, grabbed a piece of wood, and began to strip it with quick, erratic movements of his saber teeth. "I want to make a deal with you." He said, not knowing that this very task was punishment for what Azure had done. "I wont ever tell nobody what you did, and Resin already promised to keep quiet, and in return, you tell me why."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
02-20-2020, 01:40 AM
It didnt take him long to realise that Azure and Asla had not been seen for a while. Worried the two had broken his rules and snuck out where danger could find them, the Warlord began to search. He prowled near the borders, looking for traces of their scents, he looked through the tall grass, and even sniffed around the willow tree he allowed Mort to think he had not found yet.

He enlisted Marshal and Bast, and when the two arrived to him the bird ruffled his feathers in agitation, and Bast licked a foot with exaggerated innocence. He ignored whatever fight the two had had - they would work it out together, and another time. Right now, he needed their help. Marshal began to search through the sky, and Bast combined the water edges with the worry the pups might have fallen in.

Basts searching was subpar at best, and as his worry grew, he would snap at the cat more then once. This was his _children_ they searched for, why couldnt she take it seriously? What had gotten into her? Normally she cared for their safety as much as he did.

Eventually he made his way past the barracks, and his ears would catch the sound of sound chittering and careful movement. He turned towards it, uncertain if it was the children - they where not normally so quiet - or some sort of rodent infestation.

He made his way slowly towards it, night had begun to fall and the building was cast deep in shadows. He arrived, and yanked open the door as quickly as he was able, to surprise who or whatever was inside before they could scurry away.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
02-20-2020, 01:52 AM

Asla curled into him, expressing her fears. What if he WAS mad? Az wasn't sure if he could handle another cuff from the man, but he was determined to take it if it were aimed at his sister. "He won't be mad, we wanted to make him afraid remember? You can't be afraid and mad." She continued, worrying that he was one of the bad wolves and Az didn't have an answer for that. He only wanted his little sister to feel safe in his arms, and if he admitted that their father might be one of the bad wolves then she'd be even more frightened.

His mouth opened to speak, but suddenly the door opened. It was fast, and before his eyes could adjust to the moonlight his father's form was staring down at them. Azure's arm slid off his sister instantly, his tiny body moving to put himself between the warlord and his daughter. "Don't move, or I bite you!" He warned, his voice becoming shrill at the threat.

Azure had no way of knowing what was coming next or whether he'd need to fight his beloved father or not. Just in case, he figured he'd be prepared. He widened his toes so that his curved claws would grip the ground harder - just in case Sirius delivered a thwack to try and toss him away from Asla - and his head lowered between his shoulders so he'd look more menacing. He could see only the silhouette of his father against the moonlight, and he considered for a moment that maybe Sirius couldn't see them either. Regardless, Azure felt stronger and scarier when he sunk into his battle pose and he hoped the energy would fill his voice so his father would quake in fear and his sister would feel just a little bit safer behind him.

His lips pulled up to reveal his growing saber fangs, and he growled as lowly as his not-yet mature voice could muster. "You made my sister feel so afraid! She didn't do nothing wrong and it wasn't fair! Now we're even and if you make her afraid again then we're just gonna have to make you afraid again!" The boy insisted, trying to project as much threat into his tone as possible. For good measure, he quickly added more. "We killed a rock today, and if we can kill a rock then we can do anything together! Even bite you."

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

02-20-2020, 02:09 AM
The girl had been about to speak further to her brother when the door banged open. The light from outside illuminated the form of none other than their father. It hadn't taken him long to find them. Asla wished he hadn't found them at all. Instant terror filled the child's veins like ice and she was unable to move:unable to breathe.

When Azure placed himself before her, his big body bristling, Asla couldn't even speak. She wanted to tell him that this was a bad idea. She wanted to apologize for getting him in trouble. She wanted to say a lot of things, but she could only move her eyes to take in the scene. The rest of her body refused to respond.

Sirius was too close. This was the closest she'd been since the day that he'd thrown her on the ground. The girl had taken to sleeping as far away from her father as she could when they were in the den. Most nights she would fall asleep outside by herself. He was too close. Much too close. Azure's words barely registered. All she could do was stand still, stare and wait for their father to hurt them.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
02-20-2020, 02:15 AM
Sirius looked from one pup to another - at least of what he could see of them - as Azure spoke. It didnt pass his notice how the larger boy moved in front of his sister as through to protect her... from him. It left a weird, sick feeling inside of him. Somewhere between horror and blood curdling anger. His eyes flashed with that anger for a moment, and he saw red. He hadnt felt such blinding rage since the day Zee had insulted Deathbelle in front of him. Back when he had thought her a worthless slave... back before he knew just how much she would change his life. Bast arrived at his feet, placing herself subtly between adult and pup as she looked up at him, her judging eyes on par with theirs, as through she also worried he would hurt them. She was larger then Azure, but still tiny before him. So easy would it be to swat her, to smaxk the living shit out of all of them.

"In doing this you have displayed you know WHY I was angry at her. Because I feared for her, because I wanted her safe. Why else would plan this in a way to make me think you where missing or hurt, In order to install that fear in me again." His exasperation leaked through, and the anger melted away to disappointment as he took a step back from the barracks, putting himself more in the moonlight as he gave them a path away from him - if they really did fear him and wanted to leave.

"I have always been honest with the both of you about why we have rules. And what they protect you from. I explained then to you, Asla, and you broke them anyway. You, who I thought understood me the best." He shook his head at them, he wasnt going to punish them, as much as he wanted. They where frightened of him, and it hurt very much to see it. Instead, he turned, and began to walk away before he could accidently give them another reason to fear his anger.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-20-2020, 02:26 AM

Asla didn't speak, but Az could feel her fear. It fueled him further, frustration flooding in and out of the pup in the only way he knew how to express it - by yelling, of course. His dad's words were still confusing, and not at all relating to the story Asla had told him on how she'd been shaken and thrown because she killed a chicken. The pup wasn't sure what to think, but he did know it felt good to get his feelings out.

"No dad!" He yelled to the alpha, his childish voice almost begging now. "This won't fix it! Please, don't be mad!" It was so frustrating, to want to help his sister so badly. He knew she didn't need to fear their father, but couldn't express why. Couldn't explain on his behalf why he'd frightened her so badly, even though he felt there must had been a reason.

He chased after his dad, placing himself strategically before the doorway so that Asla would have to push past him to escape if her fear overwhelmed her. That way, he could stop her. To make them both listen to each other. "You scared my sister." He repeated, voice becoming sad. "I know you didn't want to scare her, but you did. She thinks you're one of the bad wolfs. Show her you're not." The pup's fight had all but vanished. He was no longer a fierce protector standing up for his sister against a massive threat, he was a sad worried little boy who wanted his family to love each other forever.

His last ditch effort was to echo his own father's words, to somehow get him to understand by appealing to his own thought process. "It's not okay to hurt what's mine." Azure told him softly, as Sirius had told him before his own cuff. "Asla is my sister, and you hurt her heart. You have to say sorry, now."

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

02-20-2020, 03:38 AM
The anger in her father's eyes was evident but Asla couldn't even whimper. It was only when Bast put herself between Sirius and the pups that something clicked within her brain. If her father hurt the cat she would never forgive him. Bast was good and pure. She was protective and loving. Asla couldn't allow her to get hurt.

Slowly and tentatively, Aslatiel came around the side of the feline. Her shoulder touched Basts for comfort before she placed herself in the line of fire. Azure was much more confident. Much more angry. Asla's big eyes were still wide with shock and fear despite her position.

Her father's words and actions weren't at all what she expected. The girl existed to be shaken again or thrown out into the sand. Instead, Sirius expressed his disappointment and began to walk away. Az continued to explain to their father, but Asla felt that their mission had been accomplished. Her father had said he was afraid for her. She had been afraid too. They were both afraid.

Just as Azure was telling their father that Asla was his, the girl rushed past. She made a beeline for her father, wrapping her small body around one giant front paw. "I'm sorry, papa." The child's voice broke. "You're not one of the bad wolves. You're not." She clung tightly as though he would fade away if she loosened her grip. The girl needed her father. She wanted nothing more than for him to scoop her up and assure her that they would be okay again.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-20-2020, 03:45 AM
Azure raced after him, demanding an apology, and Sirius looked down at him in bewilderment and anger. Dammit, he didn't want to stay here well he was feeling such rage. He needed to walk it off, beat up some tigers or something. He didn't want to take it out on his kids for no reason other than they frustrated him. Teaching them a lesson was one thing, abusing them was a line he could never cross.

And yet, Azure barred him, and for that he would receive teeth, as Sirius bared his impressive fangs, just a touch. "No, Azure. Your sister broke the rules after I carefully explained them to her. She crossed the border when I told her that would put her at the mercy of others. I did not hurt her, but I showed her how easy it would be for others to. No. You, I hurt, for what you did, for it was so much worse, and you do not fear me. If Asla fears me for the punishments she might receive in life, if I must have her hate me for this, then that is a burden I will have no choice but to bear. I will keep you safe, for you are mine, and of my heart. Azure. I will not apologize for ensuring her safety." his voice was turning into a growl again, he needed to leave.

He moved to step around Aure, when Asla came running towards him, wrapping her tiny body about his paw. Something in Sirius broke, whatever kept his rage in place, as he felt it flood away more easily than he ever had before. He near-abouts melted with relief, as he wrapped a paw about her, and dragged her in close. “My little Star-flower” he murmured, kissing the top of her head. Azure, who he had almost stepped around, was in grabbing distance, and Sirius grabbed the boy, and dragged him into his embrace as well, kissing his head. “I love the both of you, I love you more than I can ever say.”

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-20-2020, 03:56 AM

Azure was doing his absolute best to mediate this properly, but his father's will was stronger then his own. When he bared his teeth to his son, Azure ducked instinctively. His cerulean eyes burned up at the man silently, begging him to understand. Did he frustrate mom this much, too? He didn't have time to respond again, to bite his dad like he wanted to for being so stubborn.

His sister pushed past her and he leaped off after her trying to interrupt the escape attempt, and Azure paused when she barreled into Sirius' arm. He skittered to a stop, watching the two carefully. Asla was trying, and Az was so proud of her. If their dad's response was anything other than a hug and unconditional love, Az knew he'd bite the cruel beast.

The sweetness in Sirius' voice was unexpected, and he wrapped his daughter in an embrace and hugged her. Az shuffled his feet awkwardly, feeling proud that it had worked out but also uncomfortable watching their moment. It didn't take long for their father to grab him as well, and he squeaked out a mild protest as he too was hugged. "We love you too." He responded softly, leaning his head against his father's thick fur and aiming a small smile towards his sister. He still didn't apologize to her, but Az decided he could forgive him for now. Especially seeing as he didn't announce the flying situation in front of Asla.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

02-20-2020, 04:13 AM
The world itself seemed to breathe a sigh of relief as Sirius silently released his anger into the night sky. The small girl clenched her eyes tight and refused to let go. Only when her father whispered his love for her on a name did she breathe her own sigh of relief.

The giant man embraced his daughter and a moment later Azure was pulled into the embrace too. Aslatiel felt complete. The hole in her heart was instantly sealed. All it had taken was that one embrace.

"I'm so sorry, papa." She said again, her voice still soft and wavering. The daddy's girl had been shattered to pieces without him. Whatever he wanted from her from now on, she would do. Whatever rules he laid down, she would follow. No dying rabbit was worth a repeat of this pain.

Azure managed to catch her attention and he smiled at her. Though her father was embracing her, Aslatiel wiggled in his grip so that she might pull her brother into an embrace of her own. "Thanks, Az." She whispered, her forehead against his neck. "You saved the day."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-20-2020, 04:19 AM
Azure didn’t seem totally happy about it, but he accepted the embrace, and repeated the words of love back to him. Sirius let out a long, happy sigh, expelling any lingering dark emotions. There had been a time when only Zee could calm him, but now it seemed these little lives… well, Asla, at least, had inherited that same ability.

He held them tight to him, pressing them into his coat like he never wanted to let go. He knew there was always going to be arguments, disagreements, maybe even moments of hate between family members. He was going to hold tightly to this one, this moment of love between them, and let a sentimentality he never would have felt before, grip him. “For what it's worth, I’m sorry I scared you.” he whispered, the words not just to Asla, but Azure too. He was sure the little boy, no matter how fiercely he had stood up to the Warlord, had felt fear as well. Azure was… he was strength, and determination, he was a wolf who wouldn’t give in to his fear easily. Every day the knowledge of what kind of heir Azure would make, seemed to grow more clear.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-20-2020, 04:32 AM

Asla's added squeeze was incredibly comforting, and Azure let out a soft sigh of relief as her face pressed against his neck. "I'll always take care of you." He vowed quietly, eyes sliding shut to enjoy the embrace. He didn't need to bite his father after all, as the titan offered up his apology at last. Azure didn't need it, but he needed it for Asla's sake. To know that she'd always feel safe in their father's shadow, as he did. He'd found it hard to fear his dad, somehow understood that the rough handling was not out of malice but out of learning. "Thanks." He offered Sirius, voice heavy with what was either relief or excessive tiredness. It had gotten very late, and Azure's adrenaline was dwindling. His eyes did not reopen, and he drifted off into a restful sleep in his father and sister's arms.

-exit via sleeps have fun carrying him home, dad-

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

02-20-2020, 04:42 AM
The trio clung to one another in silence for a long while. Azure's declaration that he would always take care of her made the girl feel warm and safe. Eventually her brother fell asleep. It seemed as though the events if the day had taken their toll on him. Asla, however could not sleep. Gently, she peeled herself away from Azure and her father.

Her voice was soft as she looked up to the man that she could safely love again. "I know I was wrong. I'll do better, papa." There was adoration in those brilliant, purple eyes. Words couldn't express how much she had missed the titan that was her father. He had proven that he wasn't one of the bad wolves.

Rising, she motioned towards Tall Grass Plains. "Let's go home, papa." The tiny girl would walk back home beside her father. He had mended the heart that he had broken and all was right in the world.

-exit-

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-20-2020, 04:47 AM
He looked across at Asla, the disappointment in his face had been replaced with a pride so strong it could almost be fanatical. “Your the best, little Star-Flower” he whispered, and meant it. A father should definitely not pick favourites. A father can not have favourites… he had a feeling he would be repeating that mantra to himself a lot for the rest of his life.

“Good idea” he said, still whispering over the sleeping body of his boy. His strong little Heir. not that Azure knew it yet. He picked the boy up very carefully in his maw by his scruff, working hard not to jostle him. With his mouth full of pup, he could hardly speak, but he looked over at his daughter every now and then, and his eyes seemed to grin at her.