Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
02-29-2020, 11:06 AM

The distance she had traveled this day was far under what she had really anticipated. It seemed like every interaction she had stumbled into since she came to these lands had been a thought provoking and mind dealing one and it was more than enough to wear on someone who’s mind was already so worn. The ebony woman was wandering slowly and aimlessly as her thoughts reeled and she finally made herself attempt to process it all. When she left her former home she had only been thinking of her physical well being and preservation - she hadn’t realized that her mental state would be the thing standing in her way from moving on.

She came to a stop when she reached a small stream that meandered though what was an otherwise wide open field of greenery. The sun had begun to set several hours ago and now only painted the sky with a deep red and violet as the moon took over the sky. The various colors of light reflected in the water and for a moment she stood there appreciating the patterns and hues on the gently moving water. In a way it was a nice reprieve from the otherwise constant bombardment she received from her thoughts. Tamsyn settled on her haunches on the bank of the stream, catching her own reflection in the water so that her own mint gaze was staring back at her. The deep scar that marked her cheek drew her attention and her ears settled back onto her skull with a soft sigh. It seemed like there was just always something to remind her, something to ruin her peace.

Asgeira

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Fox
03-01-2020, 01:03 PM

Aggie and Ylva had woken to a morning well underway and began traveling later than intended, following the stream roughly northward in search of new herbs and interesting sites. They paused briefly for water and then once more as Aggie caught herself a fat game hen. The brief rest they took while she ate her prize was enough to revitalize the pair, and neither was keen to stop again even after the sun had set. Night brought an almost ethereal bliss to the grasslands here. The sky was clear and dark overhead, an the warm summer wind had cooled somewhat but rustled amongst the grass all the same. Aggie found herself letting her eyes fall shut for several lengths when she knew the path was straight and clear ahead of her, letting her mind drift along with their hissing whispers. The air was rich with the smell of soil and grasses warmed by the bygone sunlight. A peacefulness such as this could be felt deep within her soul, and Aggie found herself soothed.

Ylva seemed similarly affected. The red panda perched atop her shoulders in her usual stance was unusually quiet and tame, content to hunker down with her thoughts. They passed several hours in quiet contemplation, no goal or destination in mind. It wasn't until Aggie caught sight of a resting figure ahead that her paws slowed to a stop. It was a shadowy figure, canine for sure and nearabouts her size. Beyond that Aggie couldn't glean much, except that it was still and quiet. She wavered a moment, unsure if it would be better to leave the stranger to their business or announce herself, so as not to startle or alarm them if her passage was noticed. As Aggie was hardly shy of social interaction, she opted for the latter.

The healer cleared her voice, a low and subtle sound, just enough to make her presence known and hopefully not such a jarring sound that it would startle. She walked a length or two closer before sitting down herself, still a good ways away. She didn't want the stranger to feel as if she was trying to close the gap between them or cause her any harm. And it was a her, Aggie could tell that much by now. Dark pelt without much adornment, not old and yet not young either. A fascinating specimen, if she were to venture an opinion. "Good evening," she began, then cast her gaze skyward towards the stars. "It's a lovely night. I don't mean to disturb you, I was just headed upstream and didn't want to startle you. I myself am not a fan of unusual rustlings in the tall grass if I can't put a face to the sound." She flashed the other woman a tight smile, genuine but bland. The sort of smile lent to a stranger. She wanted to ask if the woman was alright; her ears had been pinned when she'd first sighted her. Then again it seemed a bit invasive given that she didn't even know the shewolf's name, and had every intention of passing on through, perhaps never seeing her again. It wasn't as if she was bleeding out, and there was only so much a healer could do, right?

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
03-02-2020, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2020, 10:04 PM by Tamsyn.)

The gentle sound of someone clearing their throat made her ears lift once more and had her eyes dart up to see who it was that made the sound. Her gaze landed on a pretty female that seemed to have all sorts of decorations among her fur from feathers to some kind of pale blue markings. She also seemed to have a red creature perched on her shoulders, but it wasn’t one that Tamsyn was familiar with. So far it seemed like everyone that she had come across in Boreas was incredibly interesting whether it was unusual markings, colors, or features. It made her feel unexpectedly plain with her simple black pelt that was only disrupted by her various scars.

Had they come across each other a few days prior Tamsyn would have been much more startled, but the miles she had put under paw had done wonders for her nerves. It didn’t keep her from being at least a little wary of the new stranger, but at least she was able to not jump at the initial contact. ”Good evening,” she replied with a small nod, lifting her head a bit to turn more fully toward her new acquaintance. She returned the woman’s small smile, a little surprised at the explanation for why she had approached her to begin with. Tam wondered if the roles were reversed, would she have done the same? Or would she have given her a wide birth and hoped that she wouldn’t be noticed as she had typically done when she came across other wolves? ”I appreciate that, it’s very considerate of you. I can’t say I’m a fan of unexpected rustling either.”

She gave the water’s surface a brief glance, catching a flash of her pale eyes from her reflection as she considered what to do next. Part of her just wanted to wish the stranger a good night and let her go on her way. The only thing that made her hesitate was the fact that the last few times she had indulged in keeping company it had actually done her a good bit of good. Gathering up her nerve, she looked back to the pale tan and gray female with another gentle smile. You said you were heading up stream, right? Would you mind someone walking with you? I was about to head that way myself. I won’t bother you too long, my den is just up that way a bit.”