size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
03-02-2020, 04:12 PM

There just wasn't enough room in the den. Aslatiel not only felt stifled, but now that she had her new hobby, she needed room to work. So, like the big girl that she was, she put on her stern face and sought out her mother. Mom had the final say in things like this, right? Dad would probably tell her no. Asla had the feeling that he wanted to keep her close and have her be a baby forever. But, dammit... she wasn't a baby. She was three whole months old!

On stiff legs, Aslatiel stalked towards where her mother sat outside the den. The serious look on her face, Aslatiel stared hard at her mother as she stopped before her. "Mom, I want my own den." Bottom lip jutting out sternly, Aslatiel thought that she looked as serious as she felt. Her creamy brows furrowed as she waited for her mother's reaction.

"Speech"
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
03-04-2020, 11:13 AM
When Asla stalked over to her mother, Zee's eyes tightened slightly. What was it now? She was still recovering from the issue with Mortis, but knew it wasn't fair to take it out on her other children. She inhaled a stabilizing breath, letting it out and giving her daughter a small smile. There wasn't even time to ask what it was Asla needed, as the girl firmly stated her intentions off the bat. Zee's brow raised, though she tried to keep a calm expression. "I see." Her response came. She let it hang in the air for a few beats as if she was thinking about it, and then prodded further. "Why do you think you need your own den?" Empathy came easy to Zee, and so she did her best to show her daughter that she was paying her her full attention and not writing off her wishes as foolish pup dreams.

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

03-04-2020, 11:23 AM
Something was obviously bothering her mother. There was a tightness in her features. Maybe the girl imagined it, but her mother looked older somehow. She wanted to ask what was wrong, but Zee answered her request with a question of her own. Fluffy ears tucked against her skull. Asla was a little embarrassed to show her mother. She didn't know if others would think that her new hobby was silly. How was she supposed to get her own space if she didn't explain why she needed it? "Hold on," said the girl before passing away to rummage in the corner of the den.

Carefully, Aslatiel rolled out a huge piece of deer skin, placing it before her mother. It took up a lot of space and she had to tiptoe around it to come back to her mother's side. "I'm making a map." She pointed out the different spots drawn on the skin. "These are the big stars in the sky. I don't know their names, or if they even have names, so I'm naming them as I go." With one claw, she pointed to a large circle with a head and teeth drawn next to it. "This is the biggest. I named it Sirius after dad. And this one, " She pointed to another star on the other side, "is Zee, because it looks like it glows blue." There were other stars and pictures, but she figured her mother understood.

Aslatiel cast imploring eyes up to her mother. "They aren't very good now, but they will be. I just need space to work and get better. And I need supplies. Colors, skins, charcoal." It was obvious that this was important to her.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
03-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Zee waited patiently as Asla excused herself to go collect something. She watched with interest, but did not say a word while the pup explained her hobby. Her smile widened, becoming more genuine as the girl mentioned the names she'd given the stars she'd already charted. Zee laughed softly, lifting a paw to ruffle the top of Asla's head with affection. "These are amazing, sweetheart." She complimented as she inspected the maps. The overly-stressed mother was pleased that at least one of her children had found a harmless hobby that wouldn't end in danger. "I can see how hard you worked on them, I'm very proud. Your father and I will get you any supplies you need."

Zee wanted to help Asla, and was determined to see her succeed in her new hobby. There was however still the pup's request to consider, and as much as Zee wanted to be supportive she knew that the girl was too young to have her own den. "I'm not ready for you to leave yet." She told her daughter honestly, trying to twist it so she did not appear to insult Asla's growth by saying that she was not ready. "Though we can compromise. You can have your very own room in the den, large enough for all your maps. If you need it extended, your father would be happy to do that."

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

03-17-2020, 02:19 AM
Bashfulness turned to pride as the child's mother ruffled the top of her head and offered her praise. Asla beamed, her little tail swishing happily back and forth. She'd been doing these things based off of an idea in her head. Having some validation was nice. It made her want to continue with her hobby. Zee stated that she and Sirius would get her whatever supplies she needed. "Oh, thank you, Momma! I need so many colors! If I can make the maps look like the sky, then it will be easier to connect the map with the stars above!" She'd thought this out, it was obvious.

Her mother's first words in response to the den made her think that Zee would outright refuse her request. Her mom wasn't ready for her to leave the den. That meant that she couldn't have her own space. Ah, but then she offered a compromise. Asla wasn't so young that she didn't understand the art of meeting half way. As the horned woman offered her terms, the girl furrowed her brow. She thought it over and eventually nodded her head. "It's fair. I accept." Her gaze softened and she leaped forward to give her mother a hug. "Thanks, Momma."