size
Large
build
Medium
player
TeFiti

04-12-2020, 05:08 PM

Odette Mooncrest

After being dragged over half the territory by her runaway chick, Odette was beyond grateful when the sight of her little den came into view. Home sweet home!  The female almost had a skip in her step, and had she been traveling alone, she just might have leaped into the air in celebration. But as the fawn woman peered over her shoulder, gazing at the brute who towered over her form, she smiled softly. Killian Klein was a most admirable warrior and quickly becoming one of Odette's favorite accidental run-ins. Without his help after all, Dash would most likely have run past the pack border and out of Odette's reach, lost to the wilderness, bound to be ingested by the hoards of predators that lurked just beyond. Though some of those predators seemed to adore lurking past the borders and jumping into the hen house, feasting on the poor woman's helpless birds. Odette may appear as a bigger predator to such creatures, but the moment any one of them turned to fight back, she was helpless! A lover, not a fighter, she was.

Tossing a joyful grin over her side, Odette called out to the male in a cheery voice; "We're here! The hen house will be on the other side of the den." Just close enough that she could keep an ear out while she attempted to sleep, but far enough away that the rooster didn't deafen the woman during his morning calls. The hen house, compiled of harvest wood logs and thick pine branches, was planted firmly in the ground, with a sliding door to allow the chickens in and out each day and night. The fence, which often was invaded by predators, composed of smaller wooden branches that crossed and twisted together to form posts and layered fences. It wasn't much but Odette struggled as it was just to haul large logs from the Sea's Plain into the Tall Grass, being the small woman that she was.

When they got closer Odette motioned her head towards the makeshift fire pit outside her den. "I'll grab one of the birds I defeathered this morning and get to cooking. Have you had one before?" Perhaps the warrior had already tasted the fine meat from the preserves she brought to the pack center, and if so, Odette would be happy to cook to his preference. If not, the fawn female thought about some of the herbs she had stacked on the shelves in her den, wondering which would add the best flavor. Of course she was nervous to have company over, as it had been quite some time since she had anyone to speak to other than the alphas and their brood of little devils.

"Speech"

Table by Sea
Art by Fox
Odette has a Sand Cat companion named Cordonia, and a Welsummer Rooster named Dash. Unless mentioned, it is safe to assume they are not  with her. 

Killian 2

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
karabearrr

04-12-2020, 06:35 PM

Killian

As they arrived Killian allowed his vibrant gaze feast upon the woman's home. He was immediately impressed by the work and thought that obviously went into such a den. His home was nothing but an old Fox hole that he dug out to fit his rather large form. Killian managed to fill it with emergency supplies, furs, and a few keep sakes. All in all his little home paled in comparison. But that did not bother him much for he had never been one for refurbishing.

Odette instructed him as to where the hen house was and Killian offered a light nod in her direction. The Warrior padded towards the fenced in area and plopped the runaway chick back into it's rightful home. He wrinkled his nose slightly as Dash seemed to be rather defeated, "No more shenanigans." With a small snort the Wolf sauntered back towards the woman who called to him. Killian raised a brow as her scanned over the fire pit and thought over her question. "I' have never had cooked meat before." Killian took a seat near the fire pit as she sought out the components for dinner. "Dash is safe and sound in the hen house. Did you need any help with further securing the fencing? I am not too good with intricacies but I can do some heavy lifting if you ever need it."

"Speech"

Odette I

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
TeFiti

04-12-2020, 09:52 PM

Odette Mooncrest

It came as a small surprise to hear the warrior had not eaten cooked meat before, though the woman understood that was sometimes viewed as more of a hassle than a delicacy among some wolves. Either way, Odette would be pleased to share her few skills for the warrior who aided her. "Well, perhaps you're in for a treat then!" She chirped before ducking into her den to grab some of her collected herbs and spices. While rummaging through her shelves, the fawn woman kept her ears in tuned with Killian's voice, smiling softly when he offered to help with the hen house. "I just might have to take you up on that! I'm sure you could tell the coup needs mending. Those filthy coons keep tearing right through anything I put up. Probably because it was the biggest thing I could lug over." Odette would call out, sighing to herself as she plucked a hanging chicken from her ceiling and set it down to get to work. The woman would work quickly to prepare the bird, only using a few ingredients to give the bird an extra pop. Once she was finished, Odette would quickly grab the meat and bring it out to the fire bit.

"Killian, do you mind if I ask you a bit more about your work? I honestly have very few ideas about what a warrior...even is." It could be entirely possible that warriors were just as she imagined; big, muscular males with violent tendencies. But meeting Killian showed her quite the opposite; he surely had the big and muscular part down, but there was no sense of danger around him. No violent impulses to be noted. The pale woman would peak glances towards the man while she started the fire, trying to see if there were any signs of anger or resentment, any battle scars she could clearly note. It was hard to see any, but perhaps they were still there, obscured from her view. Nonetheless, Odette would continue to work on getting the bird cooked, enjoying the feeling of having company.

"Speech"

Table by Sea
Art by Fox
Odette has a Sand Cat companion named Cordonia, and a Welsummer Rooster named Dash. Unless mentioned, it is safe to assume they are not  with her. 

Killian 2

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
karabearrr

04-15-2020, 11:08 PM

Killian

Killian watched the fire flicker as the Royal Handmaiden continued her work. Their interaction had a sense of warmth to it. Since coming to Boreas he hadn't experienced someone doing something for him. The male had met a few Wolves, helped some of them out, but mostly got nothing in return. He was accustomed to thankless work for it was his day to day duty. But, it was refreshing for someone to thank him with an action and not a word. It was something he would never expect but would welcome. Killian would not allow this encounter to shape his view on the world though. As a Warrior he would do his duty and not allow his heart to go soft. The day would come that he would have to put his life on the line for his pack and there would likely not be a warm cooked meal waiting for him afterwards.

After consuming her supple voice Killian offered her a nod, even though she wasn't even in view yet. "I can help you out. Perhaps we could also make some traps for the pesky coons as well. Or even make some sort of herbal concoction that will ward them off." He was aware of certain herbs that emitted scents that other animals couldn't bare. Perhaps Odette knew of some or Iolaire could help. Back home the Druids were very good at concocting a potion or mixture for just about anything. - Killian perked up slightly, "My brother Elphias may know of something as well." He hadn't seen much of the pale healer in passing weeks. Maybe this would be a chance to catch up.

The freshly seasons chicken smelled nearly intoxicating as the gal brought it out. Killian couldn't help but to run a hungry pink tongue against eager teeth. His attention was quickly stolen by Odette again with an inquire, which ceased his dreams of food for now. She asked of his work which made him raise a brow. "My duty is to give myself to the Armada as a vessel of war. At all times I am to be prepared to protect the pack; that could mean battle, looking tough, and much more. But, on the daily basis I spend my time patrolling the borders, fending off greedy predators, and training to maintain tip top physical shape." All in all the Warrior life had it's exciting moments but was mundane for the rest of the time. "I've been on extra alert as of late due to the royal pups being born. More patrols to ensure their saftey." No one had instructed him to do so but he only felt it was right. The pups were not of his blood but they were of his Warlords and that's who he gave an oath to upon joining the Armada.

Killian watched her for a moment before speaking once again, "Tell me more of this Handmaiden business."

"Speech"

Odette I

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
TeFiti

04-15-2020, 11:52 PM

Odette Mooncrest

Setting traps was once on her mind as well, but she never would have thought to mix a herbal remedy to solve her pest situation. It made sense, seeing as certain herbs held various potent abilities; some of the scented nature, and some of the toxin kind. "That would be fun! Take the fight to them, finally." She would chuckle, eyeing the edge of her land with a touch of an evil glint in her eye. Though Odette lacked such detailed knowledge of herbs, she was sure one of the more experienced healers in the pack would have a clue as to which herbs got along well together. Before she could even guess which wolf to turn to, Killian mentioned he had a sibling with the knowledge she would seek. Odette was surprised, she had no idea Killian had family around, though when she thought back on the infamous Klein empire... perhaps that was not such a surprise after all. Intrigued, Odette tilted her head towards the male. "I didn't know you had a brother. Is he here in the Armada? Do you think he would help?" The fawn woman quickly bit her cheek before she unleashed any more questions on the poor man, though she had plenty left. The warrior was here as her guest, not to be treated like some captive being tortured and questioned.

With the chicken settled nicely over the fire, Odette relaxed back onto her haunches just as Killian began to describe the meaning of being a warrior. Cerulean blue eyes stared intently on the male, with the flames of the fire dancing in their reflection. Much to her dismay, it seemed the life of a warrior was as dark and troubled as she would fear it to be. A vessel of war... It was a phrase that held such violent intent and yet the male before her seemed nothing but kind and friendly. So how could he go from the Killian he was now, to this Vessel of War for the Armada? Was there a switch? A bottom he pressed in his mind space to morph his morals into that of a raging beast? No. Odette would remind herself not to think so harshly on it. It was his job, his duty, and he seemed proud to do it. The creamy woman could respect that much. "Ah, well you certainly look the part. I just hope if your day comes to protect us, someone will be out there to protect you too." He was apart of this pack too, was he not? If warriors were sworn to protect their pack mates, Killian would be included, right?

When mention of Sirius's brood came into play, the handmaiden could not help but smile as the fond memories of their youngest days came rushing back. The tiny, helpless, wiggling forms squirming closer and closer to their mother's side. Now the pups were blood thirsty killers, out to hunt down and murder the biggest or smallest threat. Odette laughed as she recalled the princess's story involving her coop and a nasty predator. "That's very honorable of you, but have you met the little rascals? They're so drawn to battle, you should be worrying about the coons safety." The woman would giggle some more as she tended to the bird, noting how the outside had turn a light golden, but was needing more time to cook through. Suddenly, she was asked about her job as well, and the slave had to think about it for a moment before she could formulate and answer. She would stare into the coals of the fire, thinking back on her journey since arriving to the Armada... on accident... that one day. It had been a long journey indeed.

"I was given the position when I was taken... as a slave.. back when the packs were in the dunes. The queen found me after Sirius had captured me, and demanded I was hers. Since then, I have done a wide range of duties; from tending to the queen, her brood, the pack, and my most recent accomplishment, the chickens." It was not a very exciting life in comparision to the warrior's, nothing honorable or magnificent about her chores. But Odette loved her story so far, as it gave her the chance to rise rather than any other. "I won't always be a handmaiden, though. I am hopeful to one day prove my place in the pack because.. no matter what the circumstances of my coming here, I have grown to love my home, and I have grown to love the wolves I share it with. I would do anything within my power for them." Who was this woman speaking just now? Odette did not even recognize her own words after they spilled out so honestly. Clearing her throat nervously, Odette quickly inspected the bird before clicking her tongue happily. "Finished! Just be careful, it'll be hot." She warned as she set the cooked bird on a flat stone beside the fire.

"Speech"

Table by Sea
Art by Fox

Killian 2

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
karabearrr

04-16-2020, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 02:05 AM by Killian 2.)

Killian

It seemed like his ideas peaked her attention. Honestly it all sounded like a nice cause to invest his free time into. Lugging material to assist in repairs would improve his physique while tampering with traps and herbs would improve his mental functions. Plus, the addition of spending more time with a beautiful she-wolf didn't sound bad at all. Truthfully it sounded like a win win. His thoughts were interrupted by her cheery tones of agreement. Killian figured they would continue on with ideas at a later date or time. Hopefully the hens would be fine for the time being so he could enjoy the meal and company.

Since coming to Boreas Killian hadn't really spoken about himself. Perhaps that was why he went on about his rank with such passion. Day to day was spent doing his duties, small talk, and maybe the occasional flirting. But, Odette was the first Wolf to inquire about his personal life in a long while. Even Killian could appreciate that. "Elphias is a healer here in the Armada, im sure he would help if he isn't too busy. We look nothing alike so if you met him you probably wouldn't realize we were siblings." Elphias was nearly fully albino except some light grey patches in places. Their Klein genes did a toll on the boy but he seemed to work with it. "My other siblings are missing still. Though, I do have a lot of other relatives in the Empire." He assumed Odette was aware of the Klein name but maybe Zee kept a tight leash on the slave. "Do you have family here Boreas?"

Odette settled into a seated position as the chicken went over the flame. She seemed captivated by his explanation and offered her own input. Her comments made him think to those that would have his back. Sirius was a extremely prominent warrior but who else would be there on the frontlines? Killian was aware of some of the other pack members but he didn't know any of them. Would they risk their lives as he would for them? The slate beast tensed slightly before allowing slightly more serious eyes to flick towards the flame. "I hope so as well. It is just one of those things you have to find out the hard way. Who has the spine for war and who doesn't." Or who was loyal and who wasn't. Killian was a trained warrior with honor ingrained into him from a young age. He was one to go down with the ship, but were others?

Odette tended to the bird after commenting on the royal spawn. It was true the pups did seem to have a thirst for thrill. But, most did when they were born with everything laying at their paws. They didn't know any sort of real struggle so they had plenty of time to yearn for excitement. Hopefully it would stay that way as well, which was why he did his duty. "I' haven't met them but I have seen them running a muck." They were crazy pups but pleasant nontheless. It was always nice to have a pack bustling with new life. It made him dream of a day he may have his own offspring to run through the plains. Killian surely doubted it would ever happen for his life lacked much of any sort of true romance. Only fleeting flirtation.

The explanation of her role in the pack interested Killian quite a bit. His blue eyes were trained on her smaller form. For some reason Killian felt a pang of pain in his chest as she spoke the word slave. Never before did he have issues with servitude. The Klein male welcomed it even. Every Wolf had their purpose. But, the idea of Odette having a metaphorical chain wrapped around her neck bothered him. She was a nice and very free spirited Wolf, as well as beautiful. Killian hurt to think she would never have the ability to run across the border and experience what the rest of Boreas has to offer. - His thoughts shifted as she explained that she wouldn't always be a handmaiden. It made him feel a bit better. She seemed to truly be happy and love her home which was good to hear. But, knowing that she wasn't free still bothered him ever so slightly nontheless. To think, if Odette ever wished to run away it could be him to stop his friend from escaping. 'And I would. "I am glad to know you have found solace within your position in the pack. The Queen is a lucky lady to have you at her side, Odette." Killian flashed a sparkly ivory smile as his attention was turned to the cooked bird.

Belly rumbles and a salivating mouth came as the Chicken cooled on the stone. His eyes were trained on it but he knew if he dove in too quickly he'd end up burning himself. The male swallowed back the urge to rip the thing to shreds and looked towards Odette, "Where did you learn to cook?" He looked back towards the chicken and gave in to his temptation. Lips curled upward in a silent snarl as he gripped a leg and ripped it from the rest of the chicken. Steam flew from the tender meat as he plopped it on the ground in front of him and began to pick at it. Trying to be polite since it's not just some prey he freshly caught and he was in the presence of a pretty lass. The meat tasted like nothing he had ever had before and he consumed the chicken leg with ease, licking the bone clean. Killian looked up to Odette with hungry eyes, "This is delicious! Thank you." The thought of having something like this on the daily basis entered his mind. Maybe he could learn how to cook or perhaps they could trade. Killian protects and helps fix the hen house and in return she makes him delicious food. It was something that sounded wonderful but he would never ask for anything in return. The company and busy work was enough to peak his interest alone.

"Speech"

Odette I

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
TeFiti

04-16-2020, 03:06 AM

Odette Mooncrest

While the woman knew that the Kleins rules over the empire, she could count on one paw just how many Kleins she had actually met. Killian, by far, is the only one she really had the opportunity to get to know. So while he spoke of his brother, the differences in their appearance, his profession and position here in the Armada... she could almost fool herself into thinking she was glimpsing into the lives of their rulers. That somehow, the bond between Killian and Elphias could represent the relationship between Ashen and the Armada, the behavior between all the other Kleins. But some where deep within Odette knew this would not be the case, not for all of them at least. A tinge of sadness crept over the woman at the mention of Killian's litter mates being lost, the unknown probably more horrible than knowing. "I am sorry to hear of their disappearance. I hope they are alright. Perhaps you will find them one day soon." It was her best attempt at reassuring the male, though without knowing when or how the others went missing, she would lack any true understanding. When asked of her own kin, Odette laughed nervously, tearing her gaze from his piercing blue orbs and into the sky. "No. My family was small to begin with, and for what ever reason, we grew apart quickly. I... probably couldn't even find them even if I wanted to."

Gosh.. how long had it been since the woman even thought of her past life? Of her family she had left behind? Of the embarrassing daughter she used to be? They would get a kick out of seeing me now, that's for sure. The failure daughter, runaway to make something of herself, made it to slavery within a fortnight. It was almost amusing, if not painfully ironic. Odette would sigh low, letting the thoughts of the past leave her with every breath. She was in a better place, even if it was slavery. She was in better company, even if they weren't blood. She had a home, even if it was far from her homeland. That was proof of something. Pulling her mind from her thoughts, Odette plunged herself back into the conversation, listening as Killian seemed to ponder deeply on her words. Offering a small smile, Odette would nudge the male with her paw. "Well... I may not be a warrior... or a fighter really.. but I'd do my best to have your back if no one else did." It probably wouldn't comfort the man, and in a real situation, her presence would most likely be more of a hinder than a help, but she hoped that her message was clear. Killian would never fight alone.

Hearing that he had not met the pups came as a bit of a surprise to Odette. There were so many of them, each with unmistakable markings and colors, it would be hard to miss them. But perhaps that was for the best... while the kids had good hearts... somewhere, they were a great deal to handle. "Perhaps you will meet them soon. They come around my hen house often as it is, I'm sure with all the plans to keep you around, you'll run into them too." She almost felt guilty accepting the warrior's help, but at the same time, a bit of her wanted to be selfish for a change. To have the company of a wolf rather than her feline company, and to be able to get real work done. Real progress! Something the fawn woman hadn't had the chance to do in a long time. "Hope your den isn't far. I'd hate to keep you working all day just to walk over half the territory to get home. We could always set you up with a temporary hole here, while we were working that is." It would take time to achieve all of their goals, but Odette was hopeful they could achieve it all. It would only be a matter of when, and hopefully before winter set in. The crispness in the air was not missed as the sun began to settle in the distance, but the warmth of the fire warmed the woman's fur as she subconsciously inched closer.

Cerulean eyes watched as a handsome smile brushed across the male's features as he spoke in regard to her position. It use to be hard for Odette to admit she was a slave, not only to others but to herself as well. But in time Zee taught her that the handmaiden was a friend of the Queen, and to this day her words rang true. Zee was one of Odette's dearest friends, and if giving up her position as a handmaiden would endanger that bond in any way, Odette knew she would refuse. She gave a small dip of her chin as she grinned at the warrior. "Thank you, Killian." How odd was it that she had run into this brute just that morning, on a wild chase for her runaway Dash, and now saying his name was almost as easy as saying her own. It rolled off her tongue with ease, like the name no longer was associated with that of a stranger, but rather a friend. All in a days work! She would hum to herself, proud to have met another pack mate and had achieved so much already.

As the bird was laid out, Odette would be asked about her cooking, to which she giggled, shaking her head. "My mother, waaaay back in my early days. She would love to cook big meals like this after a long days work. It brought the family closer together, even for just a meal." The magic behind cooking a meal rather than just hunting down a prey and devouring it on the spot, was that it meant a great deal more to have someone take the time and effort to prepare it. It was one of the only signs of affection Odette witnessed within her family. That didn't mean the woman wouldn't scarf down a hare if she was starving, but it meant that when time could be taken to cook a meal, she would do so. Once the steam seemed to settle over the bird, Odette would let the warrior take the first bite as she attempted to not stare. However, she was eager to hear his reviews on her cooking, and a bit of fear swelled in her stomach as she ripped off a chunk of meat for herself. Carefully, the woman would look up under her long lashes, and peak at Killian. It seemed every time she did so, more and more meat would be gone, and no complaint had yet to be made. But was that because the warrior was being polite? Or was it because the food was to his liking?

Finally, with his bone licked clean, Killian's words would grace the fawn woman's ears, and he seemed to genuinely like the food. Odette let out a long sigh, smiling brightly as her chest filled with pride. "Well, help yourself. There will always be more where that came from." Happy with his reaction, Odette would let herself pluck a few more chunks of meat off of the birds breast, gently holding the bird as her teeth sliced through the meat. She would then lay the chunk onto her free pad and use her own paw as a dish while she ate. With so many thoughts running through her head, Odette would eventually turn to face the male once more. "Here's another question for you; if a hunter came back with antlers or horns from a prey, could you use them for battle? Would it be useful to you?" Odette often thought about going on more hunts to support her growing pack, but with the tight restriction of her boundaries, she was limited to hunting within pack lands. There wasn't much besides fishing to be had, and the few game animals that stumbled into the territory often left quickly due to the potency of the wolves living here. But if one day the woman would be granted permission to hunt beyond the territory line... she would like to know if all parts of her kill could be useful.

"Speech"

Table by Sea
Art by Fox

Killian 2

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
karabearrr

04-20-2020, 02:59 AM

Killian

Killian had faith that perhaps one day more of his kin would find their way to Boreas. After seeing so many of his cousins as well as his brother Kill found a glimmer of hope. Maybe more were on their way. But, he did not allow this hope to get the better of him. The slate male tried to be very logical about things. If his hopes were too high on such a sensitive matter it would hurt a lot more when they never show. "I am just glad to have so much of my family here. It was a shock to find them with an Empire rebuilt so fast." Deathbelle worked fast and she had many strong Wolves backing her all the way. Despite not having interacted with that side of the family previously he still supported them all the same. Blood is blood.

A pang of pain filled his chest as she told him of her small family. They grew a part and she would likely never be able to find them if she tried. As someone with such a strong connection to his kin Killian felt bad for her. She seemed indifferent to it with her laughter but it was still a sad concept. "Hopefully you can find a family here. In the pack... or elsewhere." The Kleins were incredibly proud and bound by their ferocious ambition. It was something that was ingrained within him even as an outsider. The druidic tribe he grew up in were very tight knit and loving. Despite Killian's neutral nature he had a true soft spot for his kin.

Odette offered her support and Killian flashed a quick grin. "I have no doubt that you could do some damage." Despite the babe's demeanor she was still a Wolf, a competent one at that. Killian was sure if it came down to it she could get the job done. But, he would never allow that to happen. "You will never have to, though. There are plenty of warriors in the pack. If anything I know I can rely on Sirius. He is an impressive fighter all around. I wouldn't be surprised if he could take down an entire pack on his own." Killian was aware the Warlord was a well decorated fighter. The male was a beast and Kill would not want to get on his downside. 'I'm glad I didn't try to lay it on thick when I was flirting with his Wife.' A tiny shiver went down his spine before his eyes settled on Odette.

Killian nodded as she figured he'd meet the pups soon. It was only a matter of time, really. He listened to her next words with a grin. A warmth burned at the base of his paws as he thought of spending more time with the woman. 'Am I crushing like a damn yearling?' It was evident Odette was stunning but there was something that made Killian care for her almost immediately. He wanted her to be happy, perhaps that was why he lended himself to aid in the repairs and protection so willingly. "Are you sure? I wouldn't want to be intrusive." The male cracked a smirk, "I also snore. If you are willing to put up with that then I may take you up on the offer." Killian partly didn't want to walk to his own den and partly wanted to hang out with Odette some more.

The store of her mother filled his ears as the male devoured more of the delicious meal. He nodded as he chewed. The more barbaric side of him coming to light every now and again. The smallest of growls coming from his throat as he ripped crispy skin from the meat. He tried to remind himself it wasn't fresh kill and to be polite. But, after all Killian was a rather primal being at the core. Indulgent and passionate. - Odette was much more 'lady like' while using her paw as plate. His eyes were seemingly opened to a more well-mannered way of doing things. It made Kill think of his own tendencies.

Licking his lips the male sat up straight to look over his companion. She asked about the usefulness of antlers or horns. Killian instantly nodded, "There are a few uses I can think of on the top of my head. I've personally been looking to make some tips for spears and maybe a skinning knife." Killian raised a brow, "Are you a huntress as well, Odette?" He enjoyed hunting quite a bit and thought of being able to hunt with his new friend.

"Speech"

Odette I

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
TeFiti

04-20-2020, 04:09 AM

Odette Mooncrest

Family.. it was never a concept that held much meaning to the woman. While she understood the bonds she held with those who shared her blood, it seemed that even those natural given connections cannot hold up alone. Her own family were primative in the fact they always moved and they left behind anyone who couldn't keep up. Odette had no doubt the group had moved on, her kin floating across the lands like leaves on a breeze. It never bother the fawn woman until today, until she spoke with Killian and he was able to express his joy in being with his family. It stirred a feeling the woman never quite had before; longing. While Odette longed to be free of her metaphorical chains and climb the ranks of the Armada, this longing was different. It was a craving to build a family like the Kleins; one bred with loyalty and passion driven deep within their bones. It was a feeling she quickly tried to shake off, forcing herself to smile softly at the warrior, but the feeling lingered.

Killian's hope that Odette would be able to find family in these lands only made her longing deepen as she turned her chin to the heavens, the faintest of smiles pulling at the corners of her lips. "I guess it would be nice to have a big family. Though it would surely take several litters of pups to even come close to your families size, huh?" Odette had only met a handful, but to build something like the Ashen Empire with so many family members it requires two packs, clearly took a lot of Kleins to make happen. She had thought they bred like rabbits, or maybe had abnormally large broods, but after a moment it became clear it probably was built over several generations, rather than just one or two. Still, the idea of a large family would hang in Odette's thoughts as she brought her gaze back down to the male's handsome features, allowing a playful grin to line her lips.

'I have no doubt you could do some damage', Odette laughed at the thought, her joy ringing out into the air as she shook her head. "Perhaps to myself. You may have fallen asleep during your herbal classes but I failed miserably at my defense training." She could almost swear that every lesson ended with Odette on the ground, beaten and bruised, her family disappointed and furious. But what could be done? The woman held no anger within her small frame, the only emotion even coming close would be that of protection. The first example coming to mind was that of her precious birds and their never ending predators she constantly faced off with. But there was a difference between fighting a fisher cat and fighting another wolf. A fairly large difference.

When Sirius's name came up, Odette nodded with a broad smile on her lips as she giggled. "Oh yeah. Just wait until his brood is fully grown too, they could lay claim to half the continent within the week!" It was said with laughter, but the threat was undoubtedly real. Odette often thought of the future, and her concerns for all those who opposed Sirius and his pups.. was very real. Each one was as lethal as their sire, and to have four more like him... they practically had an army already. However, Odette still did not know who was an enemy to the Empire, if there were any at all. To have a whole pack dedicated to being an Armada, surely they intended to fight someday? But the question still remained; who?

For a moment.. just a split moment, Odette thought she had accidentally offered to have the man sleep in her den, with her. Heat flushed to her cheeks and her mind started rushing through inappropriate thoughts causing her to falter with her words. "I mean, it wouldn't be intrusive because.. you know.. you'd have your den and I'd have mine. W-we would just be neighbors... well closer neighbors." Unable to meet his gaze, Odette stared at her paws, holding her breath as she internally agonized over the idea. At the mention of his... unfortunate sleeping habits, Odette laughed softly, lifting her head back up as she did so. "I don't mind at all, as long as you don't mind Dash's early morning calls." Odette had quickly learned to sleep through the first few of the rooster's alarms, but with the coop being ever so near, it was impossible to not wake up eventually.

Ah, so there was a use for such items! The female smiled happily to herself as she quietly licked her paws and swiped away the remains of her dinner. She stopped her small grooming when Killian asked if she was a huntress, the title sounding very impressive to her hears. "I suppose I dabble. I actually had hoped Sirius would one day make me an official hunter for the pack, once I earned it. Huntress Odette, has a nice ring to it, hm?" It was a work in progress, but perhaps after all her months of servitude, the moment would arise. Lifting herself into a sitting position she tilted her head to the side a bit with playful eyes. "Would you like to go hunting? See if we can't get you a big bull or buck to make your deadly weapons?"

"Speech"

Table by Sea
Art by Fox

Killian 2

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
karabearrr

04-22-2020, 10:36 PM

Killian

Killian did enjoy having a large family. It was a good way to have others to spend time with and rely on. But, there were the downsides. Drama and bad apples. The Kleins were not known for their overly positive morals but they did walk the line of neutrality for the most part. It seemed his cousin Deathbelle had a good level head but he knew Hannibal had quite a past. Some chose to walk that same line and others chose to go every which way. Though they could all agree on their love for one another and the pride for their kin. Since coming to Boreas he hadn't manny issues with integrating into the family and expected he never would now.

Odette's comment about litters made him laugh ever so slightly. The male shrugged gently, "Quite a few. I doubt they are done expanding the line or will be anytime soon." Killian did not blame anyone for wishing to reproduce. Pups were the future and the future looked bright for Ashen. He looked to Odette and raised a brow, "Do you aspire to mother any litters?" It was a curious question. As a hand maiden was she even able to have pups? What would happen if she did? Killian hated to think Odette would be unable to do so due to her social class. His eyes roamed her facial features and sussed out that such beautiful genes shouldn't be wasted on unyielding servitude.

The babe made the brute laugh once again. Falling asleep in defense class was rather humorous to him. He'd never be able to sleep when battle was in the air. Herbs though? For sure. He shook his head playfully, "We will have to fix that, if you desire that is." A toothy grin. "I am sure we can figure out a way to make fighting fun so you can learn how to protect yourself." Being at the will of another due to a lack of fighting comprehension was never a good thing. "Maybe on days we aren't working on the hen house we can train." Perhaps she wasn't interested at all...

Odette agreed with Killian's statement about Sirius and added on with the size of his brood. The slate male nodded in his own agreement. They were massive children and littered with mutations. Fangs, wings, claws, spikes, and whatever else. Killian was sure soon they could conquer Boreas and then Auester after a snack break. "It is a wonder Zee managed the litter." A shake of his head with a look of disbelief came into view.

Cheeks burned as the male figured out he leapt to conclusions. Killian truly thought they would share a den. He wouldn't have slept with her and kept distance but he really did think that was the invitation. Her hesitant words made him shift slightly and look at his own two front paws in mild shame. Killian didn't know why he felt like a pup in those moments but he did. Usually he'd be trying to snake his way into her heart by now but he was so horribly hesitant to make her uncomfortable. With an uneasy flick of his tail the male slowly moved his eyes back to her own. "Ah, yes. Of course. I totally didn't just... jump to conclusions or anything." The male laughed away his embarrassment and sat up straight again. He offered a cheeky grin, "I can deal with Dash if I don't have to walk all the way home."

Killian was glad to think about hunting in those moments. The flush in his cheeks dissipated as he listened to her words. "Huntress Odette sounds great in my opinion." He listened to her next words with a raised brow. "Yes, we should go on a hunt one day. Perhaps I can request that you can cross the border under my watch so we can get proper game?"

"Speech"

Odette I

Loner
Missing

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
TeFiti

04-24-2020, 12:20 AM

His laughter rung out into the air, something so light and positive, it would make anyone smile and want to laugh too. Odette tried her best to remember the last time she had laughed to easily, or been able to make another wolf laugh so much. It was probably before her adventure to Boreas, and probably some time even before that. Cerulean eyes scanned over the brutes features as they morphed to show his joy, and for a moment, Odette completely forgot about everything else. She was simply fascinated by the beauty in his markings, the structure of his bones, the handsome appearance of his eyes that lit up when he laughed. Killian was an extraordinary example of good genetics, that was for sure. After his laughter had died down and his words flooded the air once more, Odette felt herself coming back to, delving into the conversation once more. Pups? The fawn woman frowned for a moment, trying to imagine herself as a mother. Without a personal role model to look up to, Odette had only one female in mind; Zee. The queen of a pack, a leader, with a massive mate with a fierce devotion to both his family and his pack. If that was what a good mother should be, could Odette ever hope to be such a female?

"Funny enough, the thought hadn't crossed my mind until now." She would laugh nervously, sweeping her gaze beyond the male and towards her hen house, wondering how the hens could successfully raise batches after batches of chicks without fail. Was it genetic? Something they were born with? If Odette didn't have a good mother, did that mean Odette wouldn't be a good mother as well? "I think if I was in a good spot myself, with a nice title and a good mate, I think I would. But with so much uncertainty right now, so much danger we don't see yet... I don't think it will happen for awhile." Not only the danger unseen, but Odette was still a mere slave, and she had no mate. There were things to check off on her list before she ever could manage a family. Turning her gaze back on the male, a small grin on her lips as she cocked a single brow in his direction. "What about you? Interested in adding your own line to the Klein Empire?"

The idea of being trained to fight by Killian was both alarming and amusing to the woman. She was terrified to see what exactly the man could do, but also overjoyed with the idea of not being a defenseless pup anymore. Killian was a friend in Odette's eyes, so she wouldn't fear not living up to his expectations as much as her own kin had. She could finally learn and have the freedom to do it within her own time... or perhaps... Killian's time... that is. "That sounds... really great, actually. Though you have to promise not to break me." She would attempt to give him a stern look, but ended up giggling half way through it. Shaking her head softly, she would quickly add, "well, not too bad at least." There was no doubt in her mind warrior training would be hard work, and dangerous if it was done well. The idea of getting hurt naturally caused fear to rise up in her chest, but the idea of doing it and having someone there to actually help her recover, eased the fear greatly.

His comment on Zee baring her litter of strange beast caused her to laugh and nod her head as well. "I'm sure it was not easy. Especially to carry them during our move? To be pregnant and in such uncertain times must have been stressful." She could remember helping the queen on the carts as they moved across Boreas. It was a great time of bonding between the pair, but it seemed highly uncomfortable. Seeing the pups the queen had been carrying, it was no wonder. "She is an incredible female. I bet not many could successfully carry a litter like that." She would add, not due to the fact she adored her Zee, but because she truly doubted anyone else could have done it.

The awkwardness that hung in the air after their whole... den situation... discussion had Killian looking rather sheepish and for a moment Odette wanted to laugh at it. Was that how he looked as a pup? It was adorable! But the fawn woman, not wanting to anger her new friend, decided to swallow her laughter and turn her gaze away. "Then I guess we should build you a den. Anything in particular you would like? Big sleeping space, shelving, pelts?" Though it was not intended to be his true den, Odette felt it should at least be comfortable. No sense in building a second den for him to sleep in if the brute couldn't sleep in it. "I can get to work on it after I feed the chickens." Now that it was getting later in the evening, the hens would be getting anxious for their meal. Even knowing, this, Odette dreaded the idea of having the male leave her little farm, and having to be alone again. But if he wished to return to his den, who was she to stop him? After all, he was a warrior, and she a slave. She technically had to do... anything he said... right?

The idea of crossing the border with Killian had Odette's heart beating wildly in her chest. Not only for spending more time with the warrior, but to actually cross the border? Odette had not been able to... legally... since they arrived in the new lands. Her eyes went wide as she inched closer to the male, her tail twitching with excitement as she did so. "Do you think he would? That would be amazing Killian! I haven't seen these lands yet, I can't image what it must be like out there!" Odette was aware of the volcano incident a few seasons back, but time heals all wounds, and such powerful devastation must have lead to beautiful restorations! She could only wonder what beautiful forests groves, waterfalls, and meadows awaited just beyond their border. "If you can manage it, call on me anytime. Day or night. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Speech"

Art by Adillion, Table by Sea