An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
04-13-2020, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2020, 04:18 PM by Álarr.)

Autumn was slipping away day by day. Fireside had a good stock of herbs but Álarr wanted to take advantage of the southern weather to collect as much as they could. Plus, while he knew what he had he wasn't sure what everyone else had and it would be good to, well, take stock of their stores as a whole pack. Healing lessons might be needed as well just to make sure everyone was comfortable with using the herbs they had in storage. At least some of the main items. Ack, so much to do!

Álarr tipped back his head to call his fellow healers together for a meeting. Nerves rolled about in his stomach. He'd never done something like this before, much preferring to keep to himself. He prayed to whatever benevolent spirits were out there not to let him screw this up.

Deadline is April 19 at 8:00 am Central Time

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
04-18-2020, 02:30 PM
The call of a fellow healer, calling the rest of Fireside's healers together, surprised her. Not that things had been completely quiet lately, but they were still settling into things with their new roles and new leadership. The prospect of a healing gathering was always intriguing to her. Asvor wasn't too proud to acknowledge that she had much to learn still - the process of learning and growing in one's field never really stopped, not until death at least. She had no doubt even this young healer would have something to teach her. Interested, she picked up her pace, navigating swiftly across the Range until she met Alarr, offering him a smile. Just the two of them so far? Either way, they'd make do even if nobody else showed up.

Darya

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

1KChristmas 2019
04-18-2020, 04:26 PM

"Говорить"

Darya wasn't even sure she was supposed to be here... she wasn't technically a healer in the pack, instead spending most of her time in and around the sheep herd they'd gathered. It honestly wasn't all that bad, the boy alpha had made it seem like it would be torture but the truth was she liked it well enough. The sheep never spooked her and while she spent so much time around them now that she smelt like they, she'd quickly grown used to the scent and it didn't really bother her anymore. But she also had aspirations for more than simply living among the livestock. Jupiter had brought her to the pack and she wanted to prove she could be useful, if only for his sake rather than her own.

So maybe that was why she was here, reeking of sheep and with some straw sticking out of her fur as she approached. Darya dipped her head towards the two that had already gathered before skittering off a bit from the group to settle down silently, her ears pulling back awkwardly and her hellfire gaze on her paws.

Art by Risketch
Darya has a thick Russian accent, hover for clarification.
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
04-19-2020, 11:24 AM

Álarr worked on laying out items on a strip of buffalo hide for the meeting ahead. Afi and Bryn assisted him as Ásvor and Darya joined. He smiled and nodded to each in greeting. He waited just a bit longer to see if anyone else was going to show but as the minutes stretched by it became clear that it was just the three of them.

"Hey guys! Thanks for coming. I just wanted to go over our stores before winter and get a list of any herbs we should gather and items we should craft. Some of the plants in Fern Gulley and the Avian Estuary are still behaving as if its summer so this will be our last shot." He moved over to one end of the buffalo hide where various herbs and items were laid out in a row.

"In addition to tisanes, hide bandages and moss bandages here are some samples of the herbs I have. Abscess Root, Horsetail, Figwort, Boneset, Marsh Mallow, Lamb's Ear, Lavender, Angelica, Dandelion, Yarrow, Comfrey, Marigold, Broom and Motherwort." As he spoke he moved down the line and pointed a paw to each item. Most of these were probably familiar but he knew he had a few odd items courtesy of Afi's instruction.

"What do you guys have? What else do you think we should gather? Also, if you have any questions regarding what I've gathered just let me know. I know some of these aren't terribly traditional."

Next Deadline: April 30th at 5:00 pm Central Time

Feel free to just list off the herbs your character has gathered. I threw out what is in Alarr's skill form but don't feel like you have to do that!

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

04-21-2020, 10:56 AM
Her gaze drifted to the next to arrive - a large woman with straw sticking out of her fur, no doubt having just come from the the stables. Asvor stifled a faint laugh at the sight. While once she would've been annoyed at her meek demeanor she knew better than to tease her on it now. They were packmates, after all; perhaps she just hadn't settled in quite yet? Asvor merely raised a brow and nodded in her direction before focusing on Alarr once again as he began speaking. Apparently Fireside didn't have a huge group of healers, which was fine by her. They'd do what they could with what they had, and after all it'd give her something to focus more wholly on.

"I have a decent store of Boneset and Yarrow myself." They were relatively easy to come by around here, especially with things blooming later into the fall this year. "It's less traditional than you're probably looking for but we may want to look for some Kava in the Estuary. I've seen it grow there before. It's not quite medicinal but is a wonderful relaxant in low doses. Might be useful in case anyone possesses more severe injuries or illness." Some ailments couldn't be treated with anything but time, and for those sorts of things relaxing and staying calm was just about the best medicine... and anything that could aid in that was always useful.

Darya

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

1KChristmas 2019
04-21-2020, 09:43 PM

"Говорить"

Darya glanced up and returned a soft smile to the male and a small dip of her head to the red woman. Then the man asked what they had in their stores and Darya knew she was out of her depth. She hadn't been gathering much of anything as of late, so wrapped up in making sure she was doing her job with the sheep she'd neglected to do much of anything else. She had a small store of dandelions from a season ago that she'd been careful to preserve to the best of her abilities...

"Ee have some dandeeleeons, not muny tough." She said softly, just lifting her head enough to be clear she was talking to the group but not really enough to make eye contact with either. Truth be told she also didn't know what could be found outside the packlands right now. But she did know the fields her flock grazed and with plant life taking later to bloom she'd noticed a few things. "Dere is Marigold growingh in zhe Range, Ee tink ee sawsome meadosweat and moteerwort toa." That was helpful as she could be, but she hoped it'd be enough. More marigold and Motherwort certainly couldn't hurt and with the colder season bearing down on them Meadowseet could turn out to be useful if they were swept with a seasonal flu.

Art by Risketch
Darya has a thick Russian accent, hover for clarification.
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
04-22-2020, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 07:38 PM by Álarr.)

Álarr turned to Ásvor and smiled. "Great! Boneset and Yarrow we'll use a lot of, especially with winter coming and Tyrian contemplating a raid." Yarrow in particular would be good for slowing the bleeding of wounds. His ears perked at the mention of an herb he'd never heard of before. She called it Kava and apparently it was good to help wolves relax. "Interesting, I've never heard of this herb before. Thanks for sharing Ásvor."

He turned his attention next to Darya and was a bit taken aback by the strength of her accent. He hadn't really spoke to her but was starting to wonder if the Common Tongue was a new language for her. He nodded. "We'll make good use of the meadowsweet. It can help slow bleeding as well. I say lets finish gathering what we can of herbs that can be used to treat battlefield wounds. I have a feeling that's what we'll see the most of. Do you guys have any questions for me on anything? Any herbs you'd like to know more about?"

Deadline May 15th at 5:00 pm Central Time

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

04-30-2020, 10:42 AM
Asvor reminded herself to gather some Kava soon, whether or not the others thought it useful. After a particularly hard fight she found relaxants useful for helping her sleep, though perhaps that was just her age talking. A wolf as young and spry as Alarr, or even Darya, for that matter, might not need those things as badly as she might. As well as Kava, she made a mental note to collect other herbs that might help with wounds, especially in the case of a raid.

Darya spoke up as well, mentioning - in a rather thick, but still understandable accent - that she had dandelions, and had encountered marigold, meadowsweet, and motherwort. Definitely useful herbs, though for different things. Alarr asked if they had any questions and Asvor was quick to speak up. "I'm not familiar with Comfrey, or Angelica, if you wouldn't mind giving us a rundown on those." She didn't know if Darya knew about either but figured a quick explanation would be helpful for them both while they were going over things.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
05-16-2020, 09:28 PM

Álarr nodded and smiled as Ásvor asked for more information on comfrey and angelica. "Sure, I'll start with comfrey." He reached out a paw toward his little pile of comfrey. "You can find it in ditches and along the banks of rivers. You'll want to gather the leaves and the roots. Making a tea of it can help make wet coughs more productive. If you use the leaves in a poultice it can help sprains and bruising." He figured he'd give an overview and if anyone wanted more specific lessons he'd be happy to give further instruction.

He moved his paw toward the angelica. "Angelica can be found in fields and forests. You'll want to gather the roots and the leaves. It's used primarily to aid in coughs and colds. Again, I usually make a tea but I'm open to other ways to administer it." He looked to both women. "Thanks again, for attending. If either of you have further questions just let me know."

ooc: if anyone needs more posts just let me know