Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
04-24-2020, 03:10 PM

Tamsyn had spent a good amount of time practicing the defenses that Sirius had taught her, but she kept coming back to how she had ended up attacking him and kept wondering if maybe there had been something better she could have done. All in all she thought that she had done okay for it being her first fight, or at least the first time she had been allowed to fight back, but she wanted to get better. Now that she had put herself out there with her request to be considered for the Reaper position, she felt the pressure to prove that she could put action behind her words.

Part of her wanted to go find Sirius again, but then another thought crossed her mind and she grinned at the idea. She remembered Zee offering her help at the meeting and who better to ask about making attacks as a smaller wolf than from a smaller wolf? Tamsyn went looking for the woman that had recruited her, starting in the grassy plains near the main meeting area even though she thought they might go down to the practice areas where she had trained with Sirius if Zee was available to do so.

It took a little bit of searching, but eventually she found the horned wolf and she trotted over to greet her with a bright smile. She thought back to how they had first met and thought to herself how much things had already changed in such a short amount of time. "Zee!" she called to get her attention, her tail wagging gently behind her. "Hey, I was wondering if you had a little bit of free time so I could get some fighting tips from you? I just remembered what you said at the meeting and I'd love to train with you if that's okay. I could come find you later if you're busy!"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
04-25-2020, 08:25 PM

Zee had been spending a lot of time on her own lost in thought, and when one of the newer members to the Armada broke the silence the horned queen was pleased for the company. She turned to offer her a smile, pleased at how much Tamsyn had grown since they'd first met. Zee had not recruited as many wolves as Sirius had, but she felt the ones she had found and stolen away for the Armada truly had her heart. "I'm not busy at all." She responded with a soft laugh, turning away from the ocean to face the other woman.

Sirius kept her informed on how the training of their warriors were going, and had mentioned how some of the smaller wolves were having difficulties against his towering height. It made sense that they'd might come looking for someone their own height to learn from, and while Zee was not convinced she'd be the best teacher she would not deprive them of a lesson. "What has Sirius taught you so far?" They'd need to know where Tamsyn stood, where her strengths and difficulties lay before getting into anything in depth.

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
04-25-2020, 09:44 PM

Tamsyn gave Zee a thankful grin when she said that she wasn't busy. Even though Zee had given them all an open invitation to receive help from her at the meeting, Tam still felt a bit self conscious about asking for her time. Of crows she hadn't expected Zee to mind, but asking for help was still something Tamsyn was slowly learning to do. There was no way for her to learn though and she was determined to show that even if she wasn't the most skilled fighter she was at least willing to put in the work to learn.

"We worked on defenses and a good fighting stance quite a bit!" she replied when Zee asked about what Sirius had taught her. "We had a spar too so I could try out getting some attacks in. He won of course, but I still got a couple bites in." She grinned and chuckled at the idea of someone like her actually standing a chance against someone like Sirius. He was just like a wall of wolf and she felt like a fly bouncing against him, but she was grateful that he had taken the time to let her try.

"I feel like I have the fighting stance part down, but I'm not as comfortable with the attacks part. I went for his legs a couple of times, but I'd love some more ideas or any tips you might have!"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
05-03-2020, 02:42 PM

Zee listened to Tamsyn's words, pleased that she'd learned a few things from their warlord. She could not argue that he was a difficult opponent, and so the fact that she was able to get some bites in was a good sign of how her training was going. "It's difficult against a larger wolf, that's true. The biggest thing to strive for is to be faster. A wolf like Sirius needs only one hit to end the fight, and so your goal is to avoid the hits even if it means you can't retaliate. You must have patience, look for the perfect opportunity, strike, and then back off. We can't hope to match them in close quarters."

Zee considered for a moment, eyeing the other woman carefully. "Do you have any accessories to utilize? They help. The thorn wrappings I wear on my horns I used to keep wrapped around my legs. It gave me an extra level of defense should someone get a grab in, they would likely not keep their grab long enough to sweep me off my feet." There were many different types of defensive armors that could protect a smaller wolf, though Zee was fond of the one's that had a little bit of offense built in. A mere leather bracer would protect against a bite, though from a direwolf even a toned down bite was still one that could push the fight in their favor.

"Speech"

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
05-03-2020, 06:42 PM

Tamsyn listened gratefully as Zee described the best tactics when fighting a larger wolf like Sirius. She nodded in understanding, thinking about how the much larger wolf had been able to easily catch her off guard with his attacks any time she got close. She had always felt like she was pretty fast, but she was definitely going to have to work on her reflexes and her patience. She had been too eager to prove that she could retaliate the last time she sparred and that must have been part of the problem. She was already trying to think of some different ways to approach the fight for the next time she got an opportunity to spar with someone. A lot of her training thus far was around how she could handle a fight with a larger wolf, but that was probably her biggest challenge so it made sense that she put most of her focus on that.

When Zee asked about having any protective accessories, Tamsyn looked at her curiously and shook her head. She listed as she explained how she used her thorn covered wrapping and Tamsyn was already completely enthralled and interested by the time she finished. "No, I don't! I've never thought about doing something like that. That'll have to be my next project," she replied with a giggle. Any advantage she could have in a fight felt like a good thing to have, especially for someone like her that already had a disadvantage in size and experience. Maybe she could ask Resin about helping her get some hides or something to craft into an accessory once she was feeling better. She wasn't sure where to start with making something like that, but it sounded like a chance to get creative so she was looking forward to it.

"Thanks for giving me some tips to think about," she added with a grateful smile. "I think I was just thinking about the same stuff over and over so I got stuck. I'll definitely have to look into making an accessory of some kind to use!"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

05-04-2020, 03:17 PM

Zee chuckled at the other woman's light giggle, pleased that some of the knowledge seemed useful enough to be utilized. Truthfully she did not feel skilled enough to be a teacher, she had more losses then she had wins although the majority of those were to Sirius whom she could not fault herself for losing against. It was a difficult conversation for her, though she did her best to hide her discomfort to keep Tamsyn feeling secure in her words.

"I'm sorry that I can't help much more." She offered softly with a smile. "Most of it is trained instinct and responses. It's much different to speak on and teach then it is to actually put to practice, and I've little experience giving lessons." The horned queen sighed quietly, and then nodded. "But if you need help to craft something, I can help with that. Or if you'd like to practice your agility we can go for a run together. Sometimes you learn best while teaching, as well. My boys could likely take a few lessons as well from their elders."

"Speech"

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
05-04-2020, 06:23 PM

Tamsyn could tell that Zee wasn't sure that her advice was as helpful as Tamsyn seemed to think it was and she felt that she was being far too hard on herself. At this point in her journey to become a fighter, Tamsyn was just grateful for anyone that was willing to lend her their knowledge and experience. Even if she had come to Zee and she hadn't been able to tell her anything new, she would have just been happy that Zee had been willing to take the time to talk to her. When Zee sighed after apologizing for not being able to help more, Tamsyn was quick to give a little shake of her head. "That's okay! I appreciate any advice you have!"

She grinned as Zee went on to make some suggestions of some other ways she could help and suggesting that maybe Tamsyn could learn while teaching while giving some lessons to her sons. "Well, I don't know about teaching anyone any time soon... I still have a lot to learn myself. If anything I'd probably be a better fit for taking part in whatever class is being taught to them!" She chuckled softly and added, "But I'll definitely need help with crafting some accessories and any time you want someone to go on a run with you can count me in." Doing patrols and wandering through the pack's territory had become a bit of a pass time for her lately just to keep her on her paws and doing something so going for a run fit right into that and gave her an excuse to strengthen her muscles.

She realized that the last time she had really sat down to talk to Zee one on one had been the night that she had decided to join the Armada and the difference she felt in herself between then and now was like night and day. It was all thanks to Zee for finding her and bringing her here. She gave a lot of credit to Resin for making her feel even more at home here, but the fact that Zee had made her feel comfortable enough to stay was the first big change in her life. "Who would have guessed that you and Sirius would make a fighter out of me after all?" she commented with a grin, her tail wagging gently behind her.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

06-03-2020, 11:06 PM

Tamsyn seemed unbothered by how unhelpful Zee might have been as far as training went. She gave the other woman an apologetic smile, but did not offer further. It was hard enough to know inside herself that she may be failing as a teacher or an alpha, harder still to have that conversation with one of their wolves. "Anytime you need me, just call." Zee repeated with a nod. Crafting, patrols, that sort of thing she could do. Putting words to actions that she could not describe was much less easy. "I'm sure even you can teach. Every failure is a lesson in itself, and my children are not quite old enough to have had many. One of my biggest lessons came when I was sat on during a spar. Don't go under a larger wolf's belly unless you're prepared to get right back out." A soft peel of laughter rolled from her, remembering the moment realization hit her on how badly she'd fucked up that day.

To her last comment, Zee's laughter echoed louder. "Oh, Tamsyn. I never had any doubt. I poached you. I wanted you to be mine, I saw a future in you, and I stole you for us. Yes it was a consensual theft, but I would never have offered you a home here if I didn't think it was the best thing for both you and the Armada. I'm just pleased to see how fast it's all happened and how well you've improved." it was teasing, mostly. Zee didn't think she'd ever stop teasing Tam for her rapid joining so shortly after swearing it wouldn't happen. It was one of her favorite memories in the Armada, and she'd cherish it and the wolf who brought it forever.

"Speech"