Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-30-2020, 11:37 PM

Maybe he was getting old, but the Warlord was feeling an old melancholy as he woke that day. Well Zee was always in the den at night, he felt she had been distant of late. The mated pair hadn’t spoken much since the children had been born - supervising them had run them both ruggard. He saw little of his Empress, who had her own litter now, fresh from the womb. Io had Roan, who had taken up residence in her cottage.

Loneliness was an emotion the Warlord would have associated with himself, but as he made his way around the pack border, completing his patrols, he could feel it was so. The three woman in his life meant a great deal to him, and well it was lovely to see them all living their own lives, Sirius felt the need for a little more of their attention. He had always been a selfish bastard after all.

He finished his patrol, and made his way to the pond he had helped Io build. That period of time he had had his sisters undivided attention. They had spent each night engrossed in conversation. She had learnt his past pains, and he had gotten to know the woman he had adopted as a sister so much better. That had been a good time for him, he had enjoyed their quiet talks immensely. He sat by the pond now, watching as the gently lapping water trickled down, watering her plants below.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-30-2020, 11:51 PM
Today Iolaire decided that she needed a break. She'd been training the new recruits and prepping the garden for winter. As soon as no one was around, she hightailed it to the top of the garden, intent on relaxing by the little pond. She'd anticipated her flight and had a small bag prepared, which she grabbed quickly before she left. Skirting the stone cottage, she zipped up the hillside and was surprised to see that she wouldn't be alone.

Dropping the pack quietly, the small woman felt a little mischievous. Creeping up behind her giant brother, she dove, throwing herself upon his back and playfully biting his ear. She released the ear, but didn't leave her perch upon his back. "You seem very pensive, dear brother. Tell be what's on your mind." Though they had their differences as all wolves did, she loved Sirius like no other. Just as he had, she also felt the distance between them. They were both busy creatures, but it was about time that they made an effort to make time for one another.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-01-2020, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 12:01 AM by Sirius.)

Sirius was lost in his thoughts, and with Bast and marshal watching his back, wasn’t as meticulous as he could be. He didn’t hear the sound of his sister as she crept forward. He didn’t know she was there, until he pounced upon his back. He let out an aggressive snarl, ready to throw the wolf off and body slam her to the ground - when he realised his guards hadn’t let out a warning cry, and the scent that surrounded him was familiar.

He got as far as twitching his muscles in preparation for the moves, and nothing further. He would never intentionally hurt his litto Io. her teeth clamped into his ear, and he let out a grunt, shaking his head like a fly was buzzing in his ear.

When she released his ear, he had expected she would climb off his back. When he didn’t feel her weight release, he would readjust his footing, hunking over to give her a flatter surface, and tossing his head over his shoulder. His muzzle just about catching on her cheek as he did so.

His sister was a master healer, the most knowledgeable in the pack, and he knew he had given her a great deal of work when he had announced the upcoming raid. There was no other to get the pack ready for the influx of wounds that would be coming, or to train their student healers. Still, he knew Io had already taken some wolves under her wing, and had heard a little of how her lessons with Malalia were going. He couldn’t have been more proud of his sister.

He didn’t have an easy answer for her words. “I feel every conversation I have now is related to business, its training, advice, beratement, lessons, orders. Zee has been so busy with the kids, Deathbelle with her newest litter, my Io-” he grinned at her “-with instructing my healers. I don’t know, my sister, I just feel… the personal part of my life has been taken out. I miss you.”

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-01-2020, 12:14 AM
He reacted as she knew he would, and held on as he snared and puffed up. All the while, she grinned. Even if he had thrown her, he wouldn't hurt her as soon as he realized who it was. It had been really easy to sneak up on him, too. Bast was distracted by Enki and, though Marshal had seen her, he didn't react or notify Sirius. The beasts knew her more than well by now.

With Sirius sinking down, she lounged more easily upon his broad back. His answer to her question brought a nod. He was feeling the stress as well. Leading, being responsible for the lives of others and everything that this entailed weighed heavily. She knew this from speaking with her mother. The scarred woman had always ruled. This was the first time that she had accepted having another higher than her in rank.

Io nuzzled into the top of the dire's head before sliding to the ground to lay next to him in the grass. "I've missed you as well. We're doing what needs to be done, though. Once we prepare everyone and get them where we need to be, we might be able to take a step back to breathe now and again." Iolaire flashed a grin. "Truth be told, I'm currently hiding from all responsibility. Even I need breaks." Reaching up, she placed a kiss upon one dark cheek. "I'm glad to spend my time with you, However. I... have something that might make us both feel a little calmer if you're interested." Again, that mischievous smile tugged at the corners of her maw.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-01-2020, 12:25 AM

She listened as he spoke, and he could feel her stillness as she took in his words. She gave him a nuzzle, and he leaned into it, before she dropped back to the ground again he held steady until she was off, so he would not lessen her balance. Once she was safely off, he settled down more comfortable beside her.

He was glad to hear she missed him as well, he liked to be a central part of the lives of those three females, and missed it terribly when he was not. She pointed out how they would have more breathing room when things were prepared and settled. Maybe that would be so, but still. He let out a soft sigh. “I have not lain with Zee for a while now, I feel she has pulled away from me. Deathbelle has her children, and you have your Roan. I do not like admitting to weakness, but being apart from your lives is definitely a hole in my heart.” he admitted. And it hurt to say it, especially the distance Zee had been giving him. He wondered if she regretted having his children. Certainly they got into enough trouble to make both parents pull out their fur.

“Calm sounds like a state I would not mind right now” he admitted softly. He wasn’t sure if he trusted the mischievous glint in her eye - not because he distrusted his sister per say, but she certainly had a mischievous streak.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-01-2020, 12:38 AM
Listening to his troubles, she could understand why he seemed so discontent. He hadn't lain with Zee recently. That, she could understand. "You two don't exactly have a lot of privacy these days. If you need a little couples break, Roan and I can watch the kids at your den. You two could have the cottage for a day or two of you'd like, or you could go elsewhere. Either way, I don't mind watching them." She believed that the pups listened to her well enough. She would feel comfortable having them under her care.

It seemed that he was feeling a little left out and forgotten. Io nudged him and was serious for a moment. "You will always have a place in my life. Roan doesn't change that. If you need me, I'm there. Got it? Even for little talks like these. Nothing is too trivial." Admittedly, she needed these times too. They had all been throwing themselves into their work. She would feel silly begging for attention when there was so much left to do before winter, but she would always make time for Sirius.

The moment that her brother agreed that calm sounded ideal, Io smirked and moved back to where she dropped her pack. Fetching it, she resumed her laying position beside him. Extracting a gourd, she handed it over to him. She pulled out another for herself. "The last of my Hibiscus mead until spring." There were other types of mead in her stores, but she was partial to the hibiscus. "Drink.up."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-01-2020, 01:09 AM

“Ohh, that does sound rather pleasant” he agreed, even just the ‘watching the kids’ part. The rascals can be somebody else's problems for a day. That sounded too good to pass up. He wondered how many hours it would take before the two of them were outside the cottage, begging the Alphas to come home to watch their spawn. He chuckled at the imagery.
Of course, spending some quality time with Zee was also too good to pass up.

Iio seemed to understand, she promised she was always there to listen to his woes. Perhaps that was also a good position for a healer to hold. She had already made decent headway patching up the holes in his soul. But it wasn’t just that she was his healer, she was his sister too, and that gave her more of his trust then he gave most. “Thanks Io, I appreciate that.”

He watched with open curiosity as Io got up, grabbed her pack, and felt around for something. Her strange paws seemed very adept and picking things up now, and she was soon returning with something in hand.

He frowned at the strong smelling liquid she produced, glancing back up to Io. as a general rule, he didn’t do anything that would endanger his senses, including his sense of logic. He had to be on his toes to guard the pack at any given time. “I don’t know, Io…” he said softly.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-01-2020, 01:24 AM
Sirius seemed rather excited about the prospect of having some alone time with Zee. She was more than happy to supply that time. "Whenever you'd like. It'll be like a break for me too." She'd heard about the behavior of her niece and nephews, but they'd always been perfect for her. And if they weren't, well... she'd deal with it.

Popping the cork on her gourd, she inhaled the scent lightly before raising it to her lips to take a hearty swig of the brew. Sirius was apprehensive, so she reached out and patted his paw. "A few sips won't disable you. It will just calm you and make you a little warm. You'll still have control of your faculties." He didn't need to slam the whole thing. A few sips wouldn't leave him silly and unable to function. She might get that way though.

Warmth was already flooding through her small frame and she felt all of the tension slowly leave. "My mother is driving me crazy," She said suddenly. Since he was sharing his thoughts, she would share her own. "I don't think she's ever been unable to move. Even when she almost had her throat ripped out. Tamsyn is helping a lot though. The woman shows a lot of merit." Anyone that could stand to be in her mother's grumpy presence for that long had to be a saint.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-01-2020, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 03:06 AM by Sirius.)

Sounded like rather a good deal, especially if Io also thought it would be a holiday. He supposed everyone needed a break from what was familiar day to day in their lives. Despite his internal joking at her struggling with his kids antics, he knew Io wouldn’t take any shit.

As through immediately guessing why he was anxious, she promised him a few sips would relax him without ruining his ability to fight. He trusted her, and took a small swig, almost choking on the fiery flavor that burnt a path down his throat. He managed not to cough.

Not one to partake in such things, he felt the effects almost instantly, the warming in his veins, and the relief as weight fell off his shoulders. He chuckled softly, taking another swig.

His sister mentioned her woes over her mother's healing, and Sirius nodded. “Is she a worse patient then I was?” he joked. He had spent a lot of time in his den after his leg injury. “Tam is great, she’s competing for Reaper, and showing a lot of initiative” forgetting his earlier concerns, he took another swig.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-01-2020, 02:26 AM
Sirius had come a long way from the man that she had first met. He took a drink of the brew, trusting her word. He trusted it so much that he ended up taking three drinks. "Easy," She warned. He was big, but he had no tolerance built for such things. Mead could sneak up on you. She corked her own gourd and pushed it aside just so he wouldn't feel strange about it.

When he asked if Resin was a worse patient than he was, Iolaire laughed aloud. It was a funny comparison. Her mother and Sirius were more alike than they knew. "Well, she hasn't threatened to chew off her cast yet just to be a bother to me." Sirius had thrown that tantrum with his broken leg. "I think she's realizing that she'll never be the same after this. Realizing her age too." The dark woman shrugged and gave her head a shake. "If she doesn't find some sort of purpose I feel like she's just going to waste away."

Talk turned to Tamsyn and Sirius spoke of her competing for Reaper. "Oh?" That was curious. She never would have chosen the woman for the position. She would have only considered seasoned warriors. This was all up to Sirius, however. She knew that Roan mentioned competing for the position, but they hadn't spoken of it since.

Another thing had been weighing on her mind. Perhaps this was the time to bring it up. "You know I'm not able to bear children." Green and gold eyes were downcast while she spoke, staring at her front paws. "I've been thinking about traveling and seeking out healers to pick their minds and share knowledge. I've helped others with fertility issues. Maybe there's someone out there that can help me with mine." Io bright her gaze up to look at Sirius. "I'd love to give Roan a child. " She imagined the pups having a cousin. She imagined her mother being an official grandmother. Then Io grinned. "You'd make a great uncle, you know."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-01-2020, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 03:07 AM by Sirius.)

He paused in surprise when she told him to be careful, and put away her own gourd. He hadn’t even realised he was still drinking from it. He also gave a startled laugh as she reminded him of one particular incident. Ah, yes, he had forgotten about that. He shook his head at himself. He had almost made it worse. No matter how much the cabin fever had been eating away at him, no excuse.

“I hope becoming a teacher will give her that purpose” he commented, a little more somber with the thought of a wounded warrior. One that will never be the same, that was perhaps one of his worst fears. “Yes - she did volunteer at the meeting” he reminded his sister. “It's a position any of them can win if they show enough merit” he didn’t want to give the position away, he needed one who could earn it.

He leaned closer, wrapping a paw around his sister as she spoke of having children. He wanted it to be so, for her sake, but he was afraid to give her hope. “You would make an amazing mother”

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-01-2020, 03:14 AM
She also hoped that teaching others to become warriors would give her mother purpose, but one never knew. "Maybe you should go see her one of these days. Shake her world up a bit." Io was sure that her mother was tied if being babied by herself and Tamsyn. The woman still couldn't walk or even rise on her own. She might be grumpy about being seen in such a way. It might do her good.

Io did remember Tamsyn volunteering herself for the running of Reaper, she just wasn't sure if she would go through with it. If the new fighter could manage to best the others and she truly deserved the position, more power to her. Iolaire was just doubtful. She backed Roan of course, but she also wanted to keep him home with her. Killian was her second bet. A young, strong buck that could hold the position and protect those around him.

When Sirius pulled her close and said that she would make a great mother, Io laughed aloud. "I would, wouldn't I?" She had no doubts that she and Roan would be amazing parents. Especially with the support system of her family all around her. She would be content with just one little pup for the rest of her life. Io wasn't greedy by any means.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-01-2020, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 03:07 AM by Sirius.)

Sirius gave a gentle chuckle, loosened by the warmth growing in his belly. So was this what tipsy felt like? “Maybe I will” he agreed, he was sure he could find ways to keep Resin busy. He knew that doing nothing was what had been the biggest danger to the Warlord. He just couldn't bear to be idle.

“I can’t wait to see how my competitors go. I’m not sure myself who would win, each of them could make it with enough effort. Roan is already a fighter, Tamsyn has spirit. Banshee has already tutored under me for a bit. Hester isn’t afraid of anything, but she’s been a bit scarce of late. Malalia has a lot to learn, but she’s determined.” he said, listing each competitor by name and the first trait to come to mind. He wasn’t even sure who he wanted to root for. Maybe that's what made the competition the most exciting, he wanted to know who would rise to the occasion.

“You would.” he agreed again softly, licking the back of her neck the wrong way as he pulled her in close. “And I would cherish to death any child you had.” he promised. He didn’t know if she would be capable of a biological child, but even if she decided to adopt. He would love them as an Uncle.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-02-2020, 09:56 AM
She could see the excitement in him as Sirius spoke of the competition. "Mmm, time will tell." Time would decide a winner and time would also decide if that winner was worthy of the position. Iolaire felt a little bad hoping that Roan wouldn't win the spot. She intended to leave in the spring to go on her journey across the land in search of healers and she wanted him to be with her.

Once again she lowered her gaze to stare at her odd paws. Not because she wanted to stare at them, but because it was better than staring at Sirius as she spoke her next words. "I was hoping to leave in the spring. Do you think you'd be okay without me for a month or two?" Now she eyed him. She'd thought it all out, of course. "I'll have Malalia and Indigo ready to take care of the garden while I'm gone. Both Malalia and Odette can tend to any injuries that might happen." Could he see how much this meant to her?

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-03-2020, 07:49 PM
The Warlord leaned against his sister, letting the warmth of the alcohol heat him from the inside-out. She was right, it did relax him, loosen him a little from his worries. Took the edge off of his inhibitions, too.

She asked something of him then that had him blinking, and looking at her in surprise. She had mentioned travelling to find a healer, but he hadn’t thought much about the leaving part. “I…” he said softly, pausing, and frowning. She spoke of who could tend to the injured, and indeed he relied very heavily on Io - mostly to see to him. He supposed he would go to Deathbelle for personal injuries, and Mal and Odet could see to the pack. They would make do on that front. “It would be strange, not being able to knock on your door anytime I need a chat.” He admitted.

Her calming presence often kept him sane. He didn’t like the thought of her going far. “Will you have any winged companions between the two of you? I need the ability for you to contact me in the case of an emergency. Hell hath no fury, I’ll tear apart anybody that bothers you” he whispered fevertly. Perhaps letting the possessive devil out a little more than he had in awhile. He locked in away a lot now, it often rubbed Zee the wrong way, but it was still there. Always there. Io was his. Always.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-04-2020, 01:20 AM
As she imagined he would, Sirius was slightly taken aback by her request. His brow furrowed and he stared at her. She stared right back with her big, green and gold eyes. This was so, so important to her. If, by the end of her journey, she still hadn't conceived, then she would give up the notion for good, but she had to try. She just had to.

Sirius jumped into his protective mindset and the little fae reached out to pat his giant paw with one of her significantly smaller ones. "We do not have a bird or anything that flies. I'll have Enki with me for protection and Roan, of course." The snow leopard was docile as a lamb, but she had seen him take on a full grown moose in her defense and send it packing. "I don't know that I have the time to acquire and train another companion. Perhaps Roan can do so over the winter." She did agree that having a quick mode of communication would be wise. Especially on such a lengthy journey.

Io uncorked the gourd and took another long draw of the mead before closing it again and sitting it back upon the ground. A chill wind gusted towards them and a shudder ran through the woman. "I feel like it's going to be a very cold winter." She then nestled against her giant sibling absorbing his warmth.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-04-2020, 01:40 AM
He knew this was important to her, it was for that reason solely that she had not been given a big fat ‘no’ that he didn’t say. ‘Fight me, and if you win I’ll believe you have the strength to come back to me in one piece’ because she was a healer, and he was a warrior, and everything would be stacked against her.

Through he loathed to be parted from Marshal, he loathed to be parted from Io even more. “See that he does so” he said, putting a hint of Warlord-Command into the words. “If he doesn't do so, then Marshal will go with you.” these were his conditions. He was a possessive man, who loved those he cared for fiercely. At least she wasn’t going yet. He would cling tighter to the time he had with her, knowing now that it was more precious, and limited.

Io took another long sip, and Sirius knocked back a large one of his own, his paw tightening over the material, so the liquid squirted in his mouth, almost choking him. Displaying in that motion the emotions he was feeling. The mere idea of being helpless to know or do anything well Io could be in danger did not sit well with him. “Perhaps one of my Heirs would make a good lesson out of going with you” he mused out loud. In a season they would be that much closer to a yearling, and already they were fierce fighters. “But, maybe not” that might be too much of what he loved out there without him for him to be able to bear it.

The alcohol fizzed in his stomach, he pulled Io closer yet, holding her tightly to him for a moment, and kissing her cheek. “Between you, Deathbelle, and Zee, I’m going to lose my mind. I love you all too much.”

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-04-2020, 02:34 AM
The little woman nodded. She would ask Roan if he had time and drive to train a flying companion during the winter months. If not, she would just have to take Marshal with her and hurry back. Her search wouldn't be as thorough, but if that's what she had to do, she would do it. It wasn't her intention to keep Marshal from Sirius any longer than was necessary.

Sirius suggested that one of her nephews go with her, but thankfully he squashed that idea before they did. She and Roan were going on a fertility journey. There would be lots and lots of extracurricular activities happening in the interim between meetings. They would have privacy and she intended to take full advantage of it. If she wasn't pregnant by the time they returned, she never would be and no one could say that it was for lack of trying.

For being such a big lug, Sirius was incredibly sentimental. She loved that about him. Io chuckled and gave his big cheek a kiss in return. "We all love you too. I know that I certainly do." Though he was much, much larger, she gave him a comforting squeeze, leaning her head against one big shoulder. "We have all winter together. Spring will be over before you know it and we'll return. You'll have your paws full with your pups and you'll barely know that I'm gone." He would have to keep himself busy. Maybe she could tell Indy and Asla to keep their father on his toes while she was gone. Asla would agree to it, but Indigo might be too sweet tempered.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-04-2020, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 03:08 AM by Sirius.)

With the alcohol going straight to his senses, he squeezed her maybe a touch harder then he should have. She didn’t say a word of complaint, perhaps knowing how much he needed to feel that she was real and beside him in that moment. He had come to the pond to contemplate and wallow. He hadn’t expected to find Io her, or her him.

She returned the words of love, and he sighed softly, hanging his head near her coat, breathing in the familiar scent of her. She was such a tiny thing, almost half his size, and he felt large and dangerous around her. He had to remember that her body was, in comparison, more fragile than his own.

He took another large swig of the alcohol, this time crushing it completely beneath his massive paw. He looked down at it with a frown and an agitated grunt, before tossing it to the side. “I love my life. I do, and my chosen family, my pack, my heirs. But Zee has been such a quiet presence of late, absent and busy. She used to be a fire, all life and noise and so very, very, there. Did I do something wrong?” he whispered. Was he talking to Io, or himself? Did it matter?

“My Heirs…. Azure is mean, and Mortis is silly. This is my legacy, and I am not sure I trust the paws I might one day leave it to. Deathbelle and I used to be so close I could hear her breathing every night. Now I barely know who she is. She fucked her own brother.” he wished he still had the flask in his hand, so he could crush it again. He turned his bracer around instead, flipping out the knife, and stabbing it into the earth with an agitated thunk.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

05-04-2020, 03:12 AM
Io didn't mind the tight squeeze. If that was what he needed, she could stand to be squished a little. It was obvious that there was a lot on his mind and he soon let loose as to just what that weight was. He was feeling Zee's absence keenly and she felt for him. She hadn't seen her sister in law in quite some time either. Io just assumed that the woman was busy. Aside from that though, she hadn't exactly been looking for her. Iolaire's life was far too hectic and fast paced to keep tabs on everyone.

"Do you have any idea why she's been so distant?"
Perhaps in the back of his mind he had some thought as to why she was making herself scarce. She offered up her own idea. "She's a mother now. Children take precedence and they're very time consuming. Maybe that's it?" Hopefully it was something along those lines. However, the pups were pretty self sufficient. They were all over the place. Zee couldn't be with them all the time. Was she having an affair? The thought popped into her mind before she brushed it quickly away. No, that wasn't Zee. She hoped, at least.

Sirius thought that it was his fault somehow and seeing the pain in his face made the small woman's heart clench. Suddenly she was furious at her brother's chosen mate. How dare she make him feel so inadequate? It wasn't hard to simply be there. If she was neglecting him, perhaps she was neglecting her children as well. Again she squeezed Sirius, nuzzling under his chin. "No... you're a good partner and a good father. Whatever this is, it's on her."

His train of thought turned to his children. Azure was mean and Mort was silly. She'd heard just how vindictive Azure was from her mother. The boy had tried more than once to kill her. Mort was a sweet thing that just needed some confidence. "They're still children. As they grow and learn, they will change. Who knows? Maybe they'll balance one another out in time." And then he was talking about Deathbelle. The venom in his tones when he spoke of her relationship with Hannibal made Iolaire draw back. He really felt this strongly about the whole thing?

"Where I come from, mating between blood is common practice. Had I been raised in my father's palace, it would have been expected of me as well."
Having known such practices from an early age, Iolaire didn't find them foreign or repulsive at all. From what she'd heard from Belle, her family held to the same practices, although loosely. "Belle is the happiest that I've seen her since I met her. Hannibal really is what she was missing in her life." She gave him a little nudge. "I know it's hard to understand for someone that wasn't raised in it, but try to be happy that she's happy?"