Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-14-2020, 07:40 PM
It was early hours of the morning, and Asla was not in her star-den above the family sleeping place. The Warlord was not concerned, even without his companions keeping tabs, he knew where he would find her. It was a short walk towards the ocean-view glass house, and the whispering of the chilly night air breezes past him as his paws took him there.

He found her, head to the magic-tube, looking upwards at the sky. He watched her for a moment, watched the still curiosity of her body. The intensity. If anyone could unlock the secrets that lay above them it was his daughter. He knew it, with some measure of smugness.

He approached, quiet but not silent, and took a seat beside her. He let the night carry on, knowing she knew he was there, and perhaps waiting for him to speak. He did, after a time, his eyes upon the stars. "I'm going to tell you a secret, Asla. The secret of this scheming old man you call a father." A wry smile touched his lips, and he did not loosen his upwards gaze. "Mortis, Azure. They will be the future face of this pack. But Indigo will be its heart. And Asla... you will be its soul. You will find the balance between Morts kindness and Azures darker ambitions. You will find it, because only you understand Azures bloodlust, and are still able to love Morts kindness. Only you will be able to protect Indigo from the darker walks of this life, or keep him sane should he discover them. Only you will be the lynchpin of the Armada, long after I am given to the dust. No other among my spawn will be able to so clearly see the balance between their divides, and keep them together. I know your drive is family, it always has been, and nothing has been more perfect to me then it."

He smiled softly at the dark night sky, these words only for his daughter, who held a little piece of every one of her siblings inside of her. That was why she was his favourite, and always would be. She was this family.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
06-15-2020, 01:25 AM
She hadn't been sleeping well. Aslatiel's mind was awash in turmoil, especially since she and Az had had their little disagreement. She doubted that he loved her anymore. She still hadn't been sleeping in the family den, nor had she been sleeping in the glass house with Indigo. Because the magic tube was here, the girl had no choice but to come back. Though she had changed her mind and was spending her free time on fighting instead of learning the stars, she couldn't help but still be drawn to them.

Aslatiel's breath whitened in the cold, wisps of ghostly vapor trailing from nose and maw. She was chilled, but she had taken the fur that had been draped over the tube and positioned it around herself. When her father came, she heard him first, sparing only one daring purple glance before turning her attention back to the tube. The skies above were awash in color and texture. The larger stars and the groupings that she had once named after her family took on new personalities now that they were... closer? They certainly seemed closer.

It seemed that her father was being sentimental today. He began to speak as he sat beside her and Asla groaned in her mind. What had happened to her angry, brutal father? They went from ruling the world to kissing its booboos. He spoke of the cream and grey girl being the soul of the siblings and Asla sighed, tearing her gaze away from the magic tube to look at her father. She did love her family. She loved them more than anything, but she was beginning to think that she wasn't mean to be with them forever.

Breaking her gaze away from the giant sitting beside her, Aslatiel sighed again, her voice low, ears tucked to her skull. "They'll be better without me. Everyone will." The girl was beginning to realize that she was odd. Sirius talked about Azure's bloodlust, but he didn't know about her own. He didn't know that she wanted to kill members of the pack. He didn't know that she had jokingly suggested that she kill their mother. Had Az agreed to it though, she would have helped him. Did her father even know about the pile of bones that she was amassing? He'd been very busy with his new daughter and other pack duties. The child was feeling a million miles apart from the rest of her family. Even Indigo hadn't tried to sooth her. Mort had been off chasing girls. Aslatiel was feeling very much alone.
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-15-2020, 01:36 AM
The Warlord spent much of his time with his daughter, he always had, from the moment she had been born. He had taught her how to haunt, and encouraged her love of the stars. He kept a close eye on her, with both himself and his companions. He often knew where she was, through he did give her some measure of privacy as she grew. He knew she was going through a tender age of growth, and seemed to be lashing out at seeing any measure of his love directed at other wolves. When he had seen her down, he had taken her on an adventure, just the two of them. Worked on a project with her for both her and Indigo, worked on inclusion, so she would know how much he loved his star-child.

He had thought it had helped, but hearing her words, he would see there was still much divide. She was a child, lashing out at the world. Perhaps, if he had any experience in raising children, he might know that there was often a teen period in every girl’;s life where they seemed to hate their old man. It might have eased the ache her words left in his heart. Or perhaps not. Prepared or not, they would have been a blow. “Without you? The future of the Armada, of Indigo, Azure, and Mortis, revolves around you, my Asla. Why would you leave? You have always spoken of your devotion to this family” when had that changed? It seemed only a short time ago their love for them had been strong.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-15-2020, 07:35 AM
Her words hurt him, that much she saw. It wasn't at all what he wanted. No matter what he may have though, she didn't hate her father. Far, far from it. She loved him too much. She loved all of her brother's as well. Loved them with all of her being. The girl was just going through a stage where she realized that she was different. Perhaps that difference wasn't going to be beneficial to the Armada.

Aslatiel sighed, that feeling of age coming over her once more. "I'm different, papa." She used the term of endearment that she'd always held for her father. "I have bad, bad thoughts. I do bad things." She decided to be honest with him in the hopes that he could understand where she was coming from. "You talked about Azure's bloodlust... I think mine is worse." The girl shook her head, tall ears swaying. "I just don't think that anyone understands me." Tears had begun to fill vibrant purple eyes as she opened up and began to talk. There was a little catch in her voice as emotion filled her. "I try to make others happy, but it seems to be one sided."

Without warning, the girl rushed her father, burying her face in his chest and sobbing. "I'm so unhappy, papa, and I don't know why. It won't go away!" It was as though a dark cloud was hanging over her head at all hours, bringing rain and lightning down upon her. The cloud was covering the sky, keeping her stars from her. It clouded her thoughts and her mind. She acted irrationally as a result. She shook her head against him. "That's why everyone would be better without me. If I can't control myself, how am I ever going to hold everyone together?" The small girl continued to cry, curling into a small, sobbing ball. She released all of the emotion that she'd fought to contain these past several weeks.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-17-2020, 07:47 PM
He heard her sigh, and could see that some of the ice in her visage had broken. Would she tell him now what else had so clearly been bothering her? He leaned back a little, head testing near one of the prongs of the stand, and let his eyes find the stars. His ears were for her alone, as he listened to what she had to say.

He let out a soft breath when she spoke, and he grabbed gently for her paws, to pull her closer to him, but the motion was obsolete, as she rushed for him. He let out a soft ‘oof’ as she landed hard into his chest. He wrapped his paws about her, holding her close, and kissing the spot just behind her left ear. “All of your siblings love you, Asla. I’ve seen that. Each one of them is going through a stage of discovery in their life, trying to find out who they are, and what they’re place is. They haven’t left you, nor are they careless as to how you're feeling. Children.. As they grow, reach a point where they start seeing the world definitely, and it leaves them feeling alone. I think each of you have started to hit a point in your life when you're feeling like that. But know that I always know where you are Asla, and I am always here for you. I will give you all the hugs, or all the space you need. But I’m your old pop, and I will always love you. no matter how dark your thoughts might be. Perhaps we need a family day, eh? Drag Mortis and Azure from their training, Indy from his garden, and you from your stars, and just have a family day out?”

When they were younger, Asla was inseparable from each and every sibling, he could understand how hard it must be for her, seeing them so busy and caught up in their lives. He needed to show her that those feelings still remained.

He knew she liked to kill things, but he had not seen the full extent of it, or how it affected her. She needed to spend more time in the light, more time with those that loved her - every part of her - so she would not feel so alone. He rubbed her back gently as she cried, feeling an incredible tenderness towards the girl, and the stirring of frustration that she would feel so upset, and he could not immediately fix it. He always wanted to give her everything in life, his sweet Asla.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-17-2020, 10:10 PM
Sirius gave her an explanation of what he believed was wrong with her and each of her brothers and, while she understood, she didn't think it was completely correct. Sniffling, she continued to stay pressed against her father's large form. He was a constant in her life and he made her feel safe. The girl's voice was quiet and wavering when she spoke. "Papa, you remember when you told me about the bad wolves back when I left the territory on my own?" It seemed like ages ago. He'd scared her to death when she was younger, talking of wolves that would hurt others. "I think that might be me. I think I'm the bad wolf." There seemed to be no limits in her mind when it came to what she was capable of. She accepted the thoughts of murder with ease as if they were the most normal thoughts in the world. Only recently did she begin to realize that this wasn't how others thought. She was abnormal. That abnormality had driven a wedge between herself and at least one of her brothers.

"Azure hates me," she began when her father suggested a family day. "He won't want to be around me." The idea of being with all of her brothers and her father at the same time was nice, but it also gave the child a bit of anxiety. She knew now that she was different. Had they noticed? Did they know that she was a monster all this time? She gave her head a shake, finally sitting up and using one foreleg to wipe the trails of tears from her face. "Indy and Mort wouldn't understand. They're too good." Of the four of them, Indigo was the most lightly aligned. Mort was just below. In her estimation, Azure followed them, then she was last on the totem pole. Az at least knew right and wrong. Asla was still struggling with that.

For a while, she'd been able to hold herself together. Her father adopting yet another foundling had been the final straw. Now it seemed that the girl was unable to close the trap door on her mind and her emotions were simply running rampant. She couldn't control herself. There wasn't anyone that understood her, she felt. No one that could feel the things that she felt and could teach her how to find some balance. And so she would have to continue to hide herself from everyone.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-17-2020, 10:20 PM
Sirius continued to hold her tight, perhaps even tighter when she began to speak, so she would know he was not repulsed or driven away by her words. “Emotions are a hard thing. Sometimes the things we want to do, for amusement, or in anger, or in boredom, can be the wrong thing.” He said softly, pressing a kiss to her cheek as he spoke carefully, telling her more about himself then he had originally intended to. “As the ruling class of the Armada, it is our sacred duty to look out for the wolves in this pack. That was a lesson I took a long time learning. At the start, I was happy to shove a wolf to the ground, to hurt them, because I am stronger than them. I realise now, that my strength means it's my duty to ensure their well being, not to push them around. When I’m angry, sometimes I struggle to remember that. You’ve seen my rage, how hard it is for me to control myself. Despite my rage, I would never hurt you.”

He took a slow breath, considering how best to phrase the words in his heart. “It can be a hard thing, to deny ourselves what we want to do, But we are better than our emotions. Stronger. You especially, Asla, are a strength to behold. Your are so young with so much left to learn, but I will always be here to help you. If your not sure on what the proper course is, you can always ask me, I will always try to help you without judgement, my beloved Star-child”

As for Azure.. “He loves you more then then he does the rest of your siblings. I’ve seen how much time you two have spent together. If you or he have said something in the heat of the moment, that's not hate - I advise you to talk to him, and see if you can’t make things right between the two of you” and a vital lesson for her, too, if she was to be his lynchpin. Despite her words, his faith in her was unwavering.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-18-2020, 12:15 AM
"How am I supposed to know what's right and wrong though?" Asla's brow knit in frustration. "What I think or feel is right isn't right to others. And what they think is right might not feel right to me." Was there some rule book somewhere where everything was written down? Right and wrong? It would make things a whole lot easier for the emotionally overflowing young wolf. If there was some sort of guide saying what was acceptable and what should be hidden... she could do that.

Her father spoke of duty and looking after the members of the pack and, again, Asla's brow wrinkled. "But papa, I don't care about them. You do. That's your thing." Each member of the pack could drop dead and she probably wouldn't bat an eye. She just didn't have a connection with wolves outside of her family. "I only care about us." By us, she meant her father, her brothers and sometimes her mom, though she didn't have much of an emotional connection with the woman.

Sirius did everything that a father should. He was supportive and loving. He tried to explain his view to the best of his ability. Aslatiel appreciated his efforts. She really did. Though he might think otherwise, she truly loved her father. The cream and grey girl leaned into him again, a sigh ghosting past blackened lips. "I'm sorry if I disappoint you, papa." She knew that he wanted strong children. Lately, Aslatiel felt nothing but weak. Maybe that was why he had chosen Malalia as a new daughter. To make up for her weakness.

Speaking of Azure made Asla's little heart hurt. They had ended things on a very sour note. She had seen the total anger in his eyes before he stalked away from her. That day, she'd been in a dangerous mindset. Her emotions had washed over her common sense. Her father suggested that she talk to her brother and she nodded, but she wasn't sure if she actually would. It would be hard to explain. She wouldn't apologize for her words since they had been a joke. He had made some remark about mad dogs being put down, which made her think that he was hinting at her death. No... she wouldn't speak to him. Not yet, anyway.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-18-2020, 02:17 AM
He understood the difficulty, her concerns, and knew there would be no easy answer for her. “With each action, consider if what your doing will hurt others, and if doing so is worth that pain” He suggested softly, kissing the very tip of her nose, and smiling at the small wolf in his arms. She was telling him she had bloodlust, hurt others, and felt different. His love for her had not wavered for a moment. He felt nothing but love, and pride. Pride that she had the strength to tell him. That she knew there was wrongness in hurting others, and that it was weighing heavily in her mind. Everybody had a darkness, and he would help his beautiful daughter overcome her.

“What we are, are leaders, and stronger for the Armada. When you are in a leadership position with your brothers, it will fall to you, and them, to keep the Armada strong, and protect its wolves. Right now, that job is mine. One day, it will be yours” he could only hope her love for her family will carry on into the importance of that job.

“I have nothing but pride for you, my little Star” He whispered back.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-18-2020, 02:29 AM
Her father had faith in her, but Aslatiel didn't have faith in herself. Not remotely. She believed that she would fail. She knew that she would fail. Asla wasn't sure if she wanted to be like the rest of the wolves in the world. Honestly, she liked the darkness within her. That's where she was most comfortable. Perhaps she would change as she got older, but she would need to work on it.

Sirius kissed her nose and she cuddled up close to him, curling herself into a little ball. He called her his little star just as he always had. It seemed that he still believed in her even after she told him that she was a bad wolf. "I'm tired, papa." All of the mental anguish was taking its toll on the Fatalis girl. She'd been spending a lot of her time sleeping in the pile of bones that she'd amassed. Asla hadn't wanted to sleep with the rest of her family for a while now. She needed space. Today, however, she could do with having family around.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-18-2020, 02:41 AM
“Then sleep, my little one” He kept his voice to the gentlest of breaths, close to her ear, so she would hear them. He held her close, resting her fully on his stomach so that she was off the cold ground. He held her close, his precious little one. He knew that, come morning, they would have to go off together and hunt. He would need to do so with some frequency, he was suspecting. She would need an outlet, a chance to unleash her bloodlust in a safe and controlled environment. He would not have her hide who she was, through he would not want her to hurt the wolves under his protection.

He pulled the skins that covered the magic-tube over her body, holding her close in his arms. I love you, my little one” he whispered to her half-asleep form.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

06-18-2020, 02:48 AM
Her father scooped her up off of the ground and she instantly felt his warmth envelope her. A little sigh was released as she closed her amaranthine eyes. The fur was pulled over them both and it was all that she needed. Her father expressed his love. Asla buried her face in his thick fur and whispered. "I love you too, papa."

That night she would sleep better than she had in a while. Stressful dreams wouldn't plague her sleep. In the morning she would feel rested. All she had needed was a few kind words and a bit of understanding. It reinforced the love that she felt for her father tenfold.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-26-2020, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2020, 03:47 PM by Sirius.)

Her gentle whisper was all that he lived for in life. He chuckled softly into the soft fur at the nape of her neck. His little girl, who still had so much to learn in life. So much potential and life before her. He wanted nothing more than to see her prosper, to see her life beside her brothers in this life he was building for them.

He rocked her gently as she slept beneath the stars, the oiled cloak about her shoulders, held gently in the embrace of her father's arms. He hummed to her then, a tenderness almost never seen by any other in the world, as he whispered a song of the stars for her ears alone, and rocked her gently into sweeter dreams.
”'For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk beside the pony
Daddy, it's my first ride"
"I know the cake looks funny
Daddy, but I sure tried"
Oh, with all that I've done wrong
I must have done something right
To deserve a hug every morning
And butterfly kisses at night”

"Speech"