gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
06-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Kassander had a lot of time to think by himself while everyone was frantically trying to cure the plague that had struck their pack. He'd been working as hard as he could, following the healers around, obsessively memorizing herbs and their uses, but he wasn't allowed around Val and the other plague victims because everyone was afraid he and the other kids would catch it too, and that would be all the pack's heirs gone. He got that, but it was incredibly frustrating to have to watch from a distance while everyone else fought to save them.

And the plague hadn't been nearly enough of a distraction to make him forget about his grief for Elsa.

He had been so lost, so lonely. He hadn't realized what he'd been missing by being such a brat to his brother and sisters until he almost didn't have them anymore. He'd sworn to himself he would be the best older brother there ever was and he'd start by finding the cure for Val so everyone would know that he hadn't really meant the awful things that he said.

Now it was over, someone from another pack had brought them the cure and Val and the others were well again, and he no longer had his distraction and worse, he hadn't been the one to cure Val. He was glad someone else had - he didn't want her to be sick. But how was he supposed to show her how sorry he was? How was he supposed to be a good big brother if he couldn't even fix her when she was sick? Wasn't that what he was supposed to be good at?

Well, he wasn't getting anything done brooding over it.

For the first time since the illness had been cured, Kassander left his den with the intention of actually seeking out company. Taking the time to smooth his fur and make himself look presentable, he then sat and took a deep, calming breath, then letting it out. Don't be such a crybaby he chided himself sharply. Jumping back to his feet he set out to find some of his siblings and start making things right.

"Talk" "You" Think

Sigmarr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
06-17-2014, 05:46 PM
ooc: sorry for shortness!

Sigmarr slipped quietly amongst the shadows of the stones, mind held tight in concentration as he practiced his stealth. Still a bit to awkward to leap from stone to stone as Katja did he hoped soon to be as quick and graceful as she, especially in all this snow! Sigmarr paused for a moment, ears twitching as he assessed his progress. Ice blue eyes slowly focused on a hare not to far from him. Body tensed and lowered to the ground. His breath easing in and out in the slowest of whispers. Time froze around him.

Taut muscles unfurled launching the pup toward the rabbit. Sigmarr twisted and turned as best as he was able but all too soon the rabbit was lost down some escape route. Frowning he shook the snow from his coat and trotted off to find something else to hunt.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
06-19-2014, 12:04 PM

Kassander's footsteps paused as he heard the sound of a young body barreling through the snow. He watched as his younger brother flashed past after a rabbit, zigging and zagging until both rabbit and boy disappeared from sight again. Well, he'd intended to track down his siblings, and here was the perfect opportunity. Sigmarr, who he had probably alienated at least as badly as he had Val.

Picking up the pace once more, the boy followed his brother's trail through the snow to a rabbit burrow - he must have missed. He followed the trail that led away, moving into a lope to catch up. "Sigmarr?" he called uncertainly, hoping his brother would stop rather than take off - and that if Sigmarr did stop he wouldn't rip off Kassander's ears as he kind of deserved.

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
06-20-2014, 08:31 AM

She had tried speaking to Kassander, to encourage him to work harder, to honor Elsa by striving to become a Sola Master and the best healer Alacritia had ever seen. If her words had any effect she wasn?t sure. When Val had fallen sick she was lost. She didn?t know how to help, how to save her sister. It took Korrin, her best friend, to keep her mind off of things. The girl gave a soft sigh as the small fox moved at her side. Korrin kept her sane, kept her mind from going to dark places. It was thanks to Korrin that she had any sort of hope at all.

Then the cure was found. Thank the gods that the cure was found. Everyone was slowly recovering, and she was glad. She was moving across the snow, the stuff crunching beneath her paws, when she spotted Kassander up ahead. Up in the distance too was Sigmarr, one of her other brothers. The girl would pad up to Kassander, giving a soft whine as she bumped his shoulder, hoping that this time he wouldn?t turn away from her. She couldn?t take that. Not again.

Korrin would fall in place beside Svetlana, giving a small smile to the male. ?Hello Kassander. Svet was worried for Kass...? The fox would say, emphasizing the worry her friend had held for her brother. Plus, on top of that, of Svetlana?s siblings the young fox favored this boy the most.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: svetlana_by_myowncuttlefish-d963v5e.png]
[Image: svetlana_by_reflectedmemories-d8khd1u.png]
[Image: sig_zps8805ea78.png]

Sigmarr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
06-28-2014, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2014, 09:27 PM by Sigmarr.)

No light, no light in your bright blue eyes

I never knew daylight could be so violent

Sigmarr strolled confidently through the snow, even when he tripped he pulled himself back up and kept right on going. Someday he'd become a great warrior and a skilled hunter. He just needed to practice and nothing was going to deter him from that path. A voice called out his name and he froze, turning to see Kassander. Ice blue eyes narrowed at his brother. He'd had particularly turbulent feelings toward the other boy after he'd more or less denounced them as family to go live with Elsa.

"What do you want Kassander." He said coldy. Just as he did though Svetlana appeared and his demeanor softened just slightly. He didn't want to have this out right in front of her. "Hey Svet? hey Korrin."

"Speech"
A revelation in the light of day

You can't choose what stays and what fades away

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
07-07-2014, 07:57 AM

Svet and her fox came up alongside him, and he returned Svet's affectionate touch by bumping her in return. "I'm sorry to have worried you," he answered her quietly but sincerely. "I was really, really busy with the healers for a while. I - "

But what he was going to say was lost as his younger brother's voice settled coldly in his ears. Kassander flinched a little at the harsh tone but... he couldn't say he didn't deserve it. He'd been a butt to Sigmarr and Val in particular, and he couldn't just expect Sigmarr to forget that right away. Well, he had kind of hoped, but... "I just..." He shuffled his paws in embarrassment. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. For the way I acted before, I mean. I know I was a brat and that it was wrong of me to treat you guys the way I did. And... And I want to try to make up for it. I really want to be a good brother, I do." His mismatched eyes peered earnestly but uncertainly at the other boy. It wasn't enough, he knew that. But would Sig reject it completely?

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-13-2014, 02:43 AM

Kassander would apologize. Apologize for worrying her. Though if only he knew how much. Hardly a moment later there was Sigmarr, snapping at Kass. The eldest had certainly been a bit of a butt... but still. She was relived however when he seemed to calm whe he saw that she was present as well, giving a small nod to him. "Hey." The word came out soft, and her fox companion would give a nod to the other brother for Kassander would start to speak again. His words were directed at their brother and the meaning was clear enough.

Kassander was apologizing for his actions.

Svetlana would give a small nod, speaking softly again. "Forgiven." There wasn't any hesitation, not in the slightest. Kass was her brother, and even if things got prickly and thorny at times nothing in this wide world would ever change that fact. She would always be able to turn to him, and he would have her to turn to if he needed to. Baby blue gaze would turn to Sigmarr, leaving three sets of eyes upon the other brother now.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: svetlana_by_myowncuttlefish-d963v5e.png]
[Image: svetlana_by_reflectedmemories-d8khd1u.png]
[Image: sig_zps8805ea78.png]

Sigmarr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-20-2014, 05:20 PM

Sigmarr's ears flicked forward as Kassander spoke and he frowned. He couldn't say he'd been expecting an apology. He'd mostly been expecting a lecture on how evil and wicked he was picking on his poor older brother all the time or some other such manner of nonsense. The apology was sincere, probably the most sincere thing he'd ever heard the other say. Suddenly embarrassed Sigmarr pawed at the snow. "Well.. I? I guess I could be a bit of a brat too."

He looked up smiling softly. "Ok, apology accepted. Let's just forget that mess ok? You guys want to uh? join me on a hunt?"

"Speech"