size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
08-07-2020, 03:48 PM

Drífa walked to the ship with slow determination, ignoring the pressure in her abdomen and the grim diagnosis that went with it. She knew her years were numbered and though she had only been in her new rank a short time she felt it was best she retire to the rank of Elder. Naturally, she was still happy to offer advice for as long as she was able but she felt it time to begin to rest and contemplate the remainder of her life. It was time to start focus on finding peace.

Drífa made her way to the deck and sat down for a moment before howling for Acere to come and meet her. She prayed he would not be too disappointed or sad. She was getting on in years and life was on exception to the turning of seasons.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-25-2020, 12:31 AM
Things were easier now, he thought. Or at least, felt a bit easier...now that the pack was no longer indebted to the biking band, he felt like a weight had dropped off his shoulders and he could breath. The life of the pack could go on unhindered and without the worry of anyone else potentially looking over their shoulder. As he emerged from his cabin, he heard Drifa howling for him. Curious, Acere wasted no time in seeking her out. He'd find her on the deck of the ship, and as he approached, he could sense something perhaps wasn't quite right but he didn't know what it was. Still, he offered her a smile and a nod as he approached and sat down. "Good day Drifa, what can I do for you?" She was a valuable member in the pack, enough at least that he had offered her one of the highest positions that she deserved. Her work in helping the members of the pack after the raids and her helping Yurei with that as well was admirable. He thought highly of her, of course. And wondered what she might have called him for.

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

08-31-2020, 08:49 PM

Drífa settled down to wait. Her companions drew close to keep her company. At least it was a warm day as far as the northern territories went. She smiled gently as Acere appeared and greeted her. "Hello, Acere. Please sit, talk with me a moment. I know I haven't been in the position of Grand Maester but I'm afraid I should like to retire to the rank of Elder. I'm of course always happy to offer advice but it I should like to sit back and enjoy the time I have left." She continued to smile gently. "I have lived older than most of my kin but I am suffering an internal illness. One that has taken other members of my family and for which there is no treatment. I hope to be with you another year but I can make no promises." Having her mortality framed with a time frame brought a confusing mix of thoughts to her mind, many of which she hadn't quite sorted out. She supposed in some ways this wasn't entirely unexpected. She was getting to that age, but still there was part of her that felt like like would just continue winding on forever. It was a strange thing to see an end to that path, at least in this world.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
09-03-2020, 03:39 PM
She greeted him in turn and asked him to sit which he promptly did. He turned his full attention to her, and it wasn't long before she told him what she had to say. She started with her rank, explaining that she would like to retire, which to him, sounded fair enough. What he didn't expect, however, was what came next. He remained quiet as she talked, though he could feel the feeling of sadness washing over him. While he knew that everyone died at one point or another, it was a different feeling altogether when one more or less knew when they would die. And she seemed to know how much time she might have left. Though even that wasn't completely certain.

He appeared somber, but he understood. "I understand, Drifa. You may retire to the Elder rank, and...I do hope we get more time with you as well. I know I've been busy what with that deal to Hjarrandi, but now that that's over perhaps you and I can chat here and there like proper old coots, eh?" He chuckled a bit, the thought that had been sitting in the back of his mind tried to surface but he pushed it down. He knew he would need to retire soon...but he needed to train someone to take his place before he could do that. "Thank you for all that you've done for the pack, Drifa. I, and everyone else appreciate your work and guidance. I'm glad you came to join us, really."

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

09-05-2020, 03:10 PM

Drífa was glad to see Acere take her news well and she was relieved to be able to retire. That would give her the time she needed to enjoy her remaining time without the weight of responsibilities weighing on her shoulders. She smiled and nodded. "Yes, we should. I'm glad that business with Hjarrandi is over. Perhaps now the pack can settle into some sense of normalcy, though we'll have to see. I would not be surprised to see a retaliatory raid from Ashen in the future." It was hard to say what the other pack would do. She did not know much of them other than the fact they were a prideful group.

"Thank you, Acere. I'm glad I joined Winterfell. It's done my heart good to be part of a pack again."

-end?-