Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
08-12-2020, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 12:11 PM by Ásvor.)
Ásvor scratched at the side of her face with one of her forepaws, trying to soothe the angry welt that was forming beneath her coat. The fact that she'd only gotten one, maybe two stings in the process of taking down a beehive was a feat in itself, so she wouldn't complain about the very minor and very temporary injury she'd sustained. She had no doubt it could've been much worse. She'd long since dragged the hive away from its original spot, worried that vagrant bees would return and seek their vengeance on her - but she was pretty sure she was in the clear now.

Giving her face another good scratch, she settled down beneath a particularly vibrant redbud tree. This spring so far was proving to be quite a luscious one so far, with enough rain to warrant plentiful plant growth... and these colorful trees were no exception, painting the landscape in an almost blinding cascade of color in every direction.

But her attention was on her task at hand, rather than the landscape. Positioning the hive between her paws, she did her best to put pressure on it carefully, trying to split it in half without making the thing crumble entirely. She knew there was honey inside, and it was her intention to harvest it. Beside her lay a makeshift leather wrap, something that made transporting things much easier. With the sort of spring they were having, she knew she ought to get into herb-collecting mode just in case, and so wrapped inside the leather was a healthy bundle of herbs she'd gathered so far on her trek today.

Spring, Year 15 - Healing Seasonal
Words: 272
Total: 272

Lyric

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

ExplorerPride - DemisexualHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
08-12-2020, 04:02 PM

The young male walked through the strange land with his calm pace of always, never rushing,never taking life as a race.A race that for him didnt have to be taken too fast.He always thought that the path and whatever happened on it was more treasured than reaching the end first.And like that he took his time to allow himself to look at the place he was now walking through.And while he did,his mind was still troubled in what he was going to do from now on,he still wasnt sure if he would manage to gather the bravery for returning home,where he last saw his father and mother. Siblings as well, and that made him doubt about what to do yet. Could he live with the guilt that their departure lends him? Could he forgive himself? Could he dare to live there again? He left the pack without a trace, and he wouldn't blame them if he wouldn't be re-accepted again. Afterall he abandoned them. But he didnt leave because of them at all,he left because of his own shit,his own trash.

In silence he didnt knows where he was heading to,he just wanted to clean up his mind and heart if he managed to.But soo far it has been harder than he thought it would be. But then, he took notice of a figure at the distance,a woman of red and white hairs. He just stared at them in silence, eyes of blue resting on their form and what seemed to be on her legs.A beehive it was. ' What is she doing?' He thought as he considered what to do. On one hand, he felt curious but his more reclusive side made him keep his distance,it could be a hostile individual and he didnt want to check if they were or not.

But then he dared to walk closer but just a bit, still safely away from the female. "Excuse me miss. Is that I am curious about what you are doing, may I watch?" He asked calmly but being polite.

wc- 340

"Speech"

[Image: lyric.png]

Lyric has a female Perrier's sifaka named Lola she is with him all the time unless specified otherwise.

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

08-13-2020, 07:52 AM
In the past Ásvor wouldn't have been thrilled at the idea of company, but it seemed she was growing soft as she aged. As she noticed a stranger in the corner of her vision, she found herself rather indifferent as to whether he joined her or not. After a short while he seemed to make his decision and began his approach, though thankfully for them both he maintained a respectful difference. Though Ásvor was becoming less and less hostile as she aged, she still didn't appreciated being caught unawares, nor her personal space intruded upon. He did neither, and she found himself already moving onto her list of tolerable wolves. He was young enough, anyway - probably still just finding his place in the world. She remembered being that way, so long ago now.

"Sure. Come and sit, if you'd like," Ásvor gestured to her opposite side, to the space unoccupied by her little bundle of herbs. "I was lucky enough to get this beehive down without much of a struggle. I was thinking of trying to harvest some of the honey inside," she explained lightly. She could go on further, if he needed more clarification - she twisted her head slightly to gauge his reaction. "Some of these herbs I have over here taste dreadful on their own. I was thinking maybe I could try to mix them - at least honey tastes good. Might make them go down more easily," Ásvor explained with a soft laugh. Some of the herbs were more recreational than medicinal, though now that Ulfr had entered her life she found herself considering his health above all other things. If he became sick, what would she need - and how the hell would she force him to eat bitter, awful-tasting herbs? Well, this was her method of figuring that out.

Words: 306
Total: 918

Lyric

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-13-2020, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2020, 08:50 AM by Lyric.)

"Sure. Come and sit, if you'd like," "Thank you," He said softly with a small bow with his head before he allowed himself to take a seat near her but giving her a polite space,not wishing to intrude so much on her personal space. Where he sat it was close and good enough for him to have a clear view of her actions.And there he could appreciate a fllen hive, presently knocked off and he wondered what she was going to do with it. 'Will she eat the honey? Or use it for another thing?' He asked within his head's domains, keeping his questions away from any verbal display,he often saved his questions to himself or atleats those he felt didnt had the need to escape his maw. Not for embarrassment,just because he didnt want to,not a deep reason behind it.

As he sat he saw something lying beside him but again he kept the question to himself for now. He didnt want to interrupt the female. "I was lucky enough to get this beehive down without much of a struggle. I was thinking of trying to harvest some of the honey inside," "How is that? Will you use the honey to make the herbs tastier?" Healing has been a heavy interest for Lyric, and this interest has been there from when he was just a pup.And he had the wish to be a healer in Abaven,but things happened and he just left the pack and the loss of his family erased part of that dream,and he wasnt sure if he would ever be able to finish it. But it didnt stop him from learning.

"Some of these herbs I have over here taste dreadful on their own. I was thinking maybe I could try to mix them - at least honey tastes good. Might make them go down more easily,""Can it be used for any herb? and Besides that use can the honey be used for treatments?" He asked innocently.

wc. 331
1249/1500

"Speech"

Lyric has a female Perrier's sifaka named Lola she is with him all the time unless specified otherwise.

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

08-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Ásvor noted he seemed pleased to be invited, thanking her and moving near to where she'd gestured he could sit. She twisted around just slightly to face him a bit better, angling herself and the hive so that he could get a better look at what she was doing. Maybe he'd learn something from her - maybe not. She didn't really care either way, but likewise she didn't feel like she had any reason to keep what she was doing a secret. A little company never hurt anyway.

She nodded at his question. "Precisely. A lot of herbs taste pretty bad on their own. Very bitter," she explained, in case he wasn't familiar with many herbs. Most of them had a similar bitter component to them, regardless of how they tasted otherwise. "I'm not sure the taste would compliment every herb but... most common ones, I think it'd be fine." Ásvor had no doubt there were herbs she'd never even heard of, so she couldn't really say that definitively, but honey was a taste that went pretty well with all different kinds of flavors as far as she knew. "I mostly just wanted to try it, just in case.. my son ever needs a treatment." Her son, that was what Ulfr had said to her, but she'd never really verbalized it out loud. Motherhood wasn't coming to her easily but she was slowly adjusting in her own way. Apparently this was part of the process.

The younger male asked also if honey could be used for other treatments, and she nodded easily. "Apparently it can be used to help heal burns, though I've never tried it myself." Carefully she managed to pry a large piece of the hive away, though actually extracting the honey looked a bit tricky. Glancing over to her pile of herbs, she snagged a few stray leaves of something and pulled them over, sliding a section of hive on top of the leaves. Using her paw she began to crush the hive, hoping that by doing so some of the honey trapped between the cells would be deposited beneath, onto the herbs. "Eating honey in general is supposed to be good for you, I've heard. Helps with your immune system." And probably a plethora of other things, but she didn't know every single benefit.

"Here, try if you'd like." Ásvor leaned over back toward her little herb bundle, grabbing a few sprigs of lavender. While she didn't find the flowers themselves too bitter, the leaves were, and when it came to ingested herbs often the leaves were good to consume as well. Likewise she grabbed a sliver of honeycomb, pushing the two of them toward him. "That's lavender, if you didn't know. It's good for relaxing, especially for sleeping."

Words: 463
Total: 1,712

Lyric

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-20-2020, 08:21 AM

"Ohh i see," He was new to this path of the healer,but he wasnt going to say that out loud,not for shame but just because he felt there was no need to say that. What mattered now was to learn all he could."I'm not sure the taste would compliment every herb but... most common ones, I think it'd be fine." Lyric himself didnt have knowledge of a big portion of the herbs out there,if none of them.And this was easily the first time he was actually being taught about them.He was grateful with the female for sharing her time with him a mere stranger,but for now he wanted to take all he could into his mind,and later on he maybe could express his gratitude.

And he felt his heart swirling respect for the older female,as she was doing this for her family.This reminded him of his own,the one he left behind. A wave of guilt hit his heart hard, making him struggle to take control of his emotions wanting to keep his calm manner.Asvor explained to him in what the honey could be used to in the medical arts. "Me neither," And he wanted to try it out but he held no wound nor burn in his body. Well maybe fir now he would try them out with the medicinal plants.

"Eating honey, in general, is supposed to be good for you, I've heard. Helps with your immune system." He nodded in response to her explanations.Later own she offered him to try out what she explained earlier.He nodded welcoming the offer and not only that she also described what lavender was and how it could be used.He accepted the herbs with the honey and would drive it to his mouth eating it. Licking his lips clean he felt happy but hiding it under his blank expression. "Thank you," He said smiling slightly. "I am Lyric Destruction, pleased to meeting you," He felt the time was good enough to share his name to the female.

"Speech"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

08-25-2020, 11:14 AM
Ásvor has never been the most selfless of wolves, but the aging female knew there was valuable in interacting with strangers. Teaching was not a one-way process, as much as her younger self would've argued it was. In teaching something to a complete stranger she was learning how her own mind worked, as well as learning how to teach in general. The lesson was as valuable to her as it was to Lyric, even if the benefits to herself weren't as immediately obvious.

"It's a bit messy, so I'm not sure how practical that would be," she added, as an afterthought to her comment about using it for burns. Just eating it was one thing, but coating an injury in it? She wasn't sure just how well that would actually work, for both the patient as well as the one tending to the injury. For a moment she cast a glance to the stranger, noting he seemed quiet, though pensive rather than disinterested. If he had no interest she wouldn't have bothered demonstrating this to him, but clearly he did. Likewise he accepted her herb without hesitation, and though she considered for a moment if she ought to remind him that accepting foreign substances from stranger wasn't always wise - but she reminded herself that she wasn't his mother. His well-being wasn't her concern, and either way the herb really was lavender, and would have no effects beyond the mildest relaxation.

Lyric Destruction was his name. Interesting. The Destruction family was one widely known all across the continent, and even she had encountered a few Destruction wolves in her time. "And I'm Ásvor Finnvi. If you ever need anything - related to healing, that is - just give me a call. I live west of here, past the big forest. You'll see a big, flat plain with a stretch of hills just beyond. My pack lives there." Why she was feeling so open to giving lessons, Ásvor wasn't quite sure, but it'd been a long time since she'd really spoken to her others about her craft and she wanted to continue, even if the wolf was not a Fireside member.