An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
08-12-2020, 05:44 PM

Hanako dashed along, paws thudding against the dry earth as her tongue lolled out of the side of her mouth. Gone were all pretences of poise and grace, she was on a mission and she wouldn't let pretending to be a lady slow her down. Passing over the territory threshold, Hanako made her way back to the pond and took a moment to have a drink and catch her breath. As clear as day in her mind she remembered the conversation she'd overheard, talk of a rebellion and bloodshed. Even now she wasn't entirely if it was true but the fact it could be...well either way she knew The Warlord would want to hear what she had to say. Tipping her head skywards Hanako called out for the Fatalis, hoping he hadn't ventured too far.

Whilst she waited she plonked her rear down and once again stared at her reflection in the water. Her mind swirled with thoughts as excitement bubbled in her chest, more than anything she wanted Sirius to praise her, to be proud of her intentions and accomplishments. As silly was it was she wanted to see him smile too, he seemed so gruff and serious, as greedy as it might be she wanted to see a part of him that was only reserved for family. But she was getting ahead of herself again, wasn't she?

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-12-2020, 06:25 PM
The Warlord heard the call of his newest member, and went in search of her. He had given her a mission, and now he would be able to see the fruits of it. How much information would she have gathered, what had she seen and heard? He assumed she must have found Resin. Discovered who the older woman was. If not, then there was no hope for her. The pathway to spy would be over before it began.

He was not far, and approached the direction of her howl in no time. He arrived before her, and plonked down beside her and the water. A fish darted away from his sudden shadow, and he turned his head towards Hana. “Alright, what do you have for me?”

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
08-12-2020, 06:55 PM

Hanako's tail wagged a mile a minute as Sirius arrived. She waited for him to settle, fidgeting on the spot till he finally asked the question she was desperate to answer. Pulling in a deep breath, Hanako pushed her nails into the dirt as she, at the last moment, went over what she wanted to say. She was briefly tempted to explain how she'd gone about the task, but that wasn't what he'd asked. Her methods of gathering information didn't matter much in the long run, even if it would be a good way of showing off her prowess she decided to leave it out for now. It was hard for her to remain serious when it was all so exciting, she managed to keep her posture casual enough but as always the swishing of her tail gave it away.

"Mmm. I found Resin in the willows, sitting by the river till she ran off to the meeting. Didn't notice me as far as I could tell. I couldn't make out who she was talking to but I know they were at least a canine. They spoke of a takeover, blood being shed and that it would take place tonight." She explained, speaking at a quiet, yet conversational volume. As though she was worried about listening ears.

She had her own thoughts, theories and what not but again she kept her lips sealed for now, eager to hear what Sirius thought of her report.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-12-2020, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 07:05 PM by Sirius.)
Sirius listened quietly for a moment, and his eyes seemed to steel over. Resigned. "It’s worse than I thought," he said softly. He looked at the pond once more, as through contemplating peace. Then, he got suddenly to his paws. "Then we have no time to lose. I thought we could trust her, and I was wrong. Here's what I want you to do. Be my wolf on the inside, go to her, and tell her whatever you have to. Tell her you hate the leadership here and want to help her. Buy me time to muster a force." He sighed softly, and placed a paw over hers. "You've done well, but the night’s not over yet. Go, go now." He urged her. Turning intense blue eyes upon her. She had done well to get the information seh had, and so quickly.

He waited until she was well gone from sight, and Marshal peeped the all clear above them. Then his side heaved, and he laughed softly. He was a cruel old man. But he wanted to see how far Hana would take this, he wanted to push her loyalties, and see what she would do if she thought, even for a moment, that this was real. “Follow her” he ordered the bird.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-13-2020, 06:35 PM

Hanako gawped. So it was true? She was certain that if it was all a ploy, part of her test, he would have said as much by now. But that look in his eyes, all steely and serious, said it all. The Armada was in danger of collapsing from within and the fault laid at the paws of someone who Sirius truly thought he could trust. How long had Resin been planning this out? Was it a spur of the moment thing, or had the elder been playing the long game all along? Hanako's heart ached in her chest as she hoped that he wasn't just putting on a strong front, acting as though it didn't bother him, when in reality it must've stung at least a little. She nodded at his instructions, pushing the emotional baggage aside as she focused on the reassuring weight of his paw. He could trust her, she'd do whatever it took to buy him time.

"Yes Sir!" She cheeped at his bidding, rushing from the pond and back towards the Willows, completely oblivious to the bird tailing her above.

She hoped Resin hadn't gotten too far, if not she supposed she could just follow her trail but the sooner she distracted the old timer the better.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
08-13-2020, 11:17 PM
After her mock meeting, Resin had retraced her steps. The smell of the girl was thick in the air. That was a point against her. She hasn't used the wind well and she'd touched the tree that she was hiding behind which made her scent even more noticeable. The girl, because Resin still didn't know her name, was new to the whole spying game. She was sure that a few pointers would set her straight.

Back in Armada territory, Resin made her way towards her spacious den facing the woods where she was expected to be. The large dame settled her prodigious mass upon a pile of furs outside of the den. Now all she had to do was wait for either the girl or Sirius to show themselves.
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-15-2020, 05:55 PM

It didn't take as long to find Resin this time. Knowing her scent helped Hanako a bunch as she hurried along, nose twitching as she followed the airborne bread crumbs. Hanako could sense that Resin was back in the Armada territory, close to the willows. But as the wannabe spy drew close she slowed, realising she hadn't figured out what she wanted to do next, what the best approach would be It didn't seem like a wise idea to just approach Resin and go "oh yeah this place sucks doesn't it, lets kill everyone!" For all her naivety even she could see how bad of an idea that was, that Sirius' plan would come crumbling down around her paws if she didn't play this right.

And then Hanako thought of meadow and her heart ached so fierce she felt a little sick. Her friend had spoken so highly of her, as though she was truly someone Meadow thought she could rely on and yet look at what Resin had gone and done. She'd ruined it all and for what? Unless...no, surely not, right? Meadow wore her heart so plainly on her sleeve, there was no way she could be up to no good. Hanako hummed as she weighed it all in her mind, the scales tipping back and forth till she raised her gaze, her eyes sharp and resolute. All she had to do was buy time, right? Learn what she could and stall and stall till Sirius was ready to make his move. Not as easy as her previous task but...she wanted to try.

Hanako approached, ears flicking and lips down turned  in a big show of uncertainty. As far as she knew Resin had no reason to suspect her or know that she was coming, but she put together an alibi nonetheless. She sniffed the air and her brows drew together in frustration.

"Hi um... sorry to bother you but have you seen Meadow?" Hanako asked with a slight tip of her head. The best lies were formed around truths. "She said she'd go sea shell collecting with me later but I can't find her."

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

08-15-2020, 11:20 PM
Ah, so he would send the girl first. Sneaky. Resin hoped that the girl wouldn't be offended or upset at his little jest. The womans longer golden eye took in the sight of the spy. She was oddly colored which could work against her in her chosen profession. Resin would suggest getting a cloak when this was all over. She was small as well enough rolled work to her advantage. She still came from downwind so her scent was thick in the air.

As the girl neared Resin noted the demure disposition that she took. Black ears flicked forward as she spoke and she pulled her attention from the curved steel claws that she was sharpening. Looking for Meadow? Seashells? The scarred womans gaze narrowed as she continued to play the part. Her deep rumbling tones crept free with one single word. "No." She wouldn't make it easy for her. She then went back to sharpening the claws on her bracers, sliding the metal ominously over stone.

Resin hoped that Sirius would show himself soon. One of his companions was most likely scoping out the scene. Her own were hidden in the long grass, not that they were really companions. Scavengers and long time nuisances was more like it.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-16-2020, 02:37 PM

Resin said nothing. The silence lingered heavy between them, oppressive and choking, as she stared Hanako down with her unscathed eye. It seemed as though losing one eye had done nothing to impact the intensity of her gaze, it was razor sharp and made Hanako feel as though she was awfully unwelcome. Like her very presence was an unforgivable intrusion. Normally Hanako could take a hint, but as things stood she felt as though she didn't really have a choice here.  If she just wandered off and left Resin unattended then who knew what she would get up to? More dastardly deeds most likely, schemer that she seemed to be.

And then Resin finally responded, her voice low and gruff; further proof that she was in no mood for conversation. Why, cause she was too busy? Hanako's pale gaze wandered to the bracers, to the gleam of the metal and their worryingly sharp edges. Her ears tilted a little, taking in the sounds of the rustling grass as she casually sniffed and noted that whilst there wasn't anyone immediately nearby it was highly likely they were completely alone. Maybe that's why she was being so cagey, not wanting to give anything away.

"Oh." Hanako practically deflated. Either way she'd learned something from that brief exchange, the softly soft approach wasn't going to work. Not on someone as tough as Resin."If you happen to see her could you tell her I was looking for her? I'd really owe you big time." Hanako said, willingly and openly offering Resin the upper paw. Not that she seemed to need it.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

08-16-2020, 03:31 PM

Ah, how she kept trying...

The girl swallowed, acted demure once more and asked if Resin could tell Meadow that she had been looking for her. A low growl rumbled up in the scarred woman's throat and the thick fur mane around her neck bristled. She brought her full attention to the brightly colored wolf, piercing her with that single sulfur eye. Slamming down the claws that she had been sharpening, Resin got quickly to her feet, edging into the girls space. Her gaze was hard and her words were as well. "I have more important things to do than play messenger among children."

Hurry up, Sirius...

The woman lowered her voice to a quiet, growlish whisper, her mouth close to Hanako's ear. "If you don't remove yourself from my presence, you'll be first on my list when it starts." She pulled back just enough to flash a grin filled to the brim with a mouth full of serrated teeth right next to the girls eye. "Now run away, child. Run for your life." A growl bubbled up within her and she lunged, purposefully missing Hanako's ear with her snapping jaws.

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-16-2020, 03:44 PM

The Warlord approached quietly behind the two of them, waiting to see when the smaller wolf would notice him. Resin had clocked him the moment he stepped forward, the twitch of an ear had told him that much. But then, she was also the wolf facing him. Hana had his back to him, and was likely very entranced with what was going on before her.

Would she flee in fright from the threat Resin apparently posed? He cleared his throat softly, announcing himself. “Thank you, Resin. You have proved yourself a master at intrigue. And Hana, you have a lot of heart and threw yourself in without knowing the pieces, because your Alpha told you to. That’s a loyalty that can’t be brought. I’m proud of you. To clarify, Resin is not taking over the pack. Not yet, at any rate.” he winked at the older wolf.

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-16-2020, 04:35 PM

Hanako gritted her teeth when Resin got to her paws. It wasn't looking good for her, to say the least. The mood shifted once again, Resin's words took a venomous edge, cutting and jagged like her teeth, as she dismissed Hanako's request without even a moment of consideration. Hanako should have backed off, surely she'd bought enough time by now, as big as he was the Warlord couldn't have been that much of a slowpoke, right? But then Resin drew in close, daring her to run, making the consequences of not doing so crystal clear. Hanako's ears flicked, mentally registering that she heard the paw steps of someone approaching, but as Sirius anticipated she was far too tangled up to even think of turning around.

And then Sirius spoke and Hanako nearly leapt out of her skin. She expected harsh words, perhaps even for him to rip and tear into Resin for her betrayal but he didn't. His words were calm and collected, jovial even. Hanako's eyes nearly bulged out of her head as she looked back and forth between the two wolves, her mouth gaping open like she was a fish on dry land.

"Wuh?" Was all Hanako managed, a far cry from her usual poise and grace. "Buh- I- You!" She wheeled on Sirius, only to turn to Resin a the second after her gaze had landed. "I- I'm so sorry, I thought you were evil!" Sirius had complemented Resin's acting skills, and for good reason but his own couldn't be sniffed at either. They'd both gone and pulled the wool over Hanako's eyes.

When she finally managed to close her gaping mouth her smile turned sheepish as her tail began to wag, relieved that no bloody coup was going to happen any time soon. More than that he was proud of her! He thought she'd done well, those weren't words she'd let go of anytime soon.

"Do you think I can do it?" He didn't seem to question her loyalty but what about her ability?

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

08-16-2020, 04:55 PM

She could see the fear in the girl's eyes and almost felt bad for a moment, but it would all be worth it. Sirius drew near and put and end to the charade. Finally able to put a bit of name to the face, Hana, as Sirius had called her, widened her eyes and looked about incredulously. The maned woman released a low chuckle and took a step back before sliding down to lay upon her stomach once more, fully at ease now.

Hana apologized for thinking that Resin was evil and the old wolf chuckled. "Not today, at least. And I will tell Meadow that you called." Hana asked if she could do it and, since Resin had been at the forefront, witnessing the skills, she answered. "You need work, but you've shown promise. No one is born with a full skill set." One black ear flicked absently. "Tweak a few things and you'll be ready to gather information for the Armada before you know it." She then turned her gaze to Sirius. "What do you think? What did she tell you that she saw and heard?"

"Speech"
[/quote]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-16-2020, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 05:07 PM by Sirius.)
Sirius grinned and padded over to Resin, sliding forward on his forepaws until his belly was on the earth. He glanced across at the wolf that was his sister's mother. The wolf that he had learned he could lean on, and rely on. No, Resin would be the very last wolf to destroy the haven he had made here. He licked her ear, a silent thanks for her work, before turning to Hana.

“I think you could make it work for you, if you want it. With hard work, practice, and learning.” he said, adding to Resin’s words. At the older wolf’s question, he thought back to what Hana had said to him. It was a good question, it was important to know how much she had taken in. She said she found you in the willows, sitting by the river until you ran. Leading her to the meeting point. You showed no sign of seeing her, and she could not tell who you spoke to. The creatures were canine in nature. You spoke of a takeover, blood to be shed, and that it was happening tonight.” he concluded, looking over at Hana to see if he had missed anything.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

08-16-2020, 05:17 PM

Hanako planted her flank down on the ground, following suit as Sirius settled down. Had she been any other wolf she might have felt a sting of betrayal, but as far as she was concerned it had all been for her own good. No harm was done and even if Resin was really scary when she wanted to be it was nice to see her lighter side too. And of course, like any good girl, she thanked Resin, grateful that she'd keep an eye out for her friend and pass her message along. Knowing Meadow she was out and about collecting flowers and plants and other healery things no doubt.

The wannabe spy nodded in agreement to Sirius words, she'd said about as much.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

08-16-2020, 05:37 PM

A little affection was given and the woman case Sirius a sidelong glance. Resin listened as he spoke, relaying the information that Hana had given him. She nodded. "Correct as far as words go." She then turned her gaze to Hanako. "Words are one thing. It would have been better had you found out just who I was speaking with. Then we would know where the threat was coming from on all sides." She motioned for the girl to look behind her. "In this case, I was simply speaking to two jackals stacked on top of one another." The pair of side striped jackals lay a few yards away, curled up in a patch of light, fast asleep.

"Keep in mind to hide your scent from your quarry. I couldn't see you, but I could smell you. Stay downwind or cover your scent with a stronger one. Or mask it all together with mud." So she knew a bit about spying... "Furthermore, you coloring is so bright. Make sure you're aware of it. If necessary, you could cover yourself with a cloak."

"Speech"