reckless abandonment

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-15-2014, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 03:47 PM by Ara.)

The cure had been found -- and Novel, as well as the rest of the pack, seemed to be getting better. Initially she'd been hesitant at the cure Song had described, as the combination of herbs was a strange one, but it seemed to be working. Slowly she watched strength come back into Novel, watched the passion for life return to her dear friend. She hadn't been sure if she would make it. She had been preparing for her father's death for some time, albeit silently and without ever voicing concern to others, but if Novel had somehow not made it, she would've been completely taken aback.

Still she found it necessary to keep her company. If she needed something, Ara would be there, making sure she was given more herbs if she needed it, as well as whatever else she might need. On this particular morning, she rose before the sun made its presence known. Slowly she blinked, shaking sleep from her eyes, rousing carefully beside Novel so as to not awaken her. Quietly she would slip from her side and move to the den's entrance, peering out into the darkness. Only the faintest hints of color began to peek from beyond the horizon, and the stars still remained overhead, glimmering brilliantly in the dark winter sky.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
06-16-2014, 11:38 AM

The girl had nearly lost her life and she knew it, however as she was given the cure the hallucinations had stopped and her life returned. She had come back from the brink, and the first face she would see was that of Ara. She would find that the goddess she had admired while sick had indeed been her two toned friend. Though consciousness would only stay with her for so long, there was an incapacitating tiredness that had come after as her body did its best to recover.
As the sleep held her almost completely for the days after she was given the cure finally she would begin to feel again. As consciousness found her she would feel Ara move gently beside her. Novel would have never guessed the girl would have stayed with her for so long. They were fast friends, but to be so devoted as to sleep next to her during the sickness and the recovery. Novel was sure she'd found a friend for life.
Brilliant blue eyes would open and would focus on Ara's form that had settled near the entrance of the den. She would silently watch her for a moment, taking in her soft form before trying to rouse herself. She would fail trying to stand, her legs slipping back underneath her as she tried to join Ara but a few feet away.

"speech"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-16-2014, 09:06 PM

As Ara knew Mercury and Faolan were both tending to her parents, she knew she did not have to worry about them as much as she did. They had kept away from the others during the plague, and she was thankful -- getting so sick for them meant certain death, and Ara was not yet ready for that day. Truthfully, she didn't know if she would ever be ready, but she knew she didn't want to see them go like this.

It didn't take long for Novel to stir as well, and she sighed, wishing she had not awoken her. She'd been hoping to go and find some food for her, and perhaps drop something off for her parents as well, but now that she was awake she wouldn't feel right leaving her. Slowly she turned her head to gaze at Novel, eyes still slowly adjusting to the still-dark skies. The girl still had not yet fully recovered, though the seizures had faded and the blood no longer ran from her eyes. She seemed much more calm now, but her body was still not as well as she had hoped.

"Wait," she spoke in hushed tones, as though she might awaken someone if she spoke louder. The dusk was serene, and she felt uncomfortably disturbing the silent lands. "Let me help." Slowly she rose to meet Novel where she lay, pressing her weight lightly into her and hoping she could help her walk to the den's entrance. She wasn't sure if that was where she wanted to be, but it seemed appropriate. After all, the scene was lovely, with dull colors beginning to peek over the horizon, though the sky was still dark and the stars were unwilling to fade just yet.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
06-17-2014, 03:04 PM

She had slept a good amount since being given the cure, it was not a surprise that Ara's gentle movements would arouse her from slumber. She would try to struggle to her feet but her attempts were futile. Ara would take notice, her sigh finding Novel's ears. The girl would look up with vibrant clear water blue eyes taking her in, "Wait," Ara's words were hushed, Novels mismatched ears would take her in curiously. "Let me help." The corners of her pale lips would turn up into a shy smile. She didn't remember much from the illness except how terrible it was. The thoughts of the golden goddess that stayed by her side were all but a dream. Though in the back of her mind she knew that Ara had been with her the entirety of her sickness.
The dual toned girl would bring herself to Novel's side, her soft fur coming to mingle with her own as Ara offered her side. She would rise with ease as she leaned into her companion's shoulder, her legs still shaky. Her weight would be held beneath them this time as they moved to the entrance of the den. Novel would take in the intensifying colors of the sky as they reached the easy destination. Her haunches would coil beneath her as she leaned into Ara's shoulder. "thanks." she would say softly, her voice quiet from disuse. She would stay quiet for a moment, the silence of the morning surrounding them as the sun would beginning to dance on the white snow. "Were you with me.. the whole time?" The weight of her actions were not lost on Novel.

Speech,

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-17-2014, 07:45 PM

Novel had been alive and slowly growing strong again, but she had not exactly been present. During much of her healing, she slept and slept, only awakening briefly to bring her water, as well as herbs. It seemed now, though, that Novel had a sparkle of awareness in her eyes that she had not seen for some time. It elicited a smile from her, and she found herself pressing gently into Novel's side, grateful to feel the other girl respond. She hadn't truly known if she would make it at all, and to see her getting better was truly a joy.

She stood strongly beside her, unwilling to let Novel stumble and fall again. Slowly they moved together to the den's entrance, and she slowly lowered herself down to her hindquarters, following Novel's gaze as she watched the dusk sky. It truly was beautiful, and was in awe of how vast it all was. Did the world stretch even further than he parents had described to her? How much world was there to explore?

The silence cloaked the two like blankets, and she was surprised to hear the soft voice echoing beside her. The question was surprising, and she slowly nodded as he gaze shifted from the sky toward Novel. "Of course I was," she told her with a gentle smile. "Did you think I would leave you?" Even if she had wanted to, she had already been exposed, and was unwilling to place anyone else in potential danger.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
06-20-2014, 10:09 AM

Ara would prevent her from stumbling as the two would slowly make it to the den entrance with out incident. As Novel's form settled Ara would mirror her, still offering a steady support. She would lean onto the taller girl's shoulder, her head fitting into the crook of her neck. Her gaze would stay upon the open skies and the birth of the day's sun. Her voice was curious though, she would realize that it was not family that had kept themselves with her. Instead this girl she called her friend risked her life to stay by her side. "Of course I was, Did you think I would leave you?"
Novel didn't know what she thought. First she was in awe that someone, not even blood related to her, had stayed with her during the awful sickness. She knew she couldn't have been an easy patient. A smile would curl up her lips as she let her gaze find its way to Ara's features. "no.. i mean.. I don't know what I thought. I guess I hadn't expected to wake up next to you." She was kind of awkward as the words poured from her mouth unfiltered. "Thank you."

"Speech" Think "Elohim"

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Though she truly had wanted to stay with Novel and to make sure she was okay through her sickness, she wouldn't have dared expose her parents to this horrible plague. Ara had even taken a small amount of the herbs herself, as though it might keep her safe from the illness. She didn't know if it was contagious, but she had not contracted it -- she was thankful, but wondered if she had been stupid to be so willing to be in such close proximity to Novel through it all. What if she had gotten sick? That wouldn't have done either of them any good.

But somehow, they had gotten through it. Together, even if the girl beside her had not expected her to still be here. There had been no other option for her. A contended sigh slipped from her lips as she felt Novel lean into her, and suddenly she felt all the worry she had felt for so many weeks slip away. "No need to thank me," she said, her voice soft, hardly louder than a whisper. "I couldn't imagine just leaving you alone..." She knew Elohim wouldn't leave her completely alone, but even still, it wouldn't have felt right to her. A soft smile was offered as she turned her head to the left to gaze fondly at Novel. "It seems the others are healing as well. There will be no fatalities, I hear." It was truly a blessing, and she wondered if the other packs had been affected, and hoped that they had fared as well as Ludicael had.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
06-23-2014, 08:09 PM

She just wanted to put the dreadful sickness behind her, she didn't want to think about it and she certainly did not want to relive it. However, one instance she would always remember would be that Ara had stayed with her throughout her whole ordeal. Novel's ears would swivel slowly to catch the girl's sigh right before she would speak, "No need to thank me, I couldn't imagine just leaving you alone..." Novel would find herself smiling, she found pleasure in the fact that there was someone outside of her family that cared for her so much. Even more than some of her family she was sure.
She didn't want to think about Symphony, and how she'd been abandoned by her mate, how her own children were the entire focus of her being. Hadn't Novel meant something to the woman? It didn't seem like it sometimes.. "It seems the others are healing as well. There will be no fatalities, I hear." She would let the good news overtake her thoughts, she didn't want to be so negative coming right out of her sickness. "I'm relieved the sickness is over, I don't know what I would have done if any of my family had perished.." Especially one of the little ones. She would try not to think of her own mortality, and how close she had been to meeting death. "But.. now what. Do we just get on with our lives and forget anyone was sick?"

"Speech"

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-23-2014, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014, 09:03 PM by Ara.)

Though she knew Novel had not been fully herself or fully conscious for weeks now, she wondered what she had seen. Had she dreamed during those weeks? Had she seen the gods that so many of the wolves of Ludicael seemed to believe in? Her own father had told her that such things were myth and myth alone, and held no fabric of truth, but she would not hesitate if any of the wolves told her of their faith -- she had even wanted to ask Novel about it, but certainly not in such a fragile state.

She matched Novel's smile with one of her own, illuminating her normally somber features with a happy expression. Her friend seemed to grow quiet then, her gaze distant, as though her attention briefly had strayed. Ara would give her the silence she seemed to need, content to feel the warmth of Novel beside her. For so long she had thrived on the comfort and presence of her parents, mainly her father, but she felt a different kind of joy being near another. A soft sigh left her lips, and she let her head bump against Novel's gently. "Now?" she inquired gently, wondering what the other girl meant. "Now... we don't forget that everyone was sick, but we use it to remember how precious life is, and we live it to the fullest." Gently she leaned over, nudging Novel lightly with her nose, her smile appearing once again. She'd always grown up under this impression; that life should be lived to the fullest, regardless of the circumstances. "Speaking of living, do you feel well enough for a walk? I'll help you." The sun had begun to peek over the horizon now, the dull colors that painted the sky now turning golden and red as the sun barely reared its head from slumber. Though the sky was beginning to brighten, the stars still twinkled gently overhead, though their light seemed to be fading.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
06-29-2014, 05:07 PM

She'd certainly seen much during her sickness, however most of it she would rather forget. There were gods within the hallucinations, most of them whispering something about her brother. They never mentioned any names. There had been a sadness associated with the experience, and she didn't want anything to do with the feeling.
So the girl would start to forget her dreams. She would sit in Ara's company, they would talk, and her life would slowly turn happy again. It seemed so easy with such a close friend. She would start with an inspiring set of words, ones that would reflect the sadness she felt in her dreams. It was an odd feeling, but she would nod in agreement. "Speaking of living, do you feel well enough for a walk? I'll help you." her smile would grow as she let the idea wash away the subtle tingles of unhappiness. "Yes, I think I'd like that." She didn't doubt that she would need Ara's help either. When her companion would lead she would follow, propped up beside her.

"Speech"

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-30-2014, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 12:43 PM by Ara.)

A peaceful feeling washed over her, easing the worries she had felt for so many weeks. A warmth had begun to sprout in her heart, seeping through her limbs and filling her soul with a new kind of joy. She had never before seen anyone come so close to death, and Ara had a new appreciation for life now as she gazed upon Novel's face. Her parents ahd always been honest and open with her that they did not have many years left in this world, and she had always tried to live life knowing that, and struggling to not take it all for granted. But this had been unexpected and terrifying... She wondered if Novel knew how scared she had been for her, or if she knew how much caring for her had changed her.

Novel seemed to agree that a walk would be a good idea, and she smiled again, glad for her compliance. "Good, she commented softly, nodding her head slowly. She knew that Novel would need help walking, as her muscles hadn't been in use for weeks now. The sooner she could begin to stretch them and put them into use, the better, as they woudld heal more quickly then. Without thinking much, she leaned to place a gentle lick on the side of Novel's face before beginning to walk with her. She would do this a million times if she had to, to help Novel regain her strength and grow well again, though she knew her help would only be necessary for so long. She was young and recover for her would be quick.

Her parents, on the other hand... she knew she ought to stray from Novel now that she was doing better, and spend time with them. "May I ask," she started, her voice laced with audible uncertainty. "...what kind of things you saw when you slept? I heard you talking sometimes, as though you were dreaming." It seemed different than a dream though, and she couldn't help but vocalize her curiousity.