size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
08-17-2020, 07:07 PM
He was still uncertain of his skill, but at the very least the advice that he’d gotten from Meadow would help him help his beloved lady. Roan wasn’t sure how long he’d be able to let Iolaire continue her treatments if they continued down the road they were on. Putting herself through everything was valiant and so selfless, she didn’t deserve the misery it was putting her through. He hoped to alleviate her at least slightly, maybe make her feel well enough that she could enjoy a meal with him.

Roan made his way back to the cottage where he expected to find his lovely bride. He carried with him what he’d managed to bring back, if she took it now hopefully she’d feel better by the evening. Roan had a surprise for her that was best viewed when the sun was near the horizon. ”My love,” he uttered softly after laying down what he’d been carrying. Verdant gaze searched for her form, as he was eager to give her a return kiss.

As his Wife Iolaire may enter any of his threads.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-18-2020, 11:28 PM
Today hadn't been so bad. For a while, at least. With the rise of the sun, Iolaire was out working in the garden. It was spring after all and the plants wouldn't stop growing just because she'd purposefully made herself ill. Io had been weeding the top tier of the garden when the nausea and dizziness struck. Perhaps she'd been out in the sun for too long. So inside she went.

When Roan arrived from wherever he'd been and called out her name, Io was curled up in bed. It felt like she spent a lot of time there these days. She hadn't been asleep, but she felt as if she needed to be in bed, so that's where she was. "In here," she called out softly. "Dizzy again."

Some of the remedies for infertility were poisons. Poison in micro-doses weren't always deadly. That was why her stomach was so upset all the time and why she felt weak as a blade of grass. It was difficult to keep food down, even with the mint that she'd been chewing to ease her stomach.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
08-22-2020, 02:45 PM
Roan brought back with him the little gift basket that Meadow had given to him. Carefully he’d repeated the instructions back to himself so he might not forget what he was supposed to do. Iolaire told him where she was, as well as her current state. ”I’ll be right there.” He offered softly, she had all of his sympathy. Finally he was going to do something about it. For a few minutes he struggled at the hearth, but evenutally lit some smoldering coals. He’d seen his wife maketea a million times, surely he could replicate the process.

Quite a bit of time and effort later, and maybe a tiny bit of swearing that he’d tried to hide when he burned his toes, Roan pulled back the fur where Iolaire lay and presented her with the chamomile tea with freshly shaved ginger root and honey. While it was hardly the prettiest cup of tea, Roan felt relieved to offer his wife some relief. He positioned the bowl close by before giving her forehead a kiss and letting her enjoy his efforts. ”I’m sorry you don’t feel well. I… really wanted to help you feel a little better.” He nudged the bowl again before aimed to curl his huge body around her.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

08-23-2020, 08:52 PM
Roan's soft voice sounded again telling her that he'd be in shortly. From her place in bed, the tired woman heard him bumbling around the main chamber. He may have even cursed once or twice. She couldn't hide how curious she was and raised her head, trying to peer out the slit between the edge of the room and the fur over the doorway. Unfortunately, she couldn't see a damn thing, so she was forced to wait patiently.

Eventually Roan came into the room holding a small bowl. It steamed and she could smell the sweetness of honey and ginger. They overpowered the chamomile until it was set before her. The small woman inhaled deeply, tired eyes closing momentarily. She then looked upon her husband with quiet wonder. This was a tea for nausea. Had he been paying attention when she'd made it before? Tilting her head, she asked. "Where did you learn how to make this?" Never would she imagine that he'd gone asking.

Lowering her muzzle to the tea, she took a small sip to test the temperature before taking a larger sip. The warmth of the tea filled her insides and she released a sigh of pleasure. "Thank you." She loved him so much, but this was unexpected. It was good to know that he realized what she was putting herself through for them both.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
08-26-2020, 07:07 AM
As she took in the scent of the brewed tea Iolaire closed her eyes and for a moment seemed completely content. Roan felt his features shift into a half smile as he watched a bit of tension leave her beautiful form. She was putting herself through so much grief for the two of them. So they could raise their family together. All of it would be worth it he hoped, once those little bundles were nestled between them. Roan watched with adoration as she looked back up to him and questioned where he’d figured this out from.

”Meadow helped me. I think I’ve watched you enough that I brewed it right?” It smelled good, hopefully the taste was similar. She sipped lightly and made noises of pleasure as a quick thanks left her lips. Roan grinned, ”You’re welcome. I wish I could do more.” He told her as he placed a kiss on her forehead before moving to curl around her smaller form. Roan wouldn’t take a moment of her discomfort for granted. He just prayed that one day soon she wouldn’t have to feel like this anymore.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

08-27-2020, 02:37 AM
When Roan admitted that he had sought out Meadow specifically so that he could make her feel better, tears filled Iolaire's eyes. She was so emotional lately. The herbs, tinctures, poultices, teas... it was all messing with her hormones, which... was the idea. She still didn't like being such a teary eyed fool.

Placing her face against Roan's shoulder, she sobbed. She sobbed about everything. Their journey, their love, their future. The dam within her broke and there would be no putting it back together. Not until the water levels tapered off, anyway. She curled herself into him and soaked his fur with her tears. He was just so amazing. She loved him so, so much. And then this gesture of selflessness? Roan was unlike any other man she'd ever been with. He was kind and thoughtful. He truly loved her and was devoted. She had to give him children. She just had to!

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
08-30-2020, 04:03 PM
The silver marked warrior would never try to make Iolaire cry, his heart nearly broke as her eyes grew tears though. She leaned into him softly and began to sob. Roan shifted the two of their bodies slightly, careful of the tea mug as he shifted her to his chest and put his massive arms around her as she cried. Her slim shoulders shuddered lightly as she curled against him and he held her and kissed her forehead lovingly. Roan never felt more complete than when she was beside him. They’d saved one another, and he felt like she was his other half. She was certainly his whole world.

"I love you." Roan hummed lightly and rocked her gently there in the pile of furs. He nuzzled the backs of her ears lovingly as he offered himself up as her foundation. Roan would hold her for as long as she wanted and would do anything she asked. ”I didn’t mean to make you cry.” He chuckled softly as he tried to lighten her mood. The smile at his lips evident in his voice. ”How was your tea?”

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

09-13-2020, 03:35 PM
Roan nuzzled into her and said that he didn't mean to make her cry. Iolaire laughed through her tears and shook her head, using one foreleg to wipe the liquid from her face. "No, you didn't make me cry. Well, you did, but you didn't." He would know what she meant. "I'm just overly emotional. This is taking a lot out of me emotionally and physically." The woman nuzzled into her husbands embrace, burying her face once more in the thick fur of his chest.

"The tea was amazing." To prove this, she lifted the dish with her little digits and brought it to her lips to drain the rest. During her crying it had cooled, but oh well. Io placed a kiss upon Roan's chin. "Thank you. Roan, I love you so much." He completed her. She was still amazed by him every day.