Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - BisexualBeevent
08-17-2020, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2020, 11:34 AM by Elise.)

Light, prancing steps carried her through the Veteran's Plateau while her tail wagged gently behind her. She was carrying a large leaf she had fashioned into a pouch of sorts just for the purposes of gathering the bits and bobs she was happening to find here. The sun made some pieces of metal glimmer from where they were hiding in the dust and dirt and she had made it her personal mission to collect ever pretty piece she found. They weren't all pretty of course - some of them were rusted or were too big for her purposes, but every once in a while she'd find a thin piece of chain, a small curved bit of metal here and there, or even a rare bit of jewelry. None of them seemed to be in whole, complete shape, but that was fine by her. She could make them into something else... maybe something as lovely as she had seen Cairo wearing at the festival.

She sighed longingly as she thought of the beautiful garment he had been wearing when they met. She looked down at her leaf pouch that was now laying mostly open in front of her and gazed at all the trinkets she had gathered so far. She thought she might have enough here to get started, but she really wished she could find something with some color. Perhaps if she could find something with some inlayed stones or something that had been painted... but maybe she was being too hopeful for her treasure hunt.

"Talk" "You" Think

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
09-05-2020, 03:37 PM

Wyndelin milled about the plateau that was full of all sorts of strange human relics. He was looking for a piece of steel to act as a striker with his flint. Hopefully something that was more wolf friendly. He'd found a metal ring that he'd set up as a fire ring and he'd added the wood he'd brought with him in a travois. His magpie was off gathering tinder while he looked for something to practice with. He was eager to get a nice fire going. He scrambled over a half buried tank and down to the other side to start digging through a good pile of odds and ends when he saw he wasn't alone. A lovely, young woman also seemed to be exploring. "Hi!" he chirped in greeting.

"Talk"

Elise

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - BisexualBeevent
09-07-2020, 10:18 PM

She gathered up her bundle again and kept moving and shortly afterward she heard the sound of rustling and digging that caught her attention. Her mismatched ears lifted with curiosity and she found herself drifting toward the noise just out of interest to see who else was out here rummaging through this stuff like she was. The gray, blue-eyed man was pretty easy to spot, especially with the sound of all the bits of metal and things that he was shuffling around to follow. She sat down her big leaf of treasures and moved a bit closer till he finally noticed her presence.

"Hello there," she said in response as she trotted a bit closer, giving him a warm smile that bordered on a grin. Her default expression these days was a sly grin so it was hard to do much else, but she attempted. He was a handsome man and she found herself especially drawn to his bright blue eyes that were even more light and sky-blue than her own with the very interesting markings that surrounded them. "Are you having any luck?" she asked curiously, making herself focus on the task he was working on rather than his looks for a moment. "I found a few good pieces, but I'm not quite finding what I want."

"Talk" "You" Think

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
09-11-2020, 09:01 PM

Wyndelin set down two log pieces with a space between them. Then he set two more crosswise on top of the first two, continuing to leave a space in the middle. He didn't have much for large pieces but it would have to do. Wynd next took a number of small sticks from his kindling bundle and added them to the middle. He carefully arranged them then added dead leaves and pine needles on top for kindling.

"Luck enough! I've found a few items I think I can use to start a fire. My name is Wyndelin. What exactly are you looking for?" Maybe he could help.

"Talk"

Elise

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - BisexualBeevent
09-14-2020, 01:24 PM

Elise watched the other man curiously as he went about stacking logs and sticks into what would soon become a campfire. Pieces of things that would help start a fire certainly sounded more practical and useful than what she was looking for, but that didn't really matter to her. They were pretty things and that was just as important in her mind. "I'm Elise," she replied when he introduced himself, offering him a smile and a polite dip of her head in response. "Oh mostly just pretty odds and ends. I'd really like to find something sparkly to use in some jewelry or to decorate a garment of some kind, but everything I've found around here seems to be a bit more... utilitarian."

She brought over the leaf full of scraps and metal pieces she had found so far and let it fall open so that they would be easy to see. "I'm not sure how much of this stuff I'll really use for what I'm wanting, so if you can make use of any of it feel free to take some." She settled down on her haunches as she eyed the fire he was making again. "What will you use the fire for?" she asked. It seemed like an awful lot of work so it had to be for something good... or at least she assumed the time he was putting in would yield some kind of significant benefit.

"Talk" "You" Think

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
09-26-2020, 10:15 AM

Wyndelin listened as the woman, Elise, stated that she was looking for pretty things for jewelry. He glanced around. He hadn't really seen too much he would use for jewelery. It all seemed to be pretty crude and rough metal. "Sorry, I haven't seen anything pretty." He took the metal striker in his mouth while holding his chunk of flint in his paws. Whipping his head to the side he struck the flint with the metal, causing sparks until eventually his tinder caught alight and a fire was born. Wynd set his find down. The long stick of metal was far easier for him to handle than the curved bit his companion used.

Wyndelin peeked at her bag of items and selected a few odd scraps that could maybe be molded into points or items for hunting. "Thank you for your generosity! I might smoke some meat to dry and preserve it. I have a fawn with me. You're welcome to join me if you like. I can share the kill as payment for your items, though I want to keep the hide. Give me a bit and I'll have it prepped for eating." The fawn had a pretty spotted hide. He padded over to the kill and start working his teeth into the flesh along the belly, seeking to get under the hide and pull it from the muscle.

"Talk"

Elise

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - BisexualBeevent
10-02-2020, 10:26 AM

Elise pouted a little with disappointment when he told her that he hadn’t come across anything like that in his searching, though she hadn’t really thought that he would. She’d been searching pretty throughly for a while now and if she hadn’t found anything she would have been shocked if he had, but it was still kind of a bummer to know that two sets of eyes hadn’t found what she was looking for. This place clearly wasn’t going to fill her needs so she might as well move on to looking somewhere else.

Before she could do that though, he offered to share some of his kill with her and she paused to look at the fawn with interest. Well, if nothing else then it would prevent her from having to hunt later so she couldn’t complain about that. It was certainly more than a fair trade and if anything she thought she was making off like a bandit in this deal. "I think I’ll take you up on that,” she agreed with a soft chuckle before settling down on her haunches near the fire he had built and watched as he went to work on the kill he had mentioned to prepare it for eating, smoking, and the like.

”You're quite the hunter gatherer type, huh?” she commented, an amused smile lingering on her lips. "Handsome and skilled is a good combination - you must have a lady waiting for you back in your pack.” With a curious glance she added, ”Or a fella - I don’t judge.”

"Talk" "You" Think

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
10-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Wyndelin worked quickly to strip the hide off the little deer and he flipped it over so it would lay fur side down and the fleshy part would begin to dry. He then brought the meal over to Elise so she could share in the meat. He took a few chunks off the side, swallowing them down and revealing one of the ribs that he worked to pull out of the body cavity. He'd thought about making some sort of ornamentation with a few of the bones.

Elise continued to speak and he dropped the rib bone just as soon as he'd pulled it out. "Oh, um-" He felt the heat rise to his face. "I er, I don't have a girlfriend. I'm…" His tail tucked tightly around his left hind leg. "Um, do you have a- a boyfriend?"

"Talk"

Elise

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - BisexualBeevent
10-08-2020, 05:54 PM

As soon as she saw the response her comment got, Elise couldn’t help the wide, amused grin that crossed her face. He reminded her a lot of how she had been when she first met Mercy - so adorably innocent. At one point even the mention of anything suggestive or insinuating toward anything sexual made her shy and uncertain. Oh how much she had changed. She didn’t really mind the change though. If anything it has just given her a whole new out look on what confidence was and where she could turn for fun to brighten up her otherwise boring days.

She chuckled softly at the question of a boyfriend and almost felt a little bad for teasing such a sweet boy… almost. ”I’ve had a few boyfriends,” she replied with an intentional, mysterious vagueness. Giving him a playful grin, she then turned her attention to the meat he had brought over to her. She gave him a bit of a break to get a hold of whatever fluster she had caused while she ate the delicious meal he had provided. So far she had found something useful or enjoy able about all the men she had been around long enough to get to know. Iroh with his tea, Tyrian with his humor, and now cute little Wyndelin with his skill in hunting.

When she was done she rolled onto her feet and gave herself a quick shake before walking around the fire to go over to where the gray-hued man was finishing up the preparations of his kill. She gave him a sweet smile and leaned in to press her nose to his cheek. “Thanks for the meal. It was delicious. Feel free to help yourself to those bits and bobs - I don’t really feel like carrying them around.” She was just about to turn to leave when she paused and gave him a little grin and a wink. “If you ever want a girlfriend… just let me know. I think we could work something out.”

-exit?-

"Talk" "You" Think