An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Sparrow was working her way through getting some supplies before she went out adventuring. She really wanted to start scouting some other people and some new places for whenever she decided to have her own pirate band. She knew she couldn't rely on Tyrian's kindness forever and while she knew she would always have a home here, this was his thing, and she wanted her own. Not that she wouldn't happily follow him to the ends of the Earth if he wanted her to, just that she had ideas for her life and as long as it wasn't a deal breaker to their friendship, she wanted to continue to see where those plans led her.

She could hunt for herself while she was out, but she wouldn't be able to do much if something got nasty. She wasn't the best healer but she knew how to make a nice poultice and to wrap wounds which would probably get her far enough to find help. She worked on wrapping a skin around some herbs and items that she'd tote along just in case, slinging the sack over her neck as she headed to get some water before heading out. On her way, she scented the new pack member- Alarr's friend. Maybe they'd be good pirate material? Sparrow figured she ought to introduce herself anyway, just in case she never made it back. As the scent grew closer, Sparrow let out a warning bark to announce her presence before trotting towards where she presumed the new member was.

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
1KValentines 2020VolcanoTreat 2019
09-09-2020, 02:30 PM
As awesome and cool as Fireside was, Pesto could do without the goat smell. At this rate she'd need to enlist Pasketti to craft her some sort of covering for her nose, at least until she was promoted out of the basic commoner rank. Tyrian may have been young but he definitely understood how to drive a wolf out from laziness and get them striving higher - Pestilence couldn't imagine sleeping with the livestock for any longer then necessary. The scent might never leave her coat.

A bark sounded and her head turned away from the herd in confusion. Approaching was a member of the pack she'd not quite met yet, one who was perhaps an age similar to her own. Pesto's expression shifted, her knitted brows relaxing as she offered her a friendly smile. "Hey there, can I help you with something?" "Please" Pesto thought. "Give me a reason to stop watching the goats."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
09-30-2020, 08:36 PM
As the other member came into view, Sparrow slowed. It was a black and white female who was as large as Tyrian at least. She looked over with curious, violet eyes that Sparrow immediately found herself locked into. When the other spoke, it took Sparrow a solid five seconds to realize she was supposed to respond. "Oh- um yeah I'm Sparrow Imperialis." Wait. Wait wait wait. She didn't ask for an introduction. FUCK. Sparrow looked for an escape by nature before remembering that this was a normal conversation. She could salvage this. She let out a chuckle, "Figured we should do introductions first." Yeah. Totally saved it.

Now to address the actual question. "Uh, I mean, I'm gonna take a hike for- I dunno- a few days and scout some areas. Figured I'd say hey in case I died out there." Sparrow shot the girl a sharp smile, but froze again when her eyes fell on the speckled form. "But- uh- you look like you can handle yourself, y'know, if you wanna come." Sparrow tried to pull her eyes from the girl, but only traced from her eyes to her maw to her scarred chest. "Cool scar, by the way... uh.. its a... not sure, but it's cool anyway." Great, now she was rambling.

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
10-04-2020, 03:19 PM

The conversation had taken a turn towards awkward and fast. If Pestilence was at her core a more confident wolf, perhaps she might have taken Sparrow's stuttering jumbled train of thoughts as sign of a stroke or something, but instead she found herself giving into her own anxieties and wondering what was she missing? Was there something on her face? Had rumors spread across Fireside somehow of something? Did this chick know Alarr, had he said something to her that caused the weird reaction? Whatever it might be, Pestilence found her own mind struggling with clarity as much as Sparrow's was.

Introductions fuck, of course. Pestilence was the new member, this bitch was probably some super-high-up-on-the-totem-pole warrior from the look of her. She shouldn't have needed to give her name, Pesto should have already known it. It didn't help that she was an Imperialis, a name she'd heard more than once and knew meant, well, something. Alarr and Tyrian were Imperialis, after all. "Oh fuck."She verbalized. "Yeah, I'm Pesto. Er, Pestilence. Pestilence Klein." Suddenly she wondered if introducing herself as only a Klein could be bad for her, if she was caught intentionally excluding half of her name would eventually someone catch on and call her out on her bullshit? "Actually, Klein-Abraxas. But it's a long story, the Abraxas'..." She trailed off, her words becoming a mumble as she tried furiously to suffocate her speech even while it left her tongue. "Somethin' about sacrifice, I don't know, nevermind." Nice.

The change of topic was something Pesto latched onto, her eyes widening and her head bobbing in agreement. "Yeah, yes! I can come. Handle myself? Psssh, I could handle anyone. I could even handle you." Wait, was that rude? Pesto had no idea how adept a fighter Sparrow was, for all she knew the Imperialis might be able to have her on the ground faster than Tyrian had. "Haha, kidding. Uhm, lead the way." With a gesture of her head she shut her flapping mouth and waited to go on whatever trip Sparrow thought might result in her murder. She'd realized the other girl had asked about her scars, but in the moment had nothing to say in reply. The topic of Toxicity made her outragiously angry and she didn't want to get off on the wrong foot with her packmate.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

10-09-2020, 08:31 PM
Luckily the other girl took Sparrow's mistake as her own and quickly introduced herself... kind of. She introduced herself, then corrected herself, then corrected that with a story before giving up. Sparrow couldn't help but to laugh an airy and lighthearted chuckle at it. "Well, it doesn't matter here- welcome Pestilence... not that, uh YOU'RE a pestilence- I mean you ARE, but you're not REALLY, physically, like in name only," she rambled for a moment before shaking her head. "That's, uh, an interesting name..." Sparrow mumbled before realizing she had said it aloud. Her eyes shot to Pestilence's for a second. "Not that I don't like it! It's a fine name! It fits you, I'm sure- wait no, no it doesn't. I mean, you're not a pest and I'm not actually a bird... like a sparrow is a bird, but I'm a wolf. I was actually named after my dead relative, but she wasn't a bird- uh obviously. Y'know, I'm gonna stop talking. Nice to meet you." Sparrow flashed her a toothy smile. Yup, definitely didn't fuck that one up.

Pestilence went on to say she could handle herself- that she could even handle Sparrow. Sparrow was lost in just looking at her and wasn't in the state to take any offense so she just nodded "Yeah, you could take me," she mumbled mindlessly as her eyes got lost in the other's markings for just a moment longer. Then she said she was kidding and to lead the way. Sparrow laughed shallowly, "Yeah, uh, I was kidding too." Before this could get worse, Sparrow spun on her heels and started walking.

"So- uh- Pestilence... what all do you know about this area?" Sparrow said as the two began to walk through the knolls. The large hills and mounds were dotted with foliage and plush grass. Sparrow was used to making her way around the knolls now, but when she was a little pup, she used to really love to roll down them.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

10-13-2020, 04:15 PM
As Sparrow rattled on and on about her name, the only thing Pesto could think was 'crap, she's going to call me by my full name for the rest of my life now' but there was no way she was going to correct the other girl a second time. Nope, she'd live with being called Pestilence and hope it didn't spread faster then her preferred nickname through Fireside. "I think I got the worst of them all, my mother did some stupid themed naming shit." She offered. "Plague, Venom, Calamity.." Pesto stumbled over Toxicity's name, her lips pursing into a thin line for a moment. "My siblings, theirs are better. What about you? Were your littermates Bluebird, Jay, and Pigeon?" Pesto gave Sparrow a grin, lifting her paw to aim to poke it into her shoulder. Wait, fuck, was that too familiar of her? It's what she'd do to Alarr but Alarr was her best friend and this chick was - well, Pesto didn't know who she was or what rank she held. Insubordination, here I come.

Thankfully Sparrow took the bait and the subject change, leading her away before Pesto could rattle on further. She kept her eyes firmly upon her surroundings, barely able to even glance at Sparrow in fear that the heat in her cheeks would be noticeable. "I don't know much." She admitted. "Jupiter told me some stupid story about the woods nearby being haunted and Alarr gave me a tour of the territory, but uh -" Her words caught in her throat. "- I wasn't listening too well." No, she was too busy telling him how pretty his eyes were. Fuck, she was stupid. Her blush intensified.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

10-14-2020, 07:39 PM
Sparrow listened attentively as Pestilence rattled off the history of how their litter was themed- a concept Sparrow knew as well. She said her siblings were better and Sparrow laughed, "Plague, Calamity...? You sure yours is the worst?" Pestilence asked if her siblings were names a specific way and Sparrow let out another hearty laugh at her guesses. She shook her head, "Nah, just Sparrow and Talon, so only vaguely bird-themed. Though the woman I was named after had all bird-sibling names... uhh.. She was Sparrow- obviously- and she had a... Lark... uhh I don't know them all, sorry. It's just a story my dad told me."

Though Sparrow led Pestilence through the knolls, weaving among the grassy hills, her eyes were less on the scenery and more on her companion. The large woman walked beside her, though her build was more streamlined than Sparrow's. Her coat held starkly contrasting colors, yet the dappling and thin, wispy lines of white marked her as if she had just rolled in fresh snow. A small amount of sandy coloring clung to her feet and tail, striping their way up, but not muddying with the- wait, Sparrow realized she had stopped walking. Her eyes snapped up to Pestilence's.

"Uh sorry, you said Jupiter and Alarr. Jupiter is uh... my.... I don't know really. He's like an uncle, but I think he's a cousin. Alarr and Tyrian are my uncles but they're more like cousins or maybe brothers to me. Hard to think they're actually my dad's brothers when they're about my age." Sparrow let out a laugh and continued walking, hoping her pause passed for thinking and not staring cause that was RUDE.