size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
08-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Life was good lately, Corvus couldn't deny that. Things between him and Twig were great - he was thoroughly enjoying the time he spent with her, and since Lyric's return to Abaven he felt like things were only getting better. Their little family was only growing more complete as time went on, and with that he couldn't help but feel more complete himself. Though there was always more to do and to learn, always training that needed to be done and lessons to be tended to, overall... things were good, and Corvus was content to bask in this contentedness as long as he possibly could.

Today was a beautiful enough day that it wasn't terribly hard to enjoy a good mood without thinking about things too much. He padded slowly along the coastline, occasionally stopping to sniff at the chilly breeze that blew in from the sea. The relative warmth of the day made Corvus wonder if he ought to do something more productive. Maybe a hunt was in order? Or, if he was feeling really motivated, maybe he and Twig could see if any fighters could be rounded up for a quick lesson? The key word was maybe though and the more he walked, the less he found that he really wanted to do anything but enjoy the day for himself.

Beat

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

Christmas 2019
08-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Confusion was the word of the day. Utter and complete confusion. There had been so many strange feelings swirling through the young man when Elise paid him complete attention. He didn't understand any of it. He'd decided to ask someone just so that he didn't continue to torture himself with all of the 'what if' thoughts. Who did he know though? Now that he was back in the pack, it didn't mean he was a social butterfly. He knew Corvus. So Corvus, he would ask.

Thankfully, the black and white youngling didn't have to go far to find the earthen man. He still had the basket of flowers in his teeth and sat it down so that he might address the older wolf. "Corvus...I..." His nose wrinkled for a moment. How did he even put it all in to words? "Can you... help me?" He had to know first that the man was willing to listen. He liked Corvus quite a bit now that he'd gotten over the initial jealousy. Beat trusted him to steer him in the right direction and give him the proper information. Hopefully Corvus had the information that he needed and this wasn't just some big, awkward conversation. Or at least, more awkward than it had to be.
[Image: s5aYTNb.jpg?3]
Aunt Twig may enter any of Beat's threads while he is underage.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

08-26-2020, 05:08 PM
Any brief weirdness that had existed between him and Beat and Twig, had faded not long after it had appeared. Corvus had hardly paid any mind to it anyway, never one big on picking up social cues that weren't blatantly obvious to him. Being straight-forward had always worked in his favor, and he always preferred when others were more direct with him. If Twig hadn't straight up told him how she felt, that she wanted to be with him, he wasn't sure he ever would've picked up on it himself. Matters of the heart weren't exactly easy... and when he heard Beat's approach, he had absolutely no idea what their conversation would involve.

He was more than happy to help the yearling with anything he needed. In a way, Beat reminded him of his younger self, which made him even more willing to help where he could. Corvus would do anything for his packmates, Beat included. He flashed the younger male a grin as he approached, spinning around on the sand and coming to a quick stop. "I can try, hopefully," he started, with that smile lingering as he studied his features. Obviously Beat really needed help with someone if he'd come looking for him, and Corvus was ready and willing to listen. "What's going on?"

Beat

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

Christmas 2019
08-27-2020, 02:16 AM
White ears tucked against his skull and the boy averted his gaze as the older, more experienced wolf drew near and offered his assistance. Beat didn't know where to start, so he took a shaky breath and simply said, "There's this girl..." He was so embarrassed to even talk about it. The boy didn't know anything. He'd been sequestered in his own solitude for so long that he missed a lot of the information that you absorb while growing up.

"She's so pretty and nice and she makes me feel these things." He was getting into it now. His expression continued to change as he went over the different feelings that Elise had elicited within him. "I had this weird feeling in my stomach and... other...places. She took my words away. I felt like an idiot, but I didn't want her to stop talking to me. I didn't want her to go away." The boy rolled his eyes and huffed, remembering how close the red and white woman had been to him. "And she smelled so nice, Corvus. So nice, and..." He didn't know how to process any of it. Two-toned eyes went wide as he shook his head again, looking to his pack mate. "What do I do? What does any of it mean?"

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

09-02-2020, 06:23 PM
The boy's nervousness didn't go unnoticed, and truthfully.. Corvus sympathized with him. He could be that way a lot, especially when he'd been younger; and though he'd matured in a lot of ways he often felt like he was just faking it, like he was pretending to know what he was doing and hoping that nobody ever quite noticed. Given that Beat reminded him a lot of his younger self, he wondered if he too would grow up feeling like he was just fumbling along... or if he'd continue to seek guidance when he needed it.

Corvus gulped slightly as he started. This girl? Okay, that was one field he wasn't so well-versed in. Instead of panicking, he just nodded and tried to look like someone who Beat would be comfortable asking about girls. As he continued on, Corvus only became more and more uncertain if he could really help out young Beat. Even he and Twig were moving their relationship along slowly - perhaps painfully slowly for some, but that comfortable pace suited him just fine. "It sounds..." Corvus tried to collect his thoughts. He didn't want to laugh at Beat's predicament, but it reminded him so much of his own feelings for Twig in a way that he nearly had to.

"It sounds like you might have a crush on her. Or.. even like you're falling in love with her. But maybe it's too early to know for sure," he started carefully. What was love, anyway? His own feelings on the matter were complicated. "It's a good feeling, even if it's pretty scary and makes you feel like you're losing your mind sometimes." Corvus let out a small laugh. "As long as she's a good wolf, I say.. explore it. Spend time with her. Life's too short to not do what makes you happy, Beat. You know... that's how I feel about Twig," he finally admitting, hoping he sounded more casual than he felt. He hadn't really told anyone that, except Ignis, though he had no doubt that other wolves within Abaven noticed how they were around each other - but actually telling someone that felt different, like a big step.

Beat

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

Christmas 2019
09-13-2020, 04:51 PM
The boy listened to Corvus as he spoke, trying to absorb what he was saying. Love? No... Really? "I've only met her once. I can't be in love just yet, right?" He groaned, the frustration showing on his black and white face. "What does any of it mean? Why is this stuff so hard? A crush? Love?" He wanted to pull his fur out.

Beat's jaw dropped as Corvus spoke about how scary it was and how frustrating. "You know exactly what I'm talking about." The earthen man suggested that he spend time with her if she was a good wolf. Elise was the best wolf. The best. He knew it in his bones. She had just been so... everything. So perfect and sweet and kind. She had helped him pick the flowers for Twig and Twig had loved them. Elise... he couldn't wait to see her again.

Then Corvus admitted that he felt that way about Twig. A bit of that possessiveness threatened to rise within the boy and he stared at the older man. At first he didn't know what to say, but eventually he nodded. "I know. I could tell." White ears tucked back against his skull and he spoke hesitantly. "Just... don't hurt her, okay? She's been through enough." And she had. Beat, though he didn't know much about relationships, knew that sometimes they ended badly. One or both wolves involved got hurt. He didn't want Twig to get hurt. "I wouldn't mind having you as an uncle though," he admitted a little shyly. Corvus was the only real male figure he had left in his life. He looked up to the man. He didn't want to hate him, but if he hurt Twig... Beat would definitely hate him.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

09-27-2020, 09:23 AM
Was meeting once too soon to truly fall in love? Corvus would argue yes, but he wasn't like everyone else either, he knew that. "Maybe not love, then. But it could grow into love with time. I think it's one of those things you just need to spend time to figure out, you know?" No, he didn't know, which was why he'd sought out Corvus to get his opinion.. duh. "It's confusing, but I think it can be a good feeling too. Enjoy it, and don't think too much about it. If you like her, I mean... you'll figure it out with time. Really." Hopefully. He hoped the same was true for him, that with time he'd figure things out and all the pieces would fall right into place.

Corvus sounded more confident than he was about the matter. This whole love and relationship thing really was quite tricky. But he admitted he felt the same about Twig, and nodded as Beat spoke. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner. We've just been.. figuring things out. Slowly," he admitted, though he wasn't entirely sure why he was telling him that. Maybe to show that he wasn't rushing into things and thus wasn't going to hurt her. "I won't hurt her. I really do love her," Corvus said softly. At least, I don't want to hurt her, and I won't try to. "I agree though. You'd be a great nephew," Corvus said, with an air of the same shyness, grinning a bit as he leaned over to nudge him.

Beat

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

Christmas 2019
10-12-2020, 11:11 PM
Beat was just as confused now as he had been before. Maybe even a little more so? Corvus didn't seem to understand things, so how would Beat ever understand things? What he did take from the conversation was that it was important to take it slow. Feel it out. Spend time with the girl. He could do that. He wanted to do that. He wanted to spend loads of time with her.

Corvus apologized for not telling the black and white youngling about his relationship with Twig and Beat shook his head. "It's okay, really. I want you both to be happy." His ears tucked slightly and he didn't really know how to say it. "It's none of my business anyway... even though it kind of is?" His voice lifted at the end in a sort of question. Twig was his aunt and he loved her. She was yet another mother to him and his brother's. Her personal life wasn't his business, but her well being always would be. "As long as she doesn't get hurt... I hope you two are happy."

His shoulder was nudged and Beat smiled, blue and purple eyes lifting. "I'm glad we had this talk. It's still hard for me sometimes." He hurried along. "To be around others and to be social, I mean." He knew that he was awkward as hell and was just glad that Corvus had the patience for him.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

11-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Corvus quickly shook his head. "It is your business, though. It's good you want to make sure she's happy, and taken care of. She'd do the same for you," Corvus said seriously. He wasn't much of a kid anymore, but he still felt like someone who needed looking after. But then again, Corvus felt that way about nearly everyone in his family, regardless of their age. Everyone needed someone to look after them, and he was honestly glad that Twig had Beat, regardless of his relationship to her. "I'll do my best to make her happy. I promise. She's very special," Corvus concluded, feeling that same awkwardness but at least with some sense of importance as to why they were talking about this. They both wanted Twig to be happy, so he understood where Beat was coming from.

Even more, he understood what he said about being around others. Maybe to a different extent, but he could still empathize. "I'm kinda the same way, actually. I.. get stuck in my head a lot and think I'm making a fool of myself. Sometimes it's hard to believe anyone really believes in me, I guess, even though I know that's a stupid thought. But it's alright. You just gotta be yourself. Everyone who matters will love you more for it," he added gently. It was a lesson he hadn't fully learned himself, one he had to constantly remind himself of.