size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Siren had to leave her favorite island. She had to leave behind her favorite little deer and the new fawns they’d just dropped. She had to leave the safety of her haven because it was safe no more. The young princess would make her return eventually, she couldn’t stay away from Chimera forever. He told her that she was his and there wasn’t any escaping that. The wound on her leg proved that much.

The fire that laced up her legs when she’d jumped into the ocean to return to the mainland nearly made her drown. When she eventually made it to the shore she limped heavily. A reminder of what could happen if she tried anything. Siren was terrified of Chimera, but at the same time the little princess wanted to help him. She wanted to see to his stings like she had that day after he got mad at Venom. She wanted to use her dreams to help him avoid moments like he’d experienced then. She wanted to be praised by him.

Right now she didn’t want to be near him. He’d let her go after she’d screamed and he’d ripped open her leg. She wouldn’t have dreamed of telling anyone, so as the pain started to become too great for quick movements the tiny princess curled herself underneath the white trunk of a fallen log. As well as she hid herself she hid her tears as her long tail curled around her injured leg and hid her pink nose.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
09-01-2020, 04:22 PM
He was patrolling the border between Ashen and the Armada when he heard the soft sounds of crying. He peeked cautiously onto Ashen territory, following the noise until he found little Siren. The girl was crying beneath a log, the scent of blood and the sight of her wound shocked him. She was a princess who would do this to her?

He dropped down beside her, wrapping a wing about her small form, looking on in distress. “Siren, what happened, who did this to you?” he asked, trying to keep the growl out of his voice. He didn’t want to distress her anymore then she already was.

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-01-2020, 08:03 PM
Bright eyes fluttered open as she heard pawsteps. She knew to be alert, but not enough. Her leg was still hurt. Mortis filled her senses and her heart beat in panic. She’d told him once before of Chimera, if he suspected her brother.. She curled in on herself as he closed the distance between them, his comforting wing drawing over her protectively.

Siren had his full attention but as he touched her she could feel the heaviness of his aura. She didn’t know what happened to him, but his eyes were sunk and the worry in his features was not wholly for her. She wondered if she might be able to help him with a vision. What did she tell him though, she could see the anger and frustration in his eyes, the need to do something during a time where he could do little to quell the dark feelings inside.

Siren’s little heart beat fast in her chest as the words slipped past her lips. ”I got caught on something sharp.” Alright not completely a lie but certainly not the truth. Chimera had hung his teeth up on her, but it was better if Mort didn’t know. ”I’ll be okay.” That statement was more truthful, despite the pain the seawater had helped. Despite disregarding the origin of her wounds Siren was starved of affection.

Chimera sometimes praised her but he didn’t love her. Siren’s father and brother had been gone the majority of her life. Her mother was gone now and none of her older sister’s liked her company. Having the boy prince so close… Siren shifted without thinking then, pressing herself against him as she sought to feel loved, even if it wasn’t the truth. At least he was warm and showed concern. Siren buried her face in his warm feathers and pretended for a moment that she had Mortis as a brother instead of her current siblings.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-05-2020, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 06:35 PM by Mortis.)

He gently, but fiercely, held the small girl close. Noticing teardrops on the pale pink of her nose. Of the tangles in her long hair after her swim. If there was any trace of wolf on her, it had faded with the swim. She still smelled like pack and her family members, but he couldn’t decide if any single scent was more recent then the others.

He gently pulled aside the fur near her wound, looking at the small holes in her skin. “These look like teeth marks” he said quietly. He wasn’t certain, but he projected it into his voice. Hoping that, if there was more beyond the story, she would come clean behind his stern mask. Unable to be wholly strict, he did lean more gently into her, cleaning around the wound with his tongue. His wing still wrapping her like a blanket against his side. Holding the small girl close. One of his paws began to work through one of the closest knots. Using his feline claws to carefully brush through what he could. Being as gentle as he could, he did not want to hurt the small girl. “You can tell me anything Siren, I hope you know that”

"Mortis""Siren"

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-05-2020, 07:00 PM
Mortis was so big compared to her that it was easy to imagine he could just swallow all of her problems and she would be okay. He was warm and he held her tight, not like he would crush her windpipe but like he cared about her. Like no one had shown her before. Her mother and father had both shown her affection but they’d both left her, disproving their love for her. Her aunts and uncles had shown her the right path in life but they haven't shown her love like this.

With Chimera she had to prove herself to for him to show her any kind of emotion byond his anger and frustration. She hadn’t offered anything for Mortis to gain and yet here he was holding her tightly and promising to keep her safe. Mort’s voice found her again as he noticed the puncture like marks Chimera left on her. Nothing that would scar, but she wouldn’t be walking comfortable for a few days. She didn’t affirm his suspicion or deny as he combed her hair gently and saw to cleaning the wound. She stiffened and gasped softly at the pain, but relaxed as relief followed.

She could relax against him, knowing that this was the one place that she was safe. Chimera wouldn’t get her here. Siren could tell him anything, and if she really believed that he could protect her from her brother she could say the words to him. Siren buried her features into his dark coat and she closed her rose and mercury gaze shut tight. ”I shouldn’t tell you. Bad things could happen.” She whispered softly, letting him untangle her fur. The feeling brought warm memories from before her father left, of a happier time when nothing mattered but the fullness of herbelly.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-05-2020, 07:09 PM

He frowned, but continued working, gently moving away from the wound, and onto grooming her sea-salt coat. He was starting to feel angry, and he used the rhythmic motion to calm himself. Now he was certain. Someone had hurt Siren, someone had done this to her. She was a Princess. And more then that, she was small and sweet, someone that should be protected, and cherished.

“Well. It doesn't matter. I’m going to fight for you. I’m going to go fight Venom right now, and if she won't give you to me, then I'm going to fight her for the right. I’m going to protect you Siren. I don’t know what's going on, but i’m going to keep you safe from it.” he declared boldly. He didn’t even try to consider the consequences. Of what Venom or his dad might do when they find out. He had made his decision, and the consequences could be damned. Someone was hurting her. He gave her fur one last lick, keeping the motion steady and gentle. Wrapping his wing all the way around her, blocking her out from the world in one big hug. Then he released her, and got to his feet.

"Mortis""Siren"

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-06-2020, 03:59 PM
Siren was almost relaxed as Mortis groomed her tangled fur gently, the rhythm soothed the pain and her soul. She breathed in his scent and absorbed his warmth as she warned him, and finally his voice broke through the trance she craved. Her eyes sprung open wide in surprise and fear as Mort told her what he was planning to do. She clung to him, unwilling to allow him to do this, she’d said too much.

”No!” She squeaked, terror obvious as she scrambled to fabricate an excuse to keep the yearling from her older sister. ”No, no, no…” She said a bit more softly as she shook her head and tried to talk him off of the path to her sister. ”I’m okay!,” Siren insisted. ”I wouldn’t want you to catch your leg too..” Tears welled in her eyes, she knew how weak her defense was, but her fear of what Chimera could do to her, or do to Mortis, had her begging for the winged boy to remain. His wings spread around her as he hugged her softly, but his release still came.

Part of her wished to be wrapped up safely beside him and the other wanted to be returned to her brother. If she just went back now he wouldn’t be mad anymore. ”Everything will be fine.” She tried again, her voice shaking as ivory ears fell to her head. The tiny Princess felt overwhelmed with the potential repercussions of what she’d just done and melted back under the log. Primal instincts telling her to hide while the danger passed.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2020, 04:04 PM

Mortis’s anger has not faded, bot none of it was directed at Siren. She was truly, utterly scared, and her desperate cry only fueled his need. If she wished to drive him further to his path, that was exactly what she was doing. But, he did still understand and was sorry for her fear. “Have you seen me fight, Siren? I might seem like a marshmallow, but I can hold my own. I can nearly beat my own dad. He's the biggest fighter in the land. I don’t know who’s hurting you, but they don’t scare me, Siren. I’m going to protect you, and there's nothing you can say that will stop me from keeping you safe.”

He promised her. He leaned down, kissing her forehead, holding her gaze. The promise in his eyes was absolute. Then, he got back to his feet, stepping a little bit away from Siren, so that what was coming wouldn’t frighten her. Then, he raised his head and howled for Venom.

"Mortis""Siren"

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-06-2020, 04:15 PM
She was terrified about what would happen now that she’d said something. Already in her silver gaze she could see shadows and splatters of changing color. Wheels and gears turning as the course of events changed. A pivotal moment for the tiny child. Mortis had seen right through her half truths and begging, but he would not be swayed. She clenched her teeth as her heart tried to beat out of her chest. If Chimera ever found her again.. perhaps she did doubt Mortis too much, but it was more her fear of Chimera’s anger.

Rose and silver eyes fluttered open as he kissed her head protectively and promised her from the bottom of his heart that he was going to keep her safe. ”Mort, don’t.” She said hoarsely as he moved away and called out for her sister.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
09-06-2020, 04:25 PM
Venom hadn’t realized how busy she would be running a pack, that was one thing she envied about Deathbelle. She always looked calm and relaxed despite the Empire resting heavily on her shoulders. Of all of her attributes that was one that Venom made note to work on herself. Her dainty paws carried her over the borders for her patrol when she heard Mortis’s voice within Ashen lands.

The way he seemed to demand her presence was note a tone she expected of him. Out of her own curiosity more than her willingness to heed anyone’s command, Venom hurried to make her arrival. What she found wasn’t what she expected. Mortis stood waiting for her with a pile of furs behind him. She peered harder as the scent of Siren hit her. Venom’s eyes widened in surprise, having thought that the girl disappeared with her brother and father.

”Mort,” she greeted softly. ”What’s this about?” So far he was the only one she’d mentioned her plans to, one she hoped she could put her trust in.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2020, 04:38 PM

His anger had carried him this far, but now reason began to creep back in. He was an Armada wolf, demanding an Ashen wolf. What kind of recoil would be created from this? Not that that would keep him from doing what was right but logic thought had kick started in his brain again.

For starters, he couldn’t imagine his childhood friend having anything to do with this. Whatever was going on, it was done without her knowledge. She had been leader for only a very short time, so as much as what was going on was wrong and as an Alpha she should know about, this might still be her first time hearing about it.

He could always go back to the hell-hath-no-fury-claiming fight later, if it came to that. He dipped his head quite low, and rose it again, greeting his Empress with respect. (fill in Empress? Temp-eress?) “Hey, Venom. Sorry to call you in a hurry. I just found out that someone’s been abusing Siren! She won’t tell me who, and I don’t know if you can ease that out of her. But I was thinking, maybe she could join Armada ranks? At least until we ferret out who’s hurting her, and what’s going on?” he asked, looking to her as an authority, and someone who he could turn to in a tricky situation.

"Mortis""Siren"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
09-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Mortis was respectful as she arrived, and she nodded her head lightly in return. The young prince was quick to get to his point, but she could feel the emotions within. His words were passionate and unexpected, especially considering she hadn’t even thought Siren remained within the Empire. Abused? She wasn’t sure how to take that but she wasn’t going to tell Mortis what she really felt about Siren. Venom was beginning to think that Toxicity had been correct, the whole litter was cursed.

Her eyes widened as he told her about his suspicions and she moved closer to look at Siren more closely. She really was a waste of fur, but Mortis believed otherwise. ”Siren, do you know where Incubus and your father are?” She asked in hushed tones, knowing the answer was likely no. Also guessing it was the third child causing her torment.

”I think we could arrange that, Mortis.” Venom told him brightly as she turned her attention back to the young prince. ”She’s only gotten lost within Ashen. Perhaps you and the Armada can help her find the path.”She mused lightly as she washed her hands of the princess.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2020, 05:24 PM

Mortis, blissfully unaware of the undercurrents, waited well sister met sister. He didn’t know what was said, he kept a respectful distance back. But he could only assume it was words of comfort and assurance. When Venom turned back to him, he smiled at the Empress, and gave his tail another wag.

He knew Venom would come through.

He bounded closer, kissing her on the cheek. It wasn’t often he didn’t have to dip to do so, and he grinned at the tall woman. “Thanks Venom. I’ll take care of your sister.” he promised her.

Now he only had to deal with breaking the news to his dad. Azure had come home with a stray, and that had worked out alright. Surely Mort could bring someone home to join too, right? He’ll work it all out. But, for now. “I received my own den now that i’m one, you can join me there for a time, okay?” he said to the timid girl. He offered her a shoulder, hoping she wasn’t too mad that he had gone against her wishes. But, she didn’t really expect him to leave her with her tormentor, did she?

"Mortis""Siren"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

09-06-2020, 05:31 PM
Venom chuckled lightly, a grin playing on her pink lips as she could see the bright emotions in Mort’s eyes. Well, she’d made him happy, social relations were propped at least. Overall a net gain, perhaps Siren was worth something. The soon to be Empress leaned into his kiss with a grin, her own mood lifted under his light. Perhaps the boy was an angel, and his brother… Her heart skipped a beat as Azure’s sharp eyes flahsed in her mind’s eye. She grinned lightly and pulled away. ”I’ll look into who the perpetrator might be.” Venom promised him. ”Thank you, I know she’ll be well looked after.” Like a new little pet for Mortis to keep, it was almost cute. ”I’ll let you know if I find anything out.” She told him softly and with a flick of her tail returned to her patrol. A skip in her step, feeling rather accomplished after the unexpected meeting.

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-06-2020, 05:55 PM
”But I’m not,” Siren tried to protest as Mortis told Venom his version of things. She wanted to fight back more but was too overwhelmed with the course of things. What was going to happen to her? What would Chimera do when he found out? Would she know when he found out? Would Venom tell him, did she know? ”I don’t want to go,” she tried to speak up again but shrank a little as Venom drew near.

”No. I miss them though.” Venom’s eyes were hard and cold, of all wolves she should understand how her sister felt but the girl didn’t receive much more from her sister. She put her head on her paws as the Empress to be turned her attention to Mort and then to leave. Now what? Terror held her still, she didn’t want to do anything, she wanted to go back to Chimera, it was the only thing that would make this right.

She backed into the tree as Mort returned to her, offering up temporary residence in his den. Siren wanted to go back to her deer, the water falls, the solitude.. The babe was nearly wild. Apart from Chimera’s presence she was alone and lived on her own on the island. She couldn’t tell him no, but she couldn’t go either. She couldn’t explain why she couldn’t go. Siren closed her eyes and grit her teeth, maybe if she kept them closed long enough Mortis would leave her alone.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2020, 06:11 PM

She was truly upset, and he couldn’t imagine how scared she was. How long had this been going on? This was much, much more than a one-off thing. Her terror was deep-seeded as through she expected it, no matter what. As though she thought escape would not be permanent, but only make it worse. How could he show her that she was safe? That no matter what, he would defend her?

Patience. That’s what it would take, time, and patience, and unfailing reliability. It would take a lot of work, but he would do it. He would look for her, and prove it to her.

He crouched down in front of her, wrapping his wings gently about her, cocooning her from the world. Holding her in the safety of his wings. He closed his eyes, prepared to stay crouched there as long as it took for her fear to waine, just a little. Enough for her to get to her paws, and follow him to her new den.

"Mortis""Siren"

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-06-2020, 06:23 PM
She couldn’t see him but she could feel as he lowered himself to the ground beside her and fluffed his wings around her as they lay there. Siren ignored him as best that she could, but it was hard. He was warm and quiet. Everything felt wrong, like her whole world had been turned upside down. What a fool she was for having said anything at all, for letting Mort see so much. Siren knew that everything would be different, that she had ruined it all.

She curled more heavily in on herself, eyes closed tighter, but feeling him settle in beside her for the long haul. This wasn’t happening, it couldn’t be happening. A soft whine slipped out of her lips as she pleaded with herself internally and rejected reality. Deer. Waterfalls. Chi. Her tiny body shuddered at the thought of him. She wanted to make all the bad feelings go away, the only way was to appease her brother.

”Bad things, Mortis.” Siren spoke softly as she loosened slightly. By now all of the excitement was starting to get to her and she was becoming exhausted.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2020, 06:37 PM

“I’ve got you.” He promised her softly, his own heart beginning to hurt at the sight of her. If he dwelled on it too long, his anger was going to come back. He wanted to really tear apart the wolf that had done this to her. How dare they. Siren was small and delicate, and it was a gross abuse of power to hurt someone smaller than you.

“Are you ready to go to the den? I can get you your own soft coat, and some food. We could make you a little alcove in the den, so you can be up high, if you like. Or a little burrow at the back, if you would rather be down low.” he wanted to inspire some excitement in her, for her to realise this was a good change.

"Mortis""Siren"

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
09-06-2020, 06:56 PM
He whispered softly, trying to assure her that she was alright. She was in his care and he wasn’t going anywhere. Siren whined softly again, she didn’t want this change. She wanted Chimera, he was the only one to take interest in her. He mostly took care of her when she wasn’t hiding on the island. Chi was good to her until she made him angry. That was fine, she would just do better next time and not make him upset with her. That was the path not…

Mort asked if she was ready to make their journey to the den. Though he was trying to cheer her up Siren couldn’t be helped. ”I..” she started to cry as her little heart couldn’t take it anymore. ”I want my deer.” she sobbed, losing all of her resolve as she finally accepted his presence and leaned against him. ”I wan..wan...want the waterfalls.” She sniffled heavily. ”I want to go home.” She didn’t have a home though. Her family was long broken and Chimera was all she had.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2020, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 07:03 PM by Mortis.)

“I’ll get your deer” ??? he promised, not knowing what she was talking about, but determined to find a way to achieve it. Where on earth was he going to keep deer? How was he going to get them across the land bridge? He could worry about all that later. He sighed eternally at the mess he was getting himself into. But he was determined. He would dig his heels in and not let up. “Dad and Io dug a pond. Maybe we can find a way to dig a waterfall near the den.” Maybe it wouldn’t be the same, but it would be hers.

This was his fault, and he knew he needed to be absolutely patient with her, but. He placed his paws over his eyes in frustration. “Why do you want to go back to where you were being hurt, Siren? I’m doing everything I can to see you safe. When I find out who did it, I'll beat them black and blue. You don’t have to worry about them anymore! he cried “But you have to come with me.” and, more quietly “Please.”

"Mortis""Siren"