size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
09-08-2020, 06:10 AM

After she'd taken him to get healed and they'd shared their words, Asla and Bas had parted ways. She wanted him to learn the territory on his own. Wanted him to get a feel for belonging somewhere. It was good to learn all that you could about your new home. She had meandered off to go hunting on her own and came back close to sunset with a small antelope grasped between her jaws. Her neck was a little sore from dragging it all the way back, but she would be fine.

Dropping the deer just outside of her den, Asla started a little fire in the pit outside with the flint and steel that her aunt had given her. With a little fire blazing like a homing beacon, she settled down and began stripping the hide from the antelope. It would be their dinner tonight. All she had to do was wait for him to come home. A little bit of panic surged in her. What if he didn't come back? What if she'd given him freedom to run wild and he realized that he didn't have to serve anyone anymore? A frown tugged at her lips and she suddenly realized just how much she needed him to return. Asla's head dropped to her paws and her galaxy gaze scanned the horizon. Waiting. waiting.

"Speech"
[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut
09-08-2020, 06:16 AM

He explored the territory with open curiosity, greeted any member he stumbled across with respect, but not servitude, and tried to learn the land. It was a decent sized territory, and he shied away from the sight of so much water beyond the beach. He would come back to that sight later. He continued along until he found a border that touched another pack. That was strange, and he gave that border a good sniff, and then a wide berth.

He returned to the ocean as the evening wore down, making his way through the shallow waters with curiosity, searching for something… and eventually finding it. The time taken had been longer than anticipated. When he looked up to the sky, he realised night was almost upon him. He had to hurry back to meet one of the very few stipulations Aslatiel had left him with. He was not fool enough to disrespect the kindest Master he had ever known.

He caught sight of the fire first, and it led him to the den, and to her. She was nestled down nearby, wrestling with the dead body of an antelope. A closer inspection showed that she was peeling back the coat. He took a seat next to her. With trepidation, and slowly building trust, he moved to lean gently against her.

He opened his paw in front of her to show the small green pearl he had wrestled from the sand. “For you.” He offered the humble gift to her with a cautious smile.

"Speech"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-08-2020, 05:03 PM

Grey ears perked as the sound of pawsteps met them. Aslatiel lifted her head and was relieved to see Basilisk approaching. He'd come back. the girl couldn't stop her tail from instinctively swishing back and forth, but willed it to stillness as he stopped beside her. The earthen brute extended his paw, showing her a greenish pearl, which he then gave to her. "A gift? How kind of you." Wiping one bloodied paw on the very same hide that she was removing, Aslatiel plucked the pearl gently from his paw and examined it. "I'll bet my aunt Iolaire could turn this into something lovely." She smiled up at him. "Thank you."

She handed the pearl back to him for now since she was in the middle of something. "As soon as I get this skin off, we can eat." She continued to scrape along the hide with her claws, pulling it off bit by bit.

"I wasn't sure if you'd come back or not." She admitted freely. She looked hard at the skin, refusing to look at him as she spoke her mind. "You could have run. You could have been free. I wouldn't have stopped you." His reaction would most likely be one of horror or disgust, she imagined.

"Speech"

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-08-2020, 05:14 PM

The slave obediently grabbed back the pearl, rolling it between his paws another moment before placing it gently to the side. His eyes lingered on the food she was preparing. He had eaten a hefty breakfast, but he had to admit he could still tuck in a large dinner if it was offered to him. “You know how to keep a man happy, Lady Aslatiel.”

He felt a measure of surprise and unease at her next words, both at the sheer honesty of it, and the realization that she did not understand him. He did not believe in freedom, such a concept was too wild and reckless to consider. To be wholly in charge of his own fate? No, he would make a terrible mess of it. Perhaps that was his conditioning speaking, but it was still a part of who he was. Besides, he had pledged his loyalty to her. That meant something, slave or freeman. Pushing all of that aside, he had no desire to leave her. She intrigued and confused and maddened him, and he would not miss it for the world.

“I’m sorry. If for some reason I ever became addled and daft enough to leave, I do hope you stop me, my Lady. I vowed myself to you, from now until the end of my days. I made that vowel with all of my heart, and your strange ideals won’t keep me from it.”

Having watched her work for a moment, before leaning forward, with nimble, sure movements, holding or moving parts of the meat to give her optimum access, without ever getting in her way.

"Speech"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-08-2020, 05:45 PM

She listened to his words and released a Hmm of consideration in reply. She supposed that was the difference between them. Had she been kept as a slave, she would have done everything in her power to escape and be free once more. He was born and raised a slave, so it seemed that he would do everything to remain one. It was all that he knew. It was kind of sad, but at least he wouldn't go anywhere.

Basilisk helped as Asla cut away the last of the hide from the antelope and rolled it up. She would process it later. Cutting away the last of the fibrous tissue with her claws, she pushed the antelope towards Bas. "I caught you some dinner." She then began licking the blood from her claws, making sure that they were clean of meaty chunks before sheathing them again. She would eat at some point, but she wanted him to have his fill first.

"Speech"

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-08-2020, 06:13 PM

She was almost finished anyway, and with his help, the coat was rolled and placed away in no time. She didn’t comment much past his commitment to her, and the loyal wolf sat patiently at her side.

She pushed the meat in front of him, and he licked his chops. He wondered if social etiquette deemed it appropriate to insist she take a bite as well. Alas, he was raised a slave, and it was an order, clear as day. He passed his small gift back to her, and dug into the meat. The antelope proved too much for his shrunken stomach, and with a satisfied sigh, he pushed back the remains. “Where would you like me to store these for you, Mistress?”
Bugger
“Aslatiel.” he corrected himself. He loved her name. He truly did, but it just didn’t roll off his tongue with the same familiarity. He wondered if he ever would drive her past the point of politeness. Would any of it ever prove to be a facade? Would she beat him bloody and hang him out to dry? Like the coats she carefully cultivated.

"Speech"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-08-2020, 06:32 PM

As Basilisk ate, Aslatiel picked up her prize and took the pearl inside. She placed it on a little shelf in her chamber and would talk to her aunt about having it make into something later. It really was pretty. The green hues would go well with her teal striping, she thought.

Coming back outside, she seated herself against the mouth of the den. Suddenly she wasn't very hungry, although she didn't know why. Maybe it was because she'd been so sad and nervous that he wouldn't return. It had sapped her appetite. His voice brought her out of her thoughts and she didn't even notice when he called her Mistress, though he fixed the issue on his own. "Hmm... Just take it out into the trees and give it to the scavengers." They'd already eaten off of it. Well, he had. Putting it in the kill stores now covered in spit and slime wouldn't be a good idea.

Asla lay down by the little fire and placed her head on her paws. She had no real idea why she felt so sad all of a sudden. It was bothering her though.

"Speech"

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-08-2020, 06:44 PM

He bowed his acknowledgment, and took the carcass off as she instructed. He had to admit mild regret leaving behind the remaining meat. It wouldn’t be the first time he had created waste at the behest of his Masters. At least this time it wasn’t done well he was starving, a lesson being learned.

He stashed it in the woods just outside of pack territory, feeling strange over the borders of his new home. He glanced up once at the dark horizon, to open land spread out before him like a mystery. He grinned.
“Nah”
Life in the Armada offered much more interest to him.

He returned over the border and made his way back to the campfire. He found the little Princess with her head in her paws, looking solemn. He crouched down in front of her, eying her with concern. “Did you wish to talk about it, Lady Aslatiel?” he had been a sounding board for problems before, but it had never been intended for him to reply, or asked beforehand if he wished to do so. Carefully, uncertain if she would protest, he leaned over her, and began to roll hind feet into the muscles of her back.

"Speech"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-08-2020, 06:55 PM

He took the carcass out and disposed of it as she'd asked. While he was gone, she had closed her eyes. She must have dozed off, because a moment later he was in front of her, speaking. Purple eyes opened wide for a moment and it took her much longer than a second to rewind and figure out what he'd said. Eventually, she shook her head. "No, I don't want to talk about it."

Basilisk moved behind her and began to knead the muscles in her back. Claws bit into the earth as he dug in, but she liked it. A little groan broke free, but she did her best to hold still. Her shoulders and neck were still sore from dragging the antelope all the way back, so the massage felt more than amazing. Asla relaxed beneath Bas's expert touch, her eyes closing once more. She could get used to this.

"Speech"

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-08-2020, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2020, 07:03 PM by Basilisk II.)

She declined to speak of her troubles, and he did not press. As she groaned beneath the touch of his paws, he put his full concentration into the effort. He found a few tight muscles around her shoulders, and worked carefully, slowly, and steadily to loosen them. Making his way down her back, and then further along her shoulders, and partly down her paws. His motions were slow and soothing, allowing her to fall asleep if she so chose to.

He waited until her breathing evened out, and she seemed well and truly comfortable. He then made his way to her den, and grabbed the best coat from his room. Not wishing to drag out her main bedding and get it dusty.

He returned, and keeping his motions smooth and careful so as not to jostle or wake her, he pulled it over her, and tucked it in around her sides. One of the pillows she had chucked at him early went next to her head. So if she woke in the night and wanted further comfort, it was only a nudge away.

He added a few more bits of fuel to the fire, so the warmth would keep the night air out, and then settled down nearby. Stretching on the ground with a yawn, the guard decided to remain awake and keep an eye out.
His slow, soft breathing shortly after told the world how well that worked out.

"Speech"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-09-2020, 12:39 AM
The massage was perfect. Bas worked out the kinks in her shoulders and neck and left the girl more relaxed than she'd felt in a long, long time. Though she appeared easy going, truth was that Aslatiel was usually pretty worked up. She stressed about things that she had no control over. That lead to tight muscles and an anxious mind.

Before she knew it, Asla was asleep. She hadn't planned on falling asleep, but there she was. At some point Basilisk had draped a fur over her. A kind gesture, but she wanted more. A people eye cracked and she spotted his sleeping form not too far away. Taking the fur between her teeth, Asla gently placed it over the sleeping hulk, careful not to wake him. She then curled her little body up tightly against his own, enjoying his solid warmth.

It took her a while to fall back asleep, but she was content nestled up against her guard. In her mind she still balked at the idea of him being a slave. He wouldn't be one for long. Just until she made him feel safe enough to be his own wolf. No doubt he would leave her then, but she will have saved him. Right?

Eventually sleep took hold once more. Heavily lashed eyes drifted closed. Head on her paws and her body curled into his side, Asla felt not only comfortable, but safe. That was saying something.

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-09-2020, 12:55 AM
Something wasn't right. He had gone to sleep with the feel of cool open night about him. He awoke to thr sensarion of weight upon him, and heat at his side. Like someone had tucked a flame-warmed stone against his side. But softer. He looked down...and almost jumped ten feet in the air. His body jerked, and then froze, unnatural stillness over taking him as he looked at the tiny form curled up against him. He forced even breaths past his chest. His first reaction had been shoke. If a female master had been found at his side without their express permission, he would be put to death. Sometimes even with their permission. Once his first frantic thoughts has eased and he was reminded how this wasn't home...

Well, then he was over come with how gentle she looked in her sleep. Whatever had kept her muscles tense in wakefulness had eased. She looked soft, and content. Curled up against him as through she belonged there. His heart began to ache, through he coukd not say exactly why. The softness of her lips could just been seen from this angle. A wild thought flitted across his mind. His heart picked up in speed. Foolishness. He closed his eyes, and tried to pretend she was not there.

It did not work at all, and the rest of the night past in tense slothfulness. His mind refused to rest, and his body refused to budge. He would not risk disturbing her and dashing her peace.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-09-2020, 01:14 AM
"You should probably get used to it," the young wolf mumbled sleepily. His jerk of surprise had roused her just a bit. Just enough to take a breath of consciousness before submerging herself in sleep once more. If he hasn't realized it yet, Asla was a touchy feely kind of girl. She liked to give affections and accept them. That was just her way.

She couldn't know that she had freaked him out so much that he hadn't slept, but she definitely had. Asla stirred a few times but went back to sleep each time. The sun was up by the time she fully woke and it was only the warmth of that sun that had done it. The summer sun was hot and uncomfortable.

With a grumble, Asla was tempted to bury her face under Basilisks body, but decided against it. The day was begun. She was up. Pushing herself to a seated position, the girl yawned and rubbed an eye with one paw. Shooting Bas a glance, she arched a brow. "You're too uptight, you know." Panic must be his middle name.

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-09-2020, 01:41 AM
"As you wish." He whispered softly. He couldnt tell if her words were a promise, or a threat. Did she seek him for comfort, or enjoy the way she could wind him up. Perhaps a little of both. Perhaps neither. For all he knew, this might be the norm for her.

He must have caught a few winks, he surprisingly did not feel too terrible come morning. The little beside him rose to her feet, rubbing an eye. He wouldnt tell her and risk his nose, but she was terribly cute. He hadn't thought that was about a master before. He was devoted, and his loyalty absolute. He could give no less. It had never been because it was his solemn desire.

He sighed softly. "How can I not, my Lady? I fear you wind me up, even in my sleep" he explained. The hint of a smirk gathered on the corner of his lips. An unusual display of emotion.
"Would you like me to fetch you some breakfast, Lady Aslatiel?" Had she eaten the night before? She had given the entire prize of her hunt to him. Had he realised that earlier? He paused for a moment, baffled and confused. "I would... like to." He admitted, confusion etching his tones.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-09-2020, 02:00 AM
"Wind you up, do I?" Asla arched the brow above her left eye, raising the marking with it. She didn't intentionally wind him up most of the time. Sure, sometimes she wanted to get a rise out of him just to see how he'd react, but some of her natural behaviors just affected him, she guessed. "I'm the smallest of four and the only girl. I grew up sleeping in big piles of bodies." With one paw, she motioned to the den behind her. "This is new. A gift from my father." She assumed he was trying to get them all out of thre den so he and mom could bang out another litter, but what did she know for sure? "I like my own space but I still like sleeping beside others. It's comforting." A bit of coldness crept into her gaze. She felt as though he was judging her. "If you don't like it, I'll stop."

At his offer to fetch her breakfast, Aslas stomach growled. Loudly. She furrowed her brow and gave her stomach a glare before sighing. "I suppose I should eat something." There was a lot to do today. She'd already slept in. It was time to get a move on. She wouldn't be any good while starving though.

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-09-2020, 02:18 AM
He raised a paw in defeat "if you like cuddling, my body is yours." He promised her solemnly. And then, because she deserved nothing but the truth "It caught me by surprise is all. We are taught to respect the bodies of our masters above all else. To cuddle with one... I might as well have cut my own neck. Since that dosent seem to be a taboo here... I'll admit I enjoyed the experience. Maybe." His brow furrowed. He had been too tense to do so properly, but there had been something rather magical about the fierce, small Princess curled up against him. Like getting the attention of a cat that liked no one else. It left a thrill in him, and a touch of fear too. He hoped he wasnt playing with fire.

She admitted food would be welcome, and he took it as permission given. He gave her a soft bow, nothing too formal (in his mind) and took his leave. "I will be as quick as I am able, my Guiding Star." He promised. He cast a quick look about thr camp before her den. It was a little bit of a mess, with the bedding on the ground, and the fire full of ash. He would return and work to tidy it up for her as soon as she had breakfast. Perhaps Io might know if there qas any scent she had any particular fondness to. He could place some about the area outside the den. She seemed to like this slace, and It would make it more welcoming for her. Perhaps he could snag some of those lanterns he had seen dotted about the terratory. Add in a stone path, grow some bushes for privacy... ah. Foolishness, he was delving into the idea of heavy landscaping for a territory he had no rights in.

And it was distracting him from hunting. He gave one last bow, stiffer now that his mind was whirling with thoughts and considerations on how to make her life more enjoyable, and made to depart

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-09-2020, 02:53 AM
His reasoning resulted in a hard stare. Wherever he came from, she hated it. For a fleeting moment she wondered if the Armada might raze his former home to the ground. They surely deserved it. The thought of slavery didn't bother her, but the thought of Bas being a slave certainly bothered her. Slaves were objects. Bas was a being. It was difficult to explain.

As the man in question called her his Guiding star and began to move away, Asla snorted. "If you keep giving me pet names, sometimes bound to get jealous." That someone would most likely be Indigo. Maybe even Azure. No... Asla wasn't looking forward to her brothers meeting Basilisk. Mort could meet him though because Mort loved everyone.

While Bas was away, Asla picked up the furs and the pillows. She wasn't some pampered princess that couldn't do for herself. The girl was surprisingly self sufficient. Though she was considered pretty, she wasn't very girly either. Give her blood and guts over perfumes and jewelry any day.

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-09-2020, 03:03 AM
That caught his attention enough to give him pause. What did she mean someone would get jealous? Did she have a man he did not know about? He felt a few strange emotions writhing in his gut. Emotions he had no rights to. That no man would possibly be good enough for thr love of his Princess, and the thought of her with another left him feeling queasy. That was a peculiar notion. When had he ever had opinions about who his Master shared their bed with. He didn't. Period. "My apologies, Lady Aslatiel" he said stiffly, and then departed before he did or thought anything else foolish.

He took off and moved through the territory. He was not an expert huntsman, but he knew enough to get by. It was more dumb luck then skill that he stumbled upon a brainless small boar and killed it.

He dragged the carcass back to camp, and seated himself there. He fleetibgly acknowledged that cleaning had been done in his absence, sadly. Pushing it from his mind, he began to attempt skinning. A very poor immitation of Aslas work the day before, but he was a quick study. He was willing to teach himself until he provide coats from the Princess.

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-09-2020, 03:19 AM
So on top of being stiff and formal, he had no sense of humor. As he stalked off, Asla groaned aloud and threw herself on the ground in exasperation. He was...infuriating. She wanted to punch him sometimes, but she wouldn't. Basilisk was like a broken little bird even though he was significantly larger than she was. You didn't punch broken things. Okay, well... she wouldn't punch this broken thing.

After tidying up, Asla ran the green pearl over to her aunt. Io was sure that she could turn it into something pretty, so she left the pearl with her. On her way back, she stopped by the garden and picked a few strawberries. Like her aunt, Asla loved strawberries.

Bas returned a short while later, a boar between his jaws. "Good hunting," she complimented his hard work. Seeing him struggle with skinning the boar, Asla huffed lightly and moved to his side. She slid her paw along his, grasping it with her own. She had to stand incredibly close and her small body was pressed against his. She guided his paw in the proper motion that would let him separate the skin from the layer of tissue that held everything together. "Feel the difference?" She slid his claws against the hide, then against the meat, then against the tissue layer. "That's the sweet spot. If you'd rather use a knife. I just got a new one for my birthday."

Basilisk II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

09-09-2020, 03:46 AM
"Thank you my lady." His gaze found the Princess as he worked. Not by any will of his own, she drew him almost against his will, and he was startled by the sight of redness on her lips, the sheen of dampness to them. He felt something low in his chest, and he lowered his gaze under the guise of continuing his work. His stomach flipped, and somehow the watchful slave did not realise how ahe had moved behind him. He caught the scent of her first, and it saved him from the embarrassment of jumping in surprise.

He hadnt expected her paw to line up with his, as through to guide his movements. He let her show him physically what she meant, and understood. Brow furrowed in thoughtful concentration he began again, working to seperete beast from hide in the manner she had explained. Once again feeling total bafflement. Her patience and kindness left him feeling as through he was on the knives edge. Any moment away from cutting himself. "A knife might serve well. I don't have the same claws you seem to bare." He had noticed them the day prior, and understood how the had eased the job of of slicing. He worked a moment longer, and then his traitorous tongue slid free. "What things do you enjoy, My Lady Aslatiel? How might I please you?" Massages had gone down well, but somethings seemed inmy to annoy her. If she filled him it, it would make his job easier.