size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
09-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Mortis had helped him quite a bit with his pond digging, but Indigo still wasn’t quite satisfied with the shape and depth. The violet youth continued working, shaping and hauling dirt and dirt and dirt. He wasn’t even sure if he could be recognized by his coat any longer. Anyone who knew his shape wouldn’t be fooled but now he had turned into a dirt monster. Eventually he’d clean himself up, but for now as he worked, he was dirt.

The boy was working with Short Round, the two of them minding their own business, hauling earth, when an odd creature suddenly found them. Indigo heard a third set of paws working without greeting, which startled him. Curious he lifted his head to find the odd creature, digging where Indy would have rather it not. He winced inwardly and moved closer. ”Hey, uh..” He tilted his head curiously and in wonder. ”It would be much better if you helped us dig over here.” Hopefully it would take a hint, but Indy wasn’t holding his breath.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
09-14-2020, 06:41 PM

Pan stopped his digging as Indigo talked to him, sitting up straight, tucking his claws into his chest.  For a few seconds, the little Pangolin looked at the wolf as if working out a puzzle in its head. A small smile came across its long thin snout. Pan toddled over to where Indy had suggested, back hunched over as it walked on its rear legs clawed hands pulled up against him.  Once he reached the right spot he started to dig but paused to look up questioningly and waived a clawed hand.  He had to make sure it was the right spot!  Once he got the sweet spot he would go back to digging, powerful clawed hands easily pushing out large amounts of dirt easily.

Several minutes would pass by before the wheat-colored wolf would be spotted approaching.  Naiche's nose told him where to find Pan.  What in the world was the pangolin up to?  He had never told it to not go wandering off it was just a bit of a surprise.  Finally, he spotted it digging with a badger and another wolf.  Oh yes, the other one of Sirius.  Thankfully the beach party had helped fill in that hole in his knowledge still, he had never actually spoken with the wolf in person.  This was as good of a time as any, maybe he'd figure out why Pan had decided to find his way there?

Naiche made his way over with an easy short-strided trot. "Hey, Pan.  What are you doing?" The pangolin looked up, lifted up a clawed hand of dirt in answer before going back to digging. "Uhm." Naiche imagined that kind of explained things with the huge hole apparently being worked on.  Too bad Pan wasn't likely to ever say why.

Naiche looked up to Indigo. "Hello," a nod with the simple greeting before nodding to his friend, "is he getting in the way?  He disappeared on me when I wasn't looking."  He had met a variety of Fatalis so far, would this be one of those who was nice or the opposite end of the spectrum?
"Speech"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
09-16-2020, 02:51 PM
Thankfully the digging creature was quick enough to pick up on his words. Indigo grinned as it ceased its digging and took a moment to think before repositioning itself where the boy and his badger were working. Indigo nodded approvingly as the creature looked up for approval and then all three of them were back to work. Before he knew it the pond would be ready to be filled.

Unfortunately for Indigo this was not a second digging companion come to see him, but another pack members. The man was vaguely familiar from the birthday party but the boy hadn’t paid him very much mind. His attention was first on the Pangolin, called Pan Indy would learn. The young mohawk furred but looked up as he was addressed, his quiet nature obvious as he waited to be called on.

”Hi,” he replied softly. Indigo had tucked himself away recently, keeping to himself as the pack continued to make leaps and bound forward. ”No, his help is nice.” Indigo insisted in his mellow tones as he returned his attention to the dirt at his paws. He was not a wolf of many words.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-21-2020, 07:09 PM

This guy was a Fatalis?  He seemed so quiet in a way that had nothing to do wih how much one talked, though even on that subject he was likely the silent sort.  Naiche had no problems and even appreciated silence but there was still something missing.  Well, Naiche was confident none of the warlords kids were cowards or pacifists so he’d put that aside.  “So, what’s with the big hole?” Naiche moved a bit closer for a more relaxed speech, taking a seat as he looked inside.  The guy was as large as Azure and Mort, maybe he could get some fighting practice in with him later.  Someday he would beat these giants and show Sirius how much a wolf smaller than them could do.  

Pan for his part was a good worker.  He had looked to Naiche being as there was no apparent ill will here the litte pangolin was happy to help and went back to tearing up the dirt.  It didn’t know the reason either, nor did it matter.  There was a hole to be made here, and Pan found digging a fun way to use his claws.

"Speech"  Think

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
09-23-2020, 03:52 PM
Indigo was by far and away the quietest of the siblings, but he was no less ferocious when it came to protecting what he loved. He still tried not to think about the red rage that had over taken him when he’d given Azure an ear notch. Nothing had quite reached the level he’d felt that day, and most of the boy’s time was spent within the garden. He liked it here, it was peaceful, the flowers smelled so nice, and he wasn’t often disturbed.

”It’s going to be a pond.” He told him rather simply. He was going to stock it with fish and he was going to plant a beautiful willow tree on its bank for him to sit beneath. He’d always loved his Aunt’s pond and tree, and he wanted one of his own. Watering would also become a much easier chore. Indigo continued to dig against the earth, heaping dirt and moving it to make a dam.

”Who are you, anyway?” He asked absently as he worked hard, they were going to have to take a lunch break soon.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-23-2020, 09:58 PM

A pond huh? Naiche never considered making himself something like that.  There was no need for a pond simply put.  There was a lake they could go to for water and Naiche saw no reason to sit around and look in a pool of water.  Of course, if Naiche wanted to go look at water there was their view of the ocean with the trees that stood tall even in the water near the sparring ring.  

“Oh.” A simple answer for a thing he didn’t grasp needing.  However, “I can help, where else do you want it dug?”  He might as well after all Pan was helping and Naiche had decided he wanted to do a better job of getting along with the wolves of higher rank.  All of Sirius’ kids were of higher rank whether today or in farther off in the future.

“I’m Naiche.  I joined in the spring, but I spend a lot of time either sparring or patrolling so I imagine I hadn’t a chance to meet you yet.  It looks like you put a lot of work into this pond.” Either he’d been working a little of it over a long period of time or a lot for still a decent period of time. “Sorry I haven’t said hello sooner.”

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
10-03-2020, 04:25 PM
Besides the aesthetic to his garden Indy would also have a much better source of water for his jungle. Carting water once his rainwater reserves ran out wasn’t a whole lot of fun, and he could be doing so many other things. This was a good choice for him, even if Naiche couldn’t see a great reason. ”Um, over here would be fine, but I also need to start building up the dam over there.” He gestured towards the deepest part of the pond shape.

”It’s okay. I keep to myself too much.” Indigo admitted softly, but he had little intention of changing that fact. ”Yeah it’s been coming along. Short Round practically lives to dig so maybe not as bad as you think.” He chuckled with a soft smile, unintentionally showing off the glint of his fangs as he did so. ”Do you like it here?” Indy asked as he returned his attention to his work.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-05-2020, 08:01 PM

Was it really so important to find a connection with all the wolves?  Probably he could get away with not knowing them all too well, he wasn’t in a high position after all.  Did he want a high position? Yes.  Would he need to know them all well enough then? Yes.  Did he need to help Indigo? No.  Was helping a son of the warlord smart? Of course.

“When you say build a damn, exactly what do you want to be done for building it, like a beaver’s dam of wood and mud? Or something different?”  Naiche furrowed his brow not knowing how it was supposed to work and just finding the whole concept strange overall.  Hey, whatever the guy wanted.  He hadn’t even asked Naiche for the help, the gold-coated wolf was struggling to help in an area he was ignorant and on his own would be uninterested in.  

“I don’t mind helping, but this isn’t exactly an area I know anything about,” Naiche added wryly with a shrug.  “Either way, it seems Pan is loving it.  I guess he and Short Round would get along well.”

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
10-08-2020, 02:41 PM
”Uhh.” He started eloquently after Naiche asked his question about the dam. Beaver dams were like little houses on the river, but it was kind of the same thing. You blocked a creek or stream and then a lake formed. ”Yeah kinda. I hadn’t planned on putting much in the way of logs or anything.” He explained simply enough. Mostly he was digging a hole in the ground, but he’d used the natural dip of the earth to help him when he chose this place.

”That’s okay,” Indigo told him easily, Naiche didn’t need to know the area, as long as he dug and moved dirt he could do whatever he wanted. ”I really do appreciate the help!” Indigo added, not wanting to seem like he was ungrateful. ”It’s been a lot harder and taken longer than I expected.” He tried to chuckle but it wasn’t very amusing. ”Short Round loves it though, and Pan can come dig whenever he wants.”

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-12-2020, 07:01 PM

Naiche watched Indigo while he was talking, nodding after “No problem.” He wasn’t going to be the best helper at digging but he was doing a bit at least.  “Yah, Pan isn’t exactly always tied to me.  I might drop him off on occasion until you finish this project.” Naiche glanced to where Pan was digging with a single focus.  He wasn’t rushing, Pan never seemed to rush but, he also wasn’t letting anything distract him from the purposeful strokes of his claws.

After a few more minutes he did stop digging.  Glancing where Pan was still working. “In fact, I can just leave him with you now.” Digging was boring hopefully, the bit he did help to some degree.  If not Pan would likely be much more of a help.