size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
09-14-2020, 09:38 PM

Her days wandering outside of Lirim were growing lonely, even more lonely than she felt living on her own the past few years. It was a strange feeling. And she wasn’t quite fond of it. She didn’t need another problem to add up on her stack of insecurities. And still she tried to stay strong and move forward with her life.

She tried to stay close to Lirim for the most part but also went out more often then she probably should just to take a breather and ease her anxiety being bundled up with other wolves, most that were strangers to her. It was weird to think she used to be so confident and bubbly and it made her feel naive to think she had better plans for her future back in those days.

She came across the prairie, looking out at the lush grasses and fauna. She found some joy as she sat up on a slight hill admiring the different species from afar that either didn’t notice her or didn’t see her as a threat. Perhaps it was the strong scent of lavender that calmed them. Or maybe it was that she was truly thought to be a weaker predator.

Walk "Talk" Think

Aranea has a british accent. Threads can produce a Depression Trigger.

(Ar-en-ay-ah Har-per Lah-or-ee)

Scent: Lavender
Alignment: Neutral Good
Season: Summer
Height: 26 inches
Home: Somnium - Dead

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
09-16-2020, 07:07 AM
After the party Iroh was beginning to feel better about losing Banshee, he still hurt whenever he thought of her but he’d met many other wolves and enjoyed them to chase away his sorrow. Elise and Aryn had made themselves a special place within his mind, though he was loathe to admit that maybe they’d wiggled into his heart. Maybe he was out, half hoping that he’d come across Elise by chance again, but he had a feeling she wouldn’t return to him until she was good and ready.

Iroh had used much more of his tea than he’d intended at the party, and he and Sarabi were out gathering more herbs for future cups. Better to gather now while the plants were a plenty and start drying for the winter months. Of course, they would make their way to Auster in the opposite season and find fresh, it was just more effort to get there.

His stride was slow as the pair of them wandered over the prairie, the grasses parting for his massive form. Iroh was completely confident, there was little that could threaten a wolf of his size. Bright blue and lavender eyes looked over the land as he went, pinpointing the small wolf on the hill with ease. Iroh was curious certainly, and for a long moment he debated approach. He could feel the time for tea coming on, and the hill seemed a nice place to brew.

Slowly, but with obvious intent he made his way towards her, he did nothing to conceal himself and sent out a low ‘wuff’ in greeting when he thought she couldhear him. If she didn’t just leave he’d eventually say, ”Hello! I was about to stop for tea and wondered if you’d like to join me?” Iroh would stop a polite distance away as he waited for his invitation.
Where My Demons Hide

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
09-16-2020, 09:38 AM

Aranea was a bit taken by surprise when the young brute let out a warning huff as she was lost in her thoughts staring out at the lush plains. And this man was quite large, not that she wasn’t used to that. Aranea however was more flight than fight but her last meeting with a giant led her to believe that not all who towered over her would take advantage, though she was still cautious.

She pulled her paws backwards looking more like a frightened doe ready to take off, but her intent was a gesture to let him join her especially seeing as he was kind enough to ask before doing so. Her back legs shuffled as she went to get comfortable again though not completely as her front legs seemed to be tense and pulled in close to herself. "Tea?" she questioned quietly, never hearing the term but none the less wondering, "That sounds interesting." the male’s companion a thought in the back of her mind, but she tried to ease herself from the ongoing fear that someone wanted to snatch her. Not that she felt worthy or anything. A pause in her tiny voice if he came to join beside her, but she was rather abrupt in introducing herself. "Aranea." her gaze wondered away from eye contact with him, but would settle more on the items he had on hand.

Walk "Talk" Think

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
09-16-2020, 04:39 PM
She looked scared, but invited him close at the same time. Iroh wouldn’t sit too close, but he did decide to join her after a moment or two of debate. Striped tail pulled against his hips as his mandrill companion began working on a fire to warm the water for brewing. Iroh gave the woman a polite smile as she questioned what tea was, but accepted his offer all the same. ”Leaves and plants brewed with warm water, essentially.” He explained softly as Sarabi lit a flame and Iroh placed his teapot of water close beside the flame. They didn’t have enough wood for it to last forever, but it would be enough for one pot.

”Iroh.” He returned softly, his tone friendly as he settled down into a sphynx like pose. He’d glance at her delicate features, but was mostly involved with his task so as not to spook her before she could taste his tea. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Not too much time passed before the water was ready, and Iroh had already divided up the leaves between the two and a half bowls. One for him, Aranea, and then for Sarabi. With careful movements he poured the hot water. A subtle scent of mint filled the air as the steeping process began. ”Might I ask what you’re doing out here?” She had a pack scent on her, much like Aryn’s. The moment Eligos caught him was fresh in his mind as he told himself to be cautious with the delicate woman.
Where My Demons Hide

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
09-17-2020, 07:22 AM

Her ears flicked in interest to his definition of tea, "Oh, so would I be able to use medical herbs with this?" Her eyes flicked his direction just once but would move on to watch his companion start the tea making. It was fascinating to her that his primate had better means at starting a fire. Aranea had start one herself and even recently but it was fun for her to see the way with ease that Sarabi made it.

A small nod to his own introduction and even a tiny forced grin. It was strange to think that she used to be so bubbly and adventurous, or maybe it was strange that she had grown so awkward and frightened. Either way, Aranea would have never thought she'd be in this state of mind while she she was such a young age and hard to believe she was what she was back then. And honestly resented herself for it. Rather than resent the boy that messed her up and made her this way, she believed it was her own decisions that made her today. Not to say she didn't hate her previous lover, she just expected more of herself.

Her nose twitched to the spice of mint, still interested in the entire process he was completing. Of course she was mostly focusing on the tea making much more than making eye contact with him. She had finally relaxed a little more, shuffling her paws and not looking so odd. When he spoke again, her eye peaked through the corner towards him, "Oh, I-" She paused for a moment, because honestly today she was just escaping the commotion of the pack, "I usually come out and search for herbs for the pack. But," Eh, usually. She didn't always come back with herbs. Her gaze wondered out to prairie as if she had been drawn by the peacefulness. "I supposed you were just out looking to find a nice spot for your tea? Can't say there's be a better place."

Walk "Talk" Think

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
09-18-2020, 12:00 PM
”Perhaps. I’m not great with most herbs, but I’m steadily learning.” He knew about a couple herbs that had added effects besides caffeine or taste. Maybe he’d seen his mother make tea like drinks and potions, he hadn’t paid enough attention. That was one thing her cursed his younger self for was not paying more attention to his mother and her actions before her death. He didn’t have another parent, all he had was Zagan and even his brother had been quiet recently.

She relaxed a little as he started up a bit of small talk while he finished the tea and gently pushed a bowl towards her. Dark ears swiveled towards her as he listened but kept his gaze at his tea bowl, blowing on the surface of the liquid gently before taking a timid sip so he didn’t burn his lips. ”Well, along with finding a nice place we’re looking to replenish our stores.” He chuckled softly. ”I’m not healer, but it’s amusing we’re out for essentially the same thing.” That and maybe a little more fresh air. He’d been thinking about Banshee too much. His first love, suddenly disappeared and he might never know what happened to her. The thought weighed heavily on him as he sipped.

”Getting out of the pack can be relaxing. It’s nice to clear your mind.” In solitude or seeking out the company of others. Like the woman beside him, getting a different perspective on the world from her eyes.
Where My Demons Hide

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
09-18-2020, 06:10 PM

Aranea would respect Iroh’s own space as he pushed the completed bowl over to her before dropping her head down to sniff the hot water and mint. It reminded her of the springs but with a calming aroma, and apparently edible. She watched as Iroh went to take his own sip, she tried to mimic the way he encountered the steaming bowl, but flinched at the sting it gave her delicate lips as it wasn’t cool enough at least for her liking. The taste however was something different, and good for that matter. Who thought a hot bowl of water would be as refreshing as a lap from the river?

She’d at least give him a gentle smile, moving to lay down by the bowl in no effort to abandon it. "Yeah," she’d agree to the fact that the tea required different herbs than medical ones and it was bit humorous that they may have even come across each other again looking for the similar herbs, "I bet I could try herbs in tea, I’d love to test the affects sometime." unfortunately it wouldn’t be so easy to form the fire on her own or get her own supplies to make tea. But none-the-less interested in trying one day.

She could almost chuckle to his next statement. "I can say I can agree." she wasn’t sure if he had the same feelings she did, it was impossible to say without truly knowing him. "It feels a bit crowded inside the pack sometimes." her gaze was fixated on him for only a moment before it dropped into the bowl of tea and her mind wandered off into deeper thoughts. She’d dip her lips gently into the tea, much easier to take down now as she sipped. The mint was calming, but definitely not a cure for her depression. Luckily the scent of her lavender still looming off of her.

Walk "Talk" Think

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
09-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Iroh didn’t hide his observations as she took the bowl and savored the aromas as it cooled. Iroh enjoyed his own as she settled down around the bowl and the two of them got comfortable on that hill. The breeze was comfortable, and as he said this was a great place to clear his mind. She seemed to be thinking along the same lines, she could do all types of experiments with different herbs. ”There’s a lot of different plants you can use for flavor, i’m sure some of them come up in healing remedies.” Iroh shrugged lightly, not that he knew.

Aramea was also out and about because of her need to get out of a stuffy pack. Aerie wasn’t full to bursting by far, but he could always meditate more deeply outside of claimed lands. The energy of the different wolves occupying a single space perhaps? He could relax out here, that was for sure. ”I’m glad it’s such a nice day. Perfect for foraging.” Iroh glanced over towards the dainty woman, despite their play at humor her energy felt dark. ”Sorry if I’ve interrupted you too much.” He added after they’d both confessed to coming out for fresh air and solitude.
Where My Demons Hide

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
09-24-2020, 06:41 PM

Aranea looked out again at the numerous prey and wildlife out in the plains. Though she was born in the summer time she much rather enjoyed the spring. Was that the mothering part of her speaking? Maybe it was because she enjoyed the thoughts of birth and fresh life and the beauty of all that blossomed. Very silly for her to think since she was such a rebellious down in the dirt kind of girl as a young lady.

Iroh's apology was certainly not needed and Aranea shuffled to it, "Oh no, your gift of tea has been lovely." She stated kindly and added a warm smile, "I only wish I could repay you." She looked down at the bowl as a slight bit of her reflection looked back at her. Even if she had anything to trade what would it be? An herb? That just seemed dumb to her, especially since he seemed to know little about herbs. But she would have of course given him something in return if he asked.

Her gaze returned to him a bit stale but still trying to hold the smile, "I'd much rather spend my time with a stranger than with someone I know." Was that a weird thing to say? Let's just go out into the woods and find a stranger to bunk with. Sure, that was normal. But Aranea was having such a hard time living beside Torin as she felt like she betrayed him. Why couldn't she just let it go and move on?

Walk "Talk" Think

Iroh

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Treat 2019
10-03-2020, 04:03 PM
She waved off his apology with ease, and Iroh would relax again. He’d tensed to leave if she was ready to enjoy her time alone, but he was also feeling the length of his journey and the rest was well worth it. ”No need, dear Aranea.” He told her with a tilt of his head. ”Your presence is payment plenty, I enjoy sharing my tea.” Iroh explained softly as he finished his cup and leaned back, satisfied.

Iroh’s blue and lavender gaze searched the horizon laid out before them as she spoke up again, her statement not completely unfounded. ”Oh? Why do think that is?” He prompted her to continue the thought and he looked back over to her petite form. Iroh was curious where she might go with this, did she feel so uncomfortable around her pack mates? Iroh found it easy to strike up some kind of conversation with anyone, especially when he started with tea.
Where My Demons Hide

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-10-2020, 04:52 PM

She wouldn't finish her tea quite as quick as him but wouldn't let it sit and go to waste. She'd take a few sips as they enjoyed the quiet evening and their peaceful surroundings. The tea giving her a calming touch. She was flattered not only by his dear, but to the fact that he was so kind to just share his tea and time with her. Or anyone for that matter. And it seemed a best time to share this moment with someone.

He'd ask why she thought the company of a stranger was better than a pack mate and she could only know it was her own preference. And though she was mostly an introverted woman, she was feeling like she could share how she was feeling to him. Maybe it was the tea. "Well, uh, I guess I can't really hurt a stranger the way I could a friend." And it was a true emotion that she felt. Though she was enjoying her time with Iroh, she wasn't expecting to at least go out of her way to meet him again. She felt like she hurt too many in her lifetime but in reality perhaps they hurt her. She wouldn't really expect the brute to agree or confide in her but it almost felt like speaking her feelings lifted a small weight from her if only for the moment. Her words would ring with a tone of experience and a bit of sadness to them. She in fact had to go through hardships in order to fell this way.

Walk "Talk" Think