Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
09-15-2020, 07:52 PM
[quote="Adelphie" pid='196891' dateline='1600203758']

Naiche had a job to do and there was no time to waste.  If he wanted to be a warrior he had to get that condor!  Naiche had left the beach region, having checked out a tree hoping for a scent of Natha there.  It was just a generic scent of her versus an overly recent one.  Naiche trotted away, smelled around, scented the air and after a bit of wandering, he picked up her scent and ran towards her.  Thankfully she smelled considerably different than the rest of the pack.

The scent definitely made its way into the tall grass which would make things much harder.  If Natha wanted to she could easily hide in there.  Naiche trotted forward slowly, ears up high straining for any sound that didn’t mix in well, “Natha?” Her name was called out louder than casual conversation would be but far from the howl to hear miles away.  Her scent was here, she was here somewhere, in the vicinity.
Naiche was forcing himself to put the focus on the now but he really wanted to get to that condor!  

"Speech"    Think

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
09-18-2020, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 08:20 PM by Natha.)

Quiet, still and alert. Natha's large ears flicked forward as she listened for the sounds of her prey. There was a rabbit near by, she could hear it chewing on grasses despite not being able to see it. Her legs coiled beneath her as she used the sound to pinpoint the rabbits location. She was about to pounce when she heard approaching paw steps followed by her name. The rabbit darted away and Natha scowled. What now?

Gracefully she stood and walked toward the voice that called her name, her head suddenly parting the grasses as she stared at a wolf who was very close to her in height. She recognized him as Naiche. "Yes?" Hopefully he'd get down to business quickly. She was eager to get back to hunting.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-18-2020, 09:05 PM

Naiche was right! She did hide amazingly well in the grass as he raised his head up in some surprise at how close she had been.  “Sirius has set me a mission to earn my warrior status.” The wheat-toned wolf hoped the cat would say yes to this, “I was told to take someone with me of warrior rank or higher and to hunt down a large condor in the mangroves and bring him its body.  I was hoping you might come with me?  I imagined you are likely more talented at hunting birds in tree than another wolf.  I can fight a condor on the ground but I would be hard pressed to get it out of the tree.” Not that he had seen exactly how huge this condor was.

He had seen Natha before, and heard her name but never spoken to her once.  Naiche was still curious how or why a cat would be part of a wolf pack. “I’m Naiche by the way.  It might seem a bit strange asking for your assistance before we’ve even met.” The last part said a little ruefully, waiting till after he made a request to even give his name.

"Speech"   Think

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
09-20-2020, 01:10 PM

Natha listened quietly as the young wolf explained that he had been sent on a mission to catch a condor. Ahhh… well, a hunting trip she could definitely get behind, though a condor would be difficult prey. "A pleasure, I'm Natha and I will assist you in your condor hunt. I think it will be best to try and catch one on the ground. They are scavengers, if you can track down the scent of rotten meat in the mangroves we'll likely find a condor there." It was true, she could also slink up the trees and go after a perched bird but as it was his mission it seemed only right he be the one to kill the condor. Though, if they could not find one feeding she supposed she could always maim it or drag it down to the ground.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-20-2020, 03:45 PM

"Sirius made it sound like its just this one Condor in the mangroves, labeling it as 'a large' one."  Though honestly when Naiche imagined a large condor he was still envisioning a large bird but not realizing just how huge this condor could be.  "I agree though it would be nice if we could find it on the ground first."

Naiche was rolling the idea of the rotten meat around in his mind. "It would be nice if its that simple.  If we can't sniff out any rotten meat would they take fresh meat if killed something but then hid instead of eating it?"  Naiche had a good nose for finding whatever was out there of course, but would they find meat specificaly claimed by a condor versus some other scavengar?  "I don't think I ever saw a condor in the mangroves, though I admit I don't look up in the trees often specifically for the large birds and I haven't tried to memorize the scent of all the bird species.  

With that said leaving the pack border lands behind them to head towards the mangroves.

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]