size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
09-19-2020, 12:10 AM

Naiche had walked these boundaries from the day he had joined, at first it had been to make sure he memorized the path, and then to learn the area outside of the border but relatively close.  Now he knew everything along this path, at least everything that had not changed overnight.  Naiche now felt he was truly patrolling to protect instead of learning.  Perhaps someday it would be a natural thing but right now the wheat-colored wolf felt a sense of pride that he was able to be more useful.  His ability to fight and defend had grown as well.

Naiche looked up at the sky, the sun was just starting its final downward descent and soon the obvious signs of dusk would be visible. Soon the crickets would start the songs of the night and the summer’s heat cool down.  A more pleasant time to hunt and perhaps when he was done with his rounds Naiche would do that, or perhaps he would just eat from their food stores.   Naiche could decide that once the patrol was done and he had a concept of how much prey he could easily find and catch.
Speech:"Live to fight" Think

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutSilver Medal 20201K
09-26-2020, 10:42 AM

The time he'd spent resting from his mission was far from over and now he had to start working to earn his keep again. Patrolling the borders was expected but he'd much rather do that later than settle on it now and be bored again later. Now seemed like the perfect time for a hunt, provided he could find someone to do it with. Even a spar would be great, especially with all the new members that seemed to have joined while he was away. Without Resin and Tamsyn around to battle for some real practice, he figured getting to know some of these other members was the way to go. Unless he could pester Sirius for a battle later, anyway...

There was a scent of another heading to the borders, likely on a patrol. Magnus preferred patrolling in the middle of the night or early mornings, so it was good that he didn't have that in mind now. Following the scent of the younger male, it wasn't long before he came upon a wheat colored wolf and let out a low boof to alert them to his presence as he approached.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art
Commission ShopPlot with me!

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-26-2020, 11:27 AM

Naiche was busy scenting everything, primarily doing so of course for the borderline and anywhere near it.  So it was that he caught the scent of the other wolf before sight or sound.  However, knowing it was one of there own he felt free to finish smelling out a particular scent and only turning his head when the wolf called out.

Naiche didn’t recall meeting this one?  The smell of the armada and Sirius was on him though.  Naiche waved his tail in a relaxed sort of happiness at seeing another.  He bobbed a nod to the wolf wondering why they had not met before, “Hello.  I’m Naiche, and you?” He tended to be pretty upfront with things clearly, “Are you new? I’ve not seen nor smelled you before.” This included a casual sight of him in training sessions or at the party they had a while back.

Great, new wolves meant new ones to potentially spar against or fight alongside with.  Anything related to fights tends to be where Naiche’s mind would first go.

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

09-26-2020, 11:40 AM

"Magnus, nice to meet you." He nodded as he finished approaching, giving some distance between them but close enough to talk without projecting their voices. The man was a bit more familiar to him, but only in minor sight and smell. He'd of course picked up on his scent when he returned from the mission, but his scent seemed to have not lingered long after he'd left. "I've been around a while, but I went on a mission for Sirius for a while. I've only just returned a few days ago, actually." He relaxed into a sit, enjoying the cooling summer air as a breeze coursed through his fur.

"You seem like a young, promising warrior for the Armada." He smiled, wondering if this would be the packmate he'd take with him on a hunt or choose to spar with. He was itching for either, it didn't matter really. His age and experience might have a leg up on the younger male, but you never knew with these young wolves anymore. Sure Magnus had the years under his proverbial belt, but that hardly meant anything anymore. "How long have you been with us?" He questioned, wondering how much of his age he'd spent training with the Armada.

"Speech!"

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-26-2020, 11:55 AM

“I met Sirius in the spring, so a few months now.” It might not sound long to some, but for someone with more seasons ahead before reaching two, it seemed a good span. Naiche was glad to hear the reason for not recognizing the wolf was due to a mission.  Naiche tried to keep up with who belonged and it would be rather shameful of him to let one slip by all this time.  Someday he’d get missions also! Naiche was just itching to do real work.

There was probably no better way to get on Naiche’s good side then compliment him in regards to fighting ability. He nodded to Magnus comment, “I’m getting there.  Certainly I’ve learned far more here than I ever did prior.  Creatures or wolves to fight all the time makes a world of difference.”  He was ready to fight now if this wolf wanted!  The patrol could be paused long enough for that, especially since it was one he chose to do versus a job.

“I take it you are also a warrior?” Naiche opened his mouth in a big grin, “How about we learn how good we both fight?  If you aren’t too tired from your mission?” Naiche would never, ever lose a chance to fight.

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

09-26-2020, 12:12 PM

"The Armada is a good place to be if you want to be a warrior. Sirius is great at making sure his wolves are well trained and ready for anything." He nodded. He really liked Sirius, and he wasn't one to just put all of his trust into someone on the first meeting like he had him. It was different a bit with the Armada wolves, but if they weren't a part of the pack they meant almost nothing to him and were in fact more of a threat. Ashen and the Armada were the only wolves he trusted, and even some of them probably didn't deserve it as much as others.

"Most definitely. I'm never too tired for a good fight, bring it on!" He laughed heartily, eager to see what the man had to offer the Armada. Sure, he was just a warrior and not some high ranking lieutenant, but he could definitely report back to Sirius if the kid was good. He stood and shook out his pelt as he readied himself.  

"Speech!"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-26-2020, 01:20 PM

Naiche nodded slightly, “So I’ve seen.  I’m surprised I found the perfect pack so quickly.” Naiche spoke as he took just a few steps away from Magnus so there was that bit of room for either charging in or preparing distance.  Naiche was definitely getting better than we had come, there was no hesitation as he got in a defensive stance, his ears flat now, tail even with body, legs squared evenly with that slight weight on them for a fast spring action.

He gave Magnus a moment, to make sure he appeared ready but would then charge in.  Early on he had always let the other wolves attack first, but now Naiche was all about using speed to fight if he could.

Naiche ran as if to go head first but, then ran past Magnus body, jumping away in fact where he would normally trade a blow then pivoting back again as he tried to bite at the wolfs back leg.   It wasn’t a bite to grip, but a passing bite as he’d go by.  That was the plan at least. There was potential to be stopped anywhere in the process.

Naiche Dauner vs Magnus for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Medium
Build: Light
Companion 1: Not involved
Skills: Expert Fighter & Intermediate Navigator
Specialty: N/A

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

09-26-2020, 02:29 PM

Magnus nodded, understanding him well.  "Sirius found me, we had a good hunt, and offered me a place in the ranks." Not long after his words was the man reading himself for battle as the younger wolf did the same, rolling his shoulders and widening his stance for balance. He was used to getting the first move in spars, but was thankful when the man charged him instead giving him somewhat of a change of pace. He watched carefully as the man moved, waiting for impact when he noticed him speeding towards him directly before changing direction and rushing past him, though not without reaching to bite at one of his rear legs.

He was quick to turn and reach to grab the mans tail as his own leg was bit on the way by, hoping to slow his roll down a bit and use the mans speed to help pivot himself around to avoid any attacks coming from the rear.

"Speech!"

Magnus Vyle vs Naiche for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Large
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Foreleg bracers w/knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bear skin
Companion 1: Striped Hyena, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Southern African Wild Dog, Male - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Novice Hunter

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-26-2020, 11:06 PM

Naiche needed to stop getting his damn tail attacked! Though the way his tail got attack was definitely new and not something Naiche had ever had to create a defensive strategy on before!

Naiche let his tail drop, not letting it be used for balance as he attempted to spin around to bite at the other wolf.  Wasn’t it just as a pup you play ‘chase the tail’? At least there was more reach now.  It had hurt getting his tail fixed up after the lion attack.  If Mag managed to break it he’d attempt to give the wolf a real pounding!

For now though Naiche simply tried to turn around as tight as he could manage.  His ideal was to bite for the man’s neck if he could turn tight enough, but he would be just as content to go for any stray leg if that was the best he could do!

Naiche Dauner vs Magnus for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Medium
Build: Light
Companion 1: Not fighting
Skills: Expert Fighter & Intermediate Navigator

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

09-27-2020, 05:57 PM

Grabbing at the mans tail had failed as the man dropped his tail and he was unable to use it to spin himself around, but turned anyway with the force of his own weight only to see the coming teeth towards his neck. Stuck in a vulnerable position, Magnus angled his body perpendicular to Naiche and braced. Using his shoulder, he shoved himself towards Naiche in hopes the collision would jar him enough to stop the attack, maybe even get a bloody nose or something! In the process, Magnus reached his teeth down to grab at one of Naiche's front paws, hoping to grab it and twist him onto the ground if he could catch the moving paw.

"Speech!"

Magnus Vyle vs Naiche for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Large
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Foreleg bracers w/knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bear skin
Companion 1: Striped Hyena, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Southern African Wild Dog, Male - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Novice Hunter

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-08-2020, 08:26 PM

And the winner is...

MAGNUS

NAICHE must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Adjusted rolls: 7.35 19 64.4 3
NAICHE'S total is.. 112.50

Adjusted rolls: 113.4 10.8 57 64
MAGNUS' total is.. 294.24