Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
09-20-2020, 11:49 PM

He led the way with his fiancé following along beside him as they made their way to the border of the pack that he had been invited to join. As promised, he came back to the hot springs a week after Resin's invitation. He had visited the outskirts of the hot springs several times in the days in-between, watching for any signs that the promised pack had formed, and eventually he started to notice more and more wolves gathering there as well as the noticeable scent markings around the perimeter of the area. Resin very clearly kept her promise of forming her pack here and he was honestly just impressed to see the pack be built from nothing. It was an inspiration for him to see that it really was possible to do and he hoped that perhaps one day he could follow in the scarred woman's footsteps.

While he had been certain that Azariah would be willing to join him on this venture, he'd also expected his mother to come as well. It had surprised him when she insisted on staying behind, but once she explained that she wanted to stay with Ferrah, Nausicaa, and Memento he understood. Perhaps he would have reconsidered his decision to join Resin's pack in order to stay with his mother and the other younger women in his life if Roza hadn't been so insistent that he go and follow through with his promise to join the pack. She didn't say so, but he thought that she might have felt guilty over him leaving the Armada to stay with her before and didn't want to cause him to do the same thing again. He comforted himself with the knowledge that she would only be a short distance away in the mangroves so he could visit frequently and if something happened he would be easy for them to reach.

He paused at the edge of the hot springs, looking down at Azariah with a reassuring smile, dipping his head a bit to give her a gentle kiss. "Thank you for joining me on this adventure... I hope I can learn everything I need to build our future home for us here. Resin is trust worthy woman. I think you'll like her." He turned his attention back toward the center of the territory, but he wasn't able to see into the springs very well because of the tree line that stood between them and the pools at its center. He tipped his head back and let out a low howl, not feeling like it was necessary to put much volume or urgency behind the call. There was no need for Resin to rush on his account.

"Talk"

Azariah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Volcano
09-27-2020, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 04:52 PM by Azariah.)

When he had come home and asked if she would come with him to join a pack, she didn't hesitate to say she would go with him. The witch wasn't used to pack life anymore, but she would be with him and she would be safe. He trusted this Resin, and Azariah trusted him, so she would put her trust in the woman as well. Anxiety still ate at her, despite her willingness to come with him. What if she didn't fit in? What if she wasn't a good pack member? What if she did something wrong? A thousand worries crossed her mind, but then she would look up at her soon-to-be husband and her worries would ease away. They reached the pack border in what seemed like record time, Aza not missing the reassurance in his smile at her.

Smiling back at him, Aza put down her mask and looked over her shoulder at Umbra, who made a weird rolling caw, softly into the monochrome lady's ear. It was a sound to reassure her as well, though her attention was inevitably drawn back to Ulric. Aza put her mask down so that she could respond, "My love, I would go with you anywhere. If you trust her, I will too. I have no doubt that we will gain all we need for our future. I love you, and I am happy for our journey together. A little nervous, I haven't been part of a pack in so long...I need the practice." The last bit she finished in a soft chuckle. She hushed herself so he could call to the leader of the pack, announcing their arrival. Azariah found that, despite her nerves, she was excited and thrilled to find a pack. She just hoped she did good here, and tried not to worry about it too much. Leaning against Ulric's solid frame as they waited, Aza took the time to enjoy the moment and the scenery.

Note: Sorry I'm so late, I'm trying to be better XD Also sorry it kind of sucks XDDD
| Word count: 327 words |
"Talking." | 'Thought.' | 'Others.'

Click character icon to see their profile.
Discord Bird#1780 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!
Bite Warning! Azariah will bite out of fear or anxiety, please be careful with her!
Ulric Adravendi & Fam may crash any of Azariah's threads regardless of tags! <3

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
09-29-2020, 11:01 PM
The heat of the summer sun combined with the heat of the hot springs had made Resin, well... hot. The giant woman retreated to the shade of the trees that surrounded the springs. The woods were misty with steam, but at least she was out of the direct heat. The woman had been working on the visitors dens yet again. Those of the pack would be responsible for building their own places of living.

When the howl came, Resin wasn't too far off. Rising from where she'd been laying, the Ashen woman shook the debris from her thick northern pelt. Her forelegs were coated with dirt and clay, but she wasn't worried about appearances. Resin had been working hard and there was no shame in that.

Thick legs carried the massive woman to the treeline where Ulric stood with a smaller woman. The one-eyed dame dipped her head slightly in greeting. "Ulric," she spoke in her gravelly tones. It had been a week since they'd spoken and here he was, true to his word. Good thing too. There was a lot of work to be done.
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
09-30-2020, 09:18 PM

They didn't have to wait much time at all for Resin's now familiar form to appear. He offered the scarred fighter a friendly grin as she approached, noting the mud and cray that coated her legs. The building of the pack was clearly in full swing and he was happy to see that things were in the works. He was more than ready to get to work and he could only imagine from his few interactions with Resin that she was too. She certainly seemed to be the no-nonsense, hard working type. "Resin," he replied in greeting with a dip of his head and a soft chuckle.

He gave a nod toward Azariah, adding, "This is my fiancé, Azariah. My mother and nieces decided to remain in the mangroves for now - though they might change their minds eventually... Especially my youngest niece Memento - once she finally calls off the search for my sister she may decide to join as well." He gave a brief run down of where the family he had spoken of before was since this was a noticeably smaller crowd than he had originally planned. As much as he had wanted to keep his family together, he finally came to conclusion that it just wasn't going to be possible until he had a pack of his own and even then he wasn't fully convinced he'd be able to reign in his wild child of a nice. Only time would tell he supposed.

He gave Azariah a moment to speak for herself and maybe speak to what she would help with since he hadn't mentioned any of that previously before turning his attention back to Resin again. "I'm sure you already know I'm a fighter, but I'm ready to help wherever you need me," he added with his usual lop-sided grin, the expression pulling at the scar that crossed his cheek. "Thanks again for offering us a place - I'm excited to be here."

"Talk"

Azariah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Volcano
10-05-2020, 02:01 PM

It wasn't long at all before they were joined by the woman Ulric had described. Something about her one-eyed face intimidated Azariah still, but she held herself together and as the older woman approached, she felt her monochrome frame press subconsciously closer to Ulric. Resin hadn't been threatening, the witch was simply shy and mostly unsure of herself in a pack setting. It was too late to back out now, not that she would want to. Her will to be by her fiance's side was too strong to let her abandon him, besides, she needed the comfort of his presence just as much as he needed hers. With a smile, Azariah dipped her head as Resin had in greeting. Her smile grew wider and she seemed to rise rather than shrink back as Ulric introduced her to the alpha.  As he paused, she piped up, finding her voice shakey at first due to nerves, but it gathered confidence the more she spoke. "Pleased to finally meet you! I suppose I would be best with healing, but, honestly I will go where needed...I am not a fighter, though." It was after she proposed what she was best at that Ulric did the same and thanked her for the new home.

Azariah gave another smile and waved her monochrome tail behind her, ready to start the next chapter of her life. She was happy, truly happy, and she couldn't imagine being any happier than she was with Ulric. The pack would be good for them, she was sure, and she could never thank Resin enough for the opportunity to learn and better themselves. "Yes, thank you! I'm nervous, but excited!" Even though she was a bit awkward with others, she made her best effort to at least be endearing about it. Azariah realized she was a bit more rusty with social interaction than she first presumed.

Note: words go here.
| Word count: ### words |
"Talking." | 'Thought.' | 'Others.'

Click character icon to see their profile.
Discord Bird#1780 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!
Bite Warning! Azariah will bite out of fear or anxiety, please be careful with her!
Ulric Adravendi & Fam may crash any of Azariah's threads regardless of tags! <3

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
10-07-2020, 10:57 PM

Resin listened as Ulric introduced his woman and then spoke of his mother and nieces. "Good to meet you, Azariah," she nodded to the smaller woman, then looked back to the man for a moment. "One of your nieces was already here looking for you. I believe her name was Memento." The girl had asked a few questions and that was it. She hadn't seen her again since then.

She did know that Ulric was a fighter simply by his stature, but it was good that he solidified the fact. The one-eyed woman nodded in turn and listened to his mate as she listed her own skills. "As a pack founded with the intent to heal the body and mind, healers are always welcome." With a pull of her head, she motioned for the pair to follow her.

As Resin walked, she talked. "I've claimed the nearby falls as well. I intend to keep the pack up top and the visitors down below." She could welcome others into the territory, but that didn't mean that she trusted them. Already she was worried about Meadow deciding to stay below. "I've already dug quite a few dens for visitors, but there's a lot of construction left to be finished." Leading them into the clearing where the hot springs bubbled, she pointed out the fencing between the pools that she'd begun to lace together with thin saplings. "Off to the side are the visitors dens." Sweeping one paw out, she indicated a row of holes in the treeline. "I've lined them with clay and fire hardened them to keep out moisture." Yes, she'd been working tirelessly from the moment she arrived.

Now that they were within the area of the springs, she turned to the pair. "Ulric, I would have you help to dig and line more dens. Azariah, my sister, Meadow, has a healing hut just over that way. Meet her if you wish. Get familiar with the place." The woman waved a scarred paw absently. "All of this can be done tomorrow. For now, welcome to The Hallows."

"Speech"
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

1KCritical Hit!
10-11-2020, 04:44 PM

Ulric was proud of his fiancé for speaking for herself and making her voice known despite her hesitance and nerves. He knew that he was asking a lot of her when he had her come with him to join Resin's pack, but he hoped it would be a good learning experience for both of them. If he had any hope of bringing his pack into reality then he was going to need as much experience and knowledge of how they were run as he could get. This would be a good opportunity for her to get a feel for pack life as well and get used to living around several wolves - as well as give her plenty of chances to build her skills as well. It sounded like this place was going to place a high value on healers so this would surely be a great place for her to be.

When Resin motioned for them to follow he did just that, keeping Azariah at his side as they walked. He nodded occasionally with understanding and to acknowledge what was being told to him. He liked the layout that Resin had come up with - it kept the main body of the pack together while giving a space for growth and visitors as needed. He had also always enjoyed the view from the top of the falls so he was glad that they would be making their home there as well. It was certainly going to be a change of pace from the mangroves they had been living in for the last few seasons, but not in a bad way. He was really quite impressed with the work that had been done so far as Resin pointed out the dens and fences she had constructed and nodded in agreement when she mentioned that he would help her construct more living spaces. "Of course, I'd be happy to."

As they were welcomed into The Hallows he grinned and gave a nod of his head before peeking down at Azariah to give her a happy smile. This would be their home - at least for now. He was determined to make the very best of it and absorb every bit of knowledge he could so that one day they could forge their own path.

"Talk"