gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
lunarcat7
09-27-2020, 02:38 PM

Searching for a good spot to spend her afternoon, Svala wandered through fern gulley. It was a healer's paradise, full of many wonderful herbs. She spied a good spot to rest and got a fire going. Svala settled down to practice her crafting with chamomile as well as to make some tea for her own nerves. She knew using chamomile in a poultice helped with swelling and the flowers had some antiseptic properties that would ward off infection. She'd found a large grouping of chamomile and she picked as much as she could, setting down a bouquet. She decided what she wanted to use then and decided she'd dry the rest. Selecting a few plants, Svala started to snip the flowering tops off of them, dividing them into two piles. One for the tea and one for the poultice.

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
Valentines 2020Treat 2019Christmas 2019
09-27-2020, 04:06 PM

Well, hunting had been a bust. Not only did the butchering of the sheep bring her stomach to turn but her attempt at killing a lone lizard had caused her to befriend it instead. More and more she wondered whether she was cut out for being a wolf at all, but she couldn't judge herself too harshly - yet. Hunting was only one job, and while Aryn knew she was incapable of battle there was always the option of healing those who had been in combat. The sight of blood was still difficult on her, but perhaps she could start by gathering common herbs to identify. Something hands-off, bloodless, goreless, and safe.

The monochromatic miss padded along softly down the gulley, her pink eyes taking in the beauty of the surrounding herbs and flowers and finally for the first time in a season feeling a little bit better. Of course she still couldn't put a name to any of the plants she passed by, though their beauty did manage to bring her spirits up regardless. She noticed a small yellow flower, it reminded her almost of sun if the sun could be tiny enough to fit in her paw. Gingerly she placed her teeth around the stem, snipping it off and placing it in her borrowed saddlebag.

Lifting her head she noticed the other, one who had a bouquet of her own. Being friendly came naturally to Aryn, even if certain jerks like Tyrian had shown themselves undeserving of kindness. "Hello there." She greeted with a smile. "Those are lovely, do they have a purpose beyond being nice to look at?" She had to start somewhere, and with no Lirim wolf having knowledge of healing she figured strangers would need to do.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Svala

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
lunarcat7
09-27-2020, 04:36 PM

She reached into her bag and pulled out two ceramic bowls. She put an ounce of the flowers in one bowl for tea and several other flowers in the other. Taking a deer fibula in her mouth, she titled her head so the balled end would mash the chamomile flowers for the tea and for the poultice. She worked back and forth between the bowls until she was satisfied. She heard approaching movement and looked up to see a young woman picking chamomile as well. She set the deer fibula down and returned the smile. "Hello there! Oh yes, I'm making some chamomile tea, well, and a poultice to. Mostly for practice. My name is Svala and you're welcome to join me if you like." She was always happy for company, especially from fellow healers.

Aryn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
Valentines 2020Treat 2019Christmas 2019
11-02-2020, 03:35 PM
This stranger was polite, and Aryn's remaining tension faded away at her welcoming invitation. "Actually, I'd love to." She padded over towards the older woman, inspecting the bowls and flowers with curiosity. This was a part of healing Aryn could get behind, nothing involving blood or gore just making teas and remedies that at worst could leave a wolf with an upset stomach if she'd messed it up somehow. "Could you teach me? I'd like to learn these things, but we have no skilled healers in my pack to learn from." She eyed the bone the woman was using to mash the herbs, and then the skillfully crafted bowls. If she was going to assist, she might as well help to collect a little extra of the flower for the lovely woman. Her head swiveled, searching the gulley until she'd spotted another bright yellow flower. Wandering over to it, she worked the stem with her teeth as she ha the first one. "Oh, I'm Aryn, by the way!" She called out over her shoulder, finishing severing the stem and returning to deposit both bright flowers back before the healer.