Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
10-02-2020, 04:33 PM

It was only a few days out now, her second meeting with the slate man, where she'd turn over his missing family and she'd get to keep his pack, and whatever members chose not to leave themselves. If she was being honest she wasn't optimistic about having much fresh blood from Lirim's meager offerings, instead, she knew she'd have to rely on aid from the empire...

Which put her in a sticky situation. Her cousin had only just ascended to power, and though she'd known she'd had the backing of her aunt she had no idea what part of their deal Venom knew about... or was planning to keep. She'd have to play carefully, extol the virtues of her new kingdom for Ashen... With a disgrunted sigh Recluse tipped her head back, calling for her cousin, hoping only that she'd not be left to desperately drown with no aid.

speech think action

[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
10-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Being summoned by Recluse was no great surprise to the young Empress. Her cousin desired power almost as much as she did. Though Venom had an unacknowledged hatred for Hannibal the Klein woman was not her father. Deathbelle had briefly mentioned Recluse and her intentions but the conversation hadn’t gone very far. She supposed this would likely be hashing their differences. Venom didn’t know her cousin very well, they hadn’t spent a great amount of time together. She was loyal to the Empire though, and that alone brought Venom to have a respect for her that wasn’t shared with many of their kin these days.

Venom didn’t make Recluse wait so long, but she hadn’t rushed herself either. The languid girl approached through the white trees with her tongue flicking with curiosity. Magenta eyes flashed as she came to a halt before her, ”Recluse, you called?”
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
10-05-2020, 04:28 PM

Venom would not leave her waiting long and Recluse would give the young new empress a gracious dip of her head. Better to offer her all the formalities now than regret her callousness later. "I did Venom." She said, still not rising to her paws, though, she expected their negotiations may take some time and wasn't inclined to standing around while they talked. Lilith was notably absent today, the serpent having been left with her captives, she intended for this just to be a chat between them, though she'd not complain if her cousin's squirrel showed its face.

"I am not sure how much you know about the captives within your lands but they were mine to do with as I pleased. I have since learned they are the mate and child of an alpha to the south, who had agreed to give me his pack for their safe return. That exchange is soon approaching and without mincing words, I am not eager to start my reign as a queen surrounded by wolves I cannot trust not to try and slit my throat, but I also am not too hopeful that any of the pack's members will choose to follow me. I had your mother's assurance of aid in that regard. Put simply, I seek to expand the empire's reach and envision my own pack as an extension of yours, the empire's eyes and ears. To that end, I am hoping you may be able to assist me in building up my own base." Recluse was certain she didn't need to spell out what she meant by that.

"If you're so willing I have only one request, our half siblings, of those that remain at least. I've also felt the sting of being abandoned by our father... and know better than most what it is they need now to help keep them on the path to honoring the empire." She wouldn't call her father names here, no, but the venom in her voice upon his mention should have given her cousin enough to know that while it hadn't been spoken aloud Recluse too disdained Hannibal. "Beyond that, it might be a good way to deal with the more... Problematic elements of the family? Not allowed to roam free but kept far enough away they are no threat to the new empress and her empire? Or perhaps high ranking members you wish to replace with your own chosen?" It was a bit of a ploy she had to admit, she hadn't failed to notice how some members lurked at the edges of the meeting and as for the latter suggestion? Well, that was more a hunch, she had no notions of what shakeups her cousin planned but she could imagine that Venom might wish to replace her own inner circle with members she herself chose... Recluse would want the same after all. What she was really offering was an out, a chance for Venom to do what she pleased with the dregs of her mother's empire while not having to deal with the potential fallout. Recluse had no illusions about that making her life any easier but she might as well try to play both sides of any disgruntled aunts and uncles hmm? If her cousin thought it was her idea and she played the dutiful niece who would restore pride to her wounded family, well then it was win-win.

speech think action

[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
10-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Venom realized quickly she didn’t trust Recluse. Not in the least. That was alright though, they ddn’t know each other, and that was one reason Recluse called her here. Because she didn’t trust the new empress either. Hannibal’s heir spoke upfrontly, which Venom was not opposed to, however she couldn’t help but feel like Recluse was holding back. Like she thought Venom naive. Still, Recluse said what Venom wanted to hear, it wasn’t likely the whole truth.

”You can have whoever wishes to follow you.” Venom started, making it clear she wouldn’t force anyone under Recluse’s rule. ”If you can find Chimera you can keep him.” She didn’t veil her obvious distaste in their shared half brother. ”You’ll have to ask Mortis, Sirius’s son, for Siren. I gave her to him when I suspected Chimera was… being too rough. Incubus… Is probably with your father.” Which was likely dead, but who knew. He’d disappeared once more without a word to anyone.

Venom shrugged lightly. ”We need to be able to rely on one another after all.” Recluse needed Venom, but for how long? ”Where do you plan to settle?” She went on to question much more lightly as she decided she liked the idea of the quieter Kleins retreating under Recluse’s responsibility.
[Image: ven-sig.png]