gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
lunarcat7
10-03-2020, 12:46 PM

Svala surveyed the land, eyeing the unusual items that littered the barren plain. She knew enough to know that they were human relics though she could only guess at what their purpose was. Based on the stories she heard as a pup she doubted it was anything good, still maybe there were some items here she could put to good use.

Sunlight glinted of the metallic objects as she looked to the sky. It was a lovely day. The late afternoon sky was a lovely color of blue and a few clouds drifted through the sky here and there. No sign of rain.

Coming upon a large metal object (tank), big enough to house a wolf Svala decided it was worth marking on her map. She rolled out the piece of hide and pulled out a piece of hardened charcoal. It was less likely to smear but if she wiped hard enough with a scrap of fur she could erase. Tipping her head she tried sketching a rough shape of the metal thing.

"Talk" "You" Think

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
10-03-2020, 08:05 PM

Naiche made his way through the odd landscape, sniffing at an item here and there. The metal gave off a strange scent and while he didn’t have a clue what it was the young wolf could tell some of the items were broken parts the belonged together by where the rough edges matched. These were unnatural things that both deserved curiosity and wariness.

The wheat-toned wolf didn’t roam as much as he once had, at least not too far from home but today that inner urge to explore had been too much to refuse. Naiche needed to get it out of his system now as soon he hoped to have no time for roaming as he imagined raising up higher in rank, perhaps even to reaper? Likewise, he hoped to indeed put a lot of time into training Sirius kids, and maybe others? Naiche rather enjoyed training which he hadn’t expected.

He sniffed at the dull end of a sword stuck in the ground curious about it before then spotting this other wolf who appeared to be holding a rock and drawing on some animal hide. Odd. Naiche trotted over closer from behind, looking to the wolf and to the strange thing in front. “Strange, isn’t it? What do you make of the oddities? They don’t smell nor feel like rocks,” offered in a means of greeting.

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Svala

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
lunarcat7
10-03-2020, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2020, 08:18 PM by Svala.)

There was very little shelter on the plateau, the only shade coming from the larger metal forms that dotted the landscape here and there. She paused beneath another massive form, this time linger on the side in shade to take a brief respite from her travels. Her ears flicked up at the approaching a yearling male. She shrugged lightly. "I'm not sure what to make of them. I'm certain these are human relics but I have no idea what they were for. My name is Svala, are you out exploring to?"

She sat down and unrolled a piece of hide with charcoal markings on it. Her temporary map. She took out her piece of charcoal wrapped in dried clay and used the tip to mark the second large metal form.

She glanced up at the sky for a moment. Still good, but oh how she wished there was a breeze! The sun continued to beat down and every moment that it did the air grew steadily hotter.

"Talk" "You" Think

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-03-2020, 09:27 PM

Naiche tilted his head to one side at the notion, “human?” To Naiche it was a new word. He loved exploring the land and trying to get every scent he could store in his mind but the history of the land wasn’t something he had ever looked into. “Are they some type of lizard then?” Maybe it was some crazy huge lizard scales? If so they were giant terrors, best no longer around. Though that didn’t really fit looking at the thing in front of him he could not imagine how it could be part of somethings anatomy.

Naiche looked at her mark on the hide, furrowing his brow but not ready to ask any more questions to a wolf he had just met. “I’m Naiche, and yes. There are times I still need to stretch my legs and find something new to enjoy. Though I have to say, this place hasn’t impressed me much. It’s certainly strange and I don’t know what to make of it, but I don’t care for the smell or the view.” Naiche preferred the smell of forests or grass lands that weren’t littered with so much of the strange things.

Svala

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
lunarcat7
10-04-2020, 07:51 AM

The air was dry and she supposed she should be glad it was a dry heat and not something more sweltering. In some ways she'd be glad when autumn finally came around. She spied the eastern edge of the territory and quickly sketched it in on her map while she thought about Naiche's question.

"I'm not sure. I think they were some type of giant, featherless birds. You know, sort of like magpies. They liked making shiny things and elaborate nests." She wasn't for sure of course, all that was left in regards to humans were legends and stories. She knew only what she was told. She eyed the barren plain and nodded as Naiche spoke.

"I agree, I'm ready to get out of here. I'm headed east if you'd like to join me?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

10-04-2020, 04:38 PM

Naiche tried to imagine up what these giant featherless magpies might look like, furrowed brows came up with some creepy images.  Naiche was pretty glad the giants were extinct if they looked anything like her description. “They sound horrible.  I guess that would explain the strange oddities that are scattered about.”

Naiche glanced up at the bright sun then back to Svala, “Sounds good.” Not a bad thing to travel with someone else in case of bears, tigers, lions, all of those things.   Naiche had come from the east but farther down such so directly east of here he hadn’t seen yet.  “Never seen a wolf making marks on hide before, I’m curious as to why.”

Despite how he didn’t care for this area, maybe someday he would come back and take another look at the oddities.  Was there anything here that could be used to make armor? Probably better going with animal hide though certainly this strange material was solid.  
[/b][/color]