size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
10-05-2020, 12:04 PM
As the pair walk through the night, Outlaw telling his grand stories and Meadow listening closely, the duo make their way toward the hot springs. By the time the small healer’s paws find the familiar paths of her home, dawn is breaking across the horizon. Swaths of colors blaze across the sky, lightening the dark night sky into a patchwork of oranges, reds and blues. Meadow watches the display with tired, wonder filled eyes, attention starting to split between her friend, the sky and trying not to trip over her paws.

Usually, Meadow is the type of wolf that likes to go to bed before the moon has a chance to rise too far and wake early, starting the day before most have awaken. This is not usual for her and her body is telling her how unhappy it is that she has stayed up so late. A huge, long yawn erupts from her mouth and surprises her. Sheepishly, she looks to Outlaw and says, “Excuse me.” before focus her attention back on her paws. Sleepy smile rests on her lips and, when she smells the familiar scent of her pack lands, Meadow is happy to be home.

Stopping a short distance outside of the invisible boundary, directing Outlaw to follow her example with a silent dip of her head, Meadow turns her gaze to Outlaw and tells him, “Okay Outlaw. We will wait here until Resin comes to see us.” Tilting her head back, Meadow releases a short howl, asking for Resin to join them. In the call is the message, ‘potential pack member’, letting her sister know what to expect. Once that is done, the small healer sinks down onto her haunches and looks to her new friend with a smile. She tells him, “It shouldn’t be too long. How are you holding up?” Smile is soft as she waits for Resin with Outlaw, trying not to yawn again.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Advanced Intellectual (80)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
10-05-2020, 01:23 PM

Outlaw is certainly the sort who seems to stay energetic almost all of the time he is awake however, it doesn’t last forever and tiredness tends to hit rather suddenly.  His excited voice kept going, and his energy showing until he finished with a story.  Around that point, he realized he was tired.  Funny how the excitement and focusing on how he lay on a raft actually took energy, the excitement in meeting someone new, treasures to find and stories had done a good job of exhausting him.

Outlaw nodded at the comment of waiting at the boundary line, sitting down.  As is the mystery with yawns somehow after her yawn it seemed Outlaw had no choice but to follow the example and let out of his own out. “Oh, I’m good,” the voice came out cheery, starting with that faster happy pace but dragging off to more normal at the end.  Someone had lost his energy to keep the upbeat paced talk for long. “It’s been a really fun day, from the raft and exploring and treasure hunting and meeting you.” Fun one, and a long one.  

Speech:"Life is but a game " Think

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

10-05-2020, 10:34 PM
Eyes watch the little ball of energy named Outlaw as they sit near the border and wait. Even the happy, animated wolf seems to be losing some of the pep in his step. It becomes evident to her that he might be starting to lose steam when her own yawn seems to pull a matching one from Outlaw. Wide, surprised eyes watch him for moment before the giggle start. They bubble up and out and Meadow doesn’t even know why she is giggling. Oh, yeah. She is definitely sleepy.

When her bout of giggles subsides, the small healer nods to Outlaw’s statement that he is good, not quite believing him but not giving voice to that belief. It does not escape her attention that his rapid-fire pace of speech is starting to slow and her eyes once more examine him. Sleepy smile appears and she says, “Oh yes, very fun! But you have had a very long day too. I think that sleep will be a good idea… for both of us.”

Another yawn tries to escape but Meadow clamps her mouth shut firmly and tries to hide it. The need to distract herself from her bodies urge to sleep as they wait for Resin has her asking her friend, “So, Outlaw, what is your favorite thing about your home?” Her sluggish brain can’t seem to come up a better question to ask but it will do. Looking to her friend, she offers him another smile and focuses all her attention on what he has to say.

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
10-06-2020, 12:00 AM
Resin was already awake and working when the call came. Since it was from Meadow, the giant woman brushed the dirt from her paws and began moving down the hillside and in the direction that she believed she needed to go. The rest of the world still seemed as though they were asleep which was just fine. Resin enjoyed her alone time. She wouldn't be getting much of it for quite some time with pups on the way.

The chatter of voices took the hulking woman right to her sister and a... whatever that was. A dog in a hat, she realized as she moved closer. "Meadow," she said in greeting. Her howl had contained the promise of a new member. Resin only hoped that this young boy possessed some sort of skills that might make him useful.
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

10-06-2020, 07:10 AM

What was his favorite thing about home?  Outlaw glanced up at the sky thinking about it, “well, treasure hunting there was awfully fun also as a pup.  Eventually, I knew where most the things were, but so many things that even the adults couldn’t explain could really get you trying to imagine what it was.  The beach could still be fun, sometimes the ocean will pull up something different, or find something in the sand uncovered.  Dander was really talented, he’d actually dive under the water for a few seconds and grab whatever he could.” A pause and tired grin, “He got a lot of sand most the time as it was hard to see farther down you went and his eyes kept closing right before they touched the water.  But he once bright up a shiny circular metal thing with really sharp ends to it.”

He had other stories of course, there were always more stories that could switch from one tangent to the next with a breath of air but then he saw another wolf approaching them.  Probably Resin?  For the new wolf, he woke a bit more again, tail picking up the speed in the tail wag, and after the hello to Meadow, he piped in a, “Hello, I’m Outlaw.” Acting too tired in front of someone new seemed rude.  There was always a bit more energy to spare!  The shepherd-mix was bound to be sleeping well later tonight.
Unless noted you can assume Outlaw is wearing his hat.  
It's also likely there is a seagull somewhere nearby

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

10-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Pouring all her energy into listening to Outlaw’s story, Meadow smiles happily as he talks. Nodding here and there, she finds that the sound of his voice is very relaxing and she drifts along on its current. His tale ends just as Resin approaches and the small healer stands to greet her older sister. Dipping her head, Meadow stops herself from touching Resin, instead saying, “Hello Resin! Outlaw here was wandering in the mangrove and we stumbled upon each other. He is very kind and I thought you two should meet.” Taking a small step back, she encourages Outlaw to take over and speak with Resin. Meadow will be here for moral support, but what happens next is between Resin and Outlaw. Taking a seat, Meadow realizes her tiredness has fallen away, replaced with nervous anticipation for what is about to take place.

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

10-07-2020, 02:22 AM
A younger Resin might have turned the young wolf-dog away. The Hallows wasn't a war driven pack though. It was a pack of second chances. A pack of safety and home. The boy introduced himself as Outlaw. Meadow piped up a moment later, making her own introduction. It was obvious her sister wanted. Meadow had always been soft hearted and wanted to save everyone and everything. Resin wasn't remotely like that. Everyone had to have a purpose. Everyone had to contribute.

"Outlaw," Resin said simply, staring down upon the pair if small canines. If he wished to join, he and Meadow would have to ask. Not only would they have to ask, but they would have to convince the slate and obsidian woman that Outlaw could and would contribute.

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

10-07-2020, 07:04 PM

Meadow had been so animated and happy to talk with joyfully and while he understood Resin wouldn’t be just like Meadow this already was a stark contrast.  All Resin had said was his name once.  Oh well, Meadow had said she was nice so maybe she was just a quiet sort of nice.

He looked from Resin to Meadow and back as he tried to think of what to reply to just one word.  Hm, well he’d just pretend it had been a full more normal greeting, “Hello Resin,” offered with tired cheer. Outlaw kept his tail swishing about, “So, I moved here from the forgotten Isle with my raft. While I was looking around I met Meadow and we treasure hunted and it was a lot of fun.  You can come with us next time if you want?” He was moving off the initial point, he wasn’t good at keeping to one line of thought when he was excited.  He was excited a lot of the time. “Anyway, she told me about your pack and it sounded really nice.  So, I was hoping I could stay here also.”

That was a pretty short amount of information really, at least by comparison of some of his chats he’d already had with Meadow.  It was hard to know what Resin would want to hear about though from just her greeting.  

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

10-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Looking from Resin to Outlaw, Meadow waits for one of them to speak. Resin is first and simply states his name, single sulfur eye seems to bore holes into her and it takes all of Meadow’s willpower not to shrink away under her sister’s calculating gaze. Outlaw cheerful chimes in, telling Resin how they went treasure hunting and she can come along next time. Soft smile appears as she looks at him before looking back to her sister. Okay, so maybe she has a huge soft spot for… well a lot of things, but Outlaw is really special and genuine. With a little direction, she is certain he will be a contributing pack member. She knows that is one of the big pack rules that everyone pulls their weight and with some time and direction, Meadow is certain that Outlaw will do just that.

As Outlaw finishes, Meadow looks to her sister, straightening up to her full, albeit short height and squares her shoulders. This is something Meadow is passionate about, something she will fight tooth and claw for and she is terrified of Resin rejecting Outlaw. Meadow adds, “He will be very beneficial to the pack. I can teach him to help me gather herbs or to craft useful things for the pack. Outlaw can live in my healing hut until he builds himself a den and I will teach him everything he needs to know.” Looking from Resin to Outlaw and back, Meadow finishes, “I swear he will pull his weight and I will help him with anything he needs. I promise.”

Emerald eyes meet sulfur gaze and Meadow smiles warmly. In her head, she keeps repeating, ‘please say yes, please say yes, please say yes’.

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

10-07-2020, 08:36 PM

The boy definitely was enthusiastic. He piped up, tail wagging and filled her in on his life story. He even went so far as to invite her to go treasure hunting with them next time. The brow above Resin's missing eye arched and she folded her haunches, sitting and curling her tail around one large hip. Meadow came in next, offering reasons as to why the boy should be allowed to stay. The stoic giantess stared down at the pair of smaller canines, her features unmoving. She could see the pleading look in Meadow's eyes. It was terribly obvious. She would make them wait in silence as she considered.

"No..." she eventually said, her face still expressionless, but her singular gaze hard. She waited until the pair made their initial reaction before continuing. "No reason why we wouldn't have you, Outlaw." Now a mischievous glint entered the older woman's gaze and the corners of her maw lifted ever so slightly. She wouldn't tell Meadow no when this was clearly something that she wanted. Outlaw was young. Essentially still a pup. Why would she let him brave the world on his own? It was a dangerous place.

"All members of The Hallows are expected to pull their own weight. Everyone is to contribute as they are able and everyone is to advance their skills until they can claim to be a master of their craft." The woman tilted her head slightly, fully fixing that one eye upon the boy. "If you can do that, you're welcome here." Though they were a pack of healing, she expected each member to work hard. This wasn't a pack for freeloaders.

"Speech"

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

10-08-2020, 02:10 PM

Outlaw looked happily at Meadow as she spoke, who doesn’t like someone thinking well of you? She was doing so much to try and help him out.  He was sure glad he had run into her so early on.  A fun day with a new home would make it all perfect.  The grey and black dog had been right, there was nothing to worry about in leaving home.  The raft ride had worked out, met someone knew right away, had fun and a new home.  Everyone should give it a try!

When Resin said no the tail stopped wagging, a confused expression on his features.  ‘No’ didn’t sound like yes?  How was ‘No’ a yes? She was nice so there was no reason to deny them, right?  This had him cast a confused look to Meadow.  She seemed smart and was sure to know her sister well enough to understand.  Would no actually be no?

Once Resin finished her statement it made much more sense! His head raised up with a large grin appearing.  “Oh, thanks!” A joke!  Meadow was right, Resin was a good wolf and funny.  

“Sure, I can help Meadow!  Whatever she wants or you need, I can do that.” Outlaw nodded agreeably, “Well, if I know how too, otherwise someone might have to show me.  I can make stuff too, like my raft, well but it's gone now.  Not sure where it floated off to.” All cheery again happy to know he had a home and forgetting his being tired.  The overly excitable dog would be passing out soon at this rate!  “Oh, we only found one treasure earlier but you can have it if you’d like.”

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

10-08-2020, 09:08 PM
Looking from Outlaw to Resin, a hopeful glimmer in her eyes, Meadow offers Resin a warm smile. The silence that falls seems to stretch on forever but it couldn’t have been more than a few minutes. Smile starts to falter and fade as the silence pounds into her and Resin takes her time to consider Outlaw. Then, the bottom falls out of her world. No. It is a simple word, two letters long and yet the impact of it is felt like a slap across her face. Everything about her seems to wilt as her heart drops, stomach clenches and it is only compounded when Meadow sees the confused expression that Outlaw wears.

No. She can’t say no. No is not okay. It is final and not what she wanted to hear! It cuts her like a knife to the heart. Turning to Resin, Meadow’s mouth opens, ready to defend her choice in friend and packmate when Resin finishes her sentence. Mouth hangs open, a fish gasping for breath and her jaw pumps, once, twice as she sees the mischievous look in her sister’s eye. Did she just… did Resin just play a trick on her? Wait, what? Laughter starts way down in her belly and works upward until it is bursting out of Meadow’s mouth in loud, explosive bellows. Head tilts back as she laughs, great peels of mirth bouncing around her.

When she finally gets ahold of herself and manages to stop laughing, tears are leaking out of the corners of her eyes from the force.  She shakes her head at Resin, showing her disdain and humor for the trick. Looking to Outlaw as Resin explains The Hallows, Meadow still can’t believe what had happened. A goofy grin rests on her lips and her exhaustion has been replaced with elation. Never mind that she nearly had a heart attack. He thanks Resin and offers her his treasure and Meadow quickly says to Resin, “I will show you the treasure later.”

Throwing a playful wink to Resin, Meadow then looks to Outlaw and says, “We have had a long night. I think it is time for us to go to bed.” Looking to Resin’s confirmation that is okay to leave, Meadow tells her sister, "Thank you!" and starts planning out the bed she will make for Outlaw in her healing hut.

"Speech!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

10-16-2020, 11:47 PM
Seeing the expressions of disbelief on the faces of the two small canines was priceless. Outlaw looked terribly confused and she was sure that Meadow had been just about ready to argue with her. After she finished her sentence it took them both a minute for the reality of the situation to sink in. The boy smiled and her sister disolved into laughter. Resin merely gave that small smile.

The boy offered his services in any way that he was able. He then offered her a treasure of some sort which Meadow said she'd show her tomorrow. Both appeared to be rather tired and Meadow excused them so that they could sleep. "Rest up, " the Aegis replied. "There's still a great deal of work to be done here." There were dens to be dug. Herbs to be collected. Buildings to be constructed. Patrols to be walked. Markings to be made. The work of a pack never ended. With a nod to the pair, Resin turned and moved off. They would sleep, but she was on patrol today.