ardent

save me

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
06-10-2014, 01:43 PM

She had collected them, alfalfa, horsetail and buckthorn as Cat had told her. But that was too many. It was wrong. Something was missing. Something needed to be taken away and added. The buckthorn was discarded, dropped without ever being thought. Alfalfa made a bit of sense. Horsetail made none and buckthorn made less. Wtf was this thing. She moved away from her boarders, having left Cat with her daughter in a random den untouched by sickness before heading towards Cru. Someone had died from this. She had to save him. She entered without greeting or word, moving to drop the alfalfa before him and half the horsetail. The other half she would lay across his eyes if he let her, hoping to mop up some of the blood dripping down. "I have it one good authority that these will help... Has anyone tried any others?" She asked as she lay down before him. Moving her head forward to rest them atop his paws.

Table by Azil

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-10-2014, 02:45 PM

Crucifix had fallen into a deep sleep a little after the herbs had been administred, the sedative had kicked in and when he awoke he felt oddly refreshed. Not whole... but better and knew something that they had given him had helped. What had Orchid said again? He struggled through the lethargy knowing how important it was he remember. The herbs slipped into his mind in the same instant that the red queen slipped into his den. He blinked up at her as she approached, the scent of herbs fresh about her and he realised why as she slipped some to the den floor. More herbs would lay across his forehead and he sighed in relief and the soft coolness it brought his fevered brow.

He was no longer afraid that Vi would catch his sickness, he knew that if she was going to she would have already ? no it seemed his red queen was too strong for the likes of this strange illness. She was speaking to him and he struggled to focus on her words, smiling in relief as she asked him what herbs had been tried. ?Orchid tried... Meadowsweet, Ladys slippers? those two had been easy enough to remember. ?And some Valictic root..?? no, that didn't sound right. ?I can still smell it, I think she left some in the den for me in case anything helped ? Which I think it did, I feel better today then I have in a while, had a proper sleep? he smiled at Val, there was hope in his eyes that maybe they would find their way out of this.

"Speech"

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
06-10-2014, 03:19 PM

He seemed better, not great but better. Had Orchid gathered the pack together and tried more herbs like she had asked? She could only hope. He allowed her to place the leaves on his brow without fuss or complaint, and she reached forward to lap some of the dried blood from his cheeks. He was a mess. After a moment he would reply, listing two rather odd herbs before throwing out a third she didn't recognize. But then again horsetail was mostly a topical plant and here she was feeling it to him. Who was she to complain? Orchid had left some? Vi's head lifted from his paws as she cast her gaze around the small den and sure enough. There it was. All three of the herbs were there. Valerian root. It helped with stomach pain didn't it? Or something like vomiting? God she didn't know. She didn't care. She reached over and plucked a section of it out before offering it to him with the other two she had brought. "Eat. There's been deaths now because of this sickness. I can't loose you." she murmured, nosing the herbs closer to him. But what if she did? How long could she continue forcing herbs down his throat before enough was enough? Before either his mind of his body gave out? Would they? Could she let them?

Table by Azil

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-11-2014, 12:09 AM

She put the herbs before him and he trusted her wholy. He swollowed the earthly tasting things she thrust towards him and with a sigh placed his head against the earth. A sense of drowsiness was already creeping through him, despite being fully sick of sleeping by now. He looked up at Vi once and a smile would touch his lips, and then he was gone. There where no dreams in his sleep, just peacefull nothingness that drifted by him endlessly and he had no sense of how much time had passed when he awoke.

When he did he could taste Vi's scent still fresh in the air, feel her warmth against him and he stretched out his limps, then.. paused. He pushed them out further and shook his head and gave a soft laugh. No headache, and well he still felt lethargic he also felt better then he had in a long time. He grinned again, wide and true ? finally, after far to long, he was back. ?Whatever you gave me did the trick. I think you found it Vi..? he said.

"Speech"

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
06-11-2014, 12:21 AM

He trusted her. For some insane fucked up reason he trusted her. He ate the herbs and smiled at her lightly before drifting off into sleep. For a short time she would reach forward and groom the side of his face facing up towards the ceiling, cleaning the blood from his pelt before once more laying her head down beside his and closing her own eyes. Sleep came quickly to the exhausted queen, dragging her down as she was hypnotized by his rhythmic breathing. She couldn't remember the last time she had slept well. Probably not since the plague but this time it was easy and quick, knocking her out almost as if she had run face first into a tree.

She didn't awaken until she heard his voice, speaking to her in a normal pattern. For a moment she simply grumbled and rolled, fighting the hold sleep had on her and then finally blinking bleary eyes and looking to him. His eyes weren't bleeding?? Again she tried to focus, jaws stretching wide in a yawn before shaking her head. "Huh? Wait..." At first she remained out of it before she really focused in on him. He did seem better. "Cru? Your okay! Did we? Did we figure out the cure?!?!" She exclaimed, smile splitting across her lips as she realized this.

"Speech"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-11-2014, 10:12 PM

It had surprised him to see she had slept beside him, cloudy minded and drowsy it hadn't entered his mind as he drifted off to sleep. Now as he awoke, like the sun appearing from behind the clouds of a storm that seemed to never end, he woke freshed and with a clear mind. He smiled at his sleepy queen, watched the rise and fall of her softly red coat as she spoke drowsy tones of half sleep. He knew the moment it seemed to go through her and the sleep fell away, she looked at him and he smiled back at her, radient and full of life for the first time in forever. ?You did? he agreed, moving forward to nuzzle against the side of her face ? not even thinking about the inapproiateness of doing so to his queen. He was lost in the moment, the freedom of health and when his skin brushed against her no longer did it burn and ache, but felt soft and welcoming.

"Speech"

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
06-11-2014, 10:29 PM

He seemed alert and aware of everything that was happening around him and she suddenly became quite self conscious about the fact that she wasn't all there when she woke up. But as everything tuned in she couldn't help but break into a smile, not shrugging off his touch but instead pressing into it, even shuffling forward to attempt to wrap a forepaw around his shoulders, lapping at his cheeks in a strange show of affection. He was going to be okay! She had to give this with Fiamette, Desiree and Scorpion then spread it to the rest of the packs and hopefully the rouges would come from there if they had been effected as well. "Cru! I have to go!" Head snapped back and she looked at him, paw still draped around his shoulders so they were close, almost nose to nose. "I need you to do something for me. Can you run this pack for me for a week or so?" She asked, throwing all of it down on him at once. The cure had been found, she had to go to each pack and spread it. That would take a few days alone and then she had to keep her word to her brother.

Talk like this

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-11-2014, 11:31 PM

Cru had not expected the reaction he got and a softly rumbled laughter would escape his lips as the finly formed queen would pull him further into an embrace and he welcomed the touch she allowed. Despite learning the illness had not been contagious he had still shied for contact with others, and the feel of her against him now was breathtaking. She was warm, and soft and truly cared about his wellbeing, enough to stay with him the night as he found his way back to recovery. All too quickly the moment was lost, her head pulling from him, snapping into focus as all the importance of the discovery seemed to wash over her. She spoke of leaving and his heart fluttered for a moment Leaving him? She was not his to leave... another second and he blushed, it had nothing to with him he realised, she spoke fo the pack and spreading the cure.

His eyes where locked to hers with the position she held them in, so he could not escape the intensity of her gaze. ?Of course, I will watch Covari for you? he promised, wincing slightly at how easily he took the burden, despite not even gaining his full strength ? but having gained the cure first he would be healthy before Des, and if she wanted to him to care for Covari, it was easy to agree ? the pack was safe in his hands.

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2014, 02:29 AM

He allowed her to do pretty much whatever she wanted, allowing her to lap at his cheeks and wrap a forepaw around his shoulders so white dipped paw rested between his shoulder blades. It felt so easy, so natural to be laying there with him. Had his eyes always been that pretty? Funny how she had never really noticed anymore. Even funnier, though not really, was the fact that she had been so worried about him. She hadn't thought twice about curling up beside him and spending the night here rather then in her own den with her mate. Desiree was just as sick. And even now that she had found the cure she was pained to leave, pained to go to her mate to give her the herbs. Instead all she could do was look at him, a soft smile spreading across inky lips as she studied him. But as he spoke, agreeing to her terms she would clear her throat, allowing eyes to close as chin tipped down as paw slipped from his shoulders. She couldn't be thinking these kinds of things. What did any of this even mean? It seemed that every time she was around him her heart fluttered and jumped which was awful for two reasons. One, he was ridiculously younger then her. Two, she had a mate! A mate she loved? Right? "What would I do without you Cru?" She said after a moment, head lifting to smile gently at him, an earnest smile she had never really shown before, one that actually touched her eyes. "I don't want to go?" Voice was a whisper as she finally looked back to him, once again locking her gaze with his. Did he want her to leave? Did he feel the same as she did?

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-14-2014, 02:52 AM

He was still somewhat addled and felt at his weakness with his limbs heavy about him. He knew he would have long days ahead before he was truly right and ready to take on the responsibility she gave to him. But he knew also that he must prove himself equal to them, built up his strength and know the wolves of this pack as well as he had come to know its land. He was so lost in his thoughts he almost did not notice the expressions that crossed her face, her hesitation, but he did hear her words.

His eyes would lift, a soft expression of wonderment in his eyes as he brought his attention back to her, and took in her soft beauty, even more radiant by the smile that took her. ?I have every confidence that you would get on fine? he joked softly through an oddly horse throat. There something intense and brilliant about her that caught at his breath, his being. He expected the moment to simply pass, but it didn't. She held onto it and further words would slip her lips and his eyes followed her every moment. Vi was the strong, sexy independent and slightly crazy woman who had gained his full respect more successfully then even his own family had. Yet in all that time he had not realised that he in turn might actually be important to her in more ways then her trust in his ability to handle Beta. She did not want to leave him, and in his sickness she had come to him. ?Vi...? his voice was hoarse again, but he cought himself, and smiled. ?I, and the pack will be waiting right here from you. I promise I wont somehow lose Covari in your absence? he teased, the strange image of exiting his den and the land having been moved around in his sleep jumped to mind and added to his smile.

"Speech"

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
06-25-2014, 01:37 AM

He shook off her fears easily and though she had honestly thought them to be well placed apparently they had not been. His confidence in her was unshakable. Would he still feel that way after everything that was to come? She forced a small smile, allowing a chuckle to roll up her throat as she shook off the idea of him leaving her. Why would he? But then? "True? But the knowledge of having someone to lean on is comforting? Cru? Are you happy here?" She had to ask. She had met his sister now while he was ill and it seemed that he had other family in Valhalla. Would he hate her? She was never one to be insecure but for probably the first time she struggled to keep that unshakable mask on her features, eyes slightly hooded but easy none the less. "I know you won't Cru?" She murmured softly, tipping her head and again allowing a chuckle to leave her lips, pushing her paws forward to allow a stretch to arc through her body. God it was cramped in here? "What do you want in life? I've promised you along on this grand adventure. But are you happy with your current station or would you one day want more? What are you ambitions? Your young, you must have some?" She had to ask. One day soon she might have to ask him the very same questions with much higher stakes. What would he say then? She didn't want him to leave, didn't want to loose him but how many wolves did she have left who she trusted? Eventually she would have to offer him something? Right?

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-25-2014, 02:04 AM

He could feel the warmth creeping through his veins, a healthy warmth that filled his revitalized his body. It was far different to the heat of sickness that had once been in his place. His limbs still felt weak yet there was an urge to dance and run in his muscles, to fully stretch as he had not been able to in a long time. Perhaps this was a little add to the devotion that had already tied him to this woman, the knowledge that she had freed him and brought him back to health. He had never felt so tied to another before, so willing to tighten his own leash to this woman. Sure, he had felt protective to his family, to Twig but not to the degree that told him to hold on to and trust Vi, to fully trust her with his fate and future.

?Then I?m glad I can give you that comfort? he said simply, as she spoke of leaning on him. That was what he was here for, to ease some of the responsibilities of leadership, to be someone she could lean against ? her knight in shining armor as he jokingly referred to himself as. ?I am, I?m more at home here? he would say, unafraid to admit the ties he had created to Covari.

The woman would stretch out her body, her back arching in a perfect, mouthwatering formation as her lean body tightened about her chest and shoulders with the arch, displaying her figure freely before him. It was a distraction from her words, meaning that trickled slowly through his mind as he watched her and his maw would open and a reply would flutter free. ?You? he would answer unthinkingly and his eyes would widen, as he quickly back peddled. ?That?s to say, Covari ? not to own her, but to look out for this pack of yours. This place has become my home, and ill take what station I earn, don?t feel you have to freely give one to me for tagging along. I?m here to help ease your burdens how I can.? he would flash that crooked smile her way with these words. ?I?m your knight in shining armour, remember??

"Speech"